Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
what's happening out in the Bay 16:12 - Oct 7 with 11127 viewsswanny

Just come back from holibobs...what's that red platform out in the Bay - have we got Oil?

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

what's happening out in the Bay on 16:13 - Oct 7 with 5807 viewsMrSwerve

It was out there at the beginning of the summer too, not quite sure what it is.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

what's happening out in the Bay on 16:23 - Oct 7 with 5782 viewsApeShit

I think its something to do with the tidal lagoon? Seabed sampling?
what's happening out in the Bay on 16:44 - Oct 7 with 5726 viewsJackhero

Is Agent Tan planning an invasion of Swansea Bay?

Tubbs: Will heaven be like Swansea? Edward: Yes, Tubbs. Only... bigger.

what's happening out in the Bay on 19:37 - Oct 7 with 5579 viewsLeonisGod

what's happening out in the Bay on 16:23 - Oct 7 by ApeShit

I think its something to do with the tidal lagoon? Seabed sampling?

Looks like a drilling rig to me, so yep probably testing for the groundworks for something (lagoon?). Just a guess though. Too close for the proposed mid-Channel wind farm.
what's happening out in the Bay on 20:39 - Oct 7 with 5508 viewsDyfnant

what's happening out in the Bay on 19:37 - Oct 7 by LeonisGod

Looks like a drilling rig to me, so yep probably testing for the groundworks for something (lagoon?). Just a guess though. Too close for the proposed mid-Channel wind farm.

That wind farms cancelled ain't it

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

what's happening out in the Bay on 21:32 - Oct 7 with 5457 viewsswanny

Hmm - does this mean we might actually get something done like this Lagoon thing?

'Sorry, your password must contain a capital letter, two numbers, a symbol, an inspiring message, a spell, a gang sign, a hieroglyph and the blood of a virgin"

what's happening out in the Bay on 22:48 - Oct 7 with 5397 viewsScotia

what's happening out in the Bay on 20:39 - Oct 7 by Dyfnant

That wind farms cancelled ain't it

Yeah Atlantic array has been abandoned.
what's happening out in the Bay on 22:50 - Oct 7 with 5393 viewsScotia

Its sampling the sediments, mainly trying to prove that building the lagoon won't spread the remants of copperopolis around the bay.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2014 22:53]
Login to get fewer ads

what's happening out in the Bay on 00:08 - Oct 8 with 5336 viewsDyfnant

what's happening out in the Bay on 22:50 - Oct 7 by Scotia

Its sampling the sediments, mainly trying to prove that building the lagoon won't spread the remants of copperopolis around the bay.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2014 22:53]

They've messed up their argument of it being a major visitor attraction by stating it'll be the first of many around the British Coast

what's happening out in the Bay on 10:55 - Oct 8 with 5223 viewsScotia

what's happening out in the Bay on 00:08 - Oct 8 by Dyfnant

They've messed up their argument of it being a major visitor attraction by stating it'll be the first of many around the British Coast

And the fact that nothing, absolutely nothing, apart from the power generation part of the lagoon is included in the development consent order. All the touristy stuff is based on the companies good will.
what's happening out in the Bay on 11:31 - Oct 8 with 5203 viewsymaohyd

what's happening out in the Bay on 10:55 - Oct 8 by Scotia

And the fact that nothing, absolutely nothing, apart from the power generation part of the lagoon is included in the development consent order. All the touristy stuff is based on the companies good will.

So something good might actually come to Swansea, a city by general consensus is on its knees, but as per usual we have people like yourself looking to be critical?!

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

what's happening out in the Bay on 12:08 - Oct 8 with 5174 viewsScotia

what's happening out in the Bay on 11:31 - Oct 8 by ymaohyd

So something good might actually come to Swansea, a city by general consensus is on its knees, but as per usual we have people like yourself looking to be critical?!

Not looking to be critical. I'm highly dubious that anything good will actually come out of it. In fact I'm worried that this will destroy the last thing Swansea has going for it,. Swansea Bay.

Feel free to look back over my older posts, I've been involved with this project almost since day 1.
what's happening out in the Bay on 12:54 - Oct 8 with 5134 viewsymaohyd

what's happening out in the Bay on 12:08 - Oct 8 by Scotia

Not looking to be critical. I'm highly dubious that anything good will actually come out of it. In fact I'm worried that this will destroy the last thing Swansea has going for it,. Swansea Bay.

Feel free to look back over my older posts, I've been involved with this project almost since day 1.

Involved in what way?

what's happening out in the Bay on 13:09 - Oct 8 with 5121 viewsScotia

what's happening out in the Bay on 12:54 - Oct 8 by ymaohyd

Involved in what way?

I'm not trying to be mysterious, but I could get sacked.

I've been consulted on the plans for about the last 2 years, and attended most of the hearings. The company have done a very good PR job getting residents onside, but nothing else. It does look brilliant, but nothing apart from the power generation plant is guranteed to happen, that is if they get given permission. They are obviously out to make a profit.
what's happening out in the Bay on 14:26 - Oct 8 with 5067 viewsDyfnant

The water sports malarky previously mooted by them is complete nonsense. Much better to dam the Severn upstream and/or do the same at Loughor bridge

what's happening out in the Bay on 14:44 - Oct 8 with 5043 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Anybody who thinks this will be a good idea has been 'done' by the vast PR team this company has.

It will be an absolute disaster and how most can't see it bemuses me.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

what's happening out in the Bay on 16:53 - Oct 8 with 4958 viewsLeonisGod

what's happening out in the Bay on 13:09 - Oct 8 by Scotia

I've been consulted on the plans for about the last 2 years, and attended most of the hearings. The company have done a very good PR job getting residents onside, but nothing else. It does look brilliant, but nothing apart from the power generation plant is guranteed to happen, that is if they get given permission. They are obviously out to make a profit.

Of course they are looking to make a profit. Nothing gets built without there being a business plan.

You're right about the PR of course (and the over-emphasis on this as opposed to tackling the concerns raised by some of the consultees), but if you're involved then you'll also know about the other parties willing to come in if it goes ahead.

I'm neutral. In theory it's a good idea, but I'd like to see the potential environmental impacts more thoroughly defined/addressed.
what's happening out in the Bay on 16:54 - Oct 8 with 4955 viewsLeonisGod

what's happening out in the Bay on 14:44 - Oct 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Anybody who thinks this will be a good idea has been 'done' by the vast PR team this company has.

Why's it going to be a disaster Dwight?
what's happening out in the Bay on 17:13 - Oct 8 with 4928 viewsGeoffThom

what's happening out in the Bay on 14:44 - Oct 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Jesus wept they probably said the same when they built the docks and the piers into them ,we have nothing to lose here it's even built around the docks side of the bay so won't disturb anyone ,if you want to complain about something to do with the bay have a look at the stupid sand dunes the dumb Eco warriors have got made by the slip and St helens which is ending up all over mumbles road and surrounding areas and eroding the sand of the beach water line exposing rock and stone they've done the same thing on some of gower's beaches Horton being the best example were the sand has gone completely and Is now in huge sand dunes that weren't there before .fecking nimbys
what's happening out in the Bay on 17:19 - Oct 8 with 4928 viewsymaohyd

what's happening out in the Bay on 13:09 - Oct 8 by Scotia

Personally I think it would be fantastic for Swansea, something the city is crying out for. As a city we need a brand image, something to attract people.

Cardiff has so much going for it, yet Swansea has a sniff of something that could really be the start of something huge and the doomers and gloomers come out in force. I find it hugely frustrating but sadly typical of Swansea.

The LC2 was once sold as a possible Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao lookalike, look at it now, we've had enough artists impressions of new shopping centres to fill the National Gallery.

Swansea has so much going for it, but has sadly always been held back by the mindset, displayed by many on here.

what's happening out in the Bay on 17:33 - Oct 8 with 4912 viewscanhecatchit

Think you will find the Sand dunes at Horton were always there. I always went there as a kid with my Family and always played in the sand dunes. They stopped people from walking on them because the grasses that held them together were being eroded by so many people walking in them.

The sand was always there on the beach. Dredging off the coast was what has reduced the sand on the beaches
[Post edited 8 Oct 2014 17:34]

Swansea City, my one and only love , oh and then there's the Wife

what's happening out in the Bay on 17:38 - Oct 8 with 4893 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

what's happening out in the Bay on 17:13 - Oct 8 by GeoffThom

Jesus wept they probably said the same when they built the docks and the piers into them ,we have nothing to lose here it's even built around the docks side of the bay so won't disturb anyone ,if you want to complain about something to do with the bay have a look at the stupid sand dunes the dumb Eco warriors have got made by the slip and St helens which is ending up all over mumbles road and surrounding areas and eroding the sand of the beach water line exposing rock and stone they've done the same thing on some of gower's beaches Horton being the best example were the sand has gone completely and Is now in huge sand dunes that weren't there before .fecking nimbys

Sand dunes are an incredibly rare habitat and it is a credit to the people involved we've managed to preserve as many as we have.

what's happening out in the Bay on 17:42 - Oct 8 with 4886 viewsGeoffThom

what's happening out in the Bay on 17:33 - Oct 8 by canhecatchit

Think you will find the Sand dunes at Horton were always there. I always went there as a kid with my Family and always played in the sand dunes. They stopped people from walking on them because the grasses that held them together were being eroded by so many people walking in them.

The sand was always there on the beach. Dredging off the coast was what has reduced the sand on the beaches
[Post edited 8 Oct 2014 17:34]

Sorry mate I beg to differ there may have been some piddling pile of sand called dunes but certainly not the dunes that are there now and I also use to go there from the late sixties every summer ,maybe dredging has a part to play in it but I stick by what I say all the sand is in the dunes that have been created because it all started to disappear when they fenced it off and allowed the sand to congregate more on the dunes mark my words watch the same thing happen on swansea front because it will if they carry on
what's happening out in the Bay on 17:45 - Oct 8 with 4884 viewsGeoffThom

what's happening out in the Bay on 17:38 - Oct 8 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Sand dunes are an incredibly rare habitat and it is a credit to the people involved we've managed to preserve as many as we have.

Oh so it's ok to have dunes but no beach so no one wants to visit thereby creating less economic benifits hmmmm
what's happening out in the Bay on 17:46 - Oct 8 with 4880 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

what's happening out in the Bay on 16:54 - Oct 8 by LeonisGod

Why's it going to be a disaster Dwight?

The video the company made looks wonderful and if the final result ends up looking like that and everything they said happens then I'm all for it.

The reality is they don't have permission to do most of what is featured in that video and it is completely out of their hands whether it turns into what they are saying it will.

Someone's completely jumped the gun with that video although it's served its purpose as it has convinced a whole lot of people it's a marvellous idea without any substantial evidence to show it's doable.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024