Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Play Celina through the middle 17:22 - Oct 5 with 4853 viewslidojack

Yes he had a great game against Charlton, but for God's sake he is not a winger.

Get someone out wide who can attack the full back and put a ball in on their left foot. Leave Celina to play slide rule passes from CAM and use his talent to create.

At the minute we have a right footer on the left and a left footer on the right. Everything goes inside and teams just suffocate us with numbers.

Use our players' in the positions that gets the best out of them.
Play Celina through the middle on 17:24 - Oct 5 with 4207 viewsLeonWasGod

Or play him on the left and then take him off leaving the guy on in his position who’s been completely anonymous...
Play Celina through the middle on 17:38 - Oct 5 with 4134 viewsTimTtam

Every game we have played 4-2-3-1. I think a change in formation would be the first start. It would be risky to play every week, but a 3-2-4-1 could be an option. Move Celina and Ayew into the centre positions, and play Dhanda and another winger, as true wingers. And is there such a thing as a 3-3-3-1? I've never seen it so I assume not, but if it is real we could have 3 midfielders instead of 2.

Where is Peterson? Where is Wilmot? When is Kalulu back from injury? When will Surridge get a league start? Christ, at this stage it's almost worth playing McKay for 20 minutes.

I got taken the piss out of when for the Charlton game, I suggested a radical plan to make mass-changes to the team. At that stage we were desperate for a win and change in form. Now we're back to that stage again. There's no energy with the players. The team we played in the EFL Cup could've won today.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Play Celina through the middle on 18:20 - Oct 5 with 4046 viewsgiantstoneater

You can play Celina anywhere on the pitch but that massive yellow streak he has will always follow him around utter coward.
Play Celina through the middle on 18:30 - Oct 5 with 4020 viewsunion_jack

Cooper wants both Ayew and Celina on the field as well as Baston I think. Only one of them can play at no.10. Ayew could go up front but Baston would have to give way.

He’ll need to be ruthless if he wants to win more games. I can see his problem but he’s paid handsomely to make those type of decisions.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Play Celina through the middle on 18:32 - Oct 5 with 4017 viewsTreforys_Jack

Play Celina through the middle on 18:20 - Oct 5 by giantstoneater

You can play Celina anywhere on the pitch but that massive yellow streak he has will always follow him around utter coward.

Wow !
Play Celina through the middle on 18:36 - Oct 5 with 4005 viewsskettyparkherbert

Play Celina through the middle on 18:32 - Oct 5 by Treforys_Jack

Wow !

Wow, what exactly right call, can't argue with the truth you would not want Celina with you in the trenches would you?

Probably the most talented player on the books but mentally weak as a kitten, how many chances does he get?
Play Celina through the middle on 18:44 - Oct 5 with 3979 viewsSwanjaxs

Play Celina through the middle on 18:20 - Oct 5 by giantstoneater

The sooner someone invents a breathalyzer test type of device that you have to pass before posting on the interweb the better ...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Play Celina through the middle on 18:51 - Oct 5 with 3929 viewsgiantstoneater

Play Celina through the middle on 18:32 - Oct 5 by Treforys_Jack

Wow !

The guy is scared of getting hurt the rest of the midfielders carrying him, he is also slow to close space down everybody on the team should at least make some sort of effort in a tackle he does not bother so i assume he is scared.of doing it.
Login to get fewer ads

Play Celina through the middle on 18:55 - Oct 5 with 3922 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

No width
No pace
Easy to see how we play

5 central midfielders is a decent away formation

At home it’s a load of sh!t week after week

Isn’t everyone seeing this ?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Play Celina through the middle on 19:01 - Oct 5 with 3904 viewsjack247

I don’t think any of our individual players are the problem, it’s the fact we haven’t got anyone who can pass, tackle and get up and back in midfield. Grimes, Byers, Fulton etc all fine, but none of them all round box to boxers.

Celina and Ayew, though I agree are probably best at 10, would still do plenty of damage where they are if we had more of the midfield.

It’s very frustrating because as well, as we have done so far, we’re probably one decent player away from being clear at the top.
Play Celina through the middle on 19:03 - Oct 5 with 3902 viewsYossarian

Celina is being payed out of position and we would be better playing Routs out wide. The problem is Celina is a creative player but Grimes and Fulton are just not good enough to allow him a free reign. Our midfield needs radical surgery. We don’t have the players....but how long have the fans being saying this?

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Play Celina through the middle on 19:07 - Oct 5 with 3887 viewsjack247

Play Celina through the middle on 19:03 - Oct 5 by Yossarian

Celina is being payed out of position and we would be better playing Routs out wide. The problem is Celina is a creative player but Grimes and Fulton are just not good enough to allow him a free reign. Our midfield needs radical surgery. We don’t have the players....but how long have the fans being saying this?

This I agree with. Celina is at his best when he’s playing clever through balls that no one sees until he’s put someone through. Can’t do that unless you’ve got someone on your wavelength making clever runs. Playing where he does, he’s only really got Bidwell and though I like the fact he gets forward so often, his runs aren’t exactly unpredictable.
Play Celina through the middle on 19:14 - Oct 5 with 3865 viewsgiantstoneater

Play Celina through the middle on 18:44 - Oct 5 by Swanjaxs

The sooner someone invents a breathalyzer test type of device that you have to pass before posting on the interweb the better ...

I take it you will be testing yourself! It would be interesting to know if you think that Celina is a fully committed player, we all know he has talent but when things are going pear shaped you need to show some grit.
Play Celina through the middle on 19:32 - Oct 5 with 3812 viewsTreforys_Jack

Play Celina through the middle on 19:14 - Oct 5 by giantstoneater

I take it you will be testing yourself! It would be interesting to know if you think that Celina is a fully committed player, we all know he has talent but when things are going pear shaped you need to show some grit.

Who would you currently play instead of him in our starting 11., and why won't Cooper play him in the hole, that is his position, that's where he can hurt the opposition ,. Why we set up at home with 2 defensive midfielders is beyond me. I'd give Garrick or Peterson a little run of games., bench Fulton , now there's a player who hides.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2019 19:39]
Play Celina through the middle on 19:58 - Oct 5 with 3759 viewsgiantstoneater

Play Celina through the middle on 19:32 - Oct 5 by Treforys_Jack

Who would you currently play instead of him in our starting 11., and why won't Cooper play him in the hole, that is his position, that's where he can hurt the opposition ,. Why we set up at home with 2 defensive midfielders is beyond me. I'd give Garrick or Peterson a little run of games., bench Fulton , now there's a player who hides.

My point isn't whether he is playing in the right position but that I would like him to get stuck in at some point. I like him as a ten which hopefully will bring.him more shooting chances and the chance to influence the game. Ayeuw is the enigma for me just as he was.in his first spell with us the manager that would have gotten the best out of him would have been Laudrup alas it was never to be as for Baston how do we get the best out of him he worked his socks off only to run out of steam towards the end. It must be very frustrating for wingers at the club we stockpile them only not to use them,frustrating for us too I Believe. There was a shedload of space on the flanks but we didn't exploit it unlike their right back who put in cross after cross unimpeded.
Play Celina through the middle on 20:01 - Oct 5 with 3757 viewsvetchonian

Play Celina through the middle on 19:32 - Oct 5 by Treforys_Jack

I sometimes wonder if people who post on here actually watch us play
Today Fulton was a putting himself around which ultimately led to a booking....he made himself available for the ball quite often on Wednesday setting up the first and the goal that was disallowed.
I do understand we as fans often find a player who can never do right but to say Fulton hides is crap

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Play Celina through the middle on 20:05 - Oct 5 with 3745 viewsPozuelosSideys

Play Celina through the middle on 20:01 - Oct 5 by vetchonian

Today Fulton was a putting himself around which ultimately led to a booking....he made himself available for the ball quite often on Wednesday setting up the first and the goal that was disallowed.
I do understand we as fans often find a player who can never do right but to say Fulton hides is crap

I agree. He is the only one in the middle of the field closing down space and putting pressure on the opposition play. Grimes is being played too deep. I dont understand why i only ever seem to see Fulton usually higher up the field than Grimes. Should be the other way around. Maybe its my eyes.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Play Celina through the middle on 20:05 - Oct 5 with 3743 viewsjojaca

He frustrated me today especially that tackle he pulled out of today, a proper Wendy. For me he is the most inconsistent player of the team, your not sure what version your going to get.

Even when you know, you never know?

Play Celina through the middle on 20:12 - Oct 5 with 3720 viewsgiantstoneater

Fulton.Had a.good game I thought. Perhaps we should be looking.at Grimes he won't be the first player to struggle on being given the captaincy and he hasn't hit the heights of last season yet. A big part of our problem is that all our midfielders are young and an experienced midfielder might be.good to bring these players on.
Play Celina through the middle on 20:22 - Oct 5 with 3690 views34dfgdf54

Play Celina through the middle on 20:12 - Oct 5 by giantstoneater

Fulton.Had a.good game I thought. Perhaps we should be looking.at Grimes he won't be the first player to struggle on being given the captaincy and he hasn't hit the heights of last season yet. A big part of our problem is that all our midfielders are young and an experienced midfielder might be.good to bring these players on.

I thought Fulton and Grimes were both terrible, as was Byers when he come on. Dhanda seems to be taking most of the flak unfairly imo.
Play Celina through the middle on 20:29 - Oct 5 with 3678 viewsblackpooljack

Play Celina through the middle on 20:12 - Oct 5 by giantstoneater

The reason Fulton got booked today is the same as all the other times hes been booked, he hasnt the skill to deal with a player that is facing him so when they have easily gone past him he hauls them to the ground. Could quite easily seen a red today before he was hooked.
Play Celina through the middle on 21:30 - Oct 5 with 3616 viewsTreforys_Jack

He can put a tackle in , agreed, but he hides from the ball, doesnt make himself available for our defenders trying to carry the ball out , we should not be playing 2 defensive midfielders at home.
Play Celina through the middle on 13:11 - Oct 6 with 3472 viewskrunchykarrot

Play Celina through the middle on 19:01 - Oct 5 by jack247

I don’t think any of our individual players are the problem, it’s the fact we haven’t got anyone who can pass, tackle and get up and back in midfield. Grimes, Byers, Fulton etc all fine, but none of them all round box to boxers.

Celina and Ayew, though I agree are probably best at 10, would still do plenty of damage where they are if we had more of the midfield.

It’s very frustrating because as well, as we have done so far, we’re probably one decent player away from being clear at the top.

This post is correct, slagging off players when you know Sweet FA about football makes my blood boil.
Play Celina through the middle on 15:55 - Oct 6 with 3419 viewsjackrmee

I don't think it's black and white as to where to play Celina.
I agree that IMO his best position is 10, but throughout his careers he has been played in both positions to almost the same degree. Mick McCarthy actually stated that LW was by far his best position. This says to me that managers who see him in training day in day out are torn between the two positions for him.
As for where to play him now, I think Cooper has more options at 10 than at LW. The prospect of giving Dhanda or Byers a chance at 10 seems a lot less risky than leaving them out and giving any one of our plethora of wingers a chance on the left.
Maybe it hasn't worked out, but I agree he should have tried it that way first, as it was more likely to work.

As for Fulton. I'd much prefer a less "quality" player with some heart, than someone with the skill and touch, without....(Carroll).

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Play Celina through the middle on 19:08 - Oct 11 with 3146 viewsNortbankboy

That is the idea ,for him to cut in onto his best foot to shoot.
The full backs are supposed to supply the width,but they are not good enough
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024