Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wild Turtles 22:43 - Jul 25 with 1827 viewsBLAZE

I couldn't believe my eyes earlier, there was a dinner plate sized turtle just kicked back and chilling in Clydach canal today. According to a local he's been around for a few years now

All well and good on the hottest day ever, but can you imagine the poor fücker in January?

I had no idea they could survive wild in the UK. Fascinating, eh?
Wild Turtles on 22:45 - Jul 25 with 1813 viewsDarran

There’s loads been living in Briton Ferry canal for years they’re terrapins that (they say) people got fed up of when their kids grew out of the teenage mutant turtles.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Wild Turtles on 22:47 - Jul 25 with 1802 viewsBLAZE

Ye I just read they're considered a pest as they're not native. Good luck to them I say
Wild Turtles on 22:48 - Jul 25 with 1788 viewsDarran

Wild Turtles on 22:47 - Jul 25 by BLAZE

Ye I just read they're considered a pest as they're not native. Good luck to them I say

Absolutely,good for them.

Wild Turtles on 22:53 - Jul 25 with 1782 viewsDarran

There’s four on a plank here down the Ferry canal.

Wild Turtles on 22:59 - Jul 25 with 1771 viewsBLAZE

My old man has a couple of tortoises (one is a vicious bastard). Whenever I've seen turtles though they've needed heated tanks so I assumed they wouldn't survive winter

I feel like I learned something today 🐢🤘
Wild Turtles on 23:02 - Jul 25 with 1761 viewsHighjack

Wild Turtles on 22:59 - Jul 25 by BLAZE

My old man has a couple of tortoises (one is a vicious bastard). Whenever I've seen turtles though they've needed heated tanks so I assumed they wouldn't survive winter

I feel like I learned something today 🐢🤘

Turtles are tough little bastards. Very adaptable, which is why they’ve been around for so long.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Wild Turtles on 23:11 - Jul 25 with 1750 viewsDJack

Surprised that no focker has tried to put it in a stew.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Wild Turtles on 10:25 - Jul 26 with 1544 viewsKGriz16

Wild Turtles on 22:53 - Jul 25 by Darran

There’s four on a plank here down the Ferry canal.

is that genuine? My toddler loves turtles
Login to get fewer ads

Wild Turtles on 10:31 - Jul 26 with 1536 viewsjack_lord

Whereabouts in Clydach? Guessing down the bottom near the Vardre rugby club as one of my mates mentioned the same a couple of weeks ago. That got in to a conversation that terrapins and turtles are the same thing.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Wild Turtles on 10:33 - Jul 26 with 1532 viewsHighjack

Wild Turtles on 10:31 - Jul 26 by jack_lord

Whereabouts in Clydach? Guessing down the bottom near the Vardre rugby club as one of my mates mentioned the same a couple of weeks ago. That got in to a conversation that terrapins and turtles are the same thing.

Yeah terrapins are turtles and turtles are terrapins and also tortoises are turtles as well as terrapins.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Wild Turtles on 10:35 - Jul 26 with 1527 viewsjack_lord

Wild Turtles on 10:33 - Jul 26 by Highjack

Yeah terrapins are turtles and turtles are terrapins and also tortoises are turtles as well as terrapins.

That was pretty much how the conversation went (googled it to make sure it wasn't made up as well)

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Wild Turtles on 13:02 - Jul 26 with 1453 viewsBLAZE

Wild Turtles on 10:31 - Jul 26 by jack_lord

Yep, exactly there
Wild Turtles on 13:14 - Jul 26 with 1435 viewsBLAZE

Wild Turtles on 10:33 - Jul 26 by Highjack

I must admit, I always assumed turtles were water based and tortoises were land based. According to the interweb though it depends where in the world you are as the definitions vary, particularly across Europe

One of our tortoises is getting on a bit now... He vagually remembers Cardiff City's last major trophy win
[Post edited 26 Jul 2019 13:20]
Wild Turtles on 13:29 - Jul 26 with 1412 viewsDarran

Wild Turtles on 10:25 - Jul 26 by KGriz16

is that genuine? My toddler loves turtles

100% genuine.

Wild Turtles on 13:37 - Jul 26 with 1407 viewsHighjack

Wild Turtles on 13:14 - Jul 26 by BLAZE

I must admit, I always assumed turtles were water based and tortoises were land based. According to the interweb though it depends where in the world you are as the definitions vary, particularly across Europe

One of our tortoises is getting on a bit now... He vagually remembers Cardiff City's last major trophy win
[Post edited 26 Jul 2019 13:20]

All tortoises are turtles. Not all turtles are tortoises.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024