Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whose money is it anyway? 23:01 - Aug 21 with 2348 viewsPhil_S

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/blogs/6

This post has been edited by an administrator
Whose money is it anyway? on 09:51 - Aug 22 with 1976 viewsDarran

Interesting blog.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Whose money is it anyway? on 09:57 - Aug 22 with 1948 viewsMattG

It still doesn't work. Fair play, this new site really sucks goat ass.
Whose money is it anyway? on 09:58 - Aug 22 with 1942 viewsGowerjack

Cool story Bro!

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Whose money is it anyway? on 10:00 - Aug 22 with 1926 viewsDarran

Whose money is it anyway? on 09:57 - Aug 22 by MattG

It still doesn't work. Fair play, this new site really sucks goat ass.

Its working for me?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Whose money is it anyway? on 10:01 - Aug 22 with 1919 viewsMattG

Whose money is it anyway? on 10:00 - Aug 22 by Darran

Its working for me?

All I get is a load of adverts and "Please report offensive, libellous or inappropriate posts by using the links provided."

The same as someone else mentioned earlier before you deleted their post.
Whose money is it anyway? on 10:03 - Aug 22 with 1905 viewsSwansNZ

Whose money is it anyway? on 10:01 - Aug 22 by MattG

All I get is a load of adverts and "Please report offensive, libellous or inappropriate posts by using the links provided."

The same as someone else mentioned earlier before you deleted their post.

Same for me, someone deleted my earlier post

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Whose money is it anyway? on 10:07 - Aug 22 with 1881 viewsSwanzay

Link as others have mentions just gives a sentence about reporting abusing behaviour.

Has to be said, this fansnetwork is shite. No wonder its so quiet on here. I actually spend more time on other Swans sites than I do here these days.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2013 10:19]
Whose money is it anyway? on 10:08 - Aug 22 with 1881 viewsUxbridge

Not visible here either. Probably for the best

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Login to get fewer ads

Whose money is it anyway? on 10:17 - Aug 22 with 1835 viewsOldjack

[quote] Same for me, someone deleted my earlier post

same here ,that tw*t Tea bag is my guess

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Whose money is it anyway? on 10:19 - Aug 22 with 1825 viewsMattG

Whose money is it anyway? on 10:07 - Aug 22 by Swanzay

Link as others have mentions just gives a sentence about reporting abusing behaviour.

Has to be said, this fansnetwork is shite. No wonder its so quiet on here. I actually spend more time on other Swans sites than I do here these days.

I have a sneaking suspicion that my Employer might have been behind the switch as part of a crafty plan to actually get me to do a fair day's work for a fair day's pay.

So far, it's been working.
Whose money is it anyway? on 10:24 - Aug 22 with 1803 viewsPhil_S

Fixed - mistake my end but hey keep the moaning coming it makes for interesting reading
Whose money is it anyway? on 10:34 - Aug 22 with 1781 viewsOldjack

Whose money is it anyway? on 10:24 - Aug 22 by Phil_S

Fixed - mistake my end but hey keep the moaning coming it makes for interesting reading

we did but your laccy keeps on deleting them ,have a word mosh

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Whose money is it anyway? on 10:48 - Aug 22 with 1728 viewsOldjack

Whose money is it anyway? on 10:08 - Aug 22 by Uxbridge

Not visible here either. Probably for the best

interesting article

Whose money is it anyway? on 15:03 - Aug 22 with 1506 viewspierre91

...excellent, well written and thoughtful article. Thank you.
Whose money is it anyway? on 15:16 - Aug 22 with 1467 viewswaynekerr55

Whose money is it anyway? on 15:03 - Aug 22 by pierre91

...excellent, well written and thoughtful article. Thank you.

Agreed - I do think the commercial side does need looking at, but as a wise man once said:

"Rome was not built in a day"

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Whose money is it anyway? on 15:21 - Aug 22 with 1456 viewsmonmouth

I only see a real conflict (and Ux is prodding at this) if the Board line their own pockets and the fans see no benefit other than in the Trust's coffers. There need to be some gestures that clearly benefit the fans....preferably to the value of the dividends....whether that is in reduced prices or something else I have no idea. I think Dr WoB called it a fans dividend.

Then any issue with the Board taking a dividend vanishes as, irrespective of their initial investment which is now irrelevant, their current investment (value of shares) is significant and invested anywhere else it would earn them a return. The quid pro quo though is this extra element of visibly doing something extra and different for the supporters, that clearly marks us out as a fans, not an owners, club. This to me, in my ivory tower, is what has been missing with this £2m shenanigans.....and the lack of transparency over the 'extra' million, which is certainly not how we should be operating, whatever the accounting niceties.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Whose money is it anyway? on 15:22 - Aug 22 with 1449 viewsPozuelosSideys

It's a question of transparency for me more than anything else.

One of the reasons the Trust are held with such esteem amongst the general fanbase is that they're seen as a balance to the Board. They give the fans an insight as to what is going on behind closed doors (within reason of course), something most other clubs do not have. Individuals as fans had a voice, but that seems to be waning. The club mantra seems to be slowly eroding away and we are turning into any other organisation whereby the fans complain that their clubs 'no longer belong to them'.

A bit drama queen maybe, but ask enough people and the first rumblings of discontent are there. I suppose that's what happens in a £100m business with a multi-billion headcount audience. Money talks.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Whose money is it anyway? on 15:38 - Aug 22 with 1412 viewsUxbridge

Whose money is it anyway? on 15:21 - Aug 22 by monmouth

I only see a real conflict (and Ux is prodding at this) if the Board line their own pockets and the fans see no benefit other than in the Trust's coffers. There need to be some gestures that clearly benefit the fans....preferably to the value of the dividends....whether that is in reduced prices or something else I have no idea. I think Dr WoB called it a fans dividend.

Then any issue with the Board taking a dividend vanishes as, irrespective of their initial investment which is now irrelevant, their current investment (value of shares) is significant and invested anywhere else it would earn them a return. The quid pro quo though is this extra element of visibly doing something extra and different for the supporters, that clearly marks us out as a fans, not an owners, club. This to me, in my ivory tower, is what has been missing with this £2m shenanigans.....and the lack of transparency over the 'extra' million, which is certainly not how we should be operating, whatever the accounting niceties.

It's not even an issue of accountancy though, it's flat out lack of communication. It's been two weeks since the Trust newsletter was sent out so given writing and printing lead times we can extrapolate that this was done several weeks ago at least.

As you say I kind of alluded to the lack of benefit provided to the fans and the increasing lack of communication between club and fans on some issues, but to be honest the piece was spiralling wildly out of control so I tried to keep a relatively narrow focus. It's long enough as it is, and if I'd dipped into topics such as the club's ownership structure or whether the club are acting with due consideration to the fans then I suspect the site would struggle with the bandwidth!

Oh and cheers everyone for the kind comments.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Whose money is it anyway? on 16:28 - Aug 22 with 1373 viewsDr_Winston

Whose money is it anyway? on 15:16 - Aug 22 by waynekerr55

Agreed - I do think the commercial side does need looking at, but as a wise man once said:

"Rome was not built in a day"

I would imagine that they managed to knock up a significant chunk of it within ten years though.

The commercial/ticketing side is still often "chaotic" to use a charitable turn of phrase. Plus ticket prices are far too high for a club purportedly running as a fans haven. I don't doubt that he does a lot of good work, but the current fans director strikes me as being a bit too close to the management of the club. When stuff happens that fans don't like, it's his job to put a voice to that, not have a go at peoples criticisms.

Still plenty of room for improvement.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Whose money is it anyway? on 17:07 - Aug 22 with 1325 viewsBaker

"Plus ticket prices are far too high for a club purportedly running as a fans haven"

I hear this a lot - I reckon the ticket pricing is spot-on down here

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024