Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nuisance dog barking. 14:36 - Mar 6 with 7689 viewsthedrownedman

Hi all.

A neighbour of ours has 3 (I think) dogs locked up in a fairly small pen in their back garden. It really doesn't seem like much room for them all in there, and as a result (imo) it is the cause of them barking throughout the day and into the night. And not just your usual dog bark, but also whining. I get that dogs will bark, that's just nature, but the constant yapping throughout the day does impact negatively on my enjoyment in my own home and garden, and their noise during the night impacts on my sleep quality for sure. Surely those two points must count for something?

How much of a chance do I have if I complained/reported them to the council? Anyone here gone through the same situation before?

Also, seeing as I'm on the topic of complaining about things that impact me, there's a very bright lampost directly outside my bedroom, causing my room to light up so much I can see everything. They've changed the light from the dark orange colour to a very luminous white light. Surely this is not allowed on grounds of light pollution? The area was excessively lighted up in the first place, but they've put in a few of these new lights and it's way OTT.
Nuisance dog barking. on 14:41 - Mar 6 with 4541 viewstreboethjack

Out of curiosity how big is the enclosure the dogs are being kept in and do they have access to water, shelter and food?

Tim gorau Cymru ers 1912

Nuisance dog barking. on 14:48 - Mar 6 with 4529 viewsBaker

Give this lad a call...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/wayne-bryson-sex-girlfriends-dog-3212462#ix

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

Nuisance dog barking. on 14:49 - Mar 6 with 4524 viewsSpratty

Constant barking must be a real pain. Not sure what your rights are I would check with the council.

Noticed a really bright white lamp replacement near us luckily down the road a bit so not a problem but is really bright. Speak to the council about that as well. Only real easy option is blackout blind / curtain linings which we had to put into one bedroom because of a security light opposite.
Nuisance dog barking. on 14:52 - Mar 6 with 4519 viewsRancid

Nuisance dog barking. on 14:48 - Mar 6 by Baker

Give this lad a call...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/wayne-bryson-sex-girlfriends-dog-3212462#ix

Hi Baker.Why aint the dash lights coming on on my van.Petrol gauge, speedo, rev counter etc.Just had the alternator changed.Van works great apart from the dash lights.Bit random and if you could find it in your heart to maybe give me a heads up i'll send you a VHS cock film for free.
Nuisance dog barking. on 14:54 - Mar 6 with 4512 viewsDarran

Where does the OP live?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Nuisance dog barking. on 14:56 - Mar 6 with 4501 viewsthedrownedman

I can't give exact measurements, but suffice to say it has an 'outside' and an 'inside', but I'm willing to bet that it is not big enough for 3 King Charles spaniels (I think that's the breed). The outside looks to me, at a rough guess, to be 2x3 meters or 3x3 meters. They have water and food also. I do not think the owners are negligent, just they are not very aware that their dogs' noise has an impact on other people. Although, there must be a reason why they bark more often that other dogs in the area.
Nuisance dog barking. on 14:59 - Mar 6 with 4496 viewsthedrownedman

Nuisance dog barking. on 14:54 - Mar 6 by Darran

Where does the OP live?

Sorry Dazzler, but I don't want to give this info out.
Nuisance dog barking. on 14:59 - Mar 6 with 4495 viewsBaker

Nuisance dog barking. on 14:52 - Mar 6 by Rancid

Hi Baker.Why aint the dash lights coming on on my van.Petrol gauge, speedo, rev counter etc.Just had the alternator changed.Van works great apart from the dash lights.Bit random and if you could find it in your heart to maybe give me a heads up i'll send you a VHS cock film for free.

My crystal ball needs yer reg number.

PM me

Login to get fewer ads

Nuisance dog barking. on 15:01 - Mar 6 with 4488 viewsDarran

Nuisance dog barking. on 14:59 - Mar 6 by thedrownedman

Sorry Dazzler, but I don't want to give this info out.

So it's this country then?

Nuisance dog barking. on 15:02 - Mar 6 with 4483 viewsthedrownedman

Nuisance dog barking. on 15:01 - Mar 6 by Darran

So it's this country then?

Yes.
Nuisance dog barking. on 15:02 - Mar 6 with 4480 viewsBaker

"Also, seeing as I'm on the topic of complaining about things that impact me, there's a very bright lampost directly outside my bedroom, causing my room to light up so much I can see everything. They've changed the light from the dark orange colour to a very luminous white light. Surely this is not allowed on grounds of light pollution? The area was excessively lighted up in the first place, but they've put in a few of these new lights and it's way OTT."

Have you tried closing your curtains?

Nuisance dog barking. on 15:05 - Mar 6 with 4472 viewsDarran

Nuisance dog barking. on 15:02 - Mar 6 by thedrownedman

Yes.

Moved have you?

Nuisance dog barking. on 15:22 - Mar 6 with 4433 viewsSwanjack10

Nuisance dog barking. on 14:56 - Mar 6 by thedrownedman

I can't give exact measurements, but suffice to say it has an 'outside' and an 'inside', but I'm willing to bet that it is not big enough for 3 King Charles spaniels (I think that's the breed). The outside looks to me, at a rough guess, to be 2x3 meters or 3x3 meters. They have water and food also. I do not think the owners are negligent, just they are not very aware that their dogs' noise has an impact on other people. Although, there must be a reason why they bark more often that other dogs in the area.

Id guess these dogs arent getting exercise hence constant barking /whining, which is cruel, if your a council tenant/owner and are afraid of strangling the owner , ring the nsu who will be out rapid and will monitor the noise pollution and confront them with warnings in yr confidence.

ambition is critical....................
Poll: do you think swanjack10 should be a moderator?

Nuisance dog barking. on 15:44 - Mar 6 with 4401 viewsSwanzay

As previously mentioned dogs mainly bark due to frustration and lack of stimulation and exercise. Do you ever see your neighbours taking them for walks?

Before going to the authorites, have you actually notified your neighbour of the situation, maybe they are just totally unaware and can sort it without having to get 3rd parties involved, keeps the piece so to speak.

Is there plenty of water down for them?

What size is the pen in relation to the dogs?
[Post edited 6 Mar 2014 15:44]
Nuisance dog barking. on 16:30 - Mar 6 with 4360 viewsJackfath

Here are my suugestions.

1. Speak to your neighbour. If they ignore you, contact RSPCA or the Local Authority.
2. With regard your lamp post, give the LA a call. They do have special fixtures they can fit to posts to stop them glaring into peoples homes.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Nuisance dog barking. on 17:25 - Mar 6 with 4329 viewsCountyJim

Nuisance dog barking. on 16:30 - Mar 6 by Jackfath

Here are my suugestions.

1. Speak to your neighbour. If they ignore you, contact RSPCA or the Local Authority.
2. With regard your lamp post, give the LA a call. They do have special fixtures they can fit to posts to stop them glaring into peoples homes.

I actually worked with a guy in Llanwern who poisoned his neighbor's dog for about two years he complained to the owner while he was in work the dog was constantly barking and when you work shifts you need your kip during the day

The owner wouldn't listen so one day he flipped poison was placed inside a sausage

Drastic I know but if the Dog owner wont do anything about it what do you do if you live in private housing
Nuisance dog barking. on 20:31 - Mar 6 with 4268 viewspansypants

Easy solutions here

1. Smash the light. Chances are the council won't replace it for ages and if they do smash it again or shoot it with an air rifle.

2. Move the dogs to your back garden and see how your neighbours like them barking next door to them.

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

Nuisance dog barking. on 21:30 - Mar 6 with 4219 viewsthe_gasman

Nuisance dog barking. on 20:31 - Mar 6 by pansypants

Easy solutions here

1. Smash the light. Chances are the council won't replace it for ages and if they do smash it again or shoot it with an air rifle.

2. Move the dogs to your back garden and see how your neighbours like them barking next door to them.

Brilliant

Poll: The best thing about the new Planet Swans forum is...

Nuisance dog barking. on 21:32 - Mar 6 with 4213 viewsexiledclaseboy

Nuisance dog barking. on 17:25 - Mar 6 by CountyJim

I actually worked with a guy in Llanwern who poisoned his neighbor's dog for about two years he complained to the owner while he was in work the dog was constantly barking and when you work shifts you need your kip during the day

The owner wouldn't listen so one day he flipped poison was placed inside a sausage

Drastic I know but if the Dog owner wont do anything about it what do you do if you live in private housing

You don't poison a f*cking dog for a start. Jesus Christ.

Poll: Tory leader

Nuisance dog barking. on 21:55 - Mar 6 with 4180 viewspansypants

Nuisance dog barking. on 15:22 - Mar 6 by Swanjack10

Id guess these dogs arent getting exercise hence constant barking /whining, which is cruel, if your a council tenant/owner and are afraid of strangling the owner , ring the nsu who will be out rapid and will monitor the noise pollution and confront them with warnings in yr confidence.

Who are the nsu jase?

Poll: Sick of the media love in with Brazil?

Nuisance dog barking. on 21:59 - Mar 6 with 4173 viewsDrizzy

Blackout curtains and earplugs. Next.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Nuisance dog barking. on 22:03 - Mar 6 with 4159 viewsLohengrin

Nuisance dog barking. on 21:32 - Mar 6 by exiledclaseboy

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Nuisance dog barking. on 22:04 - Mar 6 with 4155 viewsDarran

Definitely plug the light with a high powered air rifle.

Nuisance dog barking. on 22:16 - Mar 6 with 4138 viewsdameedna

Nuisance dog barking. on 21:59 - Mar 6 by Drizzy

Blackout curtains and earplugs. Next.

Paint the side of the light cover with black paint.

Use a pole extension from your bedroom window

It is unlikely the lux factor will be affected.

Will possibly make the lumination of the roadside and kerb better.

As back up, put the paint, brush and pole behind the dog's kennel the night after you have done it.
Nuisance dog barking. on 07:36 - Mar 7 with 4040 viewsCountyJim

Nuisance dog barking. on 21:32 - Mar 6 by exiledclaseboy

Absolutely Andrew of course any sane person would say that but you put up with that for years your neighbour won't listen tell me what you would do and have you ever worked nights
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024