Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council 13:01 - Oct 29 with 4229 viewsJackfath

I've seen Chubby years ago at the Grand theatre. I wasn't going to go in April. However the council have made a huge statement here banning him. Censoring what the tax payer can/cant see in our City. Clearly we are no longer able to make decisions for ourselves. A very sad day for our city.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/theatre-news/roy-chubby-brown-gig-pulled-

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 13:07 - Oct 29 with 2347 viewsraynor94

Nothing new there, back in the day they banned Life of Brian. Personally can't stand the bloke, but surely it's people's choice

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 13:11 - Oct 29 with 2341 viewsjackal

It may just be hearsay, but I was told that Tom Jones was going to perform here when he first started his career. But the council banned him because of his sexual singing style.

He vowed never to appear here.

Can anyone confirm or deny?
Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 13:19 - Oct 29 with 2317 viewsJackfath

As adults we should be able to make our own choices/decisions, surely? By doing this they've opened the floodgates for every minority group to scrutinise the decisions about them booking shows/acts into the theatre.

What a dreadful time we live in.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 13:20 - Oct 29 with 2316 viewsVincent_Vega

Get Mark Drakeford on the case.

He'll sort them out, He'll sort anything out.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 13:25 - Oct 29 with 2299 viewsLeonWasGod

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 13:11 - Oct 29 by jackal

It may just be hearsay, but I was told that Tom Jones was going to perform here when he first started his career. But the council banned him because of his sexual singing style.

He vowed never to appear here.

Can anyone confirm or deny?

It's not unusal to hear that
Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 14:23 - Oct 29 with 2228 viewsUxbridge

The snowflakery about this is going to be several levels funnier than Chubbs has ever been ...

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 14:50 - Oct 29 with 2177 viewsJackfath

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 14:23 - Oct 29 by Uxbridge

The snowflakery about this is going to be several levels funnier than Chubbs has ever been ...

Who's the snowflake in this instance?

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 15:14 - Oct 29 with 2151 viewsUxbridge

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 14:50 - Oct 29 by Jackfath

Who's the snowflake in this instance?

I'm going to go with Swansea Council in the first place (although him only selling 50 tickets was probably a factor) and then the gammorati on pages such as https://www.facebook.com/SwanseaOnline1/ .

Plenty to keep all of us entertained here. Which is more than anyone can say about Chubby Brown. I did meet him once in a chippy in Cleethorpes before a Swans game at Grimsby about 15 years ago. Nice chap, punching several classes above his weight.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 15:44 - Oct 29 with 2106 viewsCountyJim

Fat C###
Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 16:13 - Oct 29 with 2059 viewsFireboy2

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 15:44 - Oct 29 by CountyJim

Fat C###

That isnt a nice thing to say about the guy in your avatar CJ.
Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 16:18 - Oct 29 with 2046 viewsDarran

I wouldn’t go and see the unfunny prick but what’s changed? He’s sold the place out several times in the past and would have sold it out this time.
Very strange.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 16:41 - Oct 29 with 2025 viewsdickythorpe

A sad day. I'm not a fan but feel sorry for those that wanted to see him.
Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 17:05 - Oct 29 with 1982 viewslifelong

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 16:41 - Oct 29 by dickythorpe

A sad day. I'm not a fan but feel sorry for those that wanted to see him.

All 50 of them. 😂
Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 17:25 - Oct 29 with 1946 viewsdickythorpe

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 17:05 - Oct 29 by lifelong

All 50 of them. 😂

Yes Lifey. You may mock but what a great venue.
Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 17:48 - Oct 29 with 1912 viewsJackfath

The banned show is for April. The tickets sold are people who were planning ahead. He usually sells out.

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 17:52 - Oct 29 with 1895 viewsdickythorpe

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 17:48 - Oct 29 by Jackfath

The banned show is for April. The tickets sold are people who were planning ahead. He usually sells out.

I don't know many comedians these days that don't use the "c" word and use paedophilic references for a cheap laugh......where's the council's values there?
Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 17:54 - Oct 29 with 1887 viewsJackfath

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 16:18 - Oct 29 by Darran

I wouldn’t go and see the unfunny prick but what’s changed? He’s sold the place out several times in the past and would have sold it out this time.
Very strange.

The tenant has changed that's what. Chubby performs there, the tenants move out, a valuable financial contribution is lost to the city.

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 18:03 - Oct 29 with 1869 viewstheloneranger

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 17:54 - Oct 29 by Jackfath

The tenant has changed that's what. Chubby performs there, the tenants move out, a valuable financial contribution is lost to the city.

The council has owned it for 40 years.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 18:12 - Oct 29 with 1851 viewsJackfath

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 18:03 - Oct 29 by theloneranger

The council has owned it for 40 years.

Correct. Have they rented internal space to other agencies for the same amount of time?

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 18:13 - Oct 29 with 1851 viewsbiggar

Crazy decision. The man is a legend.
Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 18:19 - Oct 29 with 1841 viewsBLAZE

Haven't seen much of his comedy and not particularly interested to, but I did catch a documentary on him a few months back and he seemed like a decent chap 🤷‍♂️

Didn't he get a smack whilst taking a walk in Singleton Park a few years back!?
Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 18:22 - Oct 29 with 1819 viewsAndy1300

Swansea council are on a very slippery slope by doing this.

What happened to freedom of choice?

Number 1 team in Wales

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 18:34 - Oct 29 with 1790 viewsNotLoyal

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 18:22 - Oct 29 by Andy1300

Swansea council are on a very slippery slope by doing this.

What happened to freedom of choice?

They have it, you don't.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 18:34 - Oct 29 with 1789 viewstheloneranger

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 18:12 - Oct 29 by Jackfath

Correct. Have they rented internal space to other agencies for the same amount of time?

There's been plenty over that time that have never complained, so it must be someone pretty new, as nobody complained about Jimmy Carr, Jim Davidson etc.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Chubby Brown event banned by Swansea Council on 18:42 - Oct 29 with 1778 viewsSirjohnalot

Can’t stand the bloke, think he’s vile, so my choice is not to see him. Not sure why people who like him shouldn’t be allowed to see him.

Bonkers decision
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024