Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
formations 13:15 - Oct 21 with 1923 viewswsmJACK

I think after last year its obvious to see width and pace will beat most teams in this league. I think Cooper has had long enough to see Celina out wide just isn't working.

Would want this team for our next 2 at home

------------------Woodman-------------------
Roberts/Naughton VDH Rodon Bidwell
---------------Fulton Grimes -----------------
Ayew-------------Celina--------------- Garrick
--------------------Baston-------------------------

formations on 22:34 - Oct 21 with 1840 viewsKilkennyjack

I also think proper wide players with pace are a must at home.
Celina is a top 10.

I might go Ayew instead of Baston up top, which allows Dyer/Routs to start.

Beware of the Risen People

formations on 06:19 - Oct 22 with 1768 viewsCaptain_Sham

Unbeliveable how many people think Garrick is going to save us after after 10 decent minutes at QPR.

Its just a ride.

formations on 06:33 - Oct 22 with 1757 viewsTimTtam

I like that team, except I don't think Garrick is ready for a Championship start yet. Half-way through the season I would consider it, but some more time with the u23s and some minutes off the bench at this level is the way to go. I think Routledge should be given a chance to start, and when Kalulu is fit in a few weeks, give him a go.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

formations on 06:41 - Oct 22 with 1755 viewsjack247

formations on 06:19 - Oct 22 by Captain_Sham

Unbeliveable how many people think Garrick is going to save us after after 10 decent minutes at QPR.

I know, it’s mad.

People see it working with Celina threading balls for James to burst on to and think we can replicate it with Garrick. James had incredible vision and timing to compliment his pace, the little I’ve seen of Garrick he looks like a sprinter thrown into a football match.

TT is right, pace and width can win you games, but you need the right pacy players out wide. We’ve got an abundance of wingers, but only one with genuine pace and he looks way too raw at the moment.
formations on 07:57 - Oct 22 with 1711 viewswsmJACK

formations on 06:41 - Oct 22 by jack247

I know, it’s mad.

People see it working with Celina threading balls for James to burst on to and think we can replicate it with Garrick. James had incredible vision and timing to compliment his pace, the little I’ve seen of Garrick he looks like a sprinter thrown into a football match.

TT is right, pace and width can win you games, but you need the right pacy players out wide. We’ve got an abundance of wingers, but only one with genuine pace and he looks way too raw at the moment.

I’m not saying Garrick is the next Dan James, I just feel in this league most back 3/4’s can’t handle pace. Garrick is the only one who really offers that and Ayew is streetwise enough to hold his own on the other wing.

He’s not the finished article by any stretch, but Routledge’s pace is declining with age, Dyer is like a rabbit in the headlights when he has to take on a full back and then we’ve got the likes of McKay, Kalulu (I know he’s been injured) and Peterson that aren’t getting a look in.

In coopers first couple of games the notable difference I saw was the bodies getting forward and making an effort to get up the pitch in and around the box and offer more goal scoring opportunities. If we’ve got wide players who can beat a man with pace that’s half the job done and we saw that last year. Celina in a number 10 role could be the one to thread those balls through the lines into the space for the likes of Garrick and Ayew to expose
formations on 09:36 - Oct 22 with 1652 viewsTimTtam

formations on 07:57 - Oct 22 by wsmJACK

I’m not saying Garrick is the next Dan James, I just feel in this league most back 3/4’s can’t handle pace. Garrick is the only one who really offers that and Ayew is streetwise enough to hold his own on the other wing.

He’s not the finished article by any stretch, but Routledge’s pace is declining with age, Dyer is like a rabbit in the headlights when he has to take on a full back and then we’ve got the likes of McKay, Kalulu (I know he’s been injured) and Peterson that aren’t getting a look in.

In coopers first couple of games the notable difference I saw was the bodies getting forward and making an effort to get up the pitch in and around the box and offer more goal scoring opportunities. If we’ve got wide players who can beat a man with pace that’s half the job done and we saw that last year. Celina in a number 10 role could be the one to thread those balls through the lines into the space for the likes of Garrick and Ayew to expose

I agree that Garrick's pace will be a handful, but at the moment I think it should be limited to a bench role. And it's probably even better, because if teams' defenses can't handle pace to begin a game, they'll be sh!tting themselves with a fresh player coming on with 20 minutes to go.

Hopefully Kalulu has decent pace when he gets fit. I never got a chance to watch him before he got injured.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

formations on 13:31 - Oct 22 with 1574 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Cooper doesn't seem to be that interested in wingers, let's hope he wises up soon.
formations on 14:00 - Oct 22 with 1548 viewsjack247

formations on 07:57 - Oct 22 by wsmJACK

He won’t run onto those balls unless he is on the same wavelength as Celina, which from the little I’ve seen of him so far, he isn’t. I do get that the more he plays on the first team the quicker he’ll improve.

Getting on those through balls is about reading the game and timing more than raw pace, which is why Routledge popped up so often despite being up against quicker defenders.

Starting Garrick on the left is going to negate his pace to an extent as well. I don’t disagree at all about the need for pace, but not to the extent of parachuting someone in who isn’t a rounded footballer yet. I think our lack of a central midfield is what’s cost us points lately, not our lack of width/pace
Login to get fewer ads

formations on 14:59 - Oct 22 with 1503 viewsjackharris

I would like to see something like this. When he came on at halftime John was brilliant down the left wing, when we played Derby last season.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

formations on 18:53 - Oct 22 with 1407 viewsNortbankboy

Swap Baston with Ayew and put Rutledge in
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024