Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tesco parking tickets 09:05 - Aug 16 with 3506 viewsowainglyndwr

Has anyone had these and what did yiu do ?
I have had 2 through the post the first which asked for £20 to be paid within 14 days and the second for £70.
There was no way I could pay the first has I have been away from home for a month and only just opened these letters .
Tesco parking tickets on 09:12 - Aug 16 with 1747 viewsHighjack

Shop somewhere else instead.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Tesco parking tickets on 09:15 - Aug 16 with 1735 viewsMrSwerve

Undoubtedly there will follow posts saying either ‘pay up or you’ll end up in court’ or ‘ignore it, they can’t touch you’.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Tesco parking tickets on 09:26 - Aug 16 with 1707 viewsCountyJim

Tesco's in Malpas have cameras run by a outside firm if you don't park in a bay you get a ticket via the post

Trouble is there is very rarely a space between 5-7 so people park where they can and get caught

The signs originally where so small to warn people they had fines overturned
Tesco parking tickets on 09:27 - Aug 16 with 1700 viewsHighjack

You should pay up or you’ll end up in court. Or you can ignore it because they can’t touch you.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Tesco parking tickets on 09:31 - Aug 16 with 1691 viewsVincent_Vega

If you pay you'll end up in court where they'll touch you, or something

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Tesco parking tickets on 09:33 - Aug 16 with 1682 viewsbluey_the_blue

Get them to touch you then they end up in court for assault and you can get compensation. Or something.
Tesco parking tickets on 09:43 - Aug 16 with 1661 viewscontroversial_jack

Like most things in life you take a chance.if you challenge it and make a fuss, they can see you aren't an easy touch and it won't be worth their time and effort to take it further except send threatening letters. To go to court they have to go through the correct procedure and that would mean you have to go to county court which is a civil affair and not criminal.

The best method is not to give them the chance to ticket you.The parking enforcement would go out of business if everyone used their head and didn't give these criminals the opportunity to make money from decent ppl
Tesco parking tickets on 11:55 - Aug 16 with 1526 viewsVetchfielder

If I didn't follow their rules in whatever way and believed that I did actually deserve a fine then personally I would pay it. It happened to me once and I did pay.

On the other hand, if I'd been unjustly fined then I wouldn't pay it and see what happens.

Proud to have been one of the 231

Login to get fewer ads

Tesco parking tickets on 11:56 - Aug 16 with 1522 viewstheloneranger

This is really detailed and helpful.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=75599377&highlight=newbie+

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

Good luck

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Tesco parking tickets on 12:18 - Aug 16 with 1484 viewsraynor94

Tesco parking tickets on 11:55 - Aug 16 by Vetchfielder

If I didn't follow their rules in whatever way and believed that I did actually deserve a fine then personally I would pay it. It happened to me once and I did pay.

On the other hand, if I'd been unjustly fined then I wouldn't pay it and see what happens.

100% agree, people need to understand what they are doing, all the big supermarkets couldn't be clearer with their rules

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Tesco parking tickets on 12:31 - Aug 16 with 1468 viewsHighjack

Tesco parking tickets on 12:18 - Aug 16 by raynor94

100% agree, people need to understand what they are doing, all the big supermarkets couldn't be clearer with their rules

It’s not the supermarkets. It’s the predatory private companies they employ that only have the goal of making as much profit as possible so any appeal is thrown out even if you’re not in the wrong. Luckily for them most people just panic and hand over the cash no questions asked so it’s an easy win for them and they make millions and don’t need to bother taking the odd few to court.

Tesco parking tickets on 12:48 - Aug 16 with 1438 viewsraynor94

Tesco parking tickets on 12:31 - Aug 16 by Highjack

It’s not the supermarkets. It’s the predatory private companies they employ that only have the goal of making as much profit as possible so any appeal is thrown out even if you’re not in the wrong. Luckily for them most people just panic and hand over the cash no questions asked so it’s an easy win for them and they make millions and don’t need to bother taking the odd few to court.

Just don't give them the chance to issue a ticket

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Tesco parking tickets on 13:16 - Aug 16 with 1401 viewsjack247

You’ll probably get away with ignoring it. The companies that run these parking fine schemes can take it further, which could cost a lot more than £70, but they rarely bother, they just rely on people paying up after the first few letters.

Having said that, they probably gave you 2 hours free parking, if we’re talking about the Marina one, right in the centre of town. It was pretty stupid to stay longer than that, especially if you weren’t going to be able to receive your mail for a month. I’d probably just pay the fine.
Tesco parking tickets on 13:18 - Aug 16 with 1396 viewsHighjack

Tesco parking tickets on 13:16 - Aug 16 by jack247

You’ll probably get away with ignoring it. The companies that run these parking fine schemes can take it further, which could cost a lot more than £70, but they rarely bother, they just rely on people paying up after the first few letters.

Having said that, they probably gave you 2 hours free parking, if we’re talking about the Marina one, right in the centre of town. It was pretty stupid to stay longer than that, especially if you weren’t going to be able to receive your mail for a month. I’d probably just pay the fine.

A lot of elderly ladies in their fifties and sixties probably stop for a gossip and a cup of tea every ten paces so it’s easy enough to go over the limit.

Tesco parking tickets on 13:23 - Aug 16 with 1386 viewsjack247

Tesco parking tickets on 13:18 - Aug 16 by Highjack

A lot of elderly ladies in their fifties and sixties probably stop for a gossip and a cup of tea every ten paces so it’s easy enough to go over the limit.

No one actually spends 2 hours in Tesco surely?
Tesco parking tickets on 13:24 - Aug 16 with 1382 viewsHighjack

Tesco parking tickets on 13:23 - Aug 16 by jack247

They probably do. And don’t call me Shirley.

Tesco parking tickets on 13:25 - Aug 16 with 1379 viewsdickythorpe

Tesco parking tickets on 13:23 - Aug 16 by jack247

Christ you'd be surprised, it's a social club for some!
Tesco parking tickets on 13:34 - Aug 16 with 1364 viewsjacktar

If you're planning to stay a bit longer after finishing your shopping. Just pop back into the store ask for the manager and tell them that your car won't start and your arranging for someone to came and take a look at it. They should take your vehicle registration number and you should be ok to stay longer as you will have a reasonable excuse to give the parking company, if you are issued with a ticket.
That'a what I did, but my car genuinely wouldn't start.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

Tesco parking tickets on 14:06 - Aug 16 with 1335 viewscontroversial_jack

Tesco parking tickets on 12:18 - Aug 16 by raynor94

Rules are not laws though., but I agree, don't give these criminals the opportunity to try it on
Tesco parking tickets on 14:09 - Aug 16 with 1329 viewsjack247

Tesco parking tickets on 14:06 - Aug 16 by controversial_jack

Rules are not laws though., but I agree, don't give these criminals the opportunity to try it on

Hardly criminals are they?
Tesco parking tickets on 14:32 - Aug 16 with 1313 viewscontroversial_jack

Tesco parking tickets on 14:09 - Aug 16 by jack247

Hardly criminals are they?

I think they are, it's basically extortion
Tesco parking tickets on 14:38 - Aug 16 with 1306 viewsjack247

Tesco parking tickets on 14:32 - Aug 16 by controversial_jack

I think they are, it's basically extortion

It’s charging people to park on private land, when they’ve already had two free hours. It’s clearly signposted.

Extortion is what the Mafia do.
Tesco parking tickets on 18:30 - Aug 16 with 1189 viewscontroversial_jack

Tesco parking tickets on 14:38 - Aug 16 by jack247

It’s charging people to park on private land, when they’ve already had two free hours. It’s clearly signposted.

Extortion is what the Mafia do.

Instead of charging for the next hour or so - which they are supposed to do under law, as they have sustained a loss of earning for that period, they slap on extortionate charges - that's extortion.Our judiciary is so corrupt and only interested in protecting businesses rather than the people, they allow these companies to often get away with it.
Tesco parking tickets on 20:34 - Aug 16 with 1114 viewsjack247

Tesco parking tickets on 18:30 - Aug 16 by controversial_jack

Instead of charging for the next hour or so - which they are supposed to do under law, as they have sustained a loss of earning for that period, they slap on extortionate charges - that's extortion.Our judiciary is so corrupt and only interested in protecting businesses rather than the people, they allow these companies to often get away with it.

No. That’s not extortion at all.

All people have to do is not park there for more than two hours and they get left alone.
Tesco parking tickets on 20:37 - Aug 16 with 1106 viewsbuilthjack

Ignore all letters. Ignore everything associated with the parking overstay. They will go away eventually although it may take a year or so.
Never answer them.
They will eventually go away.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024