Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Byers 11:03 - Jul 9 with 4995 viewsPorthcawlswan

New three year deal 👌
Byers on 11:04 - Jul 9 with 3862 viewsFireboy2

Nice one, keep up the good work george.
Byers on 11:19 - Jul 9 with 3797 views34dfgdf54

Brilliant news.
Byers on 11:53 - Jul 9 with 3739 viewsAl_Bundy

Will keep is value up when we sell him.
Byers on 12:29 - Jul 9 with 3658 viewsdulaisvalleyjack

Byers on 11:53 - Jul 9 by Al_Bundy

Will keep is value up when we sell him.

just bloody typical as soon as some positive news on this forum mr doom and gloom has got to throw in some thing negative no pleasing some swans fans
Byers on 12:50 - Jul 9 with 3599 viewsNeath_Jack

Just wait until he under performs and people will be screaming why did we give him such a long contract.

F*cking yanks etc, etc.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Byers on 14:41 - Jul 9 with 3392 viewsjack247

Byers on 12:50 - Jul 9 by Neath_Jack

Just wait until he under performs and people will be screaming why did we give him such a long contract.

F*cking yanks etc, etc.

There will always be some who criticise everything they do, just as there will always be some with tongues up their arses regardless.

Giving a young player, who has recently broken into the first team, a 3 year contract is a positive move. Even if it doesn’t work out, it will be hard to criticise them for this. It’s not like giving Andre Ayew a long contract.
Byers on 14:55 - Jul 9 with 3362 viewsdulaisvalleyjack

Byers on 14:41 - Jul 9 by jack247

There will always be some who criticise everything they do, just as there will always be some with tongues up their arses regardless.

Giving a young player, who has recently broken into the first team, a 3 year contract is a positive move. Even if it doesn’t work out, it will be hard to criticise them for this. It’s not like giving Andre Ayew a long contract.

well said
Byers on 15:02 - Jul 9 with 3339 viewsjasper_T

If it doesn't work out people will be asking why we gave an improved three year contract to a player with two years left to run on his current one.
Login to get fewer ads

Byers on 15:44 - Jul 9 with 3271 viewsjack247

Byers on 15:02 - Jul 9 by jasper_T

If it doesn't work out people will be asking why we gave an improved three year contract to a player with two years left to run on his current one.

As I said, there will always be some that criticise regardless. On the face of it, he is moving from a development squad to first team squad contract on what are unlikely to be massive wages. It looks ok at the moment and it’s going to be difficult for anyone rational to argue about hindsight.
Byers on 16:03 - Jul 9 with 3234 viewsjasper_T

Byers on 15:44 - Jul 9 by jack247

As I said, there will always be some that criticise regardless. On the face of it, he is moving from a development squad to first team squad contract on what are unlikely to be massive wages. It looks ok at the moment and it’s going to be difficult for anyone rational to argue about hindsight.

I don't think he was on standard development player wages given he signed his last contract at the beginning of last summer, and at his age would have been off had he not been considered a first team-ish player (I'm pretty certain he'd have chosen to leave on a free had we not been relegated, deserved chances were slow coming even in the cup games).

But still certainly a decent payrise for an extra year. I've (almost) always sung his praises on here so I'm not complaining. He'll score goals next season if given a bit more licence to get forward. Might have a battle on to lock down that deeper position.
Byers on 16:43 - Jul 9 with 3150 viewsangryjack

I disagree giving young players 3 year contracts rather give them 2 keep them hungry to perform for the next one
Byers on 16:48 - Jul 9 with 3137 viewsjack247

Byers on 16:43 - Jul 9 by angryjack

I disagree giving young players 3 year contracts rather give them 2 keep them hungry to perform for the next one

Great as long as they don’t develop faster than expected and run their contracts down. Like Dan James could have.
Byers on 16:50 - Jul 9 with 3137 viewsJinxy

Well done George, and Uncle Trev. Keep it up eh.
Byers on 17:24 - Jul 9 with 3072 viewsAl_Bundy

Byers on 12:29 - Jul 9 by dulaisvalleyjack

just bloody typical as soon as some positive news on this forum mr doom and gloom has got to throw in some thing negative no pleasing some swans fans

Well the reality of our situation will keep on unfolding whether you like it or not.
Byers on 17:26 - Jul 9 with 3069 viewsAl_Bundy

Byers on 15:44 - Jul 9 by jack247

Nobody is questioning whether Byers deserves it.. he probably does
Byers on 17:38 - Jul 9 with 3037 viewsTreforys_Jack

Got to be honest, I'm not a fan and think we could do better, however more than happy to have this bumped when he proves me wrong.
Byers on 17:51 - Jul 9 with 3006 viewsAl_Bundy

Byers on 17:38 - Jul 9 by Treforys_Jack

Got to be honest, I'm not a fan and think we could do better, however more than happy to have this bumped when he proves me wrong.

Think he is good enough just needs some more mobility to his game to shine in the Championship
Byers on 18:51 - Jul 9 with 2929 viewsNeath_Jack

Some? More like the majority on here.

I can't say i could name any poster on here that has their tongues up their arses though? Possibly Badlands?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Byers on 19:04 - Jul 9 with 2902 viewsMrSwerve

Byers on 18:51 - Jul 9 by Neath_Jack

I can't say i could name any poster on here that has their tongues up their arses though? Possibly Badlands?

No one has really. There’s a difference between being realistic and being hysterical.

I’m no fan of the Americans but the constant moaning whenever they do anything, be it positive or negative, is starting to get laughable.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Byers on 20:40 - Jul 9 with 2830 viewsjack247

Byers on 18:51 - Jul 9 by Neath_Jack

I wouldn’t agree with that.

The majority on here aren’t too keen on them in general, with very good reason. They’ve been a bit of a disappointment to say the least.

That’s not the same as criticising everything they do. Giving Byers a new contract looks a good decision to me and seemingly to most contributors to this thread.
Byers on 20:43 - Jul 9 with 2820 viewsDippy

Byers on 17:38 - Jul 9 by Treforys_Jack

In all fairness.. he does play out of position when selected.. he plays further forward for the u23s

Poll: Cooper Out

Byers on 20:45 - Jul 9 with 2817 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Byers on 20:40 - Jul 9 by jack247

The majority on here aren’t too keen on them in general, with very good reason. They’ve been a bit of a disappointment to say the least.

That’s not the same as criticising everything they do. Giving Byers a new contract looks a good decision to me and seemingly to most contributors to this thread.

They were idiots for thinking Huw was God’s gift to football transfers but they’ve done a great thing in getting Birch on board. You can’t change yesterday but you can change tomorrow. Time to give them all (Cooper included) a bit of slack.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Byers on 20:47 - Jul 9 with 2811 viewsjack247

Byers on 17:26 - Jul 9 by Al_Bundy

Nobody is questioning whether Byers deserves it.. he probably does

I know. The implication is that if for whatever reason it doesn’t work out, people will criticise them for giving him an extension and a pay rise.

I’m just stating that in that scenario, people won’t really have the right to moan, unless they disagree with it now, which I doubt many do. I’m pretty confident he will do well and that will all be hypothetical anyway.
Byers on 20:50 - Jul 9 with 2801 viewsNeath_Jack

Byers on 20:40 - Jul 9 by jack247

A disappointment in what way? What do you think they can realistically do better?

There's plenty on here that criticise them and the club for everything they do, and you are only kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

Byers on 21:14 - Jul 9 with 2758 viewsjack247

Byers on 20:50 - Jul 9 by Neath_Jack

A disappointment in what way? What do you think they can realistically do better?

There's plenty on here that criticise them and the club for everything they do, and you are only kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

A disappointment in that they have taken us to the financial brink and already resorted to selling off the silver to fund the wages of players we could barely afford in the Premier League.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024