Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Fishermen on here. 17:55 - Sep 19 with 1262 viewslifelong

Following on from my earlier September thread, just spent a fantastic week fishing in Pembrokeshire, attached is a sample of what I caught.

FAO Fishermen on here. on 18:16 - Sep 19 with 883 viewsdickythorpe

Mackerel, sea bass and lobster. Where exactly in Pembs lifey?
FAO Fishermen on here. on 18:17 - Sep 19 with 876 viewssainthelens

Did you catch crabs ?
FAO Fishermen on here. on 18:26 - Sep 19 with 870 viewslifelong

FAO Fishermen on here. on 18:16 - Sep 19 by dickythorpe

Mackerel, sea bass and lobster. Where exactly in Pembs lifey?

St David’s, out of Porthclais Harbour.
FAO Fishermen on here. on 18:42 - Sep 19 with 851 viewsWingstandwood

FAO Fishermen on here. on 18:26 - Sep 19 by lifelong

Out of interest i.e. I've read a lot about over fishing with trawlers which I presume could affect the amount of fish swimming in the seas along with their catch size compared to years back.

What are returns compared these days from when you first started fishing?

Argus!

FAO Fishermen on here. on 18:49 - Sep 19 with 837 viewsdickythorpe

FAO Fishermen on here. on 18:26 - Sep 19 by lifelong

Lovely and a super forecast for tomorrow and Saturday.
I'll be strolling around Gower.
FAO Fishermen on here. on 18:50 - Sep 19 with 836 viewsswanforthemoney

The lobster, they are blue when you catch them arent they ? only go red pink when cooked ?

I stand in the North Stand

FAO Fishermen on here. on 18:58 - Sep 19 with 830 viewslifelong

FAO Fishermen on here. on 18:50 - Sep 19 by swanforthemoney

The lobster, they are blue when you catch them arent they ? only go red pink when cooked ?

Correct, it had been cooked. I have one Lobster pot out and you are permitted to take one Lobster per person on the boat. I have caught about a dozen lobsters his season.
FAO Fishermen on here. on 19:04 - Sep 19 with 819 viewsswanforthemoney

FAO Fishermen on here. on 18:58 - Sep 19 by lifelong

Correct, it had been cooked. I have one Lobster pot out and you are permitted to take one Lobster per person on the boat. I have caught about a dozen lobsters his season.

Lucky chap.

I stand in the North Stand

Login to get fewer ads

FAO Fishermen on here. on 19:04 - Sep 19 with 819 viewslifelong

FAO Fishermen on here. on 18:42 - Sep 19 by Wingstandwood

Out of interest i.e. I've read a lot about over fishing with trawlers which I presume could affect the amount of fish swimming in the seas along with their catch size compared to years back.

What are returns compared these days from when you first started fishing?

There is definitely a reduction in the amount of fish being caught by the recreational fisherman. There are much stricter regulations these days,which is a good thing to preserve fish stocks.
FAO Fishermen on here. on 19:16 - Sep 19 with 804 viewsDarran

They catch crabs on Merseyside.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

FAO Fishermen on here. on 19:22 - Sep 19 with 802 viewsWingstandwood

FAO Fishermen on here. on 19:04 - Sep 19 by lifelong

There is definitely a reduction in the amount of fish being caught by the recreational fisherman. There are much stricter regulations these days,which is a good thing to preserve fish stocks.

Thanks for the reply, it was something that I was always rather curious about.

Argus!

FAO Fishermen on here. on 19:45 - Sep 19 with 791 viewsLuther27

FAO Fishermen on here. on 18:49 - Sep 19 by dickythorpe

Walked from Mumbles around Rotherslade over to Verdis and back to Mumbles today. It was fabulous and met some lovely people on the way. Thinking of going spinning around Bracelet Bay and the Pier when tides suit. A wonderful day.
FAO Fishermen on here. on 19:50 - Sep 19 with 783 viewslonglostjack

I’ll take those fish in the first picture with a splash of vinegar any day!

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

FAO Fishermen on here. on 19:59 - Sep 19 with 768 viewslifelong

FAO Fishermen on here. on 19:50 - Sep 19 by longlostjack

I’ll take those fish in the first picture with a splash of vinegar any day!

They are superb eating,filleted, dipped in seasoned flour and shallow fried for a couple of minutes, then sprinkled with vinegar...beautiful.
FAO Fishermen on here. on 20:09 - Sep 19 with 759 viewsWingstandwood

FAO Fishermen on here. on 19:59 - Sep 19 by lifelong

They are superb eating,filleted, dipped in seasoned flour and shallow fried for a couple of minutes, then sprinkled with vinegar...beautiful.

Do you ever fish Loughor bridge. It's was my only marine fishing experience, there were three of us using the same bait as others along the bridge, none of us three had a single bite.

There were another load of guys about three quarters across towards Bynea side that were pulling in flatty after flatty. I'm sure there must be a feeding channel or something ecological going on, its as if the other guys picked the exact spot? I'm no expert its just an assumption?

Argus!

FAO Fishermen on here. on 20:11 - Sep 19 with 753 viewssainthelens

FAO Fishermen on here. on 18:49 - Sep 19 by dickythorpe

Not going to Brizzle Dicky? Tut tut.
FAO Fishermen on here. on 20:19 - Sep 19 with 744 viewslifelong

FAO Fishermen on here. on 20:09 - Sep 19 by Wingstandwood

Do you ever fish Loughor bridge. It's was my only marine fishing experience, there were three of us using the same bait as others along the bridge, none of us three had a single bite.

There were another load of guys about three quarters across towards Bynea side that were pulling in flatty after flatty. I'm sure there must be a feeding channel or something ecological going on, its as if the other guys picked the exact spot? I'm no expert its just an assumption?

I have fished the Estuary occasionally but never from the bridge, not my type of fishing.
FAO Fishermen on here. on 20:19 - Sep 19 with 742 viewsperchrockjack

Was in Conwy this morning and a guy in waders was casting into the river/sea.

What would he be looking to catch.

Serious question .Used to fish when a kid.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

FAO Fishermen on here. on 20:28 - Sep 19 with 730 viewslifelong

FAO Fishermen on here. on 20:19 - Sep 19 by perchrockjack

Sea Trout,or maybe Salmon,preparing to run up the river to spawn.
FAO Fishermen on here. on 20:36 - Sep 19 with 717 viewsLuther27

FAO Fishermen on here. on 20:09 - Sep 19 by Wingstandwood

Not sure about feeding channels, but the flounders there usually go for maddies...estuary worms. I've never fished off the bridge, but caught a couple near the yacht club. Watch the mud if you do fish there.
FAO Fishermen on here. on 20:36 - Sep 19 with 716 viewsperchrockjack

Interesting to watch as he was in quite deep water and tide was keeping in.
Have to say the sea water looked very clean ,which is good to see.

FAO Fishermen on here. on 20:47 - Sep 19 with 695 viewsWingstandwood

FAO Fishermen on here. on 20:36 - Sep 19 by Luther27

Not sure about feeding channels, but the flounders there usually go for maddies...estuary worms. I've never fished off the bridge, but caught a couple near the yacht club. Watch the mud if you do fish there.

Loughor has a rep for being extremely dangerous, I've heard its like quicksand in places. It has a bad reputation for dangerous fast incoming and outgoing currents also.

A local optician (now retired) had to be rescued when he fell overboard his boat. He did the right thing i.e. he swam with with the natural flow of the tide and did not swim against it. It would be natural instinct for many in a state of panic/fear to try to swim to the shoreline.

He was at the point of extreme exhaustion when he was rescued and it was luck that his cries for help were heard, a little while longer and he would have drowned.

Argus!

FAO Fishermen on here. on 20:54 - Sep 19 with 684 viewsdickythorpe

FAO Fishermen on here. on 20:19 - Sep 19 by perchrockjack

Shopping trolleys
FAO Fishermen on here. on 20:56 - Sep 19 with 681 viewsLuther27

FAO Fishermen on here. on 20:47 - Sep 19 by Wingstandwood

Loughor has a rep for being extremely dangerous, I've heard its like quicksand in places. It has a bad reputation for dangerous fast incoming and outgoing currents also.

A local optician (now retired) had to be rescued when he fell overboard his boat. He did the right thing i.e. he swam with with the natural flow of the tide and did not swim against it. It would be natural instinct for many in a state of panic/fear to try to swim to the shoreline.

He was at the point of extreme exhaustion when he was rescued and it was luck that his cries for help were heard, a little while longer and he would have drowned.

Every estuary is dangerous even if you fish/walk there regularly. Personally I always stick to rock rather than risk mud or wet sands I'm not familiar with.
FAO Fishermen on here. on 21:01 - Sep 19 with 677 viewsperchrockjack

When I fished ,dicky, ladies used wickerwork baskets.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024