Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter 15:54 - Nov 28 with 7306 viewstheloneranger

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/nov/28/hillsboroug

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 16:02 - Nov 28 with 3751 viewsBadlands

Nice handshake though.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 17:02 - Nov 28 with 3680 viewsmonmouth

What a load of bent establishment cover up shit.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 17:03 - Nov 28 with 3681 viewspencoedjack

I’m well aware that Duckenfield done many things wrong on the day, but football fans in the late 80’s ( of which I was one) were no angels.

Entering of grounds without paying was a regular occurrence, some clubs has a reputation for it more than others.

& I know the majority (& an enquiry) disagree that Hillsborough was the fans fault.
Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 17:07 - Nov 28 with 3677 viewsBadlands

Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 17:03 - Nov 28 by pencoedjack

I’m well aware that Duckenfield done many things wrong on the day, but football fans in the late 80’s ( of which I was one) were no angels.

Entering of grounds without paying was a regular occurrence, some clubs has a reputation for it more than others.

& I know the majority (& an enquiry) disagree that Hillsborough was the fans fault.

Can't understand your final comment after the first 2 paragraphs.
People have been sentenced for this atrocious act of panic except the person in charge.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 17:37 - Nov 28 with 3634 viewsmonmouth

Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 17:07 - Nov 28 by Badlands

People have been sentenced for this atrocious act of panic except the person in charge.

He’s admitted all his lies, cover ups and negligence, but none of that seems to have been referred to in this pathetic legal whitewash.

Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 18:16 - Nov 28 with 3573 viewsbuilthjack

Was it his fault that hundreds, could have been thousands, got into the ground illegally?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 18:17 - Nov 28 with 3568 viewsDarran

Perhaps it’s time to move on.
Never forget but move on.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 18:18 - Nov 28 with 3556 viewsSTID2017

Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 17:03 - Nov 28 by pencoedjack

Rushing the turnstiles, gates, standing areas, etc, is something that continued for a long time (as witnessed with both sides of supporters at Bristol City in February although we are all supposed to be seated we never are, especially away )
What happened in Leppings Lane outsude was awful but fairly common place at that time (we did a similar thing at the Grange End for the famous second replay against Palace). That could have turned out bad for us at Cardiff.
However, for me the early images of fans being not allowed to come onto the playing field and in some cases pushed back is where the authorities culpibility lies.
They should not be allowed to get away with that.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 18:24]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 18:23 - Nov 28 with 3560 viewslifelong

Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 17:02 - Nov 28 by monmouth

What a load of bent establishment cover up shit.

Members of the public have found him not guilty.
Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 18:26 - Nov 28 with 3548 viewsjackharris

My thoughts... All the people who died were innocent victims. Most of which had arrived early to guarantee a good view.
1. The fencing erected to stop hooligans getting onto the pitch. Blame -FOOTBALL HOOLIGANS.
2. The choice of a dilapidated Hillsbrough for this semi-Final! Blame - ENGLISH FA
3. The choice of ends, giving the Hillsbrough Kop end to Forest was a mistake - English FA (and Sheffield Wednesday?)
4. The gates being opened but the middle gate being left open - DAVID DUCKENFIELD
5. Too many fans without tickets trying to get in. Blame - Fans of Liverpool (just look at videos of the 1986 FA Cup Final).

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 18:32 - Nov 28 with 3525 viewsSTID2017

Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 18:26 - Nov 28 by jackharris

My thoughts... All the people who died were innocent victims. Most of which had arrived early to guarantee a good view.
1. The fencing erected to stop hooligans getting onto the pitch. Blame -FOOTBALL HOOLIGANS.
2. The choice of a dilapidated Hillsbrough for this semi-Final! Blame - ENGLISH FA
3. The choice of ends, giving the Hillsbrough Kop end to Forest was a mistake - English FA (and Sheffield Wednesday?)
4. The gates being opened but the middle gate being left open - DAVID DUCKENFIELD
5. Too many fans without tickets trying to get in. Blame - Fans of Liverpool (just look at videos of the 1986 FA Cup Final).

I know it is easy in hindsight, but this season at Sheff Wed I had to show my ticket just to get near the ground.
Also seem to remember the Swans doing a similar thing when we were in the old First Division, especially for the biggest games?
Why hasn't this always been the norm, especially for sold out games ?

Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 18:37 - Nov 28 with 3526 viewsNotLoyal

Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 17:07 - Nov 28 by Badlands

The desire for scapegoats in the UK is shocking.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 18:38 - Nov 28 with 3523 viewsploppy

Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 17:37 - Nov 28 by monmouth

He’s admitted all his lies, cover ups and negligence, but none of that seems to have been referred to in this pathetic legal whitewash.

So are we saying the jury of ordinary people, who heard all the evidence and presumably have no axe to grind, have come to the wrong verdict? It's always possible to disagree with the verdict of a jury in any trial, but you can't say they're wrong.
Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 18:40 - Nov 28 with 3515 viewsNotLoyal

Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 18:38 - Nov 28 by ploppy

So are we saying the jury of ordinary people, who heard all the evidence and presumably have no axe to grind, have come to the wrong verdict? It's always possible to disagree with the verdict of a jury in any trial, but you can't say they're wrong.

I think that's what he's, saying.

OK I've changed it.

Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 18:40 - Nov 28 with 3513 viewsbuilthjack

Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 18:26 - Nov 28 by jackharris

5. Is that allowed?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 18:43 - Nov 28 with 3505 viewsHumpty

Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 18:16 - Nov 28 by builthjack

Was it his fault that hundreds, could have been thousands, got into the ground illegally?

Every inquiry, inquest etc. we've had into Hillsborough has stated there is no evidence of this happening.

How come you know better?
Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 18:43 - Nov 28 with 3495 viewsSTID2017

Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 18:40 - Nov 28 by builthjack

5. Is that allowed?

I refer you again to Swans v Palace , Cardiff

Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 18:44 - Nov 28 with 3505 viewsmonmouth

Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 18:38 - Nov 28 by ploppy

No, I’m saying they were not allowed to hear all the facts that had previously been accepted as true by Duckenfield. The law allowed him to change his story and his lawyer to reinvent history. All of that was legally acceptable. It was rigged in his favour. The judge was also on his side.

Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 18:45 - Nov 28 with 3499 viewsmonmouth

Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 18:43 - Nov 28 by Humpty

Every inquiry, inquest etc. we've had into Hillsborough has stated there is no evidence of this happening.

How come you know better?

There is however evidence of him ordering opening the gate and forcing people down the tunnel.

Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 18:48 - Nov 28 with 3486 viewsNotLoyal

Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 18:45 - Nov 28 by monmouth

There is however evidence of him ordering opening the gate and forcing people down the tunnel.

Hindsight though, he didn't do it to kill people?

OK I've changed it.

Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 18:49 - Nov 28 with 3483 viewsmonmouth

Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 18:48 - Nov 28 by NotLoyal

Hindsight though, he didn't do it to kill people?

That’s why he was on trial for manslaughter, not murder.

Ps I’m no lover of scouse football fans. I saw close up exactly what some of their nature was in 1981 and their scummy cops. We could have suffered the same fate that day at Anfield. This was not justice though. If the jury had heard all the history of facts accepted and agreed by Duckenfield previously and found him NG, then fair enough. But that is not what happened here. It’s as if every single truth that has emerged in the last 30 years was disregarded and we were starting again with him blaming the fans and denying he lied.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2019 18:54]

Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 18:52 - Nov 28 with 3470 viewsHumpty

Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 18:45 - Nov 28 by monmouth

And then lying about it, claiming LFC fans had broken the gates down whereas in reality he had ordered them to be opened.
Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 18:55 - Nov 28 with 3466 viewsOldjack

he had access to cameras and radios showing what was happening at the time ,had he used his powers to use what was clearly available to him ,there would have been no crushing .Pens either side were half empty
Did I mention some police altering their statements after the events

No question in my mind he was responsible for those deaths

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 18:57 - Nov 28 with 3455 viewssainthelens

Police altering statements?
Lot of it about it seems .
Hillsborough: David Duckenfield found not guilty of manslaughter on 18:58 - Nov 28 with 3450 viewsNeath_Jack

I'd like to say I'm surprised but I'm not.

Those poor families, will never get the justice they deserve.

But still we have people trying to blame the fans.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024