Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Legal action 19:45 - Aug 31 with 6419 viewscwmdonkinjack

Whilst on and off the field matters are separate to some extent, do we really want to drag the club through the courts and create the impression of disharmony. Sometimes in life you just have to take things on the chin and move on. I see the only winners of this action to be the lawyers and a media who would be more than delighted to stick the knife in. Let’s keep the positivity of a great start to the season and build on the momentum of our new management and eager squad involving many products of the investment in our academy. Several key decisions including the appointments of chairman, manager and transfer team are looking spot on and we have managed to move on some of the right players and get decent value for others we would have wanted to keep. C’mon you Whites!
Legal action on 19:48 - Aug 31 with 4277 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Just need the owners to buy the trust's shares at the same price as they did to the other shares they bought.

Problem solved.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Legal action on 19:51 - Aug 31 with 4223 viewsHighjack

Hi jase!

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Legal action on 19:51 - Aug 31 with 4228 viewsDarran

Yes we do.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Legal action on 19:53 - Aug 31 with 4219 viewsplasjack

Disharmony was caused by the owners not the Trust.
Legal action on 19:53 - Aug 31 with 4209 viewsjacks777

The trust is run by a bunch of egotistical idiots these days.
They have no plan ‘B’.
Legal action on 19:55 - Aug 31 with 4205 views3swan

So what you're saying is that, a decision that wasn't taken lightly, should be ignored as the team is doing well.

I agree things are looking positive, what happens if we go on a bad run will your thoughts change?

The issue has to be faced and not brushed under the carpet as I'm sure I've read there is a time limit for any legal action to be taken
Legal action on 19:57 - Aug 31 with 4175 views3swan

Legal action on 19:53 - Aug 31 by jacks777

The trust is run by a bunch of egotistical idiots these days.
They have no plan ‘B’.

How can you have a plan B when the current and ex owners would not take part in any discussions
Legal action on 20:01 - Aug 31 with 4147 viewsGaryjack

Legal action on 19:48 - Aug 31 by felixstowe_jack

Just need the owners to buy the trust's shares at the same price as they did to the other shares they bought.

Problem solved.

Great post. The Swansea City Supporters Trust are an essential part of our football club through good times and bad. Justice should be served whether we are top of the Prem, or bottom of League 2. It makes no difference.
Login to get fewer ads

Legal action on 20:32 - Aug 31 with 4037 viewsswancity

Any impending legal action will have absolutely no affect or bearing on current team affairs.

Whether things can be settled before any Court hearing is another matter but the Trust have been badly treated by those who were supposed to be working alongside them which is despicable in the extreme and those involved must now face the music. It will not be pleasant undoubtedly but the Trust have worked hard to fight for what is theirs and there's no going back now...

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Legal action on 20:33 - Aug 31 with 4033 viewscwmdonkinjack

I’m not arguing about the reasons for legal action, that have been widely aired, I’m pointing out the reality of how long it might take, what it could cost and the unpredictable outcome and fallout. Whilst the current owners have been rightly criticised for many bad decisions and for their motives, the club, at least from the outside, appears to me to be run on a more sound footing than it was 2-3 years ago.
Legal action on 20:34 - Aug 31 with 4020 viewsswancity

Legal action on 20:33 - Aug 31 by cwmdonkinjack

I’m not arguing about the reasons for legal action, that have been widely aired, I’m pointing out the reality of how long it might take, what it could cost and the unpredictable outcome and fallout. Whilst the current owners have been rightly criticised for many bad decisions and for their motives, the club, at least from the outside, appears to me to be run on a more sound footing than it was 2-3 years ago.

It is but that's irrelevant.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Legal action on 20:44 - Aug 31 with 3985 viewscwmdonkinjack

Legal action on 20:34 - Aug 31 by swancity

It is but that's irrelevant.

But my point may not be if the outcome goes against The Trust
Legal action on 20:47 - Aug 31 with 3962 viewsGaryjack

Legal action on 20:33 - Aug 31 by cwmdonkinjack

So you think the Trust should just stand aside and be a non entity because the club and team are doing 'ok' at the moment? I'm sorry pal, this is about the long term future of our club, not winning at Leeds and going top of the league after 6 games!
Legal action on 20:55 - Aug 31 with 3924 viewsplasjack

Legal action on 20:44 - Aug 31 by cwmdonkinjack

But my point may not be if the outcome goes against The Trust

Join the Trust and you might have an opposite opinion.
Legal action on 20:56 - Aug 31 with 3920 viewsAlgorfajack

Legal action on 20:47 - Aug 31 by Garyjack

So you think the Trust should just stand aside and be a non entity because the club and team are doing 'ok' at the moment? I'm sorry pal, this is about the long term future of our club, not winning at Leeds and going top of the league after 6 games!

Gary, you always make so much sense mate, Bravo 👏

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

Legal action on 21:08 - Aug 31 with 3888 viewscwmdonkinjack

Legal action on 20:55 - Aug 31 by plasjack

Join the Trust and you might have an opposite opinion.

Been a member since its inception
Legal action on 21:12 - Aug 31 with 3875 viewsraynor94

Legal action on 21:08 - Aug 31 by cwmdonkinjack

Been a member since its inception

Well, grow some backbone and back them

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Legal action on 21:16 - Aug 31 with 3861 viewsmonmouth

It's a fair point to raise for discussion but, in my view, it has no merit.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Legal action on 21:17 - Aug 31 with 3855 viewsGaryjack

Legal action on 20:56 - Aug 31 by Algorfajack

Gary, you always make so much sense mate, Bravo 👏

I haven't always been this way, You should have been here 15 years ago, you would have hated me!
Legal action on 21:21 - Aug 31 with 3835 viewscwmdonkinjack

Legal action on 21:12 - Aug 31 by raynor94

Well, grow some backbone and back them

Backbone is one thing and weighing up the possible outcomes is another. I accept the majority vote but it doesn’t mean that it will be right.
Legal action on 21:21 - Aug 31 with 3833 viewsAlgorfajack

Legal action on 21:17 - Aug 31 by Garyjack

I haven't always been this way, You should have been here 15 years ago, you would have hated me!

Age changes us all buddy 😂 😂

Prediction league winner 2016-2017 aka llanedeyrnjack

Legal action on 21:23 - Aug 31 with 3816 viewsperchrockjack

I would hate to see action that deflecs us from what should eb our goal of getting back to the top level.

I am not interested in old spats nor how much money some made.

It is simply my opinion Gary

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Legal action on 22:06 - Aug 31 with 3721 viewsmajorraglan

If the club goes back to the PL I can see the new owners settling the legal action PDQ and looking to cash in.
Legal action on 22:07 - Aug 31 with 3716 viewswaynekerr55

When is the next update scheduled?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Legal action on 22:32 - Aug 31 with 3638 viewsNortbankboy

Legal action on 20:32 - Aug 31 by swancity

Any impending legal action will have absolutely no affect or bearing on current team affairs.

Whether things can be settled before any Court hearing is another matter but the Trust have been badly treated by those who were supposed to be working alongside them which is despicable in the extreme and those involved must now face the music. It will not be pleasant undoubtedly but the Trust have worked hard to fight for what is theirs and there's no going back now...

Yes now is the time to attack the club .
Baston and Ayew are playing well if they sell them plus Roden .
They could buy the trust out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024