Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ok, watching the big game... 19:14 - Sep 16 with 5724 viewsreddythered

And your Joseph Jones and keeper have just made two good blocks to keep you in it :p

[Post edited 16 Sep 2013 19:15]

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Ok, watching the big game... on 19:38 - Sep 16 with 5676 viewsreddythered

Been all us, as expected from the lineups.

You've come back into it after 30 minutes of hoofing it, Gorre nice run, nutmegged our right back, hit underside of bar.

So far none of our first teamers are hammering on Malky's door based on this.

Of your lot, like the look of Tancock, but seems a few years away from first team contention. Donnelly is playing like a donkey.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Ok, watching the big game... on 19:48 - Sep 16 with 5650 viewsreddythered

Donnelly just over the bar with a bicycle kick.

You're a lot more physical, niggly and direct than I expected, tho suspect that's more down to O'Leary. Not a great game. You've defended decently, had 2-3 chances whilst we've dominated possession - not exactly what I thought would happen.

Ok, watching the big game... on 19:54 - Sep 16 with 5619 viewsreddythered

Lineups :-

Cardiff

Moore, Coulson, John, Wharton, Lappin, Oshilaja (C), Noone, Mutch, Healey, O'Sullivan, Harris.

Subs: Owen, Matthews (GK), Yorwerth, Williams, Bowen.

Haven't seen your full lineup, but I've put the names I've heard...

Zabret, Tancock, Joseph Jones, Shepherd, Alfei, Scott, Lucas, Gogic, Donnelly, Gorre, Loveridge.

Dunno your subs.

Ok, watching the big game... on 20:12 - Sep 16 with 5599 viewsreddythered

Gorre just hit the bar. You're getting some good chances at times.

Ok, watching the big game... on 20:15 - Sep 16 with 5589 viewsreddythered

Overhead kick by Rhys Healey just wide for us. Game heating up a bit.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2013 20:18]

Ok, watching the big game... on 20:16 - Sep 16 with 5583 viewsreddythered

Jones booked for barging Harris down just by the penalty area. Resulting play, one of your guys headed off line.

Ok, watching the big game... on 20:22 - Sep 16 with 5565 viewsreddythered

1-0.

Coulson given way too much space to run down the right, good cross over the heads of those in the centre, for Kadeem Harris to volley in.

Ok, watching the big game... on 20:22 - Sep 16 with 5558 viewsreddythered

Meade on for Loveridge.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2013 20:25]

Login to get fewer ads

Ok, watching the big game... on 20:30 - Sep 16 with 5547 viewsreddythered

Kadeem Harris off, Kane Owen on. Another good game by Harris, he'll feature in the first team within a few years.

Owen's a left back, so Declan John wide left where he used to play. Alfei is really struggling to deal with Harris or John.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2013 20:34]

Ok, watching the big game... on 20:39 - Sep 16 with 5535 viewsreddythered

Gogic off, Sam Evans on.
Gorre off, Hedges on.

Another good block by your keeper.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2013 20:40]

Ok, watching the big game... on 20:46 - Sep 16 with 5517 viewsreddythered

Coulson off, Yorwerth on.

Ok, watching the big game... on 20:48 - Sep 16 with 5506 viewsreddythered

3 minutes of added time, will there be drama?

Ok, watching the big game... on 20:50 - Sep 16 with 5489 viewsreddythered

Good tackles in our penalty area as you attack. Last minute added time, Jack corner.

Ok, watching the big game... on 20:51 - Sep 16 with 5477 viewsreddythered

Tancock shot well blocked by Moore. Another corner... 15 seconds left.

Ok, watching the big game... on 20:51 - Sep 16 with 5475 viewsreddythered

Free kick to you lot outside the area. Donnelly taken the ball. I'd worry if you had Whitts.

Ok, watching the big game... on 20:52 - Sep 16 with 5466 viewsreddythered

Meade takes it, blocked by wall, ref blows up.

Ok, watching the big game... on 20:53 - Sep 16 with 5462 viewsSgorioFruit

the linesman wears swimming goggles

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

Ok, watching the big game... on 21:01 - Sep 16 with 5440 viewsreddythered

Overall... not a great game. As expected from the lineups we had the better quality, plenty of possession but played just the one up front in Healey.

Thought a lot of your play was unlike the "Swansea way", certainly for the first half and most of the second. More direct than I expected, Donnelly really offered nothing of note up front. Gorre looked decent in patches, think Tancock looks the best prospect for you based on that performance but a long way off the first team imo.

Though your left back and Alfei really struggled against our width - ok, I'll grant your left back ( sorry, don't know name ) had Noone against him with Coulson overlapping, but Alfei is a name I've heard for a few seasons and he really couldn't cope with Kadeem Harris or Declan John.

Keeper made some decent blocks for you but struck me as somebody who could well drop a few clangers at any time.

On that game, I can't see any of your dev squad who played getting into the first team setup this season. Though maybe as replacements for Shelvey tonight... Donnelly really disappointed me. He's been with you a while, thought he'd be pushing for games.

We had the better quality out there, bit obvious on the lineups. Harris showed he's got to be close to contention for the first team squad with another good performance causing your defence no end of trouble. Noone, Mutch, just a game for fitness. Declan John again showed he's a good future, Luke Coulson also had a good game - but with Theophile-Catherine ahead of him, can't see him getting game time.

Ok, watching the big game... on 21:58 - Sep 16 with 5382 viewsJonnyTheJack

Yeah our under 21 side has been pretty poor results wise. A few of the lads like Alfei have been with us years and had a couple of loan spells elsewhere but not amounted to much. Obviously haven't seen us play so don't know what we're like though.

Gorre and Donnelly have been the most impressive. They both went on pre season with the 1st team and did well. Donnelly played in Romania too.
Ok, watching the big game... on 22:12 - Sep 16 with 5356 viewsreddythered

Ok, watching the big game... on 21:58 - Sep 16 by JonnyTheJack

Yeah our under 21 side has been pretty poor results wise. A few of the lads like Alfei have been with us years and had a couple of loan spells elsewhere but not amounted to much. Obviously haven't seen us play so don't know what we're like though.

Gorre and Donnelly have been the most impressive. They both went on pre season with the 1st team and did well. Donnelly played in Romania too.

Like I said, we had a number of players with first team experience out there - Mutch, Noone etc. So there was a bit of a difference in there, so we dominated possession but you did carve out some good chances, hitting the bar twice.

Gorre like I said had some good touches but generally you didn't have the ball that much and didn't retain it up front. Donnelly looked imo poor. Some decent play in midfield, with Lucas but in my view ( trying to be unbiased ), if you had to dip into the dev squad for games you may struggle. There was no one obviously standing out as being able to transition up like Davies has. Tancock looked like he could over time, but a few seasons on.

I'd guess with people like Lucas, Alfei, they are getting to the age where you'd expect them to push on so a few playing tonight may well get released in summer possibly? Alfei, hate to single him out, but he really struggled tonight.

Ok, watching the big game... on 22:29 - Sep 16 with 5302 viewsJonnyTheJack

Ok, watching the big game... on 22:12 - Sep 16 by reddythered

Like I said, we had a number of players with first team experience out there - Mutch, Noone etc. So there was a bit of a difference in there, so we dominated possession but you did carve out some good chances, hitting the bar twice.

Gorre like I said had some good touches but generally you didn't have the ball that much and didn't retain it up front. Donnelly looked imo poor. Some decent play in midfield, with Lucas but in my view ( trying to be unbiased ), if you had to dip into the dev squad for games you may struggle. There was no one obviously standing out as being able to transition up like Davies has. Tancock looked like he could over time, but a few seasons on.

I'd guess with people like Lucas, Alfei, they are getting to the age where you'd expect them to push on so a few playing tonight may well get released in summer possibly? Alfei, hate to single him out, but he really struggled tonight.

Yeah we won't be dipping into our under 21 side apart from maybe Donnelly for a cup game or two. He'll be out on loan I think around January time. We had a few enquiries for him from championship,SPL and league 1 clubs.

Looking at our style of play from our under 18s and further down etc we do keep the ball on the deck. I posted a great video on here a few months ago and it was superb.

Agree about the bottom paragraph. Doesn't mean they won't do well elsewhere though. We released Joe Walsh a season ago and he's doing great for Crawley. They play for Wales under 21s a lot too but is that a positive at the moment? haha
We have brought in a few foreign players to develop so I can see us keep doing that.
Ok, watching the big game... on 22:40 - Sep 16 with 5265 viewsreddythered

Ok, watching the big game... on 22:29 - Sep 16 by JonnyTheJack

Yeah we won't be dipping into our under 21 side apart from maybe Donnelly for a cup game or two. He'll be out on loan I think around January time. We had a few enquiries for him from championship,SPL and league 1 clubs.

Looking at our style of play from our under 18s and further down etc we do keep the ball on the deck. I posted a great video on here a few months ago and it was superb.

Agree about the bottom paragraph. Doesn't mean they won't do well elsewhere though. We released Joe Walsh a season ago and he's doing great for Crawley. They play for Wales under 21s a lot too but is that a positive at the moment? haha
We have brought in a few foreign players to develop so I can see us keep doing that.

Yeah, guessed the keeper was foreign. Some nice blocks / saves but looked a bit nervy.

I'd expect us to "outperform" you at dev level for a little while mostly because we do put some fringe first teamers in there for game time, plus adds a bit of experience. That's something you don't seem to do, possibly the best thing you could do. Some older heads can guide the kids around the game. We've also had the academy structure running longer, but I'm sure you'll catch up over the years.

Welsh U21s is funny ever since Flynn was fired. Wales beat England in what 2010 at u16 level 4-0; 8 then Cardiff players involved, 5 still at club. None of them seemed to get picked at age levels above that - Dalley went to Man Utd when we released him. Declan John, on the bench for Wales seniors the other day, was never selected at U21 level. You'd think that was because Ben Davies was ahead of him, but John only converted to left back from left wing around a year ago. I wouldn't it was the case they weren't necessarily good enough - some players do fail to acheive their potential, develop physically etc - but it seemed puzzling.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024