Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Contract Talks 14:23 - Feb 7 with 6355 viewsjasper_T

DJ, Fer and vdH in discussions according to Potter.

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/swans-talks-over-new-deals-trio

"I have personally spoken to Leroy around that yesterday"
Contract Talks on 14:29 - Feb 7 with 4047 viewsmagicdaps10

Would be happy if they signed on, will believe it when I see it.

It is a head scratcher with what is all going on at present at the club, seems it is depends on the feeling on that day in terms of what goes on.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Contract Talks on 14:33 - Feb 7 with 4033 viewsjack_lord

There is a bigger picture for everyone to consider, but we have started those conversations and we will see where it goes.

The devil is in the detail.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Contract Talks on 14:35 - Feb 7 with 4026 viewspembsjack

Dont believe a word anymore, Potters fed a load of bullshit from those above anyway.
Contract Talks on 14:54 - Feb 7 with 3947 viewsLoyal

Contract Talks on 14:35 - Feb 7 by pembsjack

Dont believe a word anymore, Potters fed a load of bullshit from those above anyway.

He did say he had spoken to Leroy Fer.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Contract Talks on 15:03 - Feb 7 with 3908 viewsBlasterJack

The signing of new contracts means sh*t all in terms of team planning/building.
It purely means we will get a few more quid when they are offloaded in the summer.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Contract Talks on 15:04 - Feb 7 with 3904 viewsjasper_T

Contract Talks on 15:03 - Feb 7 by BlasterJack

The signing of new contracts means sh*t all in terms of team planning/building.
It purely means we will get a few more quid when they are offloaded in the summer.

Can't please some people.
Contract Talks on 15:05 - Feb 7 with 3900 viewsmonmouth

Contract Talks on 14:54 - Feb 7 by Loyal

He did say he had spoken to Leroy Fer.

But was it about a contract? I heard Graham fancies a horse for his penthouse flat.

Hopefully this will all end up calming a few nerves eventually.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Contract Talks on 15:08 - Feb 7 with 3881 views34dfgdf54

Great news.

I'm going to get absolute pelters I know, and I'm completely going against what I said on deadline day, now I've had time to reflect on things, I think the protests over the yanks are a bit premature.

Jenkins has gone, in my opinion it's the right call, despite his good work he had to take responsiblity for the state of the club financially now due to incompetence in the last few windows.

As it stand the Americans have not gone back on anything they said at the start of the year. If we are looking at retaining the three players mentioned, they still have ambition of building a solid foundation around the youngsters.
Login to get fewer ads

Contract Talks on 15:23 - Feb 7 with 3809 viewsraynor94

Contract Talks on 15:08 - Feb 7 by 34dfgdf54

Great news.

I'm going to get absolute pelters I know, and I'm completely going against what I said on deadline day, now I've had time to reflect on things, I think the protests over the yanks are a bit premature.

Jenkins has gone, in my opinion it's the right call, despite his good work he had to take responsiblity for the state of the club financially now due to incompetence in the last few windows.

As it stand the Americans have not gone back on anything they said at the start of the year. If we are looking at retaining the three players mentioned, they still have ambition of building a solid foundation around the youngsters.

Great post

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Contract Talks on 15:26 - Feb 7 with 3790 viewsJacket

Great news.

I'd reserve judgement until we have something more concrete than "in discussions" before starting to support these pair of kunts if I were you. Weren't the shower of shites in "in discussion" with James before Christmas? I.e. the exact same time they were "in discussion" with Leeds about shipping him there on loan free of charge on the vague promise of payment on Leeds's promotion to the Premier League.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2019 15:27]
Contract Talks on 15:27 - Feb 7 with 3787 viewshobo

Great news.

They were prepared to offload James on transfer deadline day only for Jenkins' supposed intervention! Don't let soundbites like this gloss over the situation
Contract Talks on 15:37 - Feb 7 with 3741 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Contract Talks on 15:27 - Feb 7 by hobo

They were prepared to offload James on transfer deadline day only for Jenkins' supposed intervention! Don't let soundbites like this gloss over the situation

It seems they were still happy to go ahead with the deal after Leeds moved the goalposts, wanted a loan on the never never, and would only buy him if they went up for a reduced fee with unlikely add ons. Jenkins switched his phone off at that point and was sacked for it.

They spent a lot of money trying to keep us in the PL. Unfortunately they entrusted that money to Jenkins and his recruitment committee and we’re now paying a heavy price. They needed (and still need) to cut costs dramatically but there has to be a balance at a football club and the Dan James saga worries me as to how much worse it’s going to get before it gets better.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Contract Talks on 15:57 - Feb 7 with 3656 viewsjasper_T

Contract Talks on 15:37 - Feb 7 by Joe_bradshaw

It seems they were still happy to go ahead with the deal after Leeds moved the goalposts, wanted a loan on the never never, and would only buy him if they went up for a reduced fee with unlikely add ons. Jenkins switched his phone off at that point and was sacked for it.

They spent a lot of money trying to keep us in the PL. Unfortunately they entrusted that money to Jenkins and his recruitment committee and we’re now paying a heavy price. They needed (and still need) to cut costs dramatically but there has to be a balance at a football club and the Dan James saga worries me as to how much worse it’s going to get before it gets better.

I don't think the fee at the end was "reduced". It was supposedly a £5-6m offer on the Monday and on deadline day it had become about £10m including the £1.5m loan fee.

"Unlikely" addons or not, they would have been the same at the start and end of the week.
Contract Talks on 16:00 - Feb 7 with 3642 viewsunion_jack

Great news.

Please don’t get taken in by this. The longer it goes without protest, the more damage they can do.

Contract talks may be going on but no guarantee they’ll sign and even if they do it just means they are worth more in the transfer market.

I’m sorry, but these so called owners are a curse on the club. My only fear is if / when they go, who replaces them. But one step at a time.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Contract Talks on 16:00 - Feb 7 with 3641 viewsthornabyswan

Great news.

Maybe the threat of protests are galvanizing the owners into doing something.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Contract Talks on 16:00 - Feb 7 with 3640 viewsjasper_T

Contract Talks on 15:26 - Feb 7 by Jacket

I'd reserve judgement until we have something more concrete than "in discussions" before starting to support these pair of kunts if I were you. Weren't the shower of shites in "in discussion" with James before Christmas? I.e. the exact same time they were "in discussion" with Leeds about shipping him there on loan free of charge on the vague promise of payment on Leeds's promotion to the Premier League.

In discussions was all we had about Connor and Joe up until the day they announced the contracts. Didn't even get that much before Grimes signed his (looking like the best bit of business we've done in a long time).

Same with Ollie and Byers in the summer. The young players have all been getting contracts following announced talks.
Contract Talks on 16:00 - Feb 7 with 3639 viewsJacket

Contract Talks on 15:37 - Feb 7 by Joe_bradshaw

They can spin the skint routine all they like, but how does the decision to off-load James fit into that narrative. The amount they'd save on James's departure for no loan fee is a pittance. Now it's known James is practically been given away for free, clubs will be queuing around the block for him. This club is now a joke.
Contract Talks on 16:03 - Feb 7 with 3629 viewsjasper_T

Contract Talks on 16:00 - Feb 7 by Jacket

They can spin the skint routine all they like, but how does the decision to off-load James fit into that narrative. The amount they'd save on James's departure for no loan fee is a pittance. Now it's known James is practically been given away for free, clubs will be queuing around the block for him. This club is now a joke.

It was a £1.5m loan fee in every report I've seen (£750k up front which was a bit sht).

£8m to make permanent. "Given away", give over.
Contract Talks on 16:06 - Feb 7 with 3615 viewsthornabyswan

Contract Talks on 16:00 - Feb 7 by Jacket

James wasn't being given away for free.
1.5 million loan loan with a commitment to buy if they went up for 10 million is hardly a free.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Contract Talks on 16:07 - Feb 7 with 3612 viewsjasper_T

Contract Talks on 16:11 - Feb 7 with 3601 viewsdobjack2

Contract Talks on 16:03 - Feb 7 by jasper_T

It was a £1.5m loan fee in every report I've seen (£750k up front which was a bit sht).

£8m to make permanent. "Given away", give over.

Devil in the detail.

Without knowing the details we don’t know what the lowest fee was, whether any add ons were realistic or required Leeds to win the treble, going the season undefeated in all competitions and Dan being voted world player of the year.
Contract Talks on 16:14 - Feb 7 with 3586 viewsjasper_T

Contract Talks on 16:11 - Feb 7 by dobjack2

Devil in the detail.

Without knowing the details we don’t know what the lowest fee was, whether any add ons were realistic or required Leeds to win the treble, going the season undefeated in all competitions and Dan being voted world player of the year.

Taking the figures reported by journos at face value is going to be more accurate than this kind of assumption of the absolute worst possible scenario.

Might as well say every transfer fee ever is probably 0 as we haven't seen proof of the paperwork.
Contract Talks on 16:23 - Feb 7 with 3541 viewsthornabyswan

Contract Talks on 16:14 - Feb 7 by jasper_T

Taking the figures reported by journos at face value is going to be more accurate than this kind of assumption of the absolute worst possible scenario.

Might as well say every transfer fee ever is probably 0 as we haven't seen proof of the paperwork.

Did we get a loan fee for Montero or Carrol or did they just take the wage or part of it on.

Contract Talks on 16:39 - Feb 7 with 3475 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Something changed the Dan James deal significantly enough for Jenkins to think that it was no longer a good deal for Swansea City. If the changes had been trivial he would not have pulled the plug on the deal..

Leeds fans admitted that they have form for this sort of thing and that they don't have any money.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Contract Talks on 16:47 - Feb 7 with 3450 viewsFireboy2

Contract Talks on 15:26 - Feb 7 by Jacket

I will as well jacket
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024