Swansea : We are at the table talking & things will happen soon
Saturday, 20th Jan 2024 07:38 by @Cornish67David & Keith Haynes
The Swans remain extremely confident that their hard work and lengthy dialogue with several players, in the UK and wider Europe will pay off. So says Luke Williams this weekend.
Commenting, and possibly reassuring Swans fans that there will be the right players brought in to the club who will make the squad stronger and have growth he said. “What I can say is that there’s a lot going on. I want to reassure people that we are at the table talking and things will happen soon. In an ideal world, the window opens and then a guy arrives the next day. But in reality, you are in the market for good players, not someone who no-one wants. So you have to accept that every time we try to encourage the player or make a negotiation, maybe two or three other clubs are doing the same”
We are wondering if the fact Luke and co have to attract players in competition with a number of clubs that his old squad at Notts County has been put to one side for now. We did have a profile on Jodi Jones ( Notts County ) in the week, we were expecting something from the reports, but no denials nor comments on wanting to keep the player were made. That also makes the player interesting.
Click on the link below.
Click here ⚽️Jodi Jones profiled
All manner of mind games are played at this time of the year, low ballers, sightings to take the eyes of the Swansea reporting world off the real issues, and agents encouraged to misinform whilst genuine targets are pursued. It’s a mad game of political jousting, and that’s most certainly a string Swans Chairman, Andrew Coleman has to his bow.He knows only too well PR is key and we’ve seen that already at Swansea, and as a minority shareholder at DC Utd he has played a decent game in contact and support for the Washington community. Before he joined the Swans he stated, “I have spent my entire life living and working within DC and I am fully committed to representing not only this club, but our community, with every ounce of energy I have to drive, build and create real change” Obviously those statements have been made by Coleman whilst at Swansea, but to be honest Michael Duff’s appointment knocked the wind out of the supporters sails. Once trust is lost it’s hard to get it back.
These are the reasons for us to be confident that the club is managing this process well.
1. However this and last month he has been repetitive and also reassuring when speaking about strengthening the squad. "What I can tell you is we are investing in data, we are investing in scouting, we are investing in (sporting director) Paul Watson and others and we are planning not only for January but for other windows as well."
2. "We have spent hours upon hours preparing for this window. The work has been in place for quite a few months now. I think there is always a need to strengthen any squad, regardless of where you are - any position in any table."
3. "I am the chairman and operating partner and the buck stops with me. We need one voice here as the face of ownership. That's why I invested so much into this football club, so that I could have that voice, and I can't wait to see what we do."
4. “As supporters are aware, we are in the midst of the January transfer window and there is a lot of activity going on behind the scenes. Our objective is always to make the club stronger in each window and that is our aim this month”
5. “We are actively in touch with clubs and players and we will be ready to act when we can bring in a player that will make us stronger”
6. Luke Williams : There is is "a lot of work" going into transfer plans. "I love it - this type of frenzy to make us better”
7. Luke Williams : “I can promise you there is plenty of work going on behind the scenes, and ultimately the aim has to be to make sure that anyone we bring to this football club is going to come in and make an immediate difference, as well as being able to grow and develop further in their time here. You don’t want to sign players for the sake of it, you want people who can make an impact, and we will see what happens in the weeks ahead”
There are other quotes too, and Andrew Coleman, who has handled multi million dollar deals for his business interests at Berkadia and before that Walker & Newman in the USA. He knows full well what the written word and good communication are all about. Once something is said there’s little you can do to back track. However, he has the business knowledge, he closes deals at his pace and Swans fans will have to accept that. The only judgement to be made will come on February 1st.
Romaine Mundle was the subject of a bid to acquire his services on Thursday. The Swans reportedly put in a bid just below five hundred thousand pounds to Standard Liege. Swansea are playing it cool for now, and no second bid has yet been made. To be fair that’s the best tact to take. The offer was a fair one, and the player hasn’t set the world alight over the last seven months since his move from Spurs.
Click on the link below for our latest report on the player, from there you will see a link to our initial report on Romain Mundle at the start of this month.
Click here —> ⚽️Romain Mundle
We concentrate now on two cracking football matches coming up today. First it’s Swansea City v Southampton (KO 12:30pm) LIVE on Sky Sports.
Swansea City Under 21 v The New Saints ( KO 5:30pm ) Welsh League a Cup Final from Jenner Park, Barry. LIVE on S4C.
Read our detailed Cup Final preview here.
Photographs licensed from Reuters or Open Source
Please report offensive, libellous or inappropriate posts by using the links provided.
You need to login in order to post your comments
Swansea City Polls
[ Vote here ]