Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We May Actually Do It 14:41 - Sep 22 with 2751 viewsTimTtam

Looking at our upcoming fixtures, they are extremely generous due to our tough start to the season. Our next 7 league games are:
vs Reading - 3pts
@ Charlton - 1pt
vs Stoke - 3pts
@ Barnsley - 3pts
vs Brentford - 3pts
vs Scum - 3pts
@ Wigan - 3pts
Of course my predictions will likely be wrong and we'll lose at least 1 and draw another 1 or 2, but there is potential for some good results. And looking further ahead, I went up until the end of 2019 and we could legitimately have 52 points by then.

My years of supporting Swansea have seen the yanks turn up, us survive by a miracle run, us get relegated by a horrific run, & us finish mid-table and lose a heartbreaking FA Cup QF. It's about time I get to experience what most fans experienced back earlier in the decade.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

We May Actually Do It on 14:50 - Sep 22 with 2313 viewsGowerjack

And yet we have to play every other team in the league home & away.

Odd that..

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

We May Actually Do It on 14:52 - Sep 22 with 2307 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The most obvious characteristic of the Championship is that any team can beat any team. Not a division in which you can count your chickens.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

We May Actually Do It on 14:56 - Sep 22 with 2275 viewsthornabyswan

We May Actually Do It on 14:52 - Sep 22 by Joe_bradshaw

The most obvious characteristic of the Championship is that any team can beat any team. Not a division in which you can count your chickens.

Even more so after 8 games.

Need to start scoring a few now goals have dried up since Brum.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

We May Actually Do It on 15:13 - Sep 22 with 2223 viewsraynor94

Exactly, extremely generous are hardly words I'd use to describe our upcoming fixtures

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

We May Actually Do It on 15:28 - Sep 22 with 2184 viewsmonmouth

We May Actually Do It on 15:13 - Sep 22 by raynor94

Exactly, extremely generous are hardly words I'd use to describe our upcoming fixtures

Agreed. It's a tough old league. Having seen the best it can probably offer though, home and away, I'd be disappointed if we are not there or thereabouts at the sharp end.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

We May Actually Do It on 17:20 - Sep 22 with 1950 viewsTimTtam

We May Actually Do It on 15:13 - Sep 22 by raynor94

Of course we may (and probably will) lose 'easy' or 'generous' games. But if we apply ourselves we will win quite a few of them. I'll be nervous as hell right before each game and will convince myself that actually we could lose.

The point is that we have navigated a very tricky run of fixtures, and have one loss (0-1), while also having conceded just 1 goal away from home (where we are undefeated). And as someone pointed out in another thread, we have conceded no goals from set pieces. There is reason for optimism, and these next 7 games give us plenty of opportunities to earn 3 points.

I'm not saying we've won the league in September, but the dream is well and truly alive.

My name is Matt

We May Actually Do It on 17:23 - Sep 22 with 1924 viewspencoedjack

We May Actually Do It on 17:20 - Sep 22 by TimTtam

Of course we may (and probably will) lose 'easy' or 'generous' games. But if we apply ourselves we will win quite a few of them. I'll be nervous as hell right before each game and will convince myself that actually we could lose.

The point is that we have navigated a very tricky run of fixtures, and have one loss (0-1), while also having conceded just 1 goal away from home (where we are undefeated). And as someone pointed out in another thread, we have conceded no goals from set pieces. There is reason for optimism, and these next 7 games give us plenty of opportunities to earn 3 points.

I'm not saying we've won the league in September, but the dream is well and truly alive.

Keep up the optimism mate there some of this forum who try to drain it out of you.

I think we are going up as champions, we are a very good side
We May Actually Do It on 17:31 - Sep 22 with 1897 viewsTimTtam

We May Actually Do It on 17:23 - Sep 22 by pencoedjack

Keep up the optimism mate there some of this forum who try to drain it out of you.

I think we are going up as champions, we are a very good side

Haha, I know. I've been a guest on here for months before I joined, so I know what to expect

It would be amazing if we could send Lids out of the automatic promotion places with 3 games to go, and then win the title against Bristol with a game to spare

My name is Matt

Login to get fewer ads

We May Actually Do It on 17:38 - Sep 22 with 1866 viewsBrynmill_Jack

We May Actually Do It on 17:20 - Sep 22 by TimTtam

Did you used to post under the username “Omar” Tim?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

We May Actually Do It on 17:47 - Sep 22 with 1846 viewssainthelens

We May Actually Do It on 17:31 - Sep 22 by TimTtam

Haha, I know. I've been a guest on here for months before I joined, so I know what to expect

It would be amazing if we could send Lids out of the automatic promotion places with 3 games to go, and then win the title against Bristol with a game to spare

More immediately, I'll settle for beating the bin dippers therefore ending Colin's career with him shown the door.
We May Actually Do It on 18:02 - Sep 22 with 1803 viewsTimTtam

We May Actually Do It on 17:38 - Sep 22 by Brynmill_Jack

Did you used to post under the username “Omar” Tim?

Dammit, again I knew I shouldn't have set my username the way I did.

My name isn't Omar. And it isn't even Tim

https://d4zzp4ohshzeb.cloudfront.net/resize/listing-picture/2f4841bc-ed0a-3fb0-a

My name is Matt

We May Actually Do It on 18:04 - Sep 22 with 1791 viewsTimTtam

We May Actually Do It on 17:47 - Sep 22 by sainthelens

More immediately, I'll settle for beating the bin dippers therefore ending Colin's career with him shown the door.

The worry I have is that once he leaves, they'll actually start playing football and next season will have a 30M parachute payment (assuming they had already paid Nantes). For the time being even though I despise him, I'm happy for him to stay.

My name is Matt

We May Actually Do It on 18:40 - Sep 22 with 1730 viewskarnataka

I think Joe Allen can
We May Actually Do It on 18:48 - Sep 22 with 1696 viewsDrGonzo

There's nothing to fear in this league that is for sure. Play at our best and we can beat anyone.
We May Actually Do It on 19:02 - Sep 22 with 1653 viewssainthelens

There is no doubt that since the international break, the 2 subsequent performances have not matched those previously. Whilst I don't think momentum has suffered too much, Cooper must be aware of that and next Saturday getting back on track is more vital than usual.
We May Actually Do It on 20:10 - Sep 22 with 1549 viewsGlyn1

We May Actually Do It on 18:02 - Sep 22 by TimTtam

Dammit, again I knew I shouldn't have set my username the way I did.

My name isn't Omar. And it isn't even Tim

https://d4zzp4ohshzeb.cloudfront.net/resize/listing-picture/2f4841bc-ed0a-3fb0-a

If we beat Reading we'll be 11 points better off in the same fixtures compared to last season, which should get us into the play-offs. I'm still expecting Leeds and Fulham to go up automatically.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

We May Actually Do It on 01:14 - Sep 23 with 1347 viewsTimTtam

We May Actually Do It on 20:10 - Sep 22 by Glyn1

If we beat Reading we'll be 11 points better off in the same fixtures compared to last season, which should get us into the play-offs. I'm still expecting Leeds and Fulham to go up automatically.

I'm with you. Leeds should win the title if they don't bottle promotion for 5th consecutive year. Then I think West Brom (who are undefeated) and Fulham will battle for automatic promotion. Nottingham Forest look too strong to miss out on top 6, and Preston and Bristol are solid as well. Sheffield Wednesday keep hanging around, and despite their woeful form, Cardiff are just 1 win outside the top 6...

This year has a lot stronger sides. Last season it was weak as piss. I didn't even think Norwich were that convincing towards the end. And lets not forget Leeds & Sheffield United trying their hardest to bottle promotion. I think top 6 is what we'll have to settle for, but I think we have a very good chance of making it.

While Fulham & Cardiff are down on 12pts, we need to hope that they slip as far down the table as possible, as soon as possible. Aston Villa came from 13th to get promoted.

My name is Matt

We May Actually Do It on 06:42 - Sep 23 with 1212 viewsmonmouth

Far too early to worry about all this shit. Just enjoy each Swans game, one at a time, and forget other teams. We’ve played 8 games ffs. Come back next March for table crap.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

We May Actually Do It on 12:03 - Sep 23 with 1057 viewsCaptain_Sham

We have to play everybody twice. When we have then we can look at the table. FFS.

Its just a ride.

We May Actually Do It on 12:32 - Sep 23 with 1019 viewsjack247

We May Actually Do It on 12:03 - Sep 23 by Captain_Sham

We have to play everybody twice. When we have then we can look at the table. FFS.

We can only look at the table when the season has finished? Come on now
We May Actually Do It on 13:11 - Sep 23 with 965 viewsCaptain_Sham

We May Actually Do It on 12:32 - Sep 23 by jack247

We can only look at the table when the season has finished? Come on now

The table makes sense once. When it is complete.

Its just a ride.

We May Actually Do It on 14:27 - Sep 23 with 907 viewsraynor94

We May Actually Do It on 01:14 - Sep 23 by TimTtam

I'm with you. Leeds should win the title if they don't bottle promotion for 5th consecutive year. Then I think West Brom (who are undefeated) and Fulham will battle for automatic promotion. Nottingham Forest look too strong to miss out on top 6, and Preston and Bristol are solid as well. Sheffield Wednesday keep hanging around, and despite their woeful form, Cardiff are just 1 win outside the top 6...

This year has a lot stronger sides. Last season it was weak as piss. I didn't even think Norwich were that convincing towards the end. And lets not forget Leeds & Sheffield United trying their hardest to bottle promotion. I think top 6 is what we'll have to settle for, but I think we have a very good chance of making it.

While Fulham & Cardiff are down on 12pts, we need to hope that they slip as far down the table as possible, as soon as possible. Aston Villa came from 13th to get promoted.

You are Mystic Meg, and I claim my £5

We May Actually Do It on 14:38 - Sep 23 with 896 viewsTimTtam

We May Actually Do It on 13:11 - Sep 23 by Captain_Sham

The table makes sense once. When it is complete.

So Leeds and Huddersfield should be judged solely on performances and not their points tally?

Better yet, we should completely disregard results and simply focus on stats. That would include being disappointed with our performances against Hull, Derby, Preston, QPR, Leeds, and Forest. Then in May we'll take a peek and see where we end up...

Ffs. Points and goals are ALL that matters in the end. We have 17 in eight games. We are 2nd. Enjoy it, right now.

My name is Matt

We May Actually Do It on 14:42 - Sep 23 with 893 viewsTimTtam

We May Actually Do It on 14:27 - Sep 23 by raynor94

You are Mystic Meg, and I claim my £5

I swear, I'm not a past member. Ask one of the admin to check my IP address or whatever, if you're so concerned.

I've browsed the forum since January as a guest, but only recently signed up cause I finally stopped being lazy.

And my name isn't Tim either. Ever heard of tim tams?

My name is Matt

We May Actually Do It on 14:48 - Sep 23 with 885 viewsraynor94

We May Actually Do It on 14:42 - Sep 23 by TimTtam

I swear, I'm not a past member. Ask one of the admin to check my IP address or whatever, if you're so concerned.

I've browsed the forum since January as a guest, but only recently signed up cause I finally stopped being lazy.

And my name isn't Tim either. Ever heard of tim tams?

It's gone over your head mun! Mystic Meg used to predict the Lottery results, a bit like you predicting scores a month ahead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024