Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans to keep Academy One status 07:37 - Apr 11 with 6979 viewsNeathJack

For next season, at least.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47871021
Swans to keep Academy One status on 07:44 - Apr 11 with 5665 viewsnantywatcher

Thanks for posting a positive post before 8am NJ
Swans to keep Academy One status on 07:46 - Apr 11 with 5654 views34dfgdf54

Brilliant news to wake up too.

Does that mean all training grounds will be kept? There were rumours of I think Fairwood being sold off to some sort of health club?
[Post edited 11 Apr 2019 7:48]
Swans to keep Academy One status on 07:54 - Apr 11 with 5620 viewsTailGunner

Swans to keep Academy One status on 07:46 - Apr 11 by 34dfgdf54

Brilliant news to wake up too.

Does that mean all training grounds will be kept? There were rumours of I think Fairwood being sold off to some sort of health club?
[Post edited 11 Apr 2019 7:48]

Fairwood is on long term lease, belong to the Uni.
We own Landore.

Only for one year though, not sure if that's when we were tied to that length in Audit? Perhaps Jasper can confirm.

Tally's with what I was told - cat 3 in 18 months if no promotion

Still
Swans to keep Academy One status on 08:25 - Apr 11 with 5545 viewsVincent_Vega

Well that puts a spanner in the works of the pessimistic amongst us, for now...

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Swans to keep Academy One status on 08:32 - Apr 11 with 5529 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Looks like valleyboy was wrong again. Why does he just keep spreading these lies.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Swans to keep Academy One status on 08:33 - Apr 11 with 5527 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Good news indeed, with five or six first teamers coming through the ranks maybe the Hedge Fund guys can see this is a good thing to keep or to keep to sell on.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Swans to keep Academy One status on 09:15 - Apr 11 with 5429 viewslonglostjack

Swans to keep Academy One status on 08:32 - Apr 11 by felixstowe_jack

Looks like valleyboy was wrong again. Why does he just keep spreading these lies.

Envy

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Swans to keep Academy One status on 09:25 - Apr 11 with 5407 viewsjasper_T

Swans to keep Academy One status on 07:54 - Apr 11 by TailGunner

We own Landore.

Only for one year though, not sure if that's when we were tied to that length in Audit? Perhaps Jasper can confirm.

Still

I have a vague recollection of reading that it operated on audits every three years but changed to more regular, probably annual ones.

Good news. Another season of PL2 and international cup football for me to enjoy.
Login to get fewer ads

Swans to keep Academy One status on 11:01 - Apr 11 with 5248 viewsBlue_Blood

Swans to keep Academy One status on 07:54 - Apr 11 by TailGunner

We own Landore.

Still

It was interesting that the article says that there isn't much saving between Category 1 and 2.

I watched an interview the other day where the former academy manager Steve Weaver said that there is hardly any saving from downgrading from cat 2 to 3 because you get less in terms of grants etc. (See around about 46:30)

I think the best thing at present is stay cat 1 but try to cut back on spending whilst maintaining cat 1 and be a bit more prudent in terms of recruiting players from outside.

Having young players within the cat 1 program should help in terms of developing from the local area more.
Swans to keep Academy One status on 11:12 - Apr 11 with 5207 viewsTailGunner

Swans to keep Academy One status on 11:01 - Apr 11 by Blue_Blood

It was interesting that the article says that there isn't much saving between Category 1 and 2.

I watched an interview the other day where the former academy manager Steve Weaver said that there is hardly any saving from downgrading from cat 2 to 3 because you get less in terms of grants etc. (See around about 46:30)

I think the best thing at present is stay cat 1 but try to cut back on spending whilst maintaining cat 1 and be a bit more prudent in terms of recruiting players from outside.

Having young players within the cat 1 program should help in terms of developing from the local area more.

I believe you start at under 12 or above for cat 3, less coaches, less facilities needed (although ours are owned & paid for)

So I can see there being a big difference n running costs between 1 and 3
Swans to keep Academy One status on 11:14 - Apr 11 with 5205 viewsvalleyboy

All that’s happened is that they have move the cuts from the Academy to other parts of the club
Swans to keep Academy One status on 11:19 - Apr 11 with 5197 viewsBlue_Blood

Swans to keep Academy One status on 11:12 - Apr 11 by TailGunner

I believe you start at under 12 or above for cat 3, less coaches, less facilities needed (although ours are owned & paid for)

He mentions that there, but says you get more in terms of grants (I assume from the premier league)
Swans to keep Academy One status on 11:30 - Apr 11 with 5166 viewsjasper_T

Swans to keep Academy One status on 11:12 - Apr 11 by TailGunner

Category Three still includes required coaching hours for foundation phases (u5-u11). Category Four is the one that cuts out the junior levels.
Swans to keep Academy One status on 11:32 - Apr 11 with 5157 viewsswanforthemoney

Keep it open. Its our only realistic chance of making genuine progress. Should be kept open for as long as we are getting parachute payments.
Good for Wales too. Shame Welsh F A cant stick a few bob in there.
Since we built these facilities, I always said it would benefit Wales more than the Swans.

I stand in the North Stand

Swans to keep Academy One status on 11:44 - Apr 11 with 5118 viewsBlue_Blood

Swans to keep Academy One status on 11:32 - Apr 11 by swanforthemoney

Keep it open. Its our only realistic chance of making genuine progress. Should be kept open for as long as we are getting parachute payments.
Since we built these facilities, I always said it would benefit Wales more than the Swans.

The facts are, the current model for everyone bar the top 6 or 7 teams in the country is broken.

You look at teams like yourself and the other 2 relegated teams last season and even a club as big as Aston Villa, or clubs with the fan base of Sunderland or Newcastle. As soon as relegation hits the club is in immediate danger of going bust! That can't be a model that's good for the game in the long term.

Then on the the other side of it you have teams like Nottingham Forest, Derby (historically Cardiff under Ridsdale, Hamman etc spending way beyond their current means to achieve the "dream".

The way football seems to be going with the prudent owners is to look at a more sustainable, well thought out model than the recent win or bust mentality.

This takes more time but is based on first team players actually being coached to improve rather than seeing them as being in the first team so they must have reached their ceiling so if they are not an instant success then they're a failure.

The best chance of you reaping the rewards of that model is to have an category one academy in my opinion where players are given more time and influence in the ways your club wants them to act and play.
Swans to keep Academy One status on 12:02 - Apr 11 with 5070 viewshobo

It's got to be kept, and pays for itself in the long run
Swans to keep Academy One status on 12:20 - Apr 11 with 5036 viewsTailGunner

Swans to keep Academy One status on 11:30 - Apr 11 by jasper_T

Category Three still includes required coaching hours for foundation phases (u5-u11). Category Four is the one that cuts out the junior levels.

Thanks for that.
Running costs must be hugely reduced if they are acceptable to the likes of Bristol Rovers, Newport etc.
(No subject) (n/t) on 12:22 - Apr 11 with 5032 viewsBlue_Blood

Swans to keep Academy One status on 12:24 - Apr 11 with 5024 views34dfgdf54

Your point about the FAW is a good one and I was thinking exactly the same earlier. 40% of the side against Slovakia came through our academy, an Rodon could have also easilly slotted in if it wasn't for injury. It won't be good for Welsh Football it was to ever sink, especially with breakthroughs for players like Cabango, Evans also expected.

We won't get a penny though.
Swans to keep Academy One status on 12:40 - Apr 11 with 4986 viewsCaptain_Sham

I'm sure I read different on here, just the other day, from the one of the usual I.T.K. fk monkeys. Strangely that thread disappeared...

Its just a ride.

Swans to keep Academy One status on 12:41 - Apr 11 with 4985 viewsCooperman

Excellent news and a great opportunity for organic growth (re-growth). My assumption is that the Potter playing philosophy will be pushed down further through academy levels with a view to narrowing the gap in the steps up to first team level. The strong academy will also provide improved mental and physical skill sets. I'd take this any day of the week over the five hundred grand punts on the likes of McKay.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Swans to keep Academy One status on 12:47 - Apr 11 with 4966 viewsKGriz16

Swans to keep Academy One status on 12:40 - Apr 11 by Captain_Sham

I'm sure I read different on here, just the other day, from the one of the usual I.T.K. fk monkeys. Strangely that thread disappeared...

What will they make up next?

Terrific news. Well done the Swans.
Swans to keep Academy One status on 12:48 - Apr 11 with 4964 viewsNeath_Jack

It wasn't just VB, there were several threads started on the same subject, from people that they had "heard" from. With then the normal misery mongers flying in all guns blazing.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Swans to keep Academy One status on 13:08 - Apr 11 with 4921 viewsjasper_T

Swans to keep Academy One status on 12:41 - Apr 11 by Cooperman

Excellent news and a great opportunity for organic growth (re-growth). My assumption is that the Potter playing philosophy will be pushed down further through academy levels with a view to narrowing the gap in the steps up to first team level. The strong academy will also provide improved mental and physical skill sets. I'd take this any day of the week over the five hundred grand punts on the likes of McKay.

The playing philosophy of the academy sides has always matched what the first team is currently doing. Playing out from the back and attractive, fast-paced football on the break is nothing new to our young players.
Swans to keep Academy One status on 13:16 - Apr 11 with 4900 viewsKGriz16

Swans to keep Academy One status on 11:14 - Apr 11 by valleyboy

All that’s happened is that they have move the cuts from the Academy to other parts of the club

HAHAHAHA!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024