Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
50 years ago Glammy 21:18 - Sep 9 with 1047 viewsdickythorpe

Won their 2nd ever County Championship

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/49594870
50 years ago Glammy on 21:18 - Sep 9 with 1043 viewsBrynmill_Jack

W*nkers!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

50 years ago Glammy on 21:19 - Sep 9 with 1040 viewsBrynmill_Jack

50 years ago Glammy on 21:18 - Sep 9 by Brynmill_Jack

W*nkers!

Only joking Dicky. My dad played for Glamorgan

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

50 years ago Glammy on 23:46 - Sep 9 with 992 viewstheloneranger

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

50 years ago Glammy on 00:05 - Sep 10 with 985 viewsWarwickHunt

"John Lever played the ball to third man where Ossie Wheatley collected and threw to the keeper's end, allowing Eifion Jones to sweep off the bails - running out Lever for victory".

Everyone groaned as they saw the ball go to Ossie - a fielder who made Tufnell look like Colin Bland. Ossie put it right over the bails though. Cue pandemonium.

Huge crowd at St. Helens - those were the days...
50 years ago Glammy on 05:33 - Sep 10 with 952 viewsbonymine

50 years ago Glammy on 23:46 - Sep 9 by theloneranger

I was only 3 back then but recognise a few of those faces I think from subsequent years watching Glammy ....Malcolm Nash, Tony Cordle is it ? Eifion Jones, Majid Khan ? Don Shepherd, Tony Lewis, Alan Jones.

Any more ?

Edit Just read the BBC link !! 🙄🤣
[Post edited 10 Sep 2019 5:35]

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

50 years ago Glammy on 08:00 - Sep 10 with 913 viewsdna

50 years ago Glammy on 05:33 - Sep 10 by bonymine

I was only 3 back then but recognise a few of those faces I think from subsequent years watching Glammy ....Malcolm Nash, Tony Cordle is it ? Eifion Jones, Majid Khan ? Don Shepherd, Tony Lewis, Alan Jones.

Any more ?

Edit Just read the BBC link !! 🙄🤣
[Post edited 10 Sep 2019 5:35]

Back Row = ???, Brian Davis - Malcolm Nash - Tony Cordle - Lawrence Williams - Roger Davis - Eifion Jones
Front Row = Majid Khan - Don Shepherd - Tony Lewis - Peter Walker - Alan Jones
50 years ago Glammy on 08:21 - Sep 10 with 905 viewsWarwickHunt

50 years ago Glammy on 08:00 - Sep 10 by dna

Back Row = ???, Brian Davis - Malcolm Nash - Tony Cordle - Lawrence Williams - Roger Davis - Eifion Jones

??? - Kevin Lyons?
50 years ago Glammy on 09:14 - Sep 10 with 874 viewsUxbridge

My late Dadgu reckons he taught Alan and Eifion everything they knew. It didn't quite pass on to me sadly.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

50 years ago Glammy on 09:42 - Sep 10 with 868 viewsdickythorpe

50 years ago Glammy on 21:19 - Sep 9 by Brynmill_Jack

Only joking Dicky. My dad played for Glamorgan

Who was your Dad?
50 years ago Glammy on 10:46 - Sep 10 with 853 viewstheloneranger

Who was the last father and son to play in the same 1st class match for Glamorgan ??

50 years ago Glammy on 12:43 - Sep 10 with 831 viewsRobbie

Javed Miandad maybe .
50 years ago Glammy on 12:45 - Sep 10 with 827 viewstheloneranger

50 years ago Glammy on 12:43 - Sep 10 by Robbie

Javed Miandad maybe .

👍 Me and Dad 😇

50 years ago Glammy on 13:17 - Sep 10 with 815 viewsCountyJim

Mathew and Tom Maynard
50 years ago Glammy on 13:47 - Sep 10 with 800 viewstheloneranger

50 years ago Glammy on 13:17 - Sep 10 by CountyJim

Mathew and Tom Maynard

Jim, they never batted together in the same 1st class match.

Tom made his debut 2007 and Matthew retired 2005.

50 years ago Glammy on 16:04 - Sep 10 with 779 viewstheloneranger

50 years ago Glammy on 00:05 - Sep 10 by WarwickHunt

"John Lever played the ball to third man where Ossie Wheatley collected and threw to the keeper's end, allowing Eifion Jones to sweep off the bails - running out Lever for victory".

Everyone groaned as they saw the ball go to Ossie - a fielder who made Tufnell look like Colin Bland. Ossie put it right over the bails though. Cue pandemonium.

Huge crowd at St. Helens - those were the days...

Seeing that name Colin Bland brought back great memories of watching him on the 1965 South Africa tour. I was sat on the grass boundary Cricketers side when Glamorgan played them in 1965. He was patrolling vast areas of the boundary on his own. I couldn't believe how fast he was picking the ball up and then with swooping throws on the run and so accurate. He was really chatty to us on the boundary and gave me his autograph.
I honestly believe he was the best all round fielder in his position I've ever watched, better than Jonty Rhodes, Derek Randall, Alan Rees etc

I'm sure Glamorgan's Alan Rees ( Wales rugby International also) challenged Colin Bland to a 1 wicket challenge during this tour match, but I can't remember the result.

50 years ago Glammy on 09:51 - Sep 11 with 705 viewswhiterock

Heard they may go to the wall in the very near future, no one watches and they spent a kings ransom on Sophia Gardens yet St Helens where crowds were healthy, gets a token game each season.
50 years ago Glammy on 09:54 - Sep 11 with 702 viewsdickythorpe

50 years ago Glammy on 09:51 - Sep 11 by whiterock

Heard they may go to the wall in the very near future, no one watches and they spent a kings ransom on Sophia Gardens yet St Helens where crowds were healthy, gets a token game each season.

That would be a shame.
This 100 ball competition that is coming in next year hadn't really been talked about clearly.
It's still unknown what any Welsh team will be called.
50 years ago Glammy on 15:42 - Sep 11 with 674 viewsfelixstowe_jack

50 years ago Glammy on 09:54 - Sep 11 by dickythorpe

That would be a shame.
This 100 ball competition that is coming in next year hadn't really been talked about clearly.
It's still unknown what any Welsh team will be called.

Cardiff crusaders.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

50 years ago Glammy on 19:16 - Sep 11 with 661 viewsswanaway

I vividly remember rushing home from school to catch the coverage. Eifion was my favourite player.
50 years ago Glammy on 20:03 - Sep 11 with 652 viewsglanmORJa_k

St. Helens has been a truly great arena in years gone by to watch cricket, and during the time I used to travel from Burry Port to see the touring teams in the sixties, always well attended and quality cricket. Memories of beating the touring teams, the John Player Sunday League and the Gillette Cup abound.

Now, I wouldn't cross the road to watch them although I do sincerely admire the people who continue to campaign for matches at St. Helens.

Our councillors should hold their heads in shame in allowing the rot to set in at St. Helens and become an easy excuse to move the majority of games to Cardiff but in all honesty cricket has changed to a game that's akin to baseball.

As for the local council, what is left in local sport that hasn't been decimated through bureaucracy. No midweek cricket, one or two Saturday matches at Ashleigh Road. A mandate given to bowls clubs to take over the maintenance of their bowling green besides the slowly deteriorating quality of local, council owned football permits that generate an income for the local council akin to speeding cameras.
50 years ago Glammy on 20:10 - Sep 11 with 649 viewsdickythorpe

50 years ago Glammy on 15:42 - Sep 11 by felixstowe_jack

Cardiff crusaders.

I hope you are wrong but.....
50 years ago Glammy on 00:34 - Sep 12 with 622 viewsWarwickHunt

50 years ago Glammy on 16:04 - Sep 10 by theloneranger

Seeing that name Colin Bland brought back great memories of watching him on the 1965 South Africa tour. I was sat on the grass boundary Cricketers side when Glamorgan played them in 1965. He was patrolling vast areas of the boundary on his own. I couldn't believe how fast he was picking the ball up and then with swooping throws on the run and so accurate. He was really chatty to us on the boundary and gave me his autograph.
I honestly believe he was the best all round fielder in his position I've ever watched, better than Jonty Rhodes, Derek Randall, Alan Rees etc

I'm sure Glamorgan's Alan Rees ( Wales rugby International also) challenged Colin Bland to a 1 wicket challenge during this tour match, but I can't remember the result.

Bland was the daddy. Used to give exhibitions picking up the ball and throwing down a single stump.

Jonty probably came closest but Bland was in a league of his own.
50 years ago Glammy on 13:33 - Sep 12 with 519 viewsglanmORJa_k

50 years ago Glammy on 08:00 - Sep 10 by dna

Back Row, first left could be Euros Lewis
50 years ago Glammy on 13:41 - Sep 12 with 512 viewstheloneranger

50 years ago Glammy on 13:33 - Sep 12 by glanmORJa_k

Back Row, first left could be Euros Lewis

It's Kevin Lyons, future coach and umpire.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024