Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Victims of our own success? 22:37 - Nov 21 with 2910 viewsorion3016

After 5 years of unprecedented success there seems to be a feeling of dissatisfaction across most supporters.
There are still at least 3 worse teams than us and have we really lost complete faith in garry?

Be over there now after

Victims of our own success? on 22:41 - Nov 21 with 2889 viewsraynor94

Are you really sure of that? because Villa, Newcastle and Sunderland are going to spend big to maintain their premier status, and as much as it pains me, I've lost faith in Garry

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Victims of our own success? on 22:54 - Nov 21 with 2849 viewsorion3016

Victims of our own success? on 22:41 - Nov 21 by raynor94

Are you really sure of that? because Villa, Newcastle and Sunderland are going to spend big to maintain their premier status, and as much as it pains me, I've lost faith in Garry

My glass is still half full. There'll be at least 3 teams below us. Our top 10 finishes and cup win have suggested to some that we are bulletproof. We re now in a scrapp

Be over there now after

Victims of our own success? on 22:55 - Nov 21 with 2838 viewsNeathJack

Victims of our own success? on 22:41 - Nov 21 by raynor94

There's no way Villa or Sunderland will spend big. In fact it seems Sunderland will only buy players with funds they recoup from sales if reports this evening are correct.
Victims of our own success? on 22:57 - Nov 21 with 2829 viewsairedale

I'd be worried. I was looking at the table and I noticed that even Chelsea have caught us up.
Victims of our own success? on 23:21 - Nov 21 with 2767 viewsPacemaker

I think a lot of our current fans have associated the Swans solely with success and since the move to the Liberty that has largely been the case.

The reality is that we have quite rightly in my opinion invested in the infrastructure and the future of the club rather than on players.

We are currently struggling because we haven't brought a suitable replacement for Bony and we do not have a suitable replacement for Ash either.

The current squad are going to have to buck their ideas up if we are going to stay in this division otherwise it will be our first reverse for a number of years.

Either way I am slightly more pessimistic than I have been as I do think that one poor side always go on a good run at some stage and one side too good to go down always do go down. Crossed fingers it won't be us.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Victims of our own success? on 23:29 - Nov 21 with 2757 viewsDr_Winston

Victims of our own success? on 23:21 - Nov 21 by Pacemaker

I think a lot of our current fans have associated the Swans solely with success and since the move to the Liberty that has largely been the case.

The reality is that we have quite rightly in my opinion invested in the infrastructure and the future of the club rather than on players.

We are currently struggling because we haven't brought a suitable replacement for Bony and we do not have a suitable replacement for Ash either.

The current squad are going to have to buck their ideas up if we are going to stay in this division otherwise it will be our first reverse for a number of years.

Either way I am slightly more pessimistic than I have been as I do think that one poor side always go on a good run at some stage and one side too good to go down always do go down. Crossed fingers it won't be us.

We are currently struggling because we have a manager who has beaten any semblance of attractive attacking football out of the side.

There's no reason why the squad we have couldn't finish comfortably mid-table in the PL, regardless of investment in infrastructure.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Victims of our own success? on 23:31 - Nov 21 with 2749 viewswaynekerr55

Victims of our own success? on 23:29 - Nov 21 by Dr_Winston

We are currently struggling because we have a manager who has beaten any semblance of attractive attacking football out of the side.

There's no reason why the squad we have couldn't finish comfortably mid-table in the PL, regardless of investment in infrastructure.

True. What the f*ck has happened since Watford?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Victims of our own success? on 23:31 - Nov 21 with 2748 viewsLeonisGod

Victims of our own success? on 22:55 - Nov 21 by NeathJack

There's no way Villa or Sunderland will spend big. In fact it seems Sunderland will only buy players with funds they recoup from sales if reports this evening are correct.

Agreed, although I don't think it would matter if they do anyway. Villa bought in loads of players and it hasn't got them anywhere. This is the year they won't escape. Newcastle look clueless - far worse than us.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2015 23:32]
Login to get fewer ads

Victims of our own success? on 23:37 - Nov 21 with 2712 viewsJackanapes

Why do we need to spend. We got utterly mesmerized by Bournemouth, who are missing their four best players, and who , on paper, wouldn't get one of their squad on our bench.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Victims of our own success? on 23:40 - Nov 21 with 2697 viewsPacemaker

Victims of our own success? on 23:29 - Nov 21 by Dr_Winston

Our early results against Chelsea and Newcastle looked good results at the time, however other teams results would suggest that they were not as good as we all thought at the time.

Our results against Sunderland, Watford Soton, Stoke, Villa and Norwich were perhaps more of a true reflection of our current squad and manager. I don't think it's all Monks fault but I think he has not helped himself.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Victims of our own success? on 23:40 - Nov 21 with 2696 viewsmonmouth

Oh I think I lost my faith today brothers. Although let's see tomorrow, it may just be hiding behind the sofa.

More importantly, have the players lost faith in the regime? I still don't think we'll be relegated, whatever,

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Victims of our own success? on 00:01 - Nov 22 with 2636 viewsAngelRangelQS

So we've reached the stage now then where our aim is to have "at least three sides worse than us"?

Nobody expects us to win every week or even every other week. What we do expect is for the players to look like they care, the performances to be good (on the whole) and for a hint of a tactical plan.

Sadly in the last 9 league games none of these have been apparent. No shape, terrible at the back, terrible in attack, very few positives and no sign that we are improving.

If we couldn't put in an improved performance at home to Bouremouth then quite frankly it's a lost cause and they may as well cut their losses now
Victims of our own success? on 08:31 - Nov 22 with 2503 viewsTrundle10

Lets not forget Bournemouth had lost 4on the tamp and were made to look like Barca by us at timed yesterday.
Victims of our own success? on 08:58 - Nov 22 with 2453 viewsbarry_island

Newcastle worse than us?

I think we can only base that on our August victory, which seems a very long time ago.

They drew at mufc and recently dug out a win v Bournemouth and put 6 on Norwich.

Perhaps they are but it seems a tight one to call.

On current form yesterday may be our best result until the new year.

Just smile.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Victims of our own success? on 09:40 - Nov 22 with 2397 viewsKilkennyjack

On paper we certainly have a squad to stay up, but on the pitch we go down unless something changes soon.

Mimimum Garry needs serious immediate help, cos he has clearly lost the dressing room.
Our style, our swagger, our belief, our enthusiasm - all gone.
And these things dont usually fix themselves.

Huw - go fix it sir huwbert.

Beware of the Risen People

Victims of our own success? on 11:25 - Nov 22 with 2319 viewsBrynmill_Jack

So we've reached the stage now then where our aim is to have "at least three sides worse than us"?

Erm, yes. It's the new line from the BYHOFS brigade and the happy clappers.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Victims of our own success? on 11:47 - Nov 22 with 2286 viewsTrundle10

Victims of our own success? on 11:25 - Nov 22 by Brynmill_Jack

Erm, yes. It's the new line from the BYHOFS brigade and the happy clappers.

BYHOFS?
Victims of our own success? on 11:57 - Nov 22 with 2258 viewsGreatBritton

It's not impossible that we could get 7/9 points from our next three games.

Liverpool - brilliant one week, rubbish the next week
Leicester - relegation fodder last year and sure to fall over soon
Man City - lost the plot of late

I don't think it'll happen, of course.

Like some others on here I'm not pro or anti Monk, but I'd prefer Huw to replace Monk (when he eventually inevitably does) at a time of his own choosing, and with a brilliant manager from left field. Not one of the current crop of Moyeses and Pearsons, I mean.
Victims of our own success? on 12:30 - Nov 22 with 2235 viewsDanGom1

I had a feeling things would start to go downwards as soon as Shelvey mentioned we could qualify for the champions league after our great start in AUGUST!
Victims of our own success? on 13:29 - Nov 22 with 2195 viewsorion3016

Victims of our own success? on 12:30 - Nov 22 by DanGom1

I had a feeling things would start to go downwards as soon as Shelvey mentioned we could qualify for the champions league after our great start in AUGUST!

Shelveys poor form has coincided with our bad run since August

Be over there now after

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024