Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keir Starmer today 14:02 - Mar 6 with 3358 viewsSullutaCreturned

Good to see him really on the offensive, having a proper go at the tories.

I know some will disagree but for me he should have been doing it for months, in politics, why not kick the oppo when they are down?

In his own words "what is the point of a party that is out of touch, oit of ideas and nearly out of road"
Keir Starmer today on 14:03 - Mar 6 with 1377 viewsonehunglow

Who exactly are he “ working people” he has mentioned seven times so far ?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Keir Starmer today on 18:31 - Mar 6 with 1300 viewsbuilthjack

Keir hasn’t needed to say much. The Tories have been shooting themselves in the foot and running the country into decline for years. The public can see that.
He is a clever guy who will do his talking at the right time.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Keir Starmer today on 18:45 - Mar 6 with 1291 viewsshingle

He always has a go at them but then goes quiet or is not sure what to say when asked what would he do.
Keir Starmer today on 19:24 - Mar 6 with 1251 viewsKilkennyjack

Keir Starmer today on 14:03 - Mar 6 by onehunglow

Who exactly are he “ working people” he has mentioned seven times so far ?

The people who have to work for a living.

Like us lot !

Beware of the Risen People

Keir Starmer today on 19:46 - Mar 6 with 1242 viewsBoundy

Keir Starmer today on 18:45 - Mar 6 by shingle

He always has a go at them but then goes quiet or is not sure what to say when asked what would he do.

Mr flip flop I'm afraid ,yes we will ,perhaps not policies

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Keir Starmer today on 20:04 - Mar 6 with 1234 viewsonehunglow

Keir Starmer today on 19:24 - Mar 6 by Kilkennyjack

Like us lot !

Barristers,solicitors,accountants ,hedge fund managers,All work

Keir Starmer today on 20:45 - Mar 6 with 1211 viewsWhiterockin

Keir Starmer today on 19:24 - Mar 6 by Kilkennyjack

Like us lot !

I'd wager that a large percentage of posters on here no longer work. Are they not in Starmers plans.
Keir Starmer today on 22:27 - Mar 6 with 1150 viewsmajorraglan

There’s an article in the Telegraph praising the way Labour reacted to the budget, which was basically saying nothing because they don’t need to and letting the press, public and conservatives themselves tear lumps out of Hunt.
The Telegraph also noted that Hunt had introduced a Labour policy which he and other Conservatives had previously dissed. (Non doms). The Telegraph also noted the lack of an OBR appraisal. I
Login to get fewer ads

Keir Starmer today on 22:46 - Mar 6 with 1139 viewsKilkennyjack

Keir Starmer today on 20:45 - Mar 6 by Whiterockin

I'd wager that a large percentage of posters on here no longer work. Are they not in Starmers plans.

How do you know that ?

Beware of the Risen People

Keir Starmer today on 06:19 - Mar 7 with 1104 viewsWhiterockin

Keir Starmer today on 22:46 - Mar 6 by Kilkennyjack

How do you know that ?

Which.

There are a large percentage of posters on here that no longer work, yes there are by reading the posts by individuals.

As they are not the "working people" he continues to talk about, it is fair to ask are they in his plans. There seems to be no mention of his plans for pensioners which many on here are and some will be in the life of the next parliament.

Yesterday's budget was detrimental to the older generation, by cutting national insurance and not the tax rate and not raising thresholds. What will a Labour government do to rectify this.
Keir Starmer today on 07:30 - Mar 7 with 1085 viewsSullutaCreturned

Keir Starmer today on 06:19 - Mar 7 by Whiterockin

Which.

There are a large percentage of posters on here that no longer work, yes there are by reading the posts by individuals.

As they are not the "working people" he continues to talk about, it is fair to ask are they in his plans. There seems to be no mention of his plans for pensioners which many on here are and some will be in the life of the next parliament.

Yesterday's budget was detrimental to the older generation, by cutting national insurance and not the tax rate and not raising thresholds. What will a Labour government do to rectify this.

I've got 11 years til retirement, hefully Labour has done something by then!

The state pension will rise though, 8.5% wasn't it, 221 per week. Not a massive amount but if you have an occy pension you may be ok.
Keir Starmer today on 09:25 - Mar 7 with 1052 viewsWhiterockin

Keir Starmer today on 07:30 - Mar 7 by SullutaCreturned

I've got 11 years til retirement, hefully Labour has done something by then!

The state pension will rise though, 8.5% wasn't it, 221 per week. Not a massive amount but if you have an occy pension you may be ok.

It may rise by 8.5% but 8.5 million will pay 20% tax on that because the thresholds have not risen. Why was the 2% not taken off income tax.
Keir Starmer today on 09:32 - Mar 7 with 1050 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Keir Starmer today on 09:25 - Mar 7 by Whiterockin

It may rise by 8.5% but 8.5 million will pay 20% tax on that because the thresholds have not risen. Why was the 2% not taken off income tax.

Because the economy is in such a poor state that the country can’t afford it. We really can’t afford the NI cut either but it’s an electoral bribe. It costs almost double to cut income tax than to cut NI.
Keir Starmer today on 09:48 - Mar 7 with 1034 viewsonehunglow

Last night Rachel Reeves came up with working people six times in a brief interview
Who are working people?
It’s a rhetorical question and one that politicians use to BS.

Even professional criminals “ work” but they are not “ working people”

We need to end this labelling

Keir Starmer today on 10:27 - Mar 7 with 1026 viewsWhiterockin

Keir Starmer today on 09:48 - Mar 7 by onehunglow

Last night Rachel Reeves came up with working people six times in a brief interview
Who are working people?
It’s a rhetorical question and one that politicians use to BS.

Even professional criminals “ work” but they are not “ working people”

We need to end this labelling

This is my point are they only interested in working people.
Keir Starmer today on 10:33 - Mar 7 with 1020 viewsonehunglow

Keir Starmer today on 10:27 - Mar 7 by Whiterockin

This is my point are they only interested in working people.

But they use the term to label,brand,stigmatise and patronise
Professional people are NOT refers to as such. Politicians do not refer to themselves as such.
Would a barrister refer to himself as “ working class” or one of the working people .
Similar with a doctor

It is utter shite and grinds my gears .

Many “ working people” are simply sloths relying on real working people to keep them and their families

Keir Starmer today on 06:25 - Mar 8 with 939 viewsWhiterockin

Keir Starmer today on 09:25 - Mar 7 by Whiterockin

Good to sae the british press including the Labour backed Mirror are now highlighting this, still no comment from Starmer.
Keir Starmer today on 09:44 - Mar 8 with 896 viewsGixerJack

The way things are going, future generations won’t be able to afford to retire
Keir Starmer today on 10:11 - Mar 8 with 882 viewsWhiterockin

Keir Starmer today on 09:44 - Mar 8 by GixerJack

The way things are going, future generations won’t be able to afford to retire

Thats a fair point. But with the budget change costing 8.5 million pensioners £1,000 a year and all those pensioners obviously of voting age, you would think Starmer would say something. Or is he getting complacent.
Keir Starmer today on 21:52 - Mar 8 with 784 viewsmajorraglan

Keir Starmer today on 10:11 - Mar 8 by Whiterockin

Thats a fair point. But with the budget change costing 8.5 million pensioners £1,000 a year and all those pensioners obviously of voting age, you would think Starmer would say something. Or is he getting complacent.

Starmer is doing the sensible thing, saying nothing and letting the press, pensioners and Conservative MP’s criticise the Chancellor and rip the budget apart. Why does he need to unnecessarily alienate himself to a huge group of the electorate when he has no power to affect the outcome? The Telegraph recently “praised” the way Starmer and Labour’s response to the budget - which was to say very little!!

The reduction in NI is less expensive than a similar reduction in tax would be, and with pensioners getting anything between a £690 and £900 rise depending on what pension they are on they’ve not done too badly since ver the last few years, I’d argue better than many people who work. Hunt has maintained the triple lock, but what he’s given in one had he’s taken away in the other with the freezing of the tax threshold and the reduction in NI which won’t impact unless the pensioner still works.

Working needs to be made to pay and we need to encourage people to work because they pay for everything and we can’t have a situation where people are better off on benefits than in work. As the reduction in NI will only apply to those who work it may encourage people to take employment, but at the bottom end the benefits of the 2p cut aren’t great.
Keir Starmer today on 22:13 - Mar 8 with 758 viewsWhiterockin

Keir Starmer today on 21:52 - Mar 8 by majorraglan

Starmer is doing the sensible thing, saying nothing and letting the press, pensioners and Conservative MP’s criticise the Chancellor and rip the budget apart. Why does he need to unnecessarily alienate himself to a huge group of the electorate when he has no power to affect the outcome? The Telegraph recently “praised” the way Starmer and Labour’s response to the budget - which was to say very little!!

The reduction in NI is less expensive than a similar reduction in tax would be, and with pensioners getting anything between a £690 and £900 rise depending on what pension they are on they’ve not done too badly since ver the last few years, I’d argue better than many people who work. Hunt has maintained the triple lock, but what he’s given in one had he’s taken away in the other with the freezing of the tax threshold and the reduction in NI which won’t impact unless the pensioner still works.

Working needs to be made to pay and we need to encourage people to work because they pay for everything and we can’t have a situation where people are better off on benefits than in work. As the reduction in NI will only apply to those who work it may encourage people to take employment, but at the bottom end the benefits of the 2p cut aren’t great.

"Hunt has maintained the triple lock, but what he’s given in one had he’s taken away in the other with the freezing of the tax threshold and the reduction in NI which won’t impact unless the pensioner still works."

It impacts the majority of pensioners who have private pensions.
Keir Starmer today on 22:23 - Mar 8 with 732 viewsJumpingJackFlash

Pensioners don't pay NI on earnings. They become exempt when they reach state pension age.
Keir Starmer today on 22:31 - Mar 8 with 714 viewsWhiterockin

Keir Starmer today on 22:23 - Mar 8 by JumpingJackFlash

Pensioners don't pay NI on earnings. They become exempt when they reach state pension age.

Exactly so the 2% cut means nothing while we pay 20% tax on the pension increase. This is the point.
Keir Starmer today on 09:26 - Mar 9 with 628 viewscontroversial_jack

Keir Starmer today on 22:31 - Mar 8 by Whiterockin

Exactly so the 2% cut means nothing while we pay 20% tax on the pension increase. This is the point.

State pension alone, doesn't reach the threshold for paying income tax. Tax, is calculated on your income combined
Keir Starmer today on 10:13 - Mar 9 with 603 viewsJumpingJackFlash

From April I’ll be paying a small amount of income tax on my state pension alone.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024