Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jack to a King 12:11 - May 27 with 7868 viewsJonnyTheJack

What happened to this documentary/film? Haven't heard anything in about 8 months.
Jack to a King on 12:15 - May 27 with 6020 viewsKennedy

Think filming has finished so editing it now most likely.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jack-To-A-King-Film/480250972057450

Just call me JFK

Jack to a King on 12:26 - May 27 with 5977 viewsRuDeMan1970

According to Mal Pope's SWEP column a week or two back, they were putting the finishing touches to it and the release date was expected to be within the next couple of months, I believe.

..."who will guard the guards..?"

Jack to a King on 13:03 - May 27 with 5832 viewsUxbridge

Jack to a King on 12:26 - May 27 by RuDeMan1970

According to Mal Pope's SWEP column a week or two back, they were putting the finishing touches to it and the release date was expected to be within the next couple of months, I believe.

I hear the casting of the Trust reps in this venture leave a little bit to be desired.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Jack to a King on 18:56 - May 27 with 5512 viewsattila_the_hun

If it has anything to do with Mal Pope or Clown Kev then its gonna be flucking awful

"I'm Free"

Jack to a King on 19:38 - May 27 with 5445 viewsPegojack

There was a major delay while we negotiated with Matt Damon's agent for him to play me. In the end it fell through, and we went for Barry Chuckle instead.
Jack to a King on 19:39 - May 27 with 5437 viewsDarran

Jack to a King on 19:38 - May 27 by Pegojack

There was a major delay while we negotiated with Matt Damon's agent for him to play me. In the end it fell through, and we went for Barry Chuckle instead.

It's a shame John Candys dead.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Jack to a King on 19:41 - May 27 with 5429 viewsPegojack

Oooh you bitch
Jack to a King on 19:46 - May 27 with 5408 viewsDarran

Jack to a King on 19:41 - May 27 by Pegojack

Oooh you bitch

Login to get fewer ads

Jack to a King on 19:50 - May 27 with 5392 viewsicecoldjack

Its taking longer to edit than first thought, they had to cut all the Laudrup stuff that the board didnt want seen by the public, Laudrups trips to Paris , Laudrup down wind street taking a long lunch instead of in training, Laudrup going on Holiday when he should have been sorting out signings himself not the board etc,etc .

So much on the cutting room floor its now the length of a public information film instead of a Hollywood movie.
Jack to a King on 00:37 - May 28 with 5150 viewsScoobyWho

Jack to a King on 19:50 - May 27 by icecoldjack

Its taking longer to edit than first thought, they had to cut all the Laudrup stuff that the board didnt want seen by the public, Laudrups trips to Paris , Laudrup down wind street taking a long lunch instead of in training, Laudrup going on Holiday when he should have been sorting out signings himself not the board etc,etc .

So much on the cutting room floor its now the length of a public information film instead of a Hollywood movie.

Anyone else concerned that the film will be as accurate as certain board members want it to be.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Jack to a King on 07:49 - May 28 with 5050 viewsUxbridge

Jack to a King on 00:37 - May 28 by ScoobyWho

Anyone else concerned that the film will be as accurate as certain board members want it to be.

Certainly when certain board members are being presented as the voice of the Trust, despite that being rather out of date these days ...

Jack to a King on 09:46 - May 28 with 4937 viewswhiterock

Film name is cheesy and should be dropped
Jack to a King on 09:49 - May 28 with 4934 viewsDarran

Jack to a King on 09:46 - May 28 by whiterock

Film name is cheesy and should be dropped

What would you call it?

Jack to a King on 10:46 - May 28 with 4889 viewsJack_y_Jwc

What's the point of the film? How will it be any different to the BBC Wales doc?

Jack to a King on 11:57 - May 28 with 4842 viewsScoobyWho

Jack to a King on 07:49 - May 28 by Uxbridge

Certainly when certain board members are being presented as the voice of the Trust, despite that being rather out of date these days ...

We will agree there for sure, I think a vast number of people will be 'put out' by their non inclusion too. I knew a guy from London, originally from Swansea who gave me a lift from Grimsby back home after a Car breakdown years back. Fascinating guy, very articulate, was very active with supporters groups after I came back from working abroad, he sadly died. Richard ? Saw him often after that and always bought him a pint at games, I wonder if they will remember him and all his hard work ?

I truly hope so .

Jack to a King on 12:49 - May 28 with 4789 viewsBaker

Jack to a King on 11:57 - May 28 by ScoobyWho

We will agree there for sure, I think a vast number of people will be 'put out' by their non inclusion too. I knew a guy from London, originally from Swansea who gave me a lift from Grimsby back home after a Car breakdown years back. Fascinating guy, very articulate, was very active with supporters groups after I came back from working abroad, he sadly died. Richard ? Saw him often after that and always bought him a pint at games, I wonder if they will remember him and all his hard work ?

I truly hope so .

http://www.theguardian.com/news/2007/sep/05/obituaries.mainsection

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

Jack to a King on 14:06 - May 28 with 4716 viewsUxbridge

Jack to a King on 12:49 - May 28 by Baker

http://www.theguardian.com/news/2007/sep/05/obituaries.mainsection

Fine words by Garbo there.

Rich L did as much as anyone, if not more, to get the Supporters Trust movement started, not just at SCFC but other clubs besides. Plus he was a wonderful guy.

He wasn't someone who sought the limelight so he'd probably be totally embarrassed by it but if the story is being told accurately he needs to be front and centre along with quite a few others, some of whom are also no longer with us. Hopefully that's the case and it doesn't become a vehicle for a couple of people who like to get their faces on camera to take credit, or that the story finished in 2003.

Anyway I look forward to seeing the film to find out ... I hear the trailer's pretty good.

Jack to a King on 14:23 - May 28 with 4681 viewsScoobyWho

Jack to a King on 14:06 - May 28 by Uxbridge

Rich L did as much as anyone, if not more, to get the Supporters Trust movement started, not just at SCFC but other clubs besides. Plus he was a wonderful guy.

He wasn't someone who sought the limelight so he'd probably be totally embarrassed by it but if the story is being told accurately he needs to be front and centre along with quite a few others, some of whom are also no longer with us. Hopefully that's the case and it doesn't become a vehicle for a couple of people who like to get their faces on camera to take credit, or that the story finished in 2003.

Anyway I look forward to seeing the film to find out ... I hear the trailer's pretty good.

Wow, I didn't realise the impact this guy had, what a lovely article.
It was a pleasure to have known the guy on a football level, back in the days when a few hundred were at games at times. I feel a bit embarrassed i didn't know this. But as you say, he sought no reward.

Th best people don't.

Jack to a King on 14:29 - May 28 with 4673 viewsDarran

One of the first if not the first fans forum was held in the lounge upstairs in the Vetch east stand,space was limited but Richard invited me along,when I got there him and a steward carried me up.

A lovely lovely man taken far far too soon.

Jack to a King on 14:36 - May 28 with 4660 viewslondonlisa2001

Richard Lillicrap was a visionary, an enthusiast, a tireless campaigner, utterly impossible to stop when he got going, and above all was a true gentleman.

I was fortunate to have the pleasure of spending some time with him in Swansea (as his Mum lived up the road from my parents) and also we shared some trips to games in London. I remember clearly one jaunt up to watch the Swans at Luton, followed by drives around the countryside with him dropping off literature about the Trust.

It is such a shame that he didn't live to see the culmination of all his efforts with the Swans becoming the only premier league team part owned by a supporters' trust. I wish I had known him better than I did, but he certainly had an everlasting and truly positive impact on the club that he loved.
Jack to a King on 14:47 - May 28 with 4642 viewsDarran

I always used to joke with Richard because I thought he looked like this fella,now they're both gone.

Jack to a King on 15:14 - May 28 with 4618 viewsWarwickHunt

Jack to a King on 14:36 - May 28 by londonlisa2001

Richard Lillicrap was a visionary, an enthusiast, a tireless campaigner, utterly impossible to stop when he got going, and above all was a true gentleman.

I was fortunate to have the pleasure of spending some time with him in Swansea (as his Mum lived up the road from my parents) and also we shared some trips to games in London. I remember clearly one jaunt up to watch the Swans at Luton, followed by drives around the countryside with him dropping off literature about the Trust.

It is such a shame that he didn't live to see the culmination of all his efforts with the Swans becoming the only premier league team part owned by a supporters' trust. I wish I had known him better than I did, but he certainly had an everlasting and truly positive impact on the club that he loved.

I played in the same school football team as Rich.
HIs contribution to the Swans (and other trusts) was immense. He was an absolute prince of a man who is sorely missed.

David Conn helped get Gareth's obituary of Rich published by the way.

LIsa - it's Phil, I was with you on that Luton trip. Rich stopped off on the way back to interrogate someone who Petty had ripped off on a business deal!

Another memory of that trip was pranging some poor bugger's car when we parked.
I always wore brown trousers when Rich was driving...motorways were mayhem.
[Post edited 28 May 2014 15:16]
Jack to a King on 15:52 - May 28 with 4582 viewslondonlisa2001

Jack to a King on 15:14 - May 28 by WarwickHunt

I played in the same school football team as Rich.
HIs contribution to the Swans (and other trusts) was immense. He was an absolute prince of a man who is sorely missed.

David Conn helped get Gareth's obituary of Rich published by the way.

LIsa - it's Phil, I was with you on that Luton trip. Rich stopped off on the way back to interrogate someone who Petty had ripped off on a business deal!

Another memory of that trip was pranging some poor bugger's car when we parked.
I always wore brown trousers when Rich was driving...motorways were mayhem.
[Post edited 28 May 2014 15:16]

well I didn't know this was you!! :-) Hi Phil - good to catch up again - hope all is well with you!

The bloke that Rich interrogated that had dealt with Petty was the one that lived on that farm / smallholding type place wasn't it! Hilarious - the things that Rich got up to in those days were utterly brilliant. Remember driving up some lane in the back of beyond !!

I had completely forgotten him hitting that car when we parked until you just mentioned it - as you say, his driving had to be experienced to be believed -he was a maniac :-)

Those were good times.
Jack to a King on 16:11 - May 28 with 4552 viewsPegojack

Richard was the salt of the earth and I'm very glad to have known him through our mutual love of the Swans.

As the poster said above, it is a tragic injustice that he didn't live to see the club scale the heights of the football pyramid and achieve all the things that the hardcore supporters in the previous twenty years could not have imagined in their wildest dreams.

I'm not religious, but I'd like to think he's been looking down on us over the past few seasons with a big grin on his face, pint and fag in hand....
Jack to a King on 16:14 - May 28 with 4543 viewsDarran

Jack to a King on 15:52 - May 28 by londonlisa2001

well I didn't know this was you!! :-) Hi Phil - good to catch up again - hope all is well with you!

The bloke that Rich interrogated that had dealt with Petty was the one that lived on that farm / smallholding type place wasn't it! Hilarious - the things that Rich got up to in those days were utterly brilliant. Remember driving up some lane in the back of beyond !!

I had completely forgotten him hitting that car when we parked until you just mentioned it - as you say, his driving had to be experienced to be believed -he was a maniac :-)

Those were good times.

I hope you left your details for the damaged cars driver.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024