Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How can anybody on here support England!?. 18:13 - Jun 23 with 5634 viewsImAlrightJack

They laugh at the other "Home Nations" not qualifying for a major tournament in a long time, only to convince themselves that's why they're disliked, then say that increasing the number of teams who can qualify, as taking away the difficulty of it, when they always win their qualifying groups anyway, so it's none of their concern, yet still wonder why they're seen as arrogant also.

On top of all that, their selectors always ignore our players and keep Shelvey as an unused sub (which is as far as that lot bothering with us is going to go) against San Marino of all teams, when they could have given him a run-out.

I have no problem with the women's team, them winning the World Cup would p*ss Darran's legend "Wazza" and his goons to something chronic!.
How can anybody on here support England!?. on 18:16 - Jun 23 with 4285 viewsJoe_bradshaw

To answer your question.

Some on here are English.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

How can anybody on here support England!?. on 18:19 - Jun 23 with 4273 viewsScoobyWho

How can anybody on here support England!?. on 18:16 - Jun 23 by Joe_bradshaw

To answer your question.

It seems we are attracting more and more new fans from all over Europe, and being mindful of this is worth pointing out indeed.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

How can anybody on here support England!?. on 18:22 - Jun 23 with 4262 viewsbuilthjack

England should always have the squad to get to finals, being a country of around 50 million people. Wales are a very small nation so it's always going to be a struggle.
I can never understand any Welshman supporting England above Wales. That's just supporting a winning team.Pathetic. It's like those people who are born and bred in Swansea who support the Man Utd,LIverpool, Chelsea etc because they win leagues and cups. As I said, pathetic.
Support the country you are born in. You wouldn't get a Scotsman or an Irishman supporting England, they have too much pride.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

How can anybody on here support England!?. on 18:23 - Jun 23 with 4259 viewsbuilthjack

To answer your question.

That's fine. If they are English, they should be supporting England.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

How can anybody on here support England!?. on 18:25 - Jun 23 with 4253 viewsdgt73

How can anybody on here support England!?. on 18:22 - Jun 23 by builthjack

England should always have the squad to get to finals, being a country of around 50 million people. Wales are a very small nation so it's always going to be a struggle.
I can never understand any Welshman supporting England above Wales. That's just supporting a winning team.Pathetic. It's like those people who are born and bred in Swansea who support the Man Utd,LIverpool, Chelsea etc because they win leagues and cups. As I said, pathetic.
Support the country you are born in. You wouldn't get a Scotsman or an Irishman supporting England, they have too much pride.

Are you from Builth originally ?

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

How can anybody on here support England!?. on 18:38 - Jun 23 with 4214 viewsDarran

Imcertainlyfarfromalrightjack.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

How can anybody on here support England!?. on 18:47 - Jun 23 with 4198 viewsLeonisGod

To answer your question.

It's not rocket science is it? I support England being English. I support Wales too, given I've been getting soaked in Wales for the best part of 19 yrs. I'm probably more Welsh than our captain
How can anybody on here support England!?. on 06:13 - Jun 24 with 3988 viewsjack247

Some are English
Some are the international equivalent of Man Utd fans
Some see themselves as British more than Welsh and support all the British teams
Login to get fewer ads

How can anybody on here support England!?. on 06:56 - Jun 24 with 3950 viewsSirjohnalot

A thing that's held us back, as a nation, for so many years is this bizarre hatred of England. The old 'as long as we beat the English we don't care' attitude.

Of course I'd support England as long as it's not detrimental to Wales (or they're not playing another home nation). They're British. As for the 'arrogant' comment, there's none as arrogant as U.S. When we are winning, especially in the rugby.

Let it go guys, living in England for over 15 years I can tell you, they don't think in the same way and do want the British teams to do well.
How can anybody on here support England!?. on 07:14 - Jun 24 with 3931 viewsJethroJack

How can anybody on here support England!?. on 06:56 - Jun 24 by Sirjohnalot

A thing that's held us back, as a nation, for so many years is this bizarre hatred of England. The old 'as long as we beat the English we don't care' attitude.

Of course I'd support England as long as it's not detrimental to Wales (or they're not playing another home nation). They're British. As for the 'arrogant' comment, there's none as arrogant as U.S. When we are winning, especially in the rugby.

Let it go guys, living in England for over 15 years I can tell you, they don't think in the same way and do want the British teams to do well.

Not entirely true.
I have English mates who used to like seeing the Swans & Wales do well when we were winning in the lower divisions & winning the odd qualifying game. Since we've been doing consistently well in the Premier League & in this Euro qualifying campaign, they clearly can't hack it. Must be something to do with the fact that one is a Swindon fan and the other an Oxford fan and both follow boring-old England

At least the women are playing some decent stuff
How can anybody on here support England!?. on 07:43 - Jun 24 with 3898 viewsKilkennyjack

How can anybody on here support England!?. on 07:14 - Jun 24 by JethroJack

Not entirely true.
I have English mates who used to like seeing the Swans & Wales do well when we were winning in the lower divisions & winning the odd qualifying game. Since we've been doing consistently well in the Premier League & in this Euro qualifying campaign, they clearly can't hack it. Must be something to do with the fact that one is a Swindon fan and the other an Oxford fan and both follow boring-old England

At least the women are playing some decent stuff

I have not supported England since they walked away from the tradition of the Home Internationals and hung Wales out to dry. It took away important cash and was good fun to watch. They were basically saying we had held back their otherwise world class players. Well i am delighted to say that selfishness has resulted in a complete lack of progress - and with players like Welbeck and Carrol leading the line - they have probably gone backwards.

This year they have walked away from the Victory Shield.

Now its the fault of all the foreign players in the premier league - except that playing and training with the best in the world was supposed to help english players.

I wish the ladies team well with their young welsh manager.

We have a welsh team that has earned our full support. Great to see.

Beware of the Risen People

How can anybody on here support England!?. on 08:55 - Jun 24 with 3828 viewsperchrockjack

Trust me, (up here) WALES ARE NOT LAUGHED AT FOR NOT QUALIFYING and plenty hammer the England management for not seeing England really win tournaments as they should given the playing base.

Sadly more evidence of of small minded .bitter drivel showing massive chip of shoulder that s killed us for many years.

Until we rid ourselves of this burden we will be to some a country to ridicule

Wales is not really relevant to many English people especially in London where anything in the provinces doesn't really matter. That s the only region ,imo ,that has contempt for the rest of us.. that s the north,scots,midlands.

I only want England to lose at Rugby ,always, as they DO have attitude in that sport.

I also detest ROI ,Serbia and Denmark in international sport.

NOT BAD THOUGH really

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

How can anybody on here support England!?. on 09:36 - Jun 24 with 3790 viewsMervyn

Great as a Swans fan to be part of the English football league set up....im happy to support England and most things English.....cycling,swimming, cricket athletics etc etc......and embracing the English as part of the Lions is very special to me
How can anybody on here support England!?. on 09:54 - Jun 24 with 3756 viewsSwaneeRiver

How can anybody on here support England!?. on 18:19 - Jun 23 by ScoobyWho

It seems we are attracting more and more new fans from all over Europe, and being mindful of this is worth pointing out indeed.

This and the fact some many at our club (including our Mansger) are English, so like it or not we would not succeed without those from places other than Wales
How can anybody on here support England!?. on 09:55 - Jun 24 with 3749 viewsperchrockjack

wouldn't go that far,Merv

How can anybody on here support England!?. on 10:06 - Jun 24 with 3740 viewsMervyn

How can anybody on here support England!?. on 09:55 - Jun 24 by perchrockjack

wouldn't go that far,Merv

What the putting my arms around the rugby lads ??.... maybe i got a bit carried away there..... not such a good example perhaps......

Now if we had a thread about Scumdiff i could really get carried away .
How can anybody on here support England!?. on 10:10 - Jun 24 with 3732 viewsSwaneeRiver

"Now if we had a thread about Scumdiff i could really get carried away" - Mervyn

What - yet another thread about our neighbours ?
How can anybody on here support England!?. on 10:25 - Jun 24 with 3709 viewsMervyn

How can anybody on here support England!?. on 10:10 - Jun 24 by SwaneeRiver

"Now if we had a thread about Scumdiff i could really get carried away" - Mervyn

What - yet another thread about our neighbours ?

im not suggesting anything of the sort , i was just responding/replying to perch.....please ignore me
How can anybody on here support England!?. on 11:54 - Jun 24 with 3661 viewsraynor94

Quite easy, I'm Welsh first and British second, I always want England or any other home nation to win if they are not playing Wales, at any sport

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

How can anybody on here support England!?. on 12:12 - Jun 24 with 3636 viewsQuakerJack

How can anybody on here support England!?. on 18:22 - Jun 23 by builthjack

I tried explaining this to my brother in law (who's english) at the weekend and he literally didn't see the concept. My argument was that england fail to beat new zealand in rugby, rugby league, and, at that point in the ODI, cricket (england were 45/5 or something and looked to be heading for defeat). He genuinely didn't see my point, nor does any englishman when you tell them that england beating Wales at football, where to england, a country of 50mil people, it's the first choice sport, whereas Wales, a country with a third of the population of england's capital city, it's arguably our second... should be expected.... it's like they don't understand the argument...

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

How can anybody on here support England!?. on 14:12 - Jun 24 with 3531 viewsperchrockjack

Our national sport is arguing

How can anybody on here support England!?. on 14:21 - Jun 24 with 3523 viewsyescomeon

England are our rivals (if you are a Welsh Swansea fan) like Cardiff are our rivals. Won't support either of them, can't understand the justifying of supporting a rival team. If you support England why not Cardiff?

Upthecity!

How can anybody on here support England!?. on 16:34 - Jun 24 with 3464 viewsJethroJack

How can anybody on here support England!?. on 07:43 - Jun 24 by Kilkennyjack

I have not supported England since they walked away from the tradition of the Home Internationals and hung Wales out to dry. It took away important cash and was good fun to watch. They were basically saying we had held back their otherwise world class players. Well i am delighted to say that selfishness has resulted in a complete lack of progress - and with players like Welbeck and Carrol leading the line - they have probably gone backwards.

This year they have walked away from the Victory Shield.

Now its the fault of all the foreign players in the premier league - except that playing and training with the best in the world was supposed to help english players.

I wish the ladies team well with their young welsh manager.

We have a welsh team that has earned our full support. Great to see.

Its hard to understand why a significant number of English believe they are superior in sport. After winning the WC in 2003, they wanted to pull out of the 6Nations (because the Celtic opposition was inferior) and join the All Blacks, Aussies & Springboks. Since then, Wales & Ireland have dominated.

Basically, with their vast population, they should be dominating in most sports...but clearly they're not. Must be a constant source of frustration for those that REALLY know & love their sport
How can anybody on here support England!?. on 16:57 - Jun 24 with 3453 viewsDewi1jack

How can anybody on here support England!?. on 06:13 - Jun 24 by jack247

Some are English
Some are the international equivalent of Man Utd fans
Some see themselves as British more than Welsh and support all the British teams

Thank you.
I want to see all the British and the Eire teams do well against anyone from outside of our Island.
I only choose when Wales are playing one of the other 4.
I have seen all 5 play in foreign climes, when I've been lucky enough to be working in the same country they're playing.
Have trouble understanding people who'd want say France/ Germany/ Brazil to beat England/ Scotland/ Irelands.
Then claim to be British (you have to be if you want to follow Swansea or Wales overseas or just to go on holibobs abroad, a Welsh passport isn't a recognised travel document!!) when it suits.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

How can anybody on here support England!?. on 17:07 - Jun 24 with 3445 viewsPrivate_Partz

All very good points and reasons not to support England. I always tend to think that a successful England side can benefit us as it brings a feel good factor to the Premier League. During major tournaments I generally want them to do well but that is the same for all home international teams and I include Southern Ireland in that.
Many of my family live in England, I have English friends and ny favourite bands are English so it is not too difficult. :-)
I do take your point though that any sporting arrogance on their behalf does not stand them in good stead.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024