Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield 17:34 - Oct 5 with 3828 viewsMagic_Michu

We really need some investment if we want any serious chance of promotion

Twitter: @swanseadan
Poll: Will the Woods deal happen?

No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 17:36 - Oct 5 with 3196 viewsPozuelosSideys

We already have the players. Just need Cooper to figure out the correct way to fit round pegs in round holes at home. Away we have been outstanding.

Lets not go overboard. Get d1cked at home next up by our six fingered cousins tho and i may be joining you.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 17:38 - Oct 5 with 3179 viewsicecoldjack

Investment isn’t really going to happen so it’s up to cooper to make it work .

This type of game is where the likes of Leroy fer would have been awesome.

It’s still early season and I’m hoping cooper sees the problems playing at home and fixes it.

Woeful today, but the worry is that these performances are becoming the rule not the exception to the rule
No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 17:41 - Oct 5 with 3153 viewsunion_jack

No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 17:38 - Oct 5 by icecoldjack

It’s still early season and I’m hoping cooper sees the problems playing at home and fixes it.

Woeful today, but the worry is that these performances are becoming the rule not the exception to the rule

I don’t know if it was just me but not only were they inept tactically but they seemed very lethargic as well. Slow both in body and in mind as if something didn’t suit them e.g. Stoke’s better energy and skill levels.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 17:41 - Oct 5 with 3144 viewsDr_Winston

We're not playing with width because Cooper doesn't want to play with width. We're not moving the ball quickly enough because we don't have the midfield personnel to do so.

Joe Allen was everything we haven't got. Whilst that praise does have to be tempered with the knowledge that it was our non existent midfield he was up against, he tackled, swept up, passed quickly and accurately and ran the ball himself if needs be.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 17:42 - Oct 5 with 3138 viewsLeonWasGod

We’re not going to get investment. The Q is, is Cooper getting the most out of these? I’m not sure what the answer is. On the one hand he’s got a squad where the spine is largely inexperienced (Rodon (the least of our worries), Grimes, Fulton/Byers, Dhanda). Realistically we shouldn’t be thinking about promotion.

On the other hand, they seemed more aware of each other last year.

What improvements has Cooper made?
No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 17:42 - Oct 5 with 3137 viewsTimTtam

If we slip down the table come January, which looks increasingly likely, there's no point investing. On this form, we will be below Cardiff in Jan. If promotion looks unlikely, we should honestly cash in on whoever we can, and then get ready for 2020/2021, where we will have money to spend, plus an additional 15M parachute payment.

I hope in a few weeks I look back on this post and laugh at myself, but it's looking bleak.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 17:45 - Oct 5 with 3101 viewstheloneranger

No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 17:41 - Oct 5 by Dr_Winston

We're not playing with width because Cooper doesn't want to play with width. We're not moving the ball quickly enough because we don't have the midfield personnel to do so.

Joe Allen was everything we haven't got. Whilst that praise does have to be tempered with the knowledge that it was our non existent midfield he was up against, he tackled, swept up, passed quickly and accurately and ran the ball himself if needs be.

Exactly, the way Joe Allen ran the game today was the type of midfield player we have been crying out for, for a very long time.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 17:49 - Oct 5 with 3070 viewsFireboy2

We play the same way home as away, it works away from home but we need to stretch teams at home as most come with a defensive compact style which negates our narrow formation,

Wingers Steve, fvcking wingers.
Login to get fewer ads

No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 17:50 - Oct 5 with 3059 viewsLeonWasGod

Who do you play though?

I know everyone’s calling for width, but who in the squad is better than Celina and Ayew?
No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 17:51 - Oct 5 with 3040 viewsOldjack

If we're not trying to play with width why was Celina hanging to the touch line nearly all game , and very rarely trying too come inside, he's not a winger never has been ,a bloody waste of a good midfielder being stuck out there ,There's your answer to Joe, albeit Celina is not a tackler but has an excellent eye for a defence splitting pass

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 18:09 - Oct 5 with 2923 viewssainthelens

No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 17:42 - Oct 5 by TimTtam

If we slip down the table come January, which looks increasingly likely, there's no point investing. On this form, we will be below Cardiff in Jan. If promotion looks unlikely, we should honestly cash in on whoever we can, and then get ready for 2020/2021, where we will have money to spend, plus an additional 15M parachute payment.

I hope in a few weeks I look back on this post and laugh at myself, but it's looking bleak.

Why wait a few weeks? Read it back.
No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 18:13 - Oct 5 with 2842 viewsTimTtam

No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 18:09 - Oct 5 by sainthelens

Why wait a few weeks? Read it back.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 18:20 - Oct 5 with 2782 viewsclloy2

That is the problem unfortunately, there is absolutely no pace or power in that team at present.
No athletic players in midfield who will beat a man and run 30 m up field with the ball.
If athletic teams press us high, and the passing game doesn't work there is no plan B.
All our midfielders are clones of each other.
Celina out wide is just a waste of our most creative player, I know its an issue with trying to play Borja and Ayew as well, but with no proper wingers either, the side doesn't look balanced.
Oh to have a fit Leroy Fer or similar in our lightweight midfield.
No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 18:22 - Oct 5 with 2751 viewscontroversial_jack

We didn't even do the basics right today. Couldn't get passes to where they should have gone.
No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 18:26 - Oct 5 with 2630 viewsBadlands

No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 17:36 - Oct 5 by PozuelosSideys

We already have the players. Just need Cooper to figure out the correct way to fit round pegs in round holes at home. Away we have been outstanding.

Lets not go overboard. Get d1cked at home next up by our six fingered cousins tho and i may be joining you.

1 point from the last three home games and we didn't deserve that.
Cooper has never inspired me despite our high standing and I am getting less impressed by him.
Doesn't know how to pick a team - he seems to pick a side of individuals.
Flat back 4
Flat midfield
Slow in though and execution.
Sloppy.
Lacking determination.
Static.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 18:31 - Oct 5 with 2511 viewsskettyparkherbert

Good post and exactly to the point regarding missing the likes of Leroy Fer.

Midfielders, Danda, Celina,Carroll, Buyers, Dyer, Routeledge, far too weak and lightweight on the ball, couldn't tackle a good dinner between them and so easy to disposes.

This nonsense passing from the keeper to our centre backs is driving us all crazy.

Grimes, Fulton also weak in there today too, and all the above just kept giving the ball away all game.

Grimes not a captain for me and i think the weight of the captaincy has deffo taken things away from his game.

Feel so sorry for Baston up top, so isolated and scrapping for bits but no service at all on his own.
Why can't we play 2 up top when at home its far too predictable.

Joe and MVDH also really poor today.

Bad day all around and defy not good enough to challenge in this league. Stoke, Reading, Forrest not really good sides but we couldn't put them to the sword when we had them there for the taking.

Very angry jacks today and rightly so, shite.
No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 19:09 - Oct 5 with 2311 viewsYossarian

No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 17:50 - Oct 5 by LeonWasGod

Who do you play though?

I know everyone’s calling for width, but who in the squad is better than Celina and Ayew?

Feck my eyes....they are NOT wingers....you couldn’t find two players slower. They both play behind a striker. He’s tried both out wide and behind Borja. When Ayew plays behind Borja he scores. Celina doesn’t score enough- that’s why he’s been tried out wide. Today he got found out. You can’t accomodate both unfortunately. Cooper has got some tough decisions to make.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 19:13 - Oct 5 with 2295 viewsDr_Winston

Of the two Ayew is more capable of acting as a wide player. With Celina in the #10 role AA might even become more effective in there as the quality of through pass should improve.

WTF is the score with Peterson?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 19:21 - Oct 5 with 2272 viewsTenbySwan

All through the game we always look for a safe pass. With Stokes pressing that wasn't an option today and more often than not we ended up passing backwards like from an attacking throw in back to our keeper and then struggling to go forward.

In the final third no one wants to take responsibility and dribble past or take on defenders and we ending up looking for that extra pass and attacks fizzled away.

I also agree we looked very lethargic and tired. Stoke wanted it much more.

Our midfield was non existent. Celina should be in the centre.
No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 19:33 - Oct 5 with 2226 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Does this remind anybody of the last time we tried to fit Ayew in the team?
He is probably our best player, but just like before his inclusion disrupts the whole midfield.
No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 19:41 - Oct 5 with 2197 viewsDr_Winston

No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 19:33 - Oct 5 by A_Fans_Dad

Does this remind anybody of the last time we tried to fit Ayew in the team?
He is probably our best player, but just like before his inclusion disrupts the whole midfield.

Ayew is a forward, not a midfielder. Where he plays in our front three has little or no impact on how effective or otherwise our midfield is.

No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 19:51 - Oct 5 with 2149 viewsjack247

No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 19:21 - Oct 5 by TenbySwan

All through the game we always look for a safe pass. With Stokes pressing that wasn't an option today and more often than not we ended up passing backwards like from an attacking throw in back to our keeper and then struggling to go forward.

In the final third no one wants to take responsibility and dribble past or take on defenders and we ending up looking for that extra pass and attacks fizzled away.

I also agree we looked very lethargic and tired. Stoke wanted it much more.

Our midfield was non existent. Celina should be in the centre.

Taking responsibility is a good point. Ayew does it from wide right. No one in the middle was desperate for the ball today or really wanted to drive at Stoke.

Grimes and Dhanda, as well as the likes of Carroll and Byers would look a lot better if they had that type of player alongside them. To be fair to Cooper, I think he’s done very well to get us where we are without that type of player at his disposal.
No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 19:56 - Oct 5 with 2138 viewsPozuelosSideys

No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 18:26 - Oct 5 by Badlands

1 point from the last three home games and we didn't deserve that.
Cooper has never inspired me despite our high standing and I am getting less impressed by him.
Doesn't know how to pick a team - he seems to pick a side of individuals.
Flat back 4
Flat midfield
Slow in though and execution.
Sloppy.
Lacking determination.
Static.

Depends how you look at it and what peoples perceptions and expectations are. We can all see what issues we have at home and we all have our ideas of how to fix them.

But. Say we had beaten Forest and Stoke at home and lost to Leeds and Charlton away. We would have the same number of points and i would bet big money we would all be delighted at how things are and that we are 4th in the league.

Fans are quick to judge. Wednesday night we were going to win the league, tonight you are rattling off multiple reasons why we suck. Im as annoyed as you by what we are doing at home, but our away form is excellent. Turns out that the derby game in a few weeks may be a blessing. The fans and players will be right up for it for a whole 90 minutes. The players will feed off that.

Wouldnt disagree with your observations, but its not like this is happening both home and away. They are very fixable.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 20:23 - Oct 5 with 2089 views34dfgdf54

No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 17:49 - Oct 5 by Fireboy2

We play the same way home as away, it works away from home but we need to stretch teams at home as most come with a defensive compact style which negates our narrow formation,

Wingers Steve, fvcking wingers.

This...
No width, No pace, No Bite in Midfield on 20:39 - Oct 5 with 2042 viewsmahoss

I don’t know what to make of today.......
The playing out from the back wasn’t working but we continued with it !
I noticed one of the coaches in the second half come off the bench and berate Woodman for constantly giving the short ball, send it long was the instruction.
I don’t think our midfield is good enough to play that way to be honest, lost the ball more times than I can remember.
Lose the midfield, you lose the game I’m afraid.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024