Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Optimistic Thread 19:55 - May 18 with 3796 viewsExiledJack

For all you glass half full types.

I’ll kick things off...we’re a Dan James sale away from clearing this year’s reputed £30m “black hole”.
The Optimistic Thread on 19:56 - May 18 with 3112 viewsforkbeard

Nordfeldt might not end up being used.
The Optimistic Thread on 20:04 - May 18 with 3066 viewsDJack

The Optimistic Thread on 19:56 - May 18 by forkbeard

Nordfeldt might not end up being used.

Personally, I was hoping to see him being used...

As a bog brush.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Optimistic Thread on 20:11 - May 18 with 3035 viewsdobjack2

It’s stopped raining
The Optimistic Thread on 20:14 - May 18 with 3015 viewsThrasher6

My dog is still looking at me loyally.....

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

The Optimistic Thread on 20:16 - May 18 with 3005 viewspontyjack

The Optimistic Thread on 20:14 - May 18 by Thrasher6

My dog is still looking at me loyally.....

Loyalty’s dead, live for rewards instead

Courtesy of Graham Potter -sorry, Paddy Power
The Optimistic Thread on 20:32 - May 18 with 2912 viewslifelong

Finding it difficult to be optimistic.

After shipping out 16 players last season the club needed someone to provide some sort of stability, Potter has done that and guided us to a reasonable position in the Chapionship.

Now he’s gone and, undoubtedly, some of our better players to follow, it will be surprising if we stay up next season.
The Optimistic Thread on 20:35 - May 18 with 2898 viewsjasper_T

The Optimistic Thread on 20:32 - May 18 by lifelong

After shipping out 16 players last season the club needed someone to provide some sort of stability, Potter has done that and guided us to a reasonable position in the Chapionship.

Now he’s gone and, undoubtedly, some of our better players to follow, it will be surprising if we stay up next season.

Most of the division will be selling "some of their better players". Almost every club is making an operational loss, a good few have the FFP men banging on the door.

Sales have already started with Bristol losing Lloyd Kelly for a princely fee.
The Optimistic Thread on 20:44 - May 18 with 2854 viewsExiledJack

You make a very good point, and the Championship was so tight this season that it’s easy to see the thin margins between relegation and playoffs.

But let’s look upwards instead...any additional sales beyond James would likely make transfer funds available to reshape our team. Yes Potter might come in for Grimes, but Brighton are big spenders, we could use that money to buy 3 players.

There is nothing to fear in the Championship, a couple of shrewd additions and we should be targeting the playoffs at least.
Login to get fewer ads

The Optimistic Thread on 20:50 - May 18 with 2794 viewsFireboy2

The Optimistic Thread on 20:35 - May 18 by jasper_T

Most of the division will be selling "some of their better players". Almost every club is making an operational loss, a good few have the FFP men banging on the door.

Sales have already started with Bristol losing Lloyd Kelly for a princely fee.

They might but we wont have many decent players left after the best players have gone.

The pessimistic sadist in me wants us to get relegated and then the fvcking scum sucking w@nker yanks sell up and FVCK RIGHT OFF.
The Optimistic Thread on 20:57 - May 18 with 2765 viewsplasjack

Potter has inherited a group of youngsters who would have performed for any manager, good riddance to too another jump the ship manager, hope they get relegated with less points than Derby.
The Optimistic Thread on 21:03 - May 18 with 2721 viewsExiledJack

The Optimistic Thread on 20:50 - May 18 by Fireboy2

They might but we wont have many decent players left after the best players have gone.

The pessimistic sadist in me wants us to get relegated and then the fvcking scum sucking w@nker yanks sell up and FVCK RIGHT OFF.

Hear hear! Would take almost any deal that involves the owners leaving, and in the spirit of optimism that day draws ever nearer.

Mulder, VdH, Rodon, Naughton, Roberts, John, Grimes, Byers, Fulton, Carrol, James, Dyer, Montero, Celina, McBurnie, JAyew, AAyew, Baston.

There aren’t many Championship teams that can compete with that list of players. Yes we will sell, but the next sale should clear our deficit. Any further sales can fund purchases to fill the gaps we need :)
The Optimistic Thread on 21:04 - May 18 with 2694 views34dfgdf54

The Optimistic Thread on 20:57 - May 18 by plasjack

Potter has inherited a group of youngsters who would have performed for any manager, good riddance to too another jump the ship manager, hope they get relegated with less points than Derby.

Proof will be in the pudding next season.
The Optimistic Thread on 21:06 - May 18 with 2687 views34dfgdf54

The Optimistic Thread on 21:03 - May 18 by ExiledJack

Hear hear! Would take almost any deal that involves the owners leaving, and in the spirit of optimism that day draws ever nearer.

Mulder, VdH, Rodon, Naughton, Roberts, John, Grimes, Byers, Fulton, Carrol, James, Dyer, Montero, Celina, McBurnie, JAyew, AAyew, Baston.

There aren’t many Championship teams that can compete with that list of players. Yes we will sell, but the next sale should clear our deficit. Any further sales can fund purchases to fill the gaps we need :)

I admire you trying to be optimistic but including a squad which includes the Ayew brothers, Montero and Baston is delusional.

Dyer has been released aswell hasn’t he?
The Optimistic Thread on 21:14 - May 18 with 2640 viewsFireboy2

The Optimistic Thread on 21:06 - May 18 by 34dfgdf54

I admire you trying to be optimistic but including a squad which includes the Ayew brothers, Montero and Baston is delusional.

No dyer is still with us
The Optimistic Thread on 21:14 - May 18 with 2649 viewsExiledJack

The Optimistic Thread on 21:06 - May 18 by 34dfgdf54

Dyer is on the retained list, not sure how many years left on his contract.

I’m with you that it’s unlikely we’ll see them in a Swansea shirt again, but they are assets. Sell them and we free up wages and bring funds in. If not they can play and do damage at this level.

Potter took a shine to Montero, would not be surprised to see Brighton come in for him.
The Optimistic Thread on 21:22 - May 18 with 2619 viewsjasper_T

The Optimistic Thread on 21:14 - May 18 by ExiledJack

I’m with you that it’s unlikely we’ll see them in a Swansea shirt again, but they are assets. Sell them and we free up wages and bring funds in. If not they can play and do damage at this level.

Potter took a shine to Montero, would not be surprised to see Brighton come in for him.

1 more year for Nath.
The Optimistic Thread on 21:33 - May 18 with 2552 viewsswan65split

Cant see anything to optimistic about ATM for him to leave us to go to a struggling Prem side, where its been said by some Yank loving posters in the past , that certain teams have a limited life span in the Prem.

doesnt say a lot for the assurances he got , or the stabilizing of a ship needing repairs .
The Optimistic Thread on 21:35 - May 18 with 2538 viewsSwanjaxs

The Optimistic Thread on 20:16 - May 18 by pontyjack

Loyalty’s dead, live for rewards instead

Courtesy of Graham Potter -sorry, Paddy Power

If you crave loyalty get a dog 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

The Optimistic Thread on 21:42 - May 18 with 2504 viewsFireboy2

The Optimistic Thread on 21:35 - May 18 by Swanjaxs

If you crave loyalty get a dog 👍

The only living thing that is.

My cockapoo is the only one in my gaff that gets exited when i get home.

Btw im not optimistic for next season at all
The Optimistic Thread on 21:47 - May 18 with 2500 viewsGaryjack

If the Ayew's are playing here next season, they will certainly do some damage. Unfortunately it'll be to us! Jordan did fvck all for Villa when they went down, and his mercenary brother has an even worse work ethic.
The Optimistic Thread on 21:47 - May 18 with 2500 viewsdobjack2

Easy to say sell them, what mugs will give them the same wages? Why go somewhere else for less when they can get still get the wonga from us.

Bad signings- mercenaries that are bleeding the club dry because they were paid far more than they were worth. However if You weren’t a fan would you do the same?

They won’t put any effort in at this level if we bring them back there is form for this. All they will do is disrupt the dressing room.
The Optimistic Thread on 21:58 - May 18 with 2447 viewsExiledJack

There seem to be more pessimistic posters than optimistic posters on the optimistic thread...I’m sure there’s a positive to be found in there somewhere...
The Optimistic Thread on 22:04 - May 18 with 2419 viewsCaptain_Sham

One positive is I now have a team to hate in the Prem. Keeps it interesting. I hope they break records in getting relegated.

Its just a ride.

The Optimistic Thread on 22:06 - May 18 with 2393 viewsSwanjaxs

The Optimistic Thread on 21:58 - May 18 by ExiledJack

There seem to be more pessimistic posters than optimistic posters on the optimistic thread...I’m sure there’s a positive to be found in there somewhere...

My Indian takeaway just arrived and they put complementary poppadoms in! Free of charge 🤜💥🐷

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

The Optimistic Thread on 22:07 - May 18 with 2392 viewsRuDeMan1970

I'm very optimistic that my predictions for the club we all love will come true:-
Relegation to League 1 a year from now.
The Yanks being still here until the last parachute payment's been delivered.

Though I do believe neither Coleman nor Pulis will be our next manager, thankfully. There, that's about as positive as i can be..

..."who will guard the guards..?"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024