Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Contract extension to 2020 for CBR 11:16 - Feb 10 with 3855 viewsGaz_M

One we should look to improve on ASAP, but it makes sense as old deal was due to end this summer.
Contract extension to 2020 for CBR on 11:18 - Feb 10 with 3219 viewsDarran

I think we can do better.

Slaughter away.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Contract extension to 2020 for CBR on 11:20 - Feb 10 with 3202 viewsmagicdaps10

He signed a new contract?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Contract extension to 2020 for CBR on 11:22 - Feb 10 with 3183 viewsGaz_M

Contract extension to 2020 for CBR on 11:18 - Feb 10 by Darran

Slaughter away.

Anyone disagreeing is a bit of a clown.
Contract extension to 2020 for CBR on 11:48 - Feb 10 with 3126 viewsmagicdaps10

Just seen he has signed on.

Brings something to the table. Big, strong and chipped in with a few goals.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Contract extension to 2020 for CBR on 12:14 - Feb 10 with 3064 viewsLuther27

Slaughter away.

To be fair give him a run in the team and then we can judge. I'd like to see him as the main target forward with Ollie on the left side. Let's see what Potter can get out of him.
Contract extension to 2020 for CBR on 12:18 - Feb 10 with 3037 viewsjasper_T

Contract extension to 2020 for CBR on 12:14 - Feb 10 by Luther27

To be fair give him a run in the team and then we can judge. I'd like to see him as the main target forward with Ollie on the left side. Let's see what Potter can get out of him.

I've watched him play a lot of games and he's been useful doing a specific job at need but if we're giving him a run of games over far superior footballers like James & Byers then something's going wrong.

He was justifiably second to Biabi as a centre forward for the u23s through the back half of last season.
Contract extension to 2020 for CBR on 12:23 - Feb 10 with 3017 viewsLuther27

Contract extension to 2020 for CBR on 12:18 - Feb 10 by jasper_T

I've watched him play a lot of games and he's been useful doing a specific job at need but if we're giving him a run of games over far superior footballers like James & Byers then something's going wrong.

He was justifiably second to Biabi as a centre forward for the u23s through the back half of last season.

Yes...I watched him come through...but if you want a guy to hold up the ball for midfield runners to come on to then he's best we have. I wouldn't include him at the expense of James...what's the point? I just think he offers something different if we need to change tack.
Contract extension to 2020 for CBR on 12:28 - Feb 10 with 3003 viewsTreforys_Jack

Don't like having a go at any of our players but I struggle to see what his strengths are, or what he brings to the table. Doesn't seem particularly good in the air or on the floor., maybe a run of games will help him develop, but I worry when jasper says he was playing second fiddle to biabi last season. As someone said we can def do better.
Login to get fewer ads

Contract extension to 2020 for CBR on 12:29 - Feb 10 with 2997 viewsbuilthjack

Slaughter away.

I agree

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Contract extension to 2020 for CBR on 12:44 - Feb 10 with 2947 viewsglanmorjak

Contract extension to 2020 for CBR on 12:18 - Feb 10 by jasper_T

After playing the opening U23 match last season Biabi went on loan to Hamilton and when he returned in January he shared the lone striker position with Baker-Richardson.
Sadly both players are much of a muchness ,their hold-up is weak, and are not natural goalscorers.
Contract extension to 2020 for CBR on 12:44 - Feb 10 with 2942 viewsAnotherJohn

I was hoping that CBR might emerge as a useful target man who could hold the ball up and lay it off to others, but he wasn't great at that on Saturday, In fairness he did a lot of running and seemed knackered by the time he went off. He was well placed for a shot in the second half but Celina took it off his toes and sliced wide.
Contract extension to 2020 for CBR on 12:50 - Feb 10 with 2927 viewsmarchamjack

Better hope he improves as next season’s CF once the Yanks ship out Ollie

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Contract extension to 2020 for CBR on 13:01 - Feb 10 with 2886 viewsnantywatcher

I see all the usual suspects who wouldn't know the difference between a football and a mothballed have chipped in.
Contract extension to 2020 for CBR on 13:19 - Feb 10 with 2847 viewsjasper_T

Contract extension to 2020 for CBR on 12:44 - Feb 10 by glanmorjak

After playing the opening U23 match last season Biabi went on loan to Hamilton and when he returned in January he shared the lone striker position with Baker-Richardson.
Sadly both players are much of a muchness ,their hold-up is weak, and are not natural goalscorers.

"Shared" is a generous way to describe it. Biabi was clearly first choice through the second half of the season, which was much better in results and performances than the first half (not that I would give Biabi much credit for the turnaround, mind).
Contract extension to 2020 for CBR on 13:23 - Feb 10 with 2831 viewsLoyal

Contract extension to 2020 for CBR on 13:19 - Feb 10 by jasper_T

"Shared" is a generous way to describe it. Biabi was clearly first choice through the second half of the season, which was much better in results and performances than the first half (not that I would give Biabi much credit for the turnaround, mind).

I'm scratching around to see another potential striker Jasper, beyond CBR and Biabi who both for me aren't championship standard.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:26 - Feb 10 with 2826 viewsomarjack

Contract extension to 2020 for CBR on 12:50 - Feb 10 by marchamjack

Better hope he improves as next season’s CF once the Yanks ship out Ollie

Unfortunately that's how it's likely to go..

CBR being our first choice CF is suicidal. We're going to be in a long relegation battle next season.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2019 13:28]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Contract extension to 2020 for CBR on 13:29 - Feb 10 with 2815 viewswhaleoilbeefhooked

All I can say is, God help us if Oli gets injured!
CBR just hasn’t got what it takes.
Giving an contract extension to yet another dud.
Our only hope is that Potter really is a magician.
Contract extension to 2020 for CBR on 13:33 - Feb 10 with 2800 viewsCooperman

I assume that the view is for him to be a third choice striker next season on relatively low wages.

I’ve not got an issue with this.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Contract extension to 2020 for CBR on 13:36 - Feb 10 with 2791 viewscontroversial_jack

Slaughter away.

I agree, he's not very good at all
Contract extension to 2020 for CBR on 13:37 - Feb 10 with 2782 viewsomarjack

Contract extension to 2020 for CBR on 13:33 - Feb 10 by Cooperman

I assume that the view is for him to be a third choice striker next season on relatively low wages.

I’ve not got an issue with this.

Who's the 2nd choice striker?

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Contract extension to 2020 for CBR on 13:43 - Feb 10 with 2766 viewsLoyal

Contract extension to 2020 for CBR on 13:37 - Feb 10 by omarjack

Not you spaz.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Contract extension to 2020 for CBR on 13:46 - Feb 10 with 2757 viewsjasper_T

Contract extension to 2020 for CBR on 13:23 - Feb 10 by Loyal

I'm scratching around to see another potential striker Jasper, beyond CBR and Biabi who both for me aren't championship standard.

Potter has pushed DJ/Routledge central in a few games to get some pace up front and make space for Ollie. Think that's going to be his preferred option for the rest of the season, injuries and fitness permitting.

Didn't work at Birmingham but they're an especially conservative team sitting very deep. Gives Potter plenty of options to restructure during a game as we've seen.
Contract extension to 2020 for CBR on 14:41 - Feb 10 with 2677 viewsCooperman

Contract extension to 2020 for CBR on 13:37 - Feb 10 by omarjack

Don’t know yet. My assumption is based on us keeping McBurnie and signing AN Other.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Contract extension to 2020 for CBR on 19:15 - Feb 10 with 2499 viewsWxmJax

Only seen him twice in the flesh, Villa in cup and Preston away, and even though he scored in both matches I didn't get it. Couldn't hold the ball up, not the quickest and his positioning seemed poor. But what do I know ?

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Contract extension to 2020 for CBR on 20:09 - Feb 10 with 2418 viewsMagic_Michu

League 2 standard at best

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024