Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birdbox 22:50 - Jan 5 with 2658 viewsepaul

Thought I'd give it a watch given the hype, well wow just bloődy wow, absolutely superb, anyone else seen it

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Birdbox on 22:55 - Jan 5 with 2636 viewslifelong

Thought you were getting into putting nest boxes up then Paul.
Birdbox on 22:56 - Jan 5 with 2632 viewstrinityann

It could have been better, a lot of unrealistic parts in it(i know it's a film).
Birdbox on 23:08 - Jan 5 with 2592 viewsepaul

Birdbox on 22:55 - Jan 5 by lifelong

Thought you were getting into putting nest boxes up then Paul.

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Birdbox on 23:10 - Jan 5 with 2586 viewsepaul

Birdbox on 22:56 - Jan 5 by trinityann

It could have been better, a lot of unrealistic parts in it(i know it's a film).

You've answered your own statement there!! It's a filum!!!

Birdbox on 23:14 - Jan 5 with 2572 viewsGroo

A Quiet Place is pretty good too

Groo does what Groo does best

Birdbox on 23:19 - Jan 5 with 2563 viewsepaul

This is interesting, I can see what he's saying having watched the film, spoiler alert though, little one...

***WARNING (Bird Box Spoilers)

Y’all are totally missing the underlying message of this film!

The monster makes you commit suicide and hear voices. Notice that people labeled as “mentally ill” are immune to the monster and they want everyone else to see it. THEY WANT EVERYONE ELSE TO SEE WHAT ITS LIKE TO WANT TO TAKE YOUR OWN LIFE AND HEAR VOICES IN YOUR HEAD. The monster is suicide and mental illness personified. Throughout the film you slowly watch people unravel and fall victim to their own fear, paranoia and violent behavior, all symptoms of mental illness. This forces the audience to ask “Now who’s crazy?”. Without any in depth information about the “monster”, all the characters are figuratively and literally left blind.

Why can no one see the “monster”? Because suicide and mental illness don’t have a face. It can affect anybody. In the scene in the kitchen with Sandra Bullock (Malorie), and Trevante Rhodes (Tom), Malorie says something to the effect of “My sister would have never killed herself. She wasn’t like that”. Today we have those instances of people who were clearly exemplifying suicidal tendencies before they took their own lives, but the stigma surrounding suicide and mental illness often causes people to hide those feelings rather then talk about them; we’ve all seen those new stories and interviews were people who were close to a suicide victim say things like “She never seemed like she’d do something like that” or “everything seemed fine”.

The scene where Danielle’s McDonald’s character (Olympia), asks Malorie to take care of her child if anything happens to her is also very telling. Olympia speaks about feeling like a burden because she was spoiled her whole life and “all that love made [her] soft” while Malorie proclaims she was “raised by wolves”. Both women are PREGNANT, and despite their different backgrounds are at the mercy of the same invisible force. I think this is a commentary on gestational and postpartum depression.

Almost all of the characters are dealing with grief to some degree, especially Malorie and John Malcovich’s character (Douglas). They both watch their loved ones commit suicide. This shows that suicide doesn’t just affect the victim, but also the people around them.

In the end we see that the only way for Malorie and her kids to survive is by USING THEIR VOICES.

Now go rewatch the movie and stop looking at things at face value. That kind of observation is what the film is trying to get you to stop doing. It’s so much deeper than that.

Birdbox on 23:29 - Jan 5 with 2539 viewsexiledclaseboy

It’s a good film, we watched it tonight. Not a classic by any means but very enjoyable especially for a film that went straight to Netflix.

Poll: Tory leader

Birdbox on 11:07 - Jan 6 with 2289 viewsMrSwerve

Birdbox on 23:29 - Jan 5 by exiledclaseboy

It’s a good film, we watched it tonight. Not a classic by any means but very enjoyable especially for a film that went straight to Netflix.

Indeed, enjoyed it but not sure if it was worth the hype...much like A Quiet Place. Decent films though. ‘Different’ I would use to describe them.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Login to get fewer ads

Birdbox on 13:34 - Jan 6 with 2194 viewsLoyal

Birdbox on 23:29 - Jan 5 by exiledclaseboy

It's a good film.
And it won't be long before Netflix and Amazon are challenging for football rights, it's not far away for sure. Quality programming and film making by both companies.
Matter of time.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Birdbox on 14:47 - Jan 6 with 2119 viewsMrSwerve

Birdbox on 13:34 - Jan 6 by Loyal

It's a good film.
And it won't be long before Netflix and Amazon are challenging for football rights, it's not far away for sure. Quality programming and film making by both companies.
Matter of time.

Indeed - Amazon have already started doing sports with the US Open last year. Decent coverage too.

In 10 years or so, there will be huge pressure on TV companies (as is building in the present time) - it'll all be on demand internet streaming services.

Wonder how long the Beeb has left.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Birdbox on 16:04 - Jan 6 with 2053 viewssainthelens

Good watch but ending was disappointing. A Quiet Place much better imo.
Birdbox on 23:48 - Jan 7 with 1755 viewsSlugster664

Utter shat...what was the point of it? Wtf was it about?

Myself and the good lady ffwd to the end after 50-55 to see if it got better quicker, it didn't.

STID

Birdbox on 10:40 - Jan 8 with 1592 viewsdickythorpe

Sandra Bullock always looks so bloody miserable.
Birdbox on 10:45 - Jan 8 with 1588 viewssainthelens

Birdbox on 10:40 - Jan 8 by dickythorpe

Sandra Bullock always looks so bloody miserable.

You would tho Dicky.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024