Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a stunning August! 18:51 - Aug 31 with 6053 viewsbakajack

Eight games played: seven wins, one draw and zero defeats. Five goals conceded and a whopping twenty one goals scored, if anyone had offered me that a month ago I would have called the men in white coats and had them sectioned!

The international break should be relatively kind to us with not that many international call ups in the squad and then just four games to play in September (three in the league of which two are at home).

The best thing about this current run though is that it has not been smooth sailing and easy wins, we have had to come from behind on several occasions and it's not like we have been playing the league whipping boys - Preston, Leeds, QPR are all going to be there or thereabouts at the end of the season.

The only game I have a concern about is Bristol City, they always seem to be our bogey side these days. If we can emerge from September with another 6 points I would be thrilled, surely Cooper has to be the only choice for manager of the month for August.
What a stunning August! on 22:15 - Aug 31 with 3536 viewsNortbankboy

Yes great month so far.
All we need now is the bhoys to beat the huns tomorrow
What a stunning August! on 22:19 - Aug 31 with 3506 viewsSwanjaxs

What a stunning August! on 22:15 - Aug 31 by Nortbankboy

Yes great month so far.

Tiocfaidh ár lá 🇮🇪💚🍀

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

What a stunning August! on 22:21 - Aug 31 with 3496 viewsNeathJack

Yes great month so far.

What the fcuk have we got to do with Scotland, son?
What a stunning August! on 22:23 - Aug 31 with 3472 viewsNortbankboy

Nothing,I just said it's been a great month.
And if the bhoys win tomorrow it make my month complete.
No offence ment
What a stunning August! on 22:27 - Aug 31 with 3448 viewsSwanjaxs

What a stunning August! on 22:23 - Aug 31 by Nortbankboy

Nothing,I just said it's been a great month.
And if the bhoys win tomorrow it make my month complete.
No offence ment

No need to explain yourself mate to anyone! Happy August 👍🇮🇪

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

What a stunning August! on 02:06 - Sep 1 with 3259 viewsDJack

What a stunning August! on 22:27 - Aug 31 by Swanjaxs

No need to explain yourself mate to anyone! Happy August 👍🇮🇪

Really! This post is about a glorious month for us and he brings in a foreign sectarian club into the conversation.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

What a stunning August! on 04:32 - Sep 1 with 3215 viewsSTID2017

I agree with all your excellent post, except for the bit about Bristol City.
If you had given valid football reasons why you felt that game might not go well for us then fair enough, that's your opinion.
However the "bogey team" nonsense is straight out of the "saluting magpies, don't walk under ladders, etc" school of thought.
No bearing on the game at all.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

What a stunning August! on 07:54 - Sep 1 with 3145 viewsjack247

What a stunning August! on 04:32 - Sep 1 by STID2017

If you had given valid football reasons why you felt that game might not go well for us then fair enough, that's your opinion.
However the "bogey team" nonsense is straight out of the "saluting magpies, don't walk under ladders, etc" school of thought.

The only thing we’ve really got to worry about in the next two games is ‘after the Lord Mayors show’ type performances. We’ll have a big target on our backs now and probably more than that, Cooper will have to ensure no complacency creeps into the young team. I’m sure he’ll manage it.

Football wise, we’re going to have good days and bad days, but overall there’s nothing to fear from any particular club in the division. We do tend to ride our luck a bit in first halves, but we’ve still only conceded 4 in 6 games and seem to have sorted our Achilles heel of defending set pieces. We’ve looked genuinely threatening once the game opens up in every game.

Shame this thread got hijacked by Celtic and Rangers bollocks. Again.
Login to get fewer ads

What a stunning August! on 08:53 - Sep 1 with 3051 viewsbakajack

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/8607341.stm 2009/2010 season - loss
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/8244579.stm 2009/2010 season - draw
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/9156718.stm 2010/2011 season - loss
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45229941 2018/2019 season - loss
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47010990 2018/2019 season - loss

We did win the return fixture in our promotion season, but otherwise we have for the last two seasons we played Bristol City we been the dominant side but conspired to do a Leeds and lose the match regardless.

Is that enough evidence?
What a stunning August! on 08:57 - Sep 1 with 3040 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Yes great month so far.

“Great month so far”

August finished yesterday. It was a great month.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

What a stunning August! on 09:09 - Sep 1 with 3016 viewsjack247

What a stunning August! on 08:53 - Sep 1 by bakajack

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/8607341.stm 2009/2010 season - loss
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/8244579.stm 2009/2010 season - draw
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/9156718.stm 2010/2011 season - loss
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45229941 2018/2019 season - loss
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47010990 2018/2019 season - loss

We did win the return fixture in our promotion season, but otherwise we have for the last two seasons we played Bristol City we been the dominant side but conspired to do a Leeds and lose the match regardless.

Is that enough evidence?

According to the commentary team yesterday, we hadn’t won at Elland Road since 1949. I wouldn’t worry too much about previous games against them, particularly when none of the current team, bar Dyer I think, were around in 2009/10/11
What a stunning August! on 09:28 - Sep 1 with 2999 viewsGVJack

Good post. I think we have overcome one very tricky hurdle, but there are more to come, for me with us doing so well its just opened the championship up more. Leeds will bounce back from yesterday and go on to pick up points keeping pressure on us, and I think Fulham and West Brom also look particularly strong and will be certainties for top 6. Then you have the likes of other teams who are full of confidence at the moment such as Bristol and Charlton. I'm not saying theres anything to fear there, but I think we should respect the fact that they are where they are on merit and will be difficult opponents.... And we also have the small matter of the Welsh Derby at the end of October when form goes out the window.
What a stunning August! on 09:38 - Sep 1 with 2959 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Bogey team lmao!
We hadn't won in Leeds for SEVENTY years until yesterday!
For the record when we went up with Brendan we won at Ashton Gate 2 nil.

And as for the Celtic fan boys - get off here and go and support them. I bet you if they had the choice of teleporting to Parkhead or watching the Swans they'd be off to Glasgow in a flash. Pathetic tw*ts

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

What a stunning August! on 09:49 - Sep 1 with 2961 viewsNortbankboy

It's a long way to go yet.
We should not get ahead of ourself.
We were shocking first v preston,but played really well secoun d half against brum.
I would say we are looking like a team that could make the play offs.
But let's enjoy our time at the top
What a stunning August! on 09:57 - Sep 1 with 2928 viewsepaul

Mon the Gers.....and Im a dirty left footer.............

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

What a stunning August! on 10:00 - Sep 1 with 2914 viewsNortbankboy

What a stunning August! on 09:57 - Sep 1 by epaul

Mon the Gers.....and Im a dirty left footer.............

God bless you
What a stunning August! on 10:04 - Sep 1 with 2883 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What a stunning August! on 09:49 - Sep 1 by Nortbankboy

It's a long way to go yet.
We should not get ahead of ourself.
We were shocking first v preston,but played really well secoun d half against brum.
I would say we are looking like a team that could make the play offs.
But let's enjoy our time at the top

I agree about the long way to go mantra, but having won at Leeds we really shouldn't fear anyone. Bristol City, Fulham and West Brom will be our closest rivals and toughest opponents but the strength in depth we have is probably the highest we've had for many many years, if ever.

To put things in some sort of context we've beaten four of the top nine as it stands and have yet to play any of the bottom four teams in the division.

Ayew playing yesterday told me he's here til at least Christmas and I think it's a given that Borja will stay til the end of his contract. We look like we will always score with this team and have developed a hard edge and a ruthless winning mentality and defensively we look (almost) impregnable, which is a huge difference from last season.

Leeds are flat track bullies and we blunted them with a mixture of their impotency in front of goal and our excellent defending. We have the the all round game potentially to dominate this season. Fingers crossed we do.

What a stunning August! on 10:33 - Sep 1 with 2859 viewsepaul

What a stunning August! on 10:00 - Sep 1 by Nortbankboy

God bless you

You do realise religion is utter b olloxs dont you

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

What a stunning August! on 10:36 - Sep 1 with 2851 viewsFireboy2

What a stunning August! on 10:33 - Sep 1 by epaul

This with fecking bells on.
What a stunning August! on 10:36 - Sep 1 with 2851 viewsNortbankboy

What a stunning August! on 10:04 - Sep 1 by Brynmill_Jack

I agree about the long way to go mantra, but having won at Leeds we really shouldn't fear anyone. Bristol City, Fulham and West Brom will be our closest rivals and toughest opponents but the strength in depth we have is probably the highest we've had for many many years, if ever.

To put things in some sort of context we've beaten four of the top nine as it stands and have yet to play any of the bottom four teams in the division.

Ayew playing yesterday told me he's here til at least Christmas and I think it's a given that Borja will stay til the end of his contract. We look like we will always score with this team and have developed a hard edge and a ruthless winning mentality and defensively we look (almost) impregnable, which is a huge difference from last season.

Leeds are flat track bullies and we blunted them with a mixture of their impotency in front of goal and our excellent defending. We have the the all round game potentially to dominate this season. Fingers crossed we do.

And don't write our cousins up the road of yet.
Big physical football team that will results against the run of play from set pieces.
Dinosaur football
What a stunning August! on 10:36 - Sep 1 with 2826 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What a stunning August! on 10:33 - Sep 1 by epaul

He's not religious. He and other republicans on here just love to hate anything red white and blue Paul. Sectarian for hatred's sake.

What a stunning August! on 11:12 - Sep 1 with 2788 viewsSwanjaxs

What a stunning August! on 09:38 - Sep 1 by Brynmill_Jack

Bogey team lmao!
We hadn't won in Leeds for SEVENTY years until yesterday!
For the record when we went up with Brendan we won at Ashton Gate 2 nil.

And as for the Celtic fan boys - get off here and go and support them. I bet you if they had the choice of teleporting to Parkhead or watching the Swans they'd be off to Glasgow in a flash. Pathetic tw*ts

Shut your hole you bloated bag of wind 👍

What a stunning August! on 11:33 - Sep 1 with 2756 viewsNortbankboy

What a stunning August! on 10:36 - Sep 1 by Brynmill_Jack

He's not religious. He and other republicans on here just love to hate anything red white and blue Paul. Sectarian for hatred's sake.

You are wrong there.
I'm a swans fans and enjoy a bit of banter.
Don't take things to serious
What a stunning August! on 11:53 - Sep 1 with 2717 viewsBrynmill_Jack

What a stunning August! on 11:33 - Sep 1 by Nortbankboy

You are wrong there.
I'm a swans fans and enjoy a bit of banter.
Don't take things to serious

I know that but I have no idea why people bring the subject of Celtic FC up on this board at all. Why? You're not the worst culprit by any means but this is a Swnasea City board. I don't see anyone coming on here saying "I hope Man united/City/Arsenal/Liverpool/Spurs win".
Celtic are the antithesis of our club, insignificant. If you call Rangers Huns then that's practically calling the vast majority of British people including those who post on here.

Perhaps the mods , when every so call "Jack" comes on here gobbing off that Celtic have beaten Alloa or whoever could cut the word Jack from their usernames? Won't happen but I'd like to see it.

What a stunning August! on 11:58 - Sep 1 with 2730 viewsNortbankboy

What a stunning August! on 11:53 - Sep 1 by Brynmill_Jack

I know that but I have no idea why people bring the subject of Celtic FC up on this board at all. Why? You're not the worst culprit by any means but this is a Swnasea City board. I don't see anyone coming on here saying "I hope Man united/City/Arsenal/Liverpool/Spurs win".
Celtic are the antithesis of our club, insignificant. If you call Rangers Huns then that's practically calling the vast majority of British people including those who post on here.

Perhaps the mods , when every so call "Jack" comes on here gobbing off that Celtic have beaten Alloa or whoever could cut the word Jack from their usernames? Won't happen but I'd like to see it.

Ok sorry I upset you
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024