Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wi Fi Passswords 18:58 - May 19 with 1719 viewsJack123

If someone walks into your home and says " whats your wifi password" in the same way as asking for a glass of water, would you be happy giving it out, to not close family? What's the polite way to say NO?

libera nos a malo

Wi Fi Passswords on 19:14 - May 19 with 1658 viewsNeath_Jack

When you say ‘someone’, do you mean some random knocking your door? Because if someone is inside my house, they’re either carrying out a burglary, or I’ve invited them in. If it’s the latter then why wouldn’t I give them WiFi?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Wi Fi Passswords on 19:14 - May 19 with 1657 viewscostalotta

Set up a guest network o your router.
Wi Fi Passswords on 19:15 - May 19 with 1659 viewsCooperman

Changing your SSID to ‘Virus Infected’ will solve all of your problems.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Wi Fi Passswords on 19:34 - May 19 with 1604 viewsJack123

Thanks for the replies, I think I know what track to go on now..Most prob set up a guest password.

libera nos a malo

Wi Fi Passswords on 19:35 - May 19 with 1596 viewsAlberto_Swinglehurst

Wi Fi Passswords on 19:34 - May 19 by Jack123

Thanks for the replies, I think I know what track to go on now..Most prob set up a guest password.

What's the problem with them using it?
Wi Fi Passswords on 19:41 - May 19 with 1576 viewsJack123

Wi Fi Passswords on 19:14 - May 19 by Neath_Jack

When you say ‘someone’, do you mean some random knocking your door? Because if someone is inside my house, they’re either carrying out a burglary, or I’ve invited them in. If it’s the latter then why wouldn’t I give them WiFi?

It seems kind of dodgy, unless they are sitting in your house and want to download films and such, It seemed a strange request. Iv'e looked a little bit into this after my initial post on google and i think i was right, because unless you know the browsing history and exactly what they do on their phone, you could leave yourself wide open to hacking? At this current time, I'm thinking why on earth haven't they got mobile data? For under 7 quid a month I get nearly 2mbs and never run out.

libera nos a malo

Wi Fi Passswords on 19:43 - May 19 with 1566 viewsJack123

Wi Fi Passswords on 19:35 - May 19 by Alberto_Swinglehurst

What's the problem with them using it?

I find it cheeky, like I said unless it's close family, I'd rather not give it out, especially when they ask in the manner, as if it's nothing.

libera nos a malo

Wi Fi Passswords on 19:51 - May 19 with 1546 viewsphact0rri

If they are in my house, of course they can have my Wifi password. If a random stranger asks for my password, I introduce them to wireshark and tell them to give it a go.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Login to get fewer ads

Wi Fi Passswords on 19:52 - May 19 with 1538 viewsAlberto_Swinglehurst

Wi Fi Passswords on 19:43 - May 19 by Jack123

I find it cheeky, like I said unless it's close family, I'd rather not give it out, especially when they ask in the manner, as if it's nothing.

Were they dressed like this?

Wi Fi Passswords on 19:57 - May 19 with 1523 viewsJack123

Wi Fi Passswords on 19:52 - May 19 by Alberto_Swinglehurst

Were they dressed like this?

Yes, but grey trousers not black.

libera nos a malo

Wi Fi Passswords on 20:00 - May 19 with 1512 viewsMrSwerve

Wi Fi Passswords on 19:43 - May 19 by Jack123

Do you have a download limit? If not...what’s the problem?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Wi Fi Passswords on 20:02 - May 19 with 1501 viewsAlberto_Swinglehurst

Wi Fi Passswords on 19:57 - May 19 by Jack123

Yes, but grey trousers not black.

Then you were right to be suspicious.
Wi Fi Passswords on 20:10 - May 19 with 1483 viewsJack123

Wi Fi Passswords on 20:00 - May 19 by MrSwerve

Do you have a download limit? If not...what’s the problem?

I guess there is no problem, I think because it's a password, maybe it's just me, I always think a password is a password for a reason.

libera nos a malo

Wi Fi Passswords on 21:04 - May 19 with 1386 viewsTom1912

Who are you letting into your house that you dont trust with using your WiFi?
Wi Fi Passswords on 21:30 - May 19 with 1322 viewsJack123

Wi Fi Passswords on 21:04 - May 19 by Tom1912

Who are you letting into your house that you dont trust with using your WiFi?

Just don't like giving passwords out. No bad guys, or girls, I was asking what's the polite way to say No, when someone takes for granted using your wifi, ok i don't like this person, was hoping for a legitimate excuse, rather than being rude to them.

libera nos a malo

Wi Fi Passswords on 21:31 - May 19 with 1314 viewsjack2jack

If someone comes over to the house and had got their face stuck in their mobile all night, I chuck the fvcker out.
If they wanted to use it for a couple of minutes, not a problem.
Wi Fi Passswords on 21:36 - May 19 with 1305 viewsMrSwerve

Wi Fi Passswords on 20:10 - May 19 by Jack123

I guess there is no problem, I think because it's a password, maybe it's just me, I always think a password is a password for a reason.

Do you have a personal password for the WiFi that is similar to online banking etc? If it’s just the password on the router that you were given, then there should be no problem really. Could understand if it was the former though.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Wi Fi Passswords on 21:41 - May 19 with 1291 viewsJack123

Wi Fi Passswords on 21:31 - May 19 by jack2jack

If someone comes over to the house and had got their face stuck in their mobile all night, I chuck the fvcker out.
If they wanted to use it for a couple of minutes, not a problem.

It's the wife's relative, no friend of mine! perhaps i have knocked them back harshly? I think it's just the way they said, " what's your wifi code"? After further info why they needed it, I feel slightly guilty now, but no regrets, it was a bit too much like can i have a glass of tap water?, rather than can I have access to your broadband,

libera nos a malo

Wi Fi Passswords on 21:55 - May 19 with 1262 viewsJack123

Wi Fi Passswords on 21:36 - May 19 by MrSwerve

Do you have a personal password for the WiFi that is similar to online banking etc? If it’s just the password on the router that you were given, then there should be no problem really. Could understand if it was the former though.

Fair enough, I will give it out next time.. It's a one off, took me by surprise, " what's your password"? At the time, I was like, I'm not costa coffee or mcdonalds.

libera nos a malo

Wi Fi Passswords on 22:00 - May 19 with 1244 viewsSwanDownUnder

Wi Fi Passswords on 19:14 - May 19 by Neath_Jack

Haha
Wi Fi Passswords on 00:26 - May 20 with 1129 viewsJack123

So what is the polite way to say no? How do you deal with them? Think i will set up guest on router/hub for this scenario in future, I'm not costa coffee free ferking WiFi ;(
[Post edited 20 May 2019 0:31]

libera nos a malo

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024