Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We are not the only ones 07:37 - Feb 5 with 3106 viewscentrestandswan

with concerns
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2019/feb/04/notts-county-intimate-pict

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

We are not the only ones on 08:43 - Feb 5 with 2898 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Can we get giant inflatable noses?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

We are not the only ones on 08:51 - Feb 5 with 2866 viewsmonmouth

This is why I said beware of just wanting ‘Yanks out’ and trying to stampede them. There may well be worse out there. This is Jenkins real legacy. We are back in play and this is a potential future as is a better one. We just don’t know. He and his cronies have simply brought back the uncertainty they promised to have removed in a rush to enrich themselves.

I’m not saying I wouldn’t have done it (I’d like think not, but that’s easy to say), and not saying that the club isn’t still light years ahead of 90% of my supporting life and I’m glad to have seen that.

His legacy is though, we are back on that knife edge, probably for good.

For what it’s worth by the way, I also read the Americans summer statement again, and it is difficult to deny that they set out their stall and are doing what they said. I actually think we should lay off until the summer and see what happens with the Trust and mediation/legal plus our summer actions before being determined to hound them out. Not popular I know, and no one can stop the twitter army, but I just feel it all needs a bit of space to play out a bit further. I expect to be in a small minority.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

We are not the only ones on 09:02 - Feb 5 with 2824 viewstheloneranger

Things happen quickly in football ... Last season they looked as though they would win the league, then lost in the play offs, and now look as though they will drop out of the league.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

We are not the only ones on 09:04 - Feb 5 with 2817 views3swan

We are not the only ones on 08:51 - Feb 5 by monmouth

This is why I said beware of just wanting ‘Yanks out’ and trying to stampede them. There may well be worse out there. This is Jenkins real legacy. We are back in play and this is a potential future as is a better one. We just don’t know. He and his cronies have simply brought back the uncertainty they promised to have removed in a rush to enrich themselves.

I’m not saying I wouldn’t have done it (I’d like think not, but that’s easy to say), and not saying that the club isn’t still light years ahead of 90% of my supporting life and I’m glad to have seen that.

For what it’s worth by the way, I also read the Americans summer statement again, and it is difficult to deny that they set out their stall and are doing what they said. I actually think we should lay off until the summer and see what happens with the Trust and mediation/legal plus our summer actions before being determined to hound them out. Not popular I know, and no one can stop the twitter army, but I just feel it all needs a bit of space to play out a bit further. I expect to be in a small minority.

You can add me to the small minority then.

The mediation/legal route has to be a given a last last last chance. If things don't progress then it's all out after the outcome of mediation meeting.

I still think there's a place for demonstrations to show the deep feeling of unrest etc, but honestly think the only way of affecting things is in a business way.

There is and will be more questions than answers
We are not the only ones on 09:12 - Feb 5 with 2779 viewslifelong

Whether it’s because I’m just looking for something to laugh at these days but that photograph at he head of that article...
We are not the only ones on 09:15 - Feb 5 with 2759 viewsLord_Bony

We are not the only ones on 09:02 - Feb 5 by theloneranger

Things happen quickly in football ... Last season they looked as though they would win the league, then lost in the play offs, and now look as though they will drop out of the league.

Yep

Unbelievable.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

We are not the only ones on 09:30 - Feb 5 with 2688 viewsvalleyboy

We are not the only ones on 09:04 - Feb 5 by 3swan

You can add me to the small minority then.

The mediation/legal route has to be a given a last last last chance. If things don't progress then it's all out after the outcome of mediation meeting.

I still think there's a place for demonstrations to show the deep feeling of unrest etc, but honestly think the only way of affecting things is in a business way.

There is and will be more questions than answers

Two years down the line and you and Monmouth thinks something will happen with mediation/legal route

Do you believe in fairies as well

The Trust may own 21% of the shares but they are virtually a non entity. Just loke someone that only owns say 2-3%

Whether you like it or not the Yanks can do what they want with the club and who is going to stop them. Certainly not the supporters as they also have done nothing to make the Yanks think again

I read on another site that a poster there had just renewed his season ticket, all for saving himself £30 and he is a supporter that lives and works in London, in where £30 up there is small change

With supporters like that. You have no chance in getting rid of the Yanks until they get what they want. Leaving Swansea City in such a mess no one would want to buy it
We are not the only ones on 09:37 - Feb 5 with 2655 views3swan

We are not the only ones on 09:30 - Feb 5 by valleyboy

Two years down the line and you and Monmouth thinks something will happen with mediation/legal route

The Trust may own 21% of the shares but they are virtually a non entity. Just loke someone that only owns say 2-3%

Whether you like it or not the Yanks can do what they want with the club and who is going to stop them. Certainly not the supporters as they also have done nothing to make the Yanks think again

I read on another site that a poster there had just renewed his season ticket, all for saving himself £30 and he is a supporter that lives and works in London, in where £30 up there is small change

With supporters like that. You have no chance in getting rid of the Yanks until they get what they want. Leaving Swansea City in such a mess no one would want to buy it

Now we've met a few times, so if you knew who I was you'd now that "Do you believe in fairies as well" is way off the mark.

As far as the legal route? There is a meeting planned for the end of this month. That's all I'm saying is give it that last chance.

I'm fully aware of where we stand in decisions made by the club and the full control they have.
Login to get fewer ads

We are not the only ones on 09:44 - Feb 5 with 2624 viewsmonmouth

We are not the only ones on 09:30 - Feb 5 by valleyboy

You misunderstand. I want the Trust to get fair value for its shares at 2016 prices so there is a fund to deal with the fall out when the Yanks do what they want. That’s what I’ve wanted since 2016.

We simply don’t know yet how the Yanks will manage this asset. I’d love to see the investment prospectus that the 27 bought into, but there’s no reason (YET) to believe that scorched earth destruction secures best value for those investors. They have seen that even in the midst of the shirstorm, we are 6 points off a play off place, and the only real win is the PL. so I expect them to follow their hard medicine approach but to balance (yes, hedge) that with a few more punts on the Celinas of this world, while managing out the high earners. A shot to nothing if you like.

More fairies? Maybe. But there’s plenty in the isle of man, and at the BBC, or so I’m told.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2019 9:45]

We are not the only ones on 09:49 - Feb 5 with 2597 viewsJoe_bradshaw

We are not the only ones on 09:44 - Feb 5 by monmouth

You misunderstand. I want the Trust to get fair value for its shares at 2016 prices so there is a fund to deal with the fall out when the Yanks do what they want. That’s what I’ve wanted since 2016.

We simply don’t know yet how the Yanks will manage this asset. I’d love to see the investment prospectus that the 27 bought into, but there’s no reason (YET) to believe that scorched earth destruction secures best value for those investors. They have seen that even in the midst of the shirstorm, we are 6 points off a play off place, and the only real win is the PL. so I expect them to follow their hard medicine approach but to balance (yes, hedge) that with a few more punts on the Celinas of this world, while managing out the high earners. A shot to nothing if you like.

More fairies? Maybe. But there’s plenty in the isle of man, and at the BBC, or so I’m told.

I thought your second paragraph was exactly what was happening.

Then we had last Thursday and the Dan James saga which made no sense to me either from a football or financial perspective. Jenkins was effectively sacked for stopping that.

I don’t know what to think now.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

We are not the only ones on 09:50 - Feb 5 with 2585 viewsvalleyboy

We are not the only ones on 09:37 - Feb 5 by 3swan

Now we've met a few times, so if you knew who I was you'd now that "Do you believe in fairies as well" is way off the mark.

As far as the legal route? There is a meeting planned for the end of this month. That's all I'm saying is give it that last chance.

I'm fully aware of where we stand in decisions made by the club and the full control they have.

Good God

Someone knows that the Yanks are in full control of the club

Perhaps if more supporters knew exactly that point, they would realise that talk is not going to get the club that far
We are not the only ones on 09:56 - Feb 5 with 2548 views3swan

We are not the only ones on 09:50 - Feb 5 by valleyboy

Good God

Someone knows that the Yanks are in full control of the club

Perhaps if more supporters knew exactly that point, they would realise that talk is not going to get the club that far

No I don't believe that talk will change their stance. That's why I say give the mediation one last chance on 3? weeks time. It will then have closed that avenue.
The Trust members will then I hope vote for legal action. The fans demonstrate etc.
They are business men not just someone taking a chance of fancy.
As I've said more questions than answers.
We are not the only ones on 09:59 - Feb 5 with 2532 viewsThornburyswan

We are not the only ones on 08:51 - Feb 5 by monmouth

Quite like that Monmouth, agree likely to be in the minority vs the "out now campaign" currently building but I like it & happy to support your stance to give time for both the Trust to finally evolve their next steps & to see who the new DOF will be & give him/her a chance to communicate a plan.
We are not the only ones on 10:00 - Feb 5 with 2525 viewsmonmouth

We are not the only ones on 09:49 - Feb 5 by Joe_bradshaw

I thought your second paragraph was exactly what was happening.

Then we had last Thursday and the Dan James saga which made no sense to me either from a football or financial perspective. Jenkins was effectively sacked for stopping that.

I don’t know what to think now.

You don’t think 8 million for Dan James can be argued to have made sense from a financial perspective? Depends on your view of Dan James potential, but I can certainly see that both arguments are defendable. Every player will have a price, young or old. That will never change. He wasn’t sold because Leeds dicked about with the payment terms, which made it unattractive added to the risk of them blowing it (which is the main reason for me why such a deal is a non starter).

They are managing down cost this year and we are safe from relegation. This isn’t scorched earth. If it were there be no Celina, McKay, Rodon, Roberts, Asoro, or VDH. And there’d be no Potter. There were a lot of cheaper yes men around to manage a decline.

I think the jury is actually still out on this, even if I don’t trust them a single millimetre. Most of what they say is just bullshit, but they are managing to their summer statement.

We are not the only ones on 10:18 - Feb 5 with 2458 viewsDr_Winston

We are not the only ones on 10:00 - Feb 5 by monmouth

You don’t think 8 million for Dan James can be argued to have made sense from a financial perspective? Depends on your view of Dan James potential, but I can certainly see that both arguments are defendable. Every player will have a price, young or old. That will never change. He wasn’t sold because Leeds dicked about with the payment terms, which made it unattractive added to the risk of them blowing it (which is the main reason for me why such a deal is a non starter).

They are managing down cost this year and we are safe from relegation. This isn’t scorched earth. If it were there be no Celina, McKay, Rodon, Roberts, Asoro, or VDH. And there’d be no Potter. There were a lot of cheaper yes men around to manage a decline.

I think the jury is actually still out on this, even if I don’t trust them a single millimetre. Most of what they say is just bullshit, but they are managing to their summer statement.

£8m for Dan James made perfect sense in a "we're still looking at a huge deficit but nobody else is likely to move on" scenario.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

We are not the only ones on 10:31 - Feb 5 with 2388 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Were we getting 8 million for Dan James then?

As I understood it we were down to 750K up front on a 2M loan deal which would only become a sale if Leeds go up. 8M was pie in the sky depending on add ons such as appearances etc. I don’t think Dan’s close to ready for the PL so what the fee would have been in the end is anyone’s guess.

Maybe I misunderstood the deal?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

We are not the only ones on 10:42 - Feb 5 with 2342 viewsvalleyboy

We are not the only ones on 09:56 - Feb 5 by 3swan

No I don't believe that talk will change their stance. That's why I say give the mediation one last chance on 3? weeks time. It will then have closed that avenue.
The Trust members will then I hope vote for legal action. The fans demonstrate etc.
They are business men not just someone taking a chance of fancy.
As I've said more questions than answers.

In one sentence you say that talk will not change the Yanks stance, but yet you say that mediation should be given one last chance

What’s the difference between talk and mediation then

You can forget the legal bit as the Trust have already had two lots of barristers advice with nothing conclusive from either barrister

That will be a huge gamble for the Trust to take and somehow like nearly all other supporters that have shown very little fight so far. The Trust will do the same
We are not the only ones on 10:57 - Feb 5 with 2271 viewsvalleyboy

We are not the only ones on 09:44 - Feb 5 by monmouth

I think I have read that you have been on some Board or other and you are hoping that the Trust gets its fair value of its shares at 2016 prices

Now I certainly think you believe in fairies

The Trust is where it is because they have swept things under the carpet for far to long. When they should have sorted things out and been led by people that thinks more about themselves than what is best for Swansea City

Leave me give you an example of how toothless the Trust is

Jenkins resigned/fired and the first time the Trust knew about it is when they read it in the papers, whereas they should have been in discussions of what was happening
We are not the only ones on 11:02 - Feb 5 with 2253 views3swan

We are not the only ones on 10:42 - Feb 5 by valleyboy

In one sentence you say that talk will not change the Yanks stance, but yet you say that mediation should be given one last chance

What’s the difference between talk and mediation then

You can forget the legal bit as the Trust have already had two lots of barristers advice with nothing conclusive from either barrister

That will be a huge gamble for the Trust to take and somehow like nearly all other supporters that have shown very little fight so far. The Trust will do the same

“What’s the difference between talk and mediation then “

Mediation is part of the legal process. Without it then it can go against in a court case.

If you’re picking up on me wanting to try every possible way then your comments say we shouldn’t go the legal way, the supporters can’t change anything etc.

If that’s the case we should all just give up?

The problem is people care deeply about the club and want to see things change, each to their own way of doing things.

I posted in another thread about decision time and that I had let my membership of the Trust to lapse. My decision at the moment is I want to be in to at least get my voice heard and vote on my preferences.

It’s all about no regrets and not doing anything in whatever small way.

The cards are stacked with the owners, but that doesn’t mean we quietly accept everything. Not all their decisions are wrong as we are as a club in a mess, but the attitude is not helping winning minds of the fans.

Anyway off now for a drink with 2 ex works colleagues (Birmingham fans), so I’m sure football will be the main talking point especially as I’ll make sure the Swans is one of the topics

Edit to say last week I rejoined the Trust
[Post edited 5 Feb 2019 11:05]
We are not the only ones on 11:30 - Feb 5 with 2160 viewsvalleyboy

We are not the only ones on 11:02 - Feb 5 by 3swan

“What’s the difference between talk and mediation then “

Mediation is part of the legal process. Without it then it can go against in a court case.

If you’re picking up on me wanting to try every possible way then your comments say we shouldn’t go the legal way, the supporters can’t change anything etc.

If that’s the case we should all just give up?

The problem is people care deeply about the club and want to see things change, each to their own way of doing things.

I posted in another thread about decision time and that I had let my membership of the Trust to lapse. My decision at the moment is I want to be in to at least get my voice heard and vote on my preferences.

It’s all about no regrets and not doing anything in whatever small way.

The cards are stacked with the owners, but that doesn’t mean we quietly accept everything. Not all their decisions are wrong as we are as a club in a mess, but the attitude is not helping winning minds of the fans.

Anyway off now for a drink with 2 ex works colleagues (Birmingham fans), so I’m sure football will be the main talking point especially as I’ll make sure the Swans is one of the topics

Edit to say last week I rejoined the Trust
[Post edited 5 Feb 2019 11:05]

You are talking about of having no regrets and not doing anything

Remember that you are now two years down the line

Bit late for that I would say

I don’t think there’s many that have followed the Swans home and away over the years than I have. But as soon as I realised who the new owners were and that they had enough voting rights to do what they wanted with the club. I made the decision that I wouldn’t put any money into their pockets

A hard decision to make, but I knew then, that the only way for the Yanks to think what they were doing was to hit them were it hurts and that’s in their pocket

I seem to be very much in the minority as you only have to look at attendances for the last two years and especially this season where attendances are only about 3k down of when the Swans were in the Premier League

With that type of support, the supporters haven’t a chance in hell of changing the Yanks mindset and they will only leave when they have had all of of their investment back plus much more and to leave the club at the mercy of vulchers flying around

On another subject:- Ask your Birmingham supporting friends what they think of Gary Monk, especially with the many useless managers they had before

Might surprise you with the answer and tell you that Swansea was dull to get rid of him

Unfortunately for Monk, he got caught up in something that had nothing to do with him, but paid the price in Jenkins not getting rid of a major shareholder in Swansea
We are not the only ones on 13:43 - Feb 5 with 1872 viewsSmellyplumz

This thread shows exactly why this club is fu cked. Truly pathetic.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

We are not the only ones on 13:56 - Feb 5 with 1831 viewsSTID2017

We are not the only ones on 10:31 - Feb 5 by Joe_bradshaw

Were we getting 8 million for Dan James then?

As I understood it we were down to 750K up front on a 2M loan deal which would only become a sale if Leeds go up. 8M was pie in the sky depending on add ons such as appearances etc. I don’t think Dan’s close to ready for the PL so what the fee would have been in the end is anyone’s guess.

Maybe I misunderstood the deal?

That's how understood it.
Leeds were taking us to the cleaners.
Some on here think we should have just doffed our caps and said thanks.
The whole offer from Leeds side was a farce.
If they wanted him they should have paid whatever cash price was acceptable to the board (probably far less than £8 million) before January 31st.
A bunch of cheapskates

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

We are not the only ones on 13:59 - Feb 5 with 1815 viewsjack2jack

We are not the only ones on 08:43 - Feb 5 by Brynmill_Jack

Can we get giant inflatable noses?

Do you have to blow them, to make them bigger😉
We are not the only ones on 14:02 - Feb 5 with 1802 viewsswan65split

We are not the only ones on 13:56 - Feb 5 by STID2017

That's how understood it.
Leeds were taking us to the cleaners.
Some on here think we should have just doffed our caps and said thanks.
The whole offer from Leeds side was a farce.
If they wanted him they should have paid whatever cash price was acceptable to the board (probably far less than £8 million) before January 31st.
A bunch of cheapskates

I agree, wasnt it over 3 years? thats not a deal thats a pickpocket.
We are not the only ones on 14:52 - Feb 5 with 1682 viewsvalleyboy

We are not the only ones on 14:02 - Feb 5 by swan65split

I agree, wasnt it over 3 years? thats not a deal thats a pickpocket.

It just makes me wonder how desperate the financial situation is after what happened last Thursday

With Shaky writing about refinancing the club

It doesn’t look at all good
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024