Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will the trust get duped again by the Yanks 19:59 - Feb 5 with 2807 viewsSwanseaman

I can see the yanks trying to win them over, being their best buddies, and giving the full smoke and mirrors to them.

They probably view the trust as lambs to the slaughter.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Will the trust get duped again by the Yanks on 20:01 - Feb 5 with 2792 viewsscruffyjack

Why don’t you join and find out?
Will the trust get duped again by the Yanks on 20:18 - Feb 5 with 2720 viewsthornabyswan

Are the Trust going to put legal action to the members no matter what the owners come out with.

Personally I think they should.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Will the trust get duped again by the Yanks on 20:26 - Feb 5 with 2692 viewsscruffyjack

Will the trust get duped again by the Yanks on 20:18 - Feb 5 by thornabyswan

Are the Trust going to put legal action to the members no matter what the owners come out with.

Read the trust statement from the agm
Will the trust get duped again by the Yanks on 20:30 - Feb 5 with 2670 viewsexiledclaseboy

Will the trust get duped again by the Yanks on 20:18 - Feb 5 by thornabyswan

It will be one of the options in the upcoming consultation. The members will decide.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2019 20:31]

Poll: Tory leader

Will the trust get duped again by the Yanks on 20:54 - Feb 5 with 2603 viewsDafyddHuw

Will the trust get duped again by the Yanks on 20:30 - Feb 5 by exiledclaseboy

It will be one of the options in the upcoming consultation. The members will decide.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2019 20:31]

Are the Trust going to "recommend" which way to vote like the chairman did last time?
Will the trust get duped again by the Yanks on 20:56 - Feb 5 with 2596 viewsexiledclaseboy

Will the trust get duped again by the Yanks on 20:54 - Feb 5 by DafyddHuw

Are the Trust going to "recommend" which way to vote like the chairman did last time?

No. And although I wasn’t involved then, from what I recall it was a trust board collective recommendation and not just the chair.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2019 20:57]

Poll: Tory leader

Will the trust get duped again by the Yanks on 21:00 - Feb 5 with 2568 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

No, it can't happen again.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Will the trust get duped again by the Yanks on 21:01 - Feb 5 with 2565 viewsUxbridge

Will the trust get duped again by the Yanks on 20:56 - Feb 5 by exiledclaseboy

No. And although I wasn’t involved then, from what I recall it was a trust board collective recommendation and not just the chair.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2019 20:57]

It was indeed.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

Will the trust get duped again by the Yanks on 21:05 - Feb 5 with 2545 viewsBloodyhills

'Duped again' I wouldn't think so.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Will the trust get duped again by the Yanks on 21:17 - Feb 5 with 2507 viewsthornabyswan

The Trust get a lot of undeserved crap thrown their way.

You would swear they were the devious tw@ts that sold us down the river the way some carry on.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Will the trust get duped again by the Yanks on 21:29 - Feb 5 with 2466 viewsvalleyboy

Will the trust get duped again by the Yanks on 21:17 - Feb 5 by thornabyswan

The Trust get a lot of undeserved crap thrown their way.

You would swear they were the devious tw@ts that sold us down the river the way some carry on.

Deservedly so

It’s what happens when you get complacent and brush stuff under the carpet when they should have dealt with it

Coozegste went on for far to long and you had the deputy chairman of the Trust or whatever his title was, selling his software to the club

Talk about a conflict of interest

People would have been sacked if that had happened in well run company
Will the trust get duped again by the Yanks on 21:47 - Feb 5 with 2422 viewsthornabyswan

Will the trust get duped again by the Yanks on 21:29 - Feb 5 by valleyboy

Deservedly so

It’s what happens when you get complacent and brush stuff under the carpet when they should have dealt with it

Coozegste went on for far to long and you had the deputy chairman of the Trust or whatever his title was, selling his software to the club

Talk about a conflict of interest

People would have been sacked if that had happened in well run company

At least none of them support the Swans and jump ship 40 miles up the road to watch Premiership football.

Will the trust get duped again by the Yanks on 22:02 - Feb 5 with 2375 viewsSwanseaman

Does anyone know if the class of the trusts shares were changed at all during the sale to the Americans, and during the changes to the Articles of Association. Were changes made to lower the class status of the trusts shares.

They should really all be the same Class A. Class B has less rights. Does anyone know if the trusts class of shares were changed.

More info here: Any company can create different classes of shares by setting out those classes and the rights attached to them in the company's articles. If a company has only one class of shares they will be ordinary shares and will carry equal rights.

Different classes of shares within a company can carry identical rights, but very often have different voting, dividend and/or capital rights.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Will the trust get duped again by the Yanks on 22:38 - Feb 5 with 2284 viewsSwanseaman

Changing class rights
There is some statutory protection given to the holders of a class of shares against the rights on their shares being altered. A minority class of shares, or a class of non-voting shares, would otherwise be vulnerable to the rights on those shares being altered by the majority (e.g. by altering the articles by special resolution). This is known as a variation of class rights. The following is a summary of the main statutory provisions:

CA 2006, sec630 provides that class rights may be varied only in accordance with the articles or if either:
(a) the holders of three-quarters in nominal value of the issued shares of that class consent in writing to the variation; or
(b)a special resolution (75% majority) is passed at a separate general meeting of the holders of that class to sanction the variation.
CA 2006, sec633: The holders of not less than 15% of the issued shares of the class (being persons who did not consent to or vote in favour of the resolution for the variation), may apply to the court to have the variation cancelled.

Will the trust get duped again by the Yanks on 22:51 - Feb 5 with 2257 viewsSwanseaman

Some info I've been reading, quite a few points seem to apply to the trusts case.

Shareholder disputes.
The most common disagreements in a company is, a perceived lack of performance on the part of one shareholder or director, and allegations of manipulation.

Unfair prejudice — the statutory remedy

The most powerful weapon in the armoury of an aggrieved minority shareholder is the statutory remedy available under s.994 of the Companies Act 2006.

A shareholder may petition the court where the affairs of the company are being conducted in a manner that is unfairly prejudicial to all, or part, of its members.

There is no simple definition of what constitutes “the affairs of the company” or “unfair prejudice” and a large body of case law has developed over the years. However, the terms “unfair prejudice” are considered by the court to be “general words” and the court has a wide discretion in their application.

Two major cases of Unfair Prejudice are:
a minority shareholder was wrongly excluded from management
the majority shareholders consistently ignored the rights of the minority

Other situations where unfair prejudice has been found include:
a failure to consult the complainant or to provide information
misappropriation of company business or assets
mismanagement of internal company affairs
the failure to pay reasonable dividends
improper allotments of shares and rights issues.

Minority shareholders' rights vary depending on the percentage of shares/voting rights they hold in the company, as follows:
At least 5%: has a right to: apply to court to prevent the conversion of a public company into a private company;
call a general meeting;
require the circulation of a written resolution to shareholders (in private companies); and require the passing of a resolution at an annual general meeting (AGM) of a public company.
At least 10%: has a right to: call for a poll vote on a resolution.
More than 10%: has a right to: prevent a meeting being held on short notice (in private companies).
15%: has a right to: apply to the court to cancel a variation of class rights, provided such shareholders did not consent to, or vote in favour of, the variation.

Shareholder Agreement
This document outlines how to deal with issues and can be helpful in reaching an amicable outcome to disputes. The majority of shareholder disputes are resolved by one shareholder selling their shares to the remaining members. This requires the company to be valued and terms of settlement reached.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2019 23:08]

Will the trust get duped again by the Yanks on 23:01 - Feb 5 with 2236 viewschad

Bingo
Will the trust get duped again by the Yanks on 23:20 - Feb 5 with 2178 viewschad

“I can see the yanks trying to win them over, being their best buddies, and giving the full smoke and mirrors to them.

They probably view the trust as lambs to the slaughter. “

Let’s hope not although Ux very recently suggesting the problem has gone now, is a very serious cause of concern to me, and a couple of his other recent comments concern me he still may be of the view of being happy to throw our lot in with the majority owners.
Will the trust get duped again by the Yanks on 23:26 - Feb 5 with 2168 viewsSwanseaman

Will the trust get duped again by the Yanks on 23:20 - Feb 5 by chad

“I can see the yanks trying to win them over, being their best buddies, and giving the full smoke and mirrors to them.

Let’s hope not although Ux very recently suggesting the problem has gone now, is a very serious cause of concern to me, and a couple of his other recent comments concern me he still may be of the view of being happy to throw our lot in with the majority owners.

I'd never trust them again after they way they were treated.

They did the trust over big time, and have treated them with complete contempt ever since the takeover.

Will the trust get duped again by the Yanks on 23:47 - Feb 5 with 2138 viewsUxbridge

Will the trust get duped again by the Yanks on 23:20 - Feb 5 by chad

You do have a habit of misinterpreting people Spratty. Did it at the AGM I recall.

Jenkins was a problem. Oversaw a shambolic recruitment process over the last few years. Been calling for change for years. Finally arrived although I'd have liked a far more orderly exit. I won't even go into the sale, there's no need, that was enough.

For you to say I think he is the only issue is pretty damn disingenuous of you. I've written chapter and verse on the issues between Trust and majority owners. Those issues still remain.

What happens next depends on what happens in mediation and what our members think of that. I'll not pre judge that, or rule anything out. I'm not optimistic based on past experience but to do otherwise would mean I wasn't doing what I should be.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024