Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alan Curtis odds on to be the next boss... 17:51 - Dec 30 with 2992 viewsAyewSerious

For his odds to be coming in like this while all the outward soundbites says he isn't - is very odd indeed.
Alan Curtis odds on to be the next boss... on 19:07 - Dec 30 with 2859 viewsswanstillidai

Bookies just covering their arse because if the caretaker boss completes 10 games they have to pay out.
Alan Curtis odds on to be the next boss... on 20:47 - Dec 30 with 2708 viewsoldcob

Bookies sometimes make a false favourite just to confuse.
Alan Curtis odds on to be the next boss... on 20:56 - Dec 30 with 2676 viewsGriffting

As said above, if he takes 10 or more matches they have to pay out. So his odds will now get shorter with every game I'd imagine.
I've seen a lot of press saying he's wants to stay on until the end of the season, but I'm yet to hear it out of his mouth.. Has he actually said it?? The most I've heard is 'a little bit longer until the right man is found'.
Alan Curtis odds on to be the next boss... on 23:09 - Dec 30 with 2527 viewschand8

will be ok as long as he steers clear of the relegation zone, otherwise decision not to appoint new permanent manager will be crucified by many supporters.
Alan Curtis odds on to be the next boss... on 00:14 - Dec 31 with 2429 viewsAyewSerious

Alan Curtis odds on to be the next boss... on 20:56 - Dec 30 by Griffting

As said above, if he takes 10 or more matches they have to pay out. So his odds will now get shorter with every game I'd imagine.
I've seen a lot of press saying he's wants to stay on until the end of the season, but I'm yet to hear it out of his mouth.. Has he actually said it?? The most I've heard is 'a little bit longer until the right man is found'.

That doesnt look true from my research. In fact, if it is understood he is only in charge until the end of the season then that will be considered "temporary" or "interim" and will not qualify as a winning bet.

But if he manages the first game of the following season, he will then be considered "permanent". So in theory he needs ti manage another 19 matches (i think) before being considered permanent, unless confirmed as premanent by the club before that time.

These bookmakers have fantastic contacts in the game, lets not forget they sponsor large parts of it. When odds come down dramatically to odds on then it is fairly certain something is happening and not just someone "sticking a tenner on it". Every "odds on" manager turns out we were talking to at the time, it wasnt in the press at the time if the odds crashing though. The bookies know first.
Alan Curtis odds on to be the next boss... on 00:18 - Dec 31 with 2413 viewsswan65split

Alan Curtis odds on to be the next boss... on 23:09 - Dec 30 by chand8

will be ok as long as he steers clear of the relegation zone, otherwise decision not to appoint new permanent manager will be crucified by many supporters.

No one will crucify Curt, if it goes pear shape it will be the Board and HJ that will take the flak.
Alan Curtis odds on to be the next boss... on 01:04 - Dec 31 with 2331 viewsporschejack

Alan Curtis odds on to be the next boss... on 00:18 - Dec 31 by swan65split

No one will crucify Curt, if it goes pear shape it will be the Board and HJ that will take the flak.

SPOT ON .The little house on the hill without planning will be no more .
Alan Curtis odds on to be the next boss... on 01:15 - Dec 31 with 2317 viewsraynor94

If this comes true, I fear we are accepting the inevitability of relegation, he's been good in the short term, but surely not till the end of season

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Alan Curtis odds on to be the next boss... on 02:40 - Dec 31 with 2255 viewsporschejack

Alan Curtis odds on to be the next boss.. on 04:31 - Dec 31 with 2223 viewsGriffting

Alan Curtis odds on to be the next boss... on 00:14 - Dec 31 by AyewSerious

That doesnt look true from my research. In fact, if it is understood he is only in charge until the end of the season then that will be considered "temporary" or "interim" and will not qualify as a winning bet.

But if he manages the first game of the following season, he will then be considered "permanent". So in theory he needs ti manage another 19 matches (i think) before being considered permanent, unless confirmed as premanent by the club before that time.

These bookmakers have fantastic contacts in the game, lets not forget they sponsor large parts of it. When odds come down dramatically to odds on then it is fairly certain something is happening and not just someone "sticking a tenner on it". Every "odds on" manager turns out we were talking to at the time, it wasnt in the press at the time if the odds crashing though. The bookies know first.

Well on most betting websites it has 'Caretaker/Interim managers will be deemed winners if they take charge for 10 consecutive competitive games or if the club indicate the manager will be appointed to cover 10 or more games' so I'm not really sure..
There has been about 10 different favourites so far! To me it's a mixture of curt getting a good set of results, along with a sustain period in charge, with a few rumours going around that he will take charge and some betting has taken place on him. All those things considered he's bound to be favourite especially considering how quiet the club has gone in the terms of a new manager.
Alan Curtis odds on to be the next boss... on 07:57 - Dec 31 with 2156 viewsjack247

Did bookies pay out on Benitez at Chelsea? Not a rhetorical question, I don't know the answer. If so, it would partly explain the odds tumbling. The other part of it is we have looked pretty inept at getting a new man in and there have been no 'nailed on' rumours for quite a while.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024