Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Teen's hand chopped off with axe in 'appalling' attack sparked by road rage row. 10:53 - Oct 21 with 1826 viewstheloneranger

Why wasn't this gang charged with a "Racist" attack, which would have carried heavier sentences??

"The group was organised by Habibur Rahman, 27, who called the victims 'white b@stards' in his 'country', during the brutal assault."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/teens-hand-chopped-axe-appalling-20662959

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Teen's hand chopped off with axe in 'appalling' attack sparked by road rage row. on 12:51 - Oct 21 with 1725 viewsNeath_Jack

I would guess it is because the attack itself wasn't carried out due to the colour of the victims skin, it was due to the initial road rage incident.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Teen's hand chopped off with axe in 'appalling' attack sparked by road rage row. on 13:14 - Oct 21 with 1705 viewsHighjack

Four years for chopping someone’s hand off. He’ll be out before he’s thirty. What sort of justice is that?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Teen's hand chopped off with axe in 'appalling' attack sparked by road rage row. on 13:36 - Oct 21 with 1672 viewsRokerite

Teen's hand chopped off with axe in 'appalling' attack sparked by road rage row. on 12:51 - Oct 21 by Neath_Jack

I would guess it is because the attack itself wasn't carried out due to the colour of the victims skin, it was due to the initial road rage incident.

Do you really believe that if a white gang had carried out such an assault on a group of innocent people of Asian descent while calling them "brown b.......s" the racial element of the crime would have been ignored?
The sentences handed down seem far too short anyway, racial element or not. The crimes were premeditated and horrific. Ten years at least for some of them would barely have been adequate.
Teen's hand chopped off with axe in 'appalling' attack sparked by road rage row. on 13:37 - Oct 21 with 1669 viewsNeath_Jack

Teen's hand chopped off with axe in 'appalling' attack sparked by road rage row. on 13:14 - Oct 21 by Highjack

Four years for chopping someone’s hand off. He’ll be out before he’s thirty. What sort of justice is that?

He had 18 years.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Teen's hand chopped off with axe in 'appalling' attack sparked by road rage row. on 13:40 - Oct 21 with 1660 viewsNeath_Jack

Teen's hand chopped off with axe in 'appalling' attack sparked by road rage row. on 13:36 - Oct 21 by Rokerite

Do you really believe that if a white gang had carried out such an assault on a group of innocent people of Asian descent while calling them "brown b.......s" the racial element of the crime would have been ignored?
The sentences handed down seem far too short anyway, racial element or not. The crimes were premeditated and horrific. Ten years at least for some of them would barely have been adequate.

I've no idea, each and every case is different isn't it?

Some will be racially aggravated, others won't.

The chap with the axe had 18 years by the way.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2019 13:40]

Teen's hand chopped off with axe in 'appalling' attack sparked by road rage row. on 13:40 - Oct 21 with 1657 viewsRokerite

Teen's hand chopped off with axe in 'appalling' attack sparked by road rage row. on 13:37 - Oct 21 by Neath_Jack

He had 18 years.

Well pointed out, I think my reading skills are declining.
Teen's hand chopped off with axe in 'appalling' attack sparked by road rage row. on 06:39 - Oct 22 with 1401 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Teen's hand chopped off with axe in 'appalling' attack sparked by road rage row. on 12:51 - Oct 21 by Neath_Jack

I think 18 years is about right but the charge should have been attempted murder. Anyone who swings an axe at someone's head isn't simply trying to wound them.

As for the others the charges aren't sufficient. A gang of 20 (?) or so blocking in these tree surgeons so they couldn't escape to facilitate this vicious attack should have got far longer. I hope sirJohnalot sees this and comments - would be nice to get his opinion.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Teen's hand chopped off with axe in 'appalling' attack sparked by road rage row. on 07:16 - Oct 22 with 1378 viewsSirjohnalot

Teen's hand chopped off with axe in 'appalling' attack sparked by road rage row. on 06:39 - Oct 22 by Brynmill_Jack

I think 18 years is about right but the charge should have been attempted murder. Anyone who swings an axe at someone's head isn't simply trying to wound them.

As for the others the charges aren't sufficient. A gang of 20 (?) or so blocking in these tree surgeons so they couldn't escape to facilitate this vicious attack should have got far longer. I hope sirJohnalot sees this and comments - would be nice to get his opinion.

Rahman was charged with conspire violent disorder (max 5 years) ABH (max 5 years) he got 4 1/2 which suggests he pleaded on the day of trial with 10
% credit.

Zillur got 3 1/2 for conspire VD.

So the judge gave consecutive sentences to the 1st guy for the two offences. Seems pretty much spot on according to guidelines.

HHJ Potter is the Recorder of Manchester, (the top judge) he’s a very good judge, rarely gets appealed.

18 years a good sentence too. No point running attempted murder as sentence is the same but much harder to prove.
Login to get fewer ads

Teen's hand chopped off with axe in 'appalling' attack sparked by road rage row. on 08:26 - Oct 22 with 1335 viewstheloneranger

Teen's hand chopped off with axe in 'appalling' attack sparked by road rage row. on 07:16 - Oct 22 by Sirjohnalot

Rahman was charged with conspire violent disorder (max 5 years) ABH (max 5 years) he got 4 1/2 which suggests he pleaded on the day of trial with 10
% credit.

Zillur got 3 1/2 for conspire VD.

So the judge gave consecutive sentences to the 1st guy for the two offences. Seems pretty much spot on according to guidelines.

HHJ Potter is the Recorder of Manchester, (the top judge) he’s a very good judge, rarely gets appealed.

18 years a good sentence too. No point running attempted murder as sentence is the same but much harder to prove.

Sajid was acquitted of attempted murder in an earlier trial.

Thanks Sirjohnalot, just a few questions ...

Why wasn't there any charges of a racially motivated crime after Rahman shouted "You white b@stards" prior to the attack??
If I shouted "You black b@stards" aimed at football players (Persons of colour) in a football ground in the UK, wouldn't I be arrested for at least racist abuse??

Why haven't police released a picture of Mohammed Awais Sajid who received 18 years, yet released other pictures??
[Post edited 22 Oct 2019 8:27]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Teen's hand chopped off with axe in 'appalling' attack sparked by road rage row. on 09:42 - Oct 22 with 1294 viewsHighjack

Teen's hand chopped off with axe in 'appalling' attack sparked by road rage row. on 13:37 - Oct 21 by Neath_Jack

He had 18 years.

Whoops serves me right for skim reading.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Teen's hand chopped off with axe in 'appalling' attack sparked by road rage row. on 10:26 - Oct 22 with 1266 viewsLohengrin

He had 18 years.

Probably out in under ten. The young lad is disabled for the rest of his life.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Teen's hand chopped off with axe in 'appalling' attack sparked by road rage row. on 10:34 - Oct 22 with 1257 viewsHighjack

Teen's hand chopped off with axe in 'appalling' attack sparked by road rage row. on 10:26 - Oct 22 by Lohengrin

Probably out in under ten. The young lad is disabled for the rest of his life.

The only benefit I can see is when he has a bit of a tommy it’ll feel like someone else is doing it.

Teen's hand chopped off with axe in 'appalling' attack sparked by road rage row. on 10:41 - Oct 22 with 1243 viewsDarran

Police were initially stumped.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Teen's hand chopped off with axe in 'appalling' attack sparked by road rage row. on 10:51 - Oct 22 with 1230 viewsNotLoyal

The non addition of an aggravating factor is surprising after the words spoken.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Teen's hand chopped off with axe in 'appalling' attack sparked by road rage row. on 14:09 - Oct 22 with 1132 viewsSirjohnalot

Teen's hand chopped off with axe in 'appalling' attack sparked by road rage row. on 08:26 - Oct 22 by theloneranger

Sajid was acquitted of attempted murder in an earlier trial.

Thanks Sirjohnalot, just a few questions ...

Why wasn't there any charges of a racially motivated crime after Rahman shouted "You white b@stards" prior to the attack??
If I shouted "You black b@stards" aimed at football players (Persons of colour) in a football ground in the UK, wouldn't I be arrested for at least racist abuse??

Why haven't police released a picture of Mohammed Awais Sajid who received 18 years, yet released other pictures??
[Post edited 22 Oct 2019 8:27]

I don’t believe there’s a specific racially aggravated s18 offence, however the judge will have incorporated this into his sentence.

Main problem with running that offence is that you have to show that the mindset behind the offence was one of racism, which is why it’s often charged in the alternative to the simple offence. In your example, you’d be charged with eg s4(a) Public Order and the racially aggravated version of the offence. Sot the court could convict you of either, depending on whether they thought the words were used.

Re the picture, may well be simply that the police didn’t send it through in time.
Teen's hand chopped off with axe in 'appalling' attack sparked by road rage row. on 15:55 - Oct 22 with 1072 viewsBryanSwan

I know the main aggressor got 18 years, but it seems mad to me that someone can rally a group to go out and viscously attack anyone and get 4 years.
Will most likely be out in two and will carry on their "gang" operations as they were, whilst the victim has to suffer for the remainder of their life.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Teen's hand chopped off with axe in 'appalling' attack sparked by road rage row. on 07:32 - Oct 24 with 901 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Teen's hand chopped off with axe in 'appalling' attack sparked by road rage row. on 15:55 - Oct 22 by BryanSwan

I know the main aggressor got 18 years, but it seems mad to me that someone can rally a group to go out and viscously attack anyone and get 4 years.
Will most likely be out in two and will carry on their "gang" operations as they were, whilst the victim has to suffer for the remainder of their life.

Well it was holding people against their will whilst someone was trying to cut their head off. 18 years was right but had the others not been there this incident would have been far less severe or maybe not happened at all (the 4 could have escaped). The conspirators should have a longer sentences as they enabled this to happen.

BTW thanks Sir Johnalot

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024