Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sports personality of the year(UK) 19:26 - Dec 13 with 3504 viewsmagicdaps10

If they give it to Emma Radacanu, in years to come people will be saying WTF.

1/20 in some places 🤣

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 21:11 - Dec 13 with 1839 viewsunion_jack

Well to be fair she has achieved a hell of an accomplishment in this year, which is what it about.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 21:51 - Dec 13 with 1799 views73__73

About time spoty was scrapped. Well past its sell by date.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 07:39 - Dec 14 with 1699 viewswestisbest

Raducanu is the first British woman to win a grand slam title since Virginia Wade’s Wimbledon victory in 1977. She is the first qualifier, man or woman, to win a grand slam title. At 18, she is the youngest grand slam champion since Maria Sharapova in 2004.

TO REPEAT - SHE IS THE ONLY TENNIS PLAYER IN HISTORY TO WIN ONE OF THE 4 TENNIS GRAND SLAM TOURNAMENTS HAVING GONE THROUGH QUALIFYING. TO DO THIS SHE HAD TO GO THROUGH 10 ROUNDS.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2021 7:45]
Sports personality of the year(UK) on 07:45 - Dec 14 with 1696 viewsmagicdaps10

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 07:39 - Dec 14 by westisbest

Raducanu is the first British woman to win a grand slam title since Virginia Wade’s Wimbledon victory in 1977. She is the first qualifier, man or woman, to win a grand slam title. At 18, she is the youngest grand slam champion since Maria Sharapova in 2004.

TO REPEAT - SHE IS THE ONLY TENNIS PLAYER IN HISTORY TO WIN ONE OF THE 4 TENNIS GRAND SLAM TOURNAMENTS HAVING GONE THROUGH QUALIFYING. TO DO THIS SHE HAD TO GO THROUGH 10 ROUNDS.

Not saying she doesn't deserve it but I think it would be looked back and the question "who?" would be mentioned alot.

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 08:13 - Dec 14 with 1661 viewsScotia

She won a tournament, which was a hell of an achievement.

It doesn't come close to the achievements of Adam Peaty, Sarah Storey or Tyson Fury though.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2021 9:16]
Sports personality of the year(UK) on 09:12 - Dec 14 with 1630 viewspikeypaul

Thank god I never watch the BBC

I bet all the leftie luvvies that run the the propaganda station are loving the fact a non white woman born in Canada to Romanian and Chinese immigrants is 1/20 to win British sports person of the year

😂😂😂

A young girl wins some tennis matches over a few weeks when 1/2 of the top players are missing, compare that to say someone like Alun Wyn Jones playing 149 games for Wales and 12 games for the Lions in the 2nd row, over something like 17 years , the whole BS award is comical.

[Post edited 14 Dec 2021 9:21]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 10:15 - Dec 14 with 1591 viewsBest_loser

She will win it and she deserves to , winning the us open is massive and tennis is a huge world sport , even if she never wins anything again that can't be taken away from her
Sports personality of the year(UK) on 10:41 - Dec 14 with 1566 viewsCatullus

Why are people comparing this to things people have done over a decade or more? Do thy not understand the title "SPOTY" makes it about things done in the year the prize is awarded?

Can anyone think of a greater sporting achievement this year?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 10:46 - Dec 14 with 1559 viewsonehunglow

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 10:41 - Dec 14 by Catullus

Why are people comparing this to things people have done over a decade or more? Do thy not understand the title "SPOTY" makes it about things done in the year the prize is awarded?

if we are talking "personality" then there is only one here and that is Kevin Sinfield.
Ok he is retired but thoroughly BRITISH ,and achievements peak for themselves.
Rugby League is unfashionable especially to southern media .

Sinfield will,if there is any justice,get a knighthood

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 11:06 - Dec 14 with 1550 viewsmagicdaps10

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 10:46 - Dec 14 by onehunglow

if we are talking "personality" then there is only one here and that is Kevin Sinfield.

Agree with you on this one, good call.

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 11:10 - Dec 14 with 1546 viewsonehunglow

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 11:06 - Dec 14 by magicdaps10

Agree with you on this one, good call.

I d like to ask readers to support Sir Kev in his aim of raising money to fight MN.
Ive not met Kevin but know people who have.He is what you see;no BS,straightforward,northern lad made of steel but a heart of gold.

Frankly,I get rather over emotional over this so that's me out

If people want,support Doddie Weir Fund

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 12:24 - Dec 14 with 1527 viewsbuilthjack

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 09:12 - Dec 14 by pikeypaul

Thank god I never watch the BBC

I bet all the leftie luvvies that run the the propaganda station are loving the fact a non white woman born in Canada to Romanian and Chinese immigrants is 1/20 to win British sports person of the year

😂😂😂

A young girl wins some tennis matches over a few weeks when 1/2 of the top players are missing, compare that to say someone like Alun Wyn Jones playing 149 games for Wales and 12 games for the Lions in the 2nd row, over something like 17 years , the whole BS award is comical.

[Post edited 14 Dec 2021 9:21]

It's a 2021 award not 2007-2021.
AWJ hasn't done much this year. Good career though.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 12:35 - Dec 14 with 1523 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 10:41 - Dec 14 by Catullus

Tom Daley has a real chance to win for his incredible success with spectacular and well executed diving, but he faces stiff competition from Raheem Sterling.
Sports personality of the year(UK) on 13:04 - Dec 14 with 1499 viewsDr_Parnassus

Hmmm bit of an asterisk next to it though, let’s be fair.

It was also the first Grand Slam decimated by a global pandemic making a lot of big guns withdraw or not be able to compete.

She won it without facing a top 10 player.

A bit like Wales winning the Euros when the top seeds withdraw allowing us to face teams outside the worlds top 10-20.

Yes it would still be a good achievement but there is certainly a bit of context required when comparing it to the achievement that would have been without such circumstances.

However I think I would still give it to her, it’s between her and Tyson Fury for me. But of course she will win it.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 14:06 - Dec 14 with 1476 viewsCatullus

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 10:46 - Dec 14 by onehunglow

Kevin Sinfield has done incredible things and deserves all praise and recognition but it was done for a charitable cause and not in a sporting sense.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 14:15 - Dec 14 with 1466 viewsonehunglow

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 14:06 - Dec 14 by Catullus

Kevin Sinfield has done incredible things and deserves all praise and recognition but it was done for a charitable cause and not in a sporting sense.

But it involves SPORTSPEOPLE and this is about Sport PERSONALITY.

If you want personality and in a sporting context then no doubt Sinfield qualifies.

He is still involved in Professional sport

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 15:00 - Dec 14 with 1457 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 14:15 - Dec 14 by onehunglow

If you want personality and in a sporting context then no doubt Sinfield qualifies.

It’s obviously not about personality because Andy Murray won it three times and he hasn’t got one.
Sports personality of the year(UK) on 16:24 - Dec 14 with 1429 viewsCatullus

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 14:15 - Dec 14 by onehunglow

he is still involved yes but SPOTY is given primarily for sporting achievements, not for charitable works alone.

Sinfield should be getting an upgrade to his OBE for what he's done but his massive money raising efforts are not sporting achievements.

Maybe SPOTY can give him a special award to recognise what he's done.

Its moot to me anyway, don't know why I'm bothering. SPOTY has been a farce for years.

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 16:31 - Dec 14 with 1424 viewsonehunglow

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 16:24 - Dec 14 by Catullus

he is still involved yes but SPOTY is given primarily for sporting achievements, not for charitable works alone.

Sinfield should be getting an upgrade to his OBE for what he's done but his massive money raising efforts are not sporting achievements.

Maybe SPOTY can give him a special award to recognise what he's done.

Its moot to me anyway, don't know why I'm bothering. SPOTY has been a farce for years.

Good riposte but primarily is the key word

Semantics maybe

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 18:22 - Dec 14 with 1383 viewsshingle

Radacanu produced a truly great British sporting achievement and as a sporting achievement is head and shoulders above the others, if they go down the personality route then probably Fury wins, saying that he is not a big fan of this and may refuse to accept the award anyway.
Sports personality of the year(UK) on 18:34 - Dec 14 with 1379 viewsbritferry

its a well out-dated tedious show, the lowest point was when they gave it to Beckham for doing nothing in that calendar year

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 18:43 - Dec 14 with 1374 viewsmax936

I couldn't give a monkeys chuff who wins it myself, but i really enjoyed our Welsh version last week, it was excellent and superbly put together and well presented and it was a brilliant achievement by Lauren Price and thoroughly well deserved, as much as I dislike Women's Boxing.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2021 18:51]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 18:48 - Dec 14 with 1369 viewsshingle

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 13:04 - Dec 14 by Dr_Parnassus

Hmmm bit of an asterisk next to it though, let’s be fair.

It was also the first Grand Slam decimated by a global pandemic making a lot of big guns withdraw or not be able to compete.

She won it without facing a top 10 player.

A bit like Wales winning the Euros when the top seeds withdraw allowing us to face teams outside the worlds top 10-20.

Yes it would still be a good achievement but there is certainly a bit of context required when comparing it to the achievement that would have been without such circumstances.

However I think I would still give it to her, it’s between her and Tyson Fury for me. But of course she will win it.

A teenager goes through as a qualifier then goes on to win the USA grand slam and you pick holes saying many pulled out, why then not mention the worlds top 4 ranked players were there Ashlleigh Barty the worlds no 1 player was there, you will always have a couple who pull out in any sport due to whatever circumstances but you really are nit picking here unless of course you are a little confused thinking high profile players like Serena Williams who pulled out are still at the top, if so maybe you need to catch up on the sport a little.
Sports personality of the year(UK) on 19:01 - Dec 14 with 1352 viewsshingle

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 18:43 - Dec 14 by max936

I couldn't give a monkeys chuff who wins it myself, but i really enjoyed our Welsh version last week, it was excellent and superbly put together and well presented and it was a brilliant achievement by Lauren Price and thoroughly well deserved, as much as I dislike Women's Boxing.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2021 18:51]

Thing is at that weight class there are only about 200 registered woman amateur fighters world wide so is it really that much of an achievement, i guess it is a gold medal at the end of the day and she can not help the lack of competition available.
Sports personality of the year(UK) on 20:30 - Dec 14 with 1323 viewsDr_Parnassus

Sports personality of the year(UK) on 18:48 - Dec 14 by shingle

A teenager goes through as a qualifier then goes on to win the USA grand slam and you pick holes saying many pulled out, why then not mention the worlds top 4 ranked players were there Ashlleigh Barty the worlds no 1 player was there, you will always have a couple who pull out in any sport due to whatever circumstances but you really are nit picking here unless of course you are a little confused thinking high profile players like Serena Williams who pulled out are still at the top, if so maybe you need to catch up on the sport a little.

I'm not picking holes, just stating what happened.

It would be silly to pretend it was a normal tournament, it wasn't, it was one heavily affected by Covid allowing something like this to happen. She still had to win the matches, but they were a damn sight easier matches than they would have been otherwise.

As I have said many times, lots of people only watch the big tournaments. Those of us in the industry watch all year round, she's a decent player, no more than that. Completely incapable of winning a Slam under normal circumstances.

I am the head of tennis for a global multi-billion dollar financial institution, I think I am well versed on the game personally, but cheers

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024