Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
George Byers 18:25 - Feb 17 with 4723 viewskrunchykarrot

This lad is turning into a proper midfielder, tackles decent in the air and scores now and then. I suggest we keep him in and leave Fer on the bench if he gets fit. Id also like us to give some game time and play Dhanda and Harris where possible.

Build a spine that with a couple of additions and a decent GK we can go for it next year.
George Byers on 18:31 - Feb 17 with 3564 viewsicecoldjack

Scrap first half better 2 nd half, thank God we've finally.found a player that can shoot in and around the box !

Hope he can keep progressing, looks like he can develop well if there are good players around him .
George Byers on 18:32 - Feb 17 with 3557 viewsswan65split

Surprised me he's adapting well. Keep it up son.
George Byers on 18:33 - Feb 17 with 3536 viewsGaz_M

He's a good alternative to Celina in a midfield three, but we're crying out for Fer to come back into the fold. We look wide open and Fulton, whilst decent back up, simply isn't a starter.
George Byers on 18:33 - Feb 17 with 3532 viewspembsjack

Im just happy he shoots!
George Byers on 18:34 - Feb 17 with 3521 viewsDrGonzo

He's a cracking footballer. Hope he keeps on progressing.
George Byers on 18:39 - Feb 17 with 3462 viewsdickythorpe

Far better than Ki ever was.
George Byers on 18:41 - Feb 17 with 3437 viewsGaz_M

George Byers on 18:39 - Feb 17 by dickythorpe

Far better than Ki ever was.

No.

If he plays the premier league at some point we can compare. But this kind of sensationalist reactionary bull shit is embarrassing.
George Byers on 18:42 - Feb 17 with 3419 viewsmagicdaps10

Very intelligent player is Byers.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Login to get fewer ads

George Byers on 18:43 - Feb 17 with 3412 viewsAl_Bundy

Byers needs someone with him , Fulton is not that man. We look a bit laboured with both in the middle.
George Byers on 18:45 - Feb 17 with 3396 viewsmagicdaps10

George Byers on 18:43 - Feb 17 by Al_Bundy

Byers needs someone with him , Fulton is not that man. We look a bit laboured with both in the middle.

We need a holder for sure in midfield.

Imagine someone like Bodde in that team.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

George Byers on 18:45 - Feb 17 with 3388 viewsItchySphincter

George Byers on 18:41 - Feb 17 by Gaz_M

No.

If he plays the premier league at some point we can compare. But this kind of sensationalist reactionary bull shit is embarrassing.

Ki didn't play in the Premiership either.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

George Byers on 18:50 - Feb 17 with 3367 viewsGaz_M

George Byers on 18:45 - Feb 17 by ItchySphincter

Thanks for the update mate.
George Byers on 18:58 - Feb 17 with 3314 viewsLeonWasGod

Ok when we’re on the front foot, but a passenger when we’re not imo. Byers wants to play pretty much on the front foot in very advanced positions and is less inclined to do the dirty work tracking back (edited for clarity). Not having a go at him in particular but that balance in midfield was awful in the first half. He and Fulton (hiding) left Grimes (who was immense today) completely exposed. We’d have coped much better in the first half with someone like Fer alongside Grimes to give another out ball and plug that mahoosive hole in midfield.

Agree with comments about him willing to have a go at goal though - it’s great to see. Not only a good strike on him but a cool head too - lovely finish for his goal today.
[Post edited 18 Feb 2019 14:39]
George Byers on 19:02 - Feb 17 with 3278 viewsGaz_M

George Byers on 18:58 - Feb 17 by LeonWasGod

Ok when we’re on the front foot, but a passenger when we’re not imo. Byers wants to play pretty much on the front foot in very advanced positions and is less inclined to do the dirty work tracking back (edited for clarity). Not having a go at him in particular but that balance in midfield was awful in the first half. He and Fulton (hiding) left Grimes (who was immense today) completely exposed. We’d have coped much better in the first half with someone like Fer alongside Grimes to give another out ball and plug that mahoosive hole in midfield.

Agree with comments about him willing to have a go at goal though - it’s great to see. Not only a good strike on him but a cool head too - lovely finish for his goal today.

Played nothing like a striker tbf. Look at his positional map when it becomes available and try again.

Ta. X
George Byers on 19:04 - Feb 17 with 3248 viewsCooperman

George Byers on 18:58 - Feb 17 by LeonWasGod

I’m not sure he wants to play striker. However I think he had a tendency to drift into the space where McBurnie should have been. Far too many occasions where Olly was out wide or deep.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

George Byers on 19:05 - Feb 17 with 3241 viewsjasper_T

George Byers on 19:02 - Feb 17 by Gaz_M

Played nothing like a striker tbf. Look at his positional map when it becomes available and try again.

Ta. X

Looked like he was told to play there for long stretches to me, to accommodate McBurnie moving off onto the right hand side.

Byers is a Fer or Celina replacement, so we do look unbalanced with him, Bersant and Fulton on the pitch at the same time.
George Byers on 19:12 - Feb 17 with 3182 viewsBadlands

George Byers on 18:45 - Feb 17 by ItchySphincter

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

George Byers on 19:14 - Feb 17 with 3161 viewskrunchykarrot

Ta. X

I agree, just dont get what people are saying Gaz must be watching different game to me. Potter pushed him forward a little 2nd half to get at them.
George Byers on 19:16 - Feb 17 with 3137 viewsLeonWasGod

George Byers on 19:05 - Feb 17 by jasper_T

Looked like he was told to play there for long stretches to me, to accommodate McBurnie moving off onto the right hand side.

Byers is a Fer or Celina replacement, so we do look unbalanced with him, Bersant and Fulton on the pitch at the same time.

Yep. Celina was the first to swap with Ollie, but Byers kept pushing up alongside him. He’s not quite on the shoulder of the defender but he definitely prefers playing very advanced. He’s regularly the wrong side of his man when the oppo midfield pick up the ball, even in fairly deep positions. Not a criticism, just an observation.

Second half we had a front line of Dan Celina Ollie Byers Connor at one point! And often 4 of them in a line. Where we sat today I was looking right along it. Can’t acuse Potter of not going for it.
George Byers on 19:28 - Feb 17 with 3066 viewsLeonWasGod

Ta. X

Striker is a bit of an exaggeration, but very advanced. Moreso than you’d expect given the other midfielders on the pitch. For me it leaves us a bit open in the middle to counterattacks. Just my view based on what I saw today.
George Byers on 20:13 - Feb 17 with 2932 viewsexiledinenglandjack

Needs to decide if he’s going to be a lampard or a gerrard type of player, but had the qualities to do either role
George Byers on 20:13 - Feb 17 with 2928 viewsZaxx

Looks decent and can strike a ball which is a benefit for sure.
Agree with the poster that it's a struggle when he's paired with Fulton as they both lack a bit of pace and we get run ragged at times. Early days though, he's definitely progressing again after coming back from injury.
George Byers on 20:16 - Feb 17 with 2906 viewslifelong

He has a presence about him....I like him.
George Byers on 10:35 - Feb 18 with 2488 viewsJFSwan

I like his shoot on sight mentality
George Byers on 10:37 - Feb 18 with 2484 views34dfgdf54

I think at present he's a bit slow in possession, thinks he has more time than he has. That will come with getting experience at this level though.

The talent is undoubtedly there, just needs to be a bit quicker in mind, I think we'll see a big improvement ala Grimes next season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024