Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mike VdH 14:43 - Aug 5 with 9021 viewsJack_y_Jwc

If Maguire is £80m and apparently Bournemouth want £75m for Ake. Should VdH be valued at higher than £10m?

From what I saw Saturday he's improved further - I don't remember his range of passing being so accurate last season.

Mike VdH on 14:48 - Aug 5 with 4973 viewsandypitt56

No that is a good fee for him, we only paid a couple of mil for him. Only has 12 months left on his contract he can also sign a pre contract with a foreign club in January.
Mike VdH on 15:01 - Aug 5 with 4890 viewspencoedjack

Will be a massive blow losing Mikey.

Use some of the cash from sales to give him a new contract & play youngsters along side him.

No brainer imo.
Mike VdH on 15:04 - Aug 5 with 4873 viewscontroversial_jack

His passing has always been good, imo. Will be a massive blow if he leaves.
Mike VdH on 15:06 - Aug 5 with 4857 viewssainthelens

Mike VdH on 15:01 - Aug 5 by pencoedjack

Use some of the cash from sales to give him a new contract & play youngsters along side him.

No brainer imo.

Problem is the ones making decisions don't have a fckn brain.
Mike VdH on 15:20 - Aug 5 with 4776 views34dfgdf54

Mike VdH on 15:01 - Aug 5 by pencoedjack

No brainer imo.

Problem is I don't think he's interested in signing an extension, he has mentioned before that he needs to see how ambitious we are.
Mike VdH on 15:21 - Aug 5 with 4774 viewspencoedjack

Mike VdH on 15:06 - Aug 5 by sainthelens

Problem is the ones making decisions don't have a fckn brain.

I would hate to see us playing with 2 rookie centre backs mate.

I'm all for bringing youth through but centre half is 1 position I don't want 2 youngsters (especially with a young keeper as well).
Mike VdH on 15:22 - Aug 5 with 4765 viewspencoedjack

Mike VdH on 15:20 - Aug 5 by 34dfgdf54

Problem is I don't think he's interested in signing an extension, he has mentioned before that he needs to see how ambitious we are.

Money talks mate.
Mike VdH on 15:24 - Aug 5 with 4744 views34dfgdf54

Mike VdH on 15:22 - Aug 5 by pencoedjack

Money talks mate.

Yeah true, not sure our lot are going to bend over backwards to keep anyone here though.

I'm a big fan of VDH's, would be a huge loss.
Login to get fewer ads

Mike VdH on 15:27 - Aug 5 with 4723 viewsAngelRangelQS

He didn’t make a big thing of coming over the fans on Saturday for what that’s worth.

Personally I think him not getting the captaincy was a sign he’s off.
Mike VdH on 15:30 - Aug 5 with 4702 views34dfgdf54

Mike VdH on 15:27 - Aug 5 by AngelRangelQS

He didn’t make a big thing of coming over the fans on Saturday for what that’s worth.

Personally I think him not getting the captaincy was a sign he’s off.

Agree with second paragraph.

He's pretty much still the skipper on the park even with Grimes having armband.
Mike VdH on 15:34 - Aug 5 with 4671 viewsjasper_T

Mike VdH on 15:21 - Aug 5 by pencoedjack

I would hate to see us playing with 2 rookie centre backs mate.

I'm all for bringing youth through but centre half is 1 position I don't want 2 youngsters (especially with a young keeper as well).

Brentford had Konsa and Mepham as their pairing at the start of last season. Both 20. Both now sold for big fees. Lots of young centre halves in the Championship.

If you're good enough you're old enough. Neither Rodon nor Wilmot will want to be sitting on the bench even with vdH at the club.
Mike VdH on 15:44 - Aug 5 with 4618 viewsAngelRangelQS

Mike VdH on 15:34 - Aug 5 by jasper_T

Brentford had Konsa and Mepham as their pairing at the start of last season. Both 20. Both now sold for big fees. Lots of young centre halves in the Championship.

If you're good enough you're old enough. Neither Rodon nor Wilmot will want to be sitting on the bench even with vdH at the club.

And arguably we shouldn’t be holding on to VDH with him out of contract next year. £10m would be a good price... although I’d like to see us bring someone else in obviously
Mike VdH on 16:13 - Aug 5 with 4474 viewssainthelens

Mike VdH on 15:44 - Aug 5 by AngelRangelQS

And arguably we shouldn’t be holding on to VDH with him out of contract next year. £10m would be a good price... although I’d like to see us bring someone else in obviously

We get 10m for VDH, that brings our summer income to over 40M. I doubt many PL sides have done that kinda cash.
Mike VdH on 16:26 - Aug 5 with 4387 viewsLuther27

Mike VdH on 16:13 - Aug 5 by sainthelens

We get 10m for VDH, that brings our summer income to over 40M. I doubt many PL sides have done that kinda cash.

Bristol City have according to Sky yesterday...and by fck it showed against Leeds when they played like a team of strangers.
Mike VdH on 16:33 - Aug 5 with 4344 viewsmagicdaps10

Mike VdH on 15:34 - Aug 5 by jasper_T

Barbet and Meopham were the regular centre halves until Meopham left, Konsa was mainly right back and then pushed over to centre half once Mepham left.

Dalsgaard actually covered in at Centre half before Christmas a few times when Barbet was out of form/injured.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Mike VdH on 16:39 - Aug 5 with 4328 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Mike VdH on 16:26 - Aug 5 by Luther27

Bristol City have according to Sky yesterday...and by fck it showed against Leeds when they played like a team of strangers.

Most of Bristol City's income from player sales has come from one CB they sold to Brighton.

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Mike VdH on 16:45 - Aug 5 with 4308 viewsBadlands

Mike VdH on 15:20 - Aug 5 by 34dfgdf54

Wasn't he about to complete a new two year deal with Jenkins but it was put on hold and when he 'resigned' and the 1 year extension took over?

£10 million for a Championship CB is decent money, unfortunately we wouldn't get the same quality at short notice an for small beer.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Mike VdH on 16:46 - Aug 5 with 4307 viewsTenbySwan

The press release will go something like
We didn't really want to sell him and the player was happy here but it was an offer we had to give serious consideration to and it was too good to turn down.

Roughly translated as we will take anything we are offered as we are here to make as much money out of the club as possible.
Mike VdH on 16:55 - Aug 5 with 4257 viewsLuther27

Mike VdH on 16:39 - Aug 5 by AustinIsOurHero

Most of Bristol City's income from player sales has come from one CB they sold to Brighton.

According to the Sky pundits they've sold over £73 million of players the last two seasons....£33 million so far this transfer window.
Mike VdH on 16:58 - Aug 5 with 4249 viewsItchySphincter

I can’t see why any club on earth would offer 10M for him. Half that and he’ll be gone.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Mike VdH on 17:10 - Aug 5 with 4202 viewsAngelRangelQS

Mike VdH on 16:46 - Aug 5 by TenbySwan

The press release will go something like
We didn't really want to sell him and the player was happy here but it was an offer we had to give serious consideration to and it was too good to turn down.

Roughly translated as we will take anything we are offered as we are here to make as much money out of the club as possible.

They turned down two offers for OMB
Mike VdH on 17:24 - Aug 5 with 4137 viewsTenbySwan

Mike VdH on 17:10 - Aug 5 by AngelRangelQS

They turned down two offers for OMB

And then accepted an offer of 17m, below the 18m that was offered,
Mike VdH on 17:30 - Aug 5 with 4099 viewsthornabyswan

Mike VdH on 17:24 - Aug 5 by TenbySwan

And then accepted an offer of 17m, below the 18m that was offered,

Rising to 20 with possible add ons

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Mike VdH on 17:38 - Aug 5 with 4068 viewssdh1412

Mike VdH on 16:39 - Aug 5 by AustinIsOurHero

Two players
Lloyd Kelly to Bournemouth £13m +
Adam Webster to Brighton £22m +
Mike VdH on 17:52 - Aug 5 with 4017 viewsLuther27

Mike VdH on 17:38 - Aug 5 by sdh1412

Two players
Lloyd Kelly to Bournemouth £13m +
Adam Webster to Brighton £22m +

That's money in...they've also sent back a few loanees back to their parent club and brought a couple more back in. The point I'm trying to make is according to Sky they didn't need to sell to balance the books. If I was a Bristol supporter I'd be pretty pssd off at not making the playoffs and not keeping a steady team to challenge for automatic promotion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024