Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Welsh Rugby Team 19:14 - Jan 2 with 2742 viewslatchford

We have developed into them! Brave losers. Every big game we just aren't good enough. Spend a big lump on s good centre forward or we will join our cousins
The Welsh Rugby Team on 19:21 - Jan 2 with 2719 viewsraynor94

Aye, it's disastrous, we failed to win at City and United, did you expect more?

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

The Welsh Rugby Team on 19:22 - Jan 2 with 2713 viewsJackfath

A quite bizarre OP.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

The Welsh Rugby Team on 19:25 - Jan 2 with 2701 viewslonglostjack

FFS

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Welsh Rugby Team on 20:25 - Jan 2 with 2652 viewsplasjack

Time for bed now sonny boy.
The Welsh Rugby Team on 20:42 - Jan 2 with 2615 viewslatchford

Saying we play well every game and still lose? Only one way that ends up sonny
The Welsh Rugby Team on 20:48 - Jan 2 with 2598 viewsBloodyhills

The Welsh Rugby Team on 20:42 - Jan 2 by latchford

We played well at City and if it weren't for Joe Hart on top form would have won and should have gotten a point today. Both away games against two of the biggest clubs in the Prem. Yes we do need a decent striker but we aren't gallant losers. If we perform in the remaining games, particularly as we did against City, we will be pretty safe.

Also the reason we are were we are in the league is because we were playing crap for months not because of being gallant losers in a couple of games in Manchester.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2016 20:50]

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

The Welsh Rugby Team on 20:56 - Jan 2 with 2579 viewsplasjack

The Welsh Rugby Team on 20:42 - Jan 2 by latchford

The analogy with rugby is at best wrong sonny.
The Welsh Rugby Team on 21:01 - Jan 2 with 2565 viewsjack247

The Welsh rugby team are the 4th or 5th best in the world. What a stupid analogy.
Login to get fewer ads

The Welsh Rugby Team on 08:55 - Jan 3 with 2439 viewsEdmundo

The Welsh Rugby Team on 21:01 - Jan 2 by jack247

The Welsh rugby team are the 4th or 5th best in the world. What a stupid analogy.

4th or 5th best out of a pool of probably 12 teams......the rest are just fodder.

Swansea City-Officially the best football team in Wales-FACT

The Welsh Rugby Team on 08:58 - Jan 3 with 2432 viewsbuilthjack

The Welsh Rugby Team on 21:01 - Jan 2 by jack247

Out of 11 or 12.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Welsh Rugby Team on 09:07 - Jan 3 with 2419 viewsjack247

The Welsh Rugby Team on 08:58 - Jan 3 by builthjack

Out of 11 or 12.

Out of 100 or so. It just so happens we are an elite team in professional rugby. I wouldn't mind the Swans always losing to the top 3 and beating everyone else
The Welsh Rugby Team on 11:37 - Jan 3 with 2363 viewsdailew

The Welsh Rugby Team on 09:07 - Jan 3 by jack247

Out of 100 or so. It just so happens we are an elite team in professional rugby. I wouldn't mind the Swans always losing to the top 3 and beating everyone else

Teams below 15th are mostly joke teams made up of ex-pats.

And Wales doesn't always beat everyone outside the top 3, but you're right they always lose to the top 3.

Much prefer the Swans getting world-wide recognition by finishing 8th in the world's most popular league of the world's most popular sport than being ranked 4th in some parochial game hardly anyone who lives outside a dozen or so countries has even heard of.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2016 11:41]

Poll: Would you like Rodgers back as the new manager ?

The Welsh Rugby Team on 11:41 - Jan 3 with 2356 viewsDewi1jack

The Welsh Rugby Team on 09:07 - Jan 3 by jack247

And Swansea are the 17th best team out of around 5,300 football clubs playing in English FA leagues.
The majority of them are part timers/ semi professional. Over 92 of them are fully professional
Nearly all the 100 , apart from maybe 15 ,you mention are part timers/ semi professional.
Slight difference

Besides that.
Stupid and bad analogy really.
I and hundreds of millions more people, don't give a flying fuk about International Rugby.
More people watch the FA Cup final than the number combined that watched the whole of the Rugby World cup.
One game over about 30 (can't even be arsed to check how many games the Rugby had.)

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

The Welsh Rugby Team on 11:54 - Jan 3 with 2338 viewsjack247

The Welsh Rugby Team on 11:41 - Jan 3 by Dewi1jack

And Swansea are the 17th best team out of around 5,300 football clubs playing in English FA leagues.
The majority of them are part timers/ semi professional. Over 92 of them are fully professional
Nearly all the 100 , apart from maybe 15 ,you mention are part timers/ semi professional.
Slight difference

Besides that.
Stupid and bad analogy really.
I and hundreds of millions more people, don't give a flying fuk about International Rugby.
More people watch the FA Cup final than the number combined that watched the whole of the Rugby World cup.
One game over about 30 (can't even be arsed to check how many games the Rugby had.)

Right. So to hold up the Welsh rugby team as a badge of failure is a stupid analogy then.
The Welsh Rugby Team on 12:09 - Jan 3 with 2302 viewsDewi1jack

The Welsh Rugby Team on 11:54 - Jan 3 by jack247

Right. So to hold up the Welsh rugby team as a badge of failure is a stupid analogy then.

Are they Welsh rugby team a failure?
I don't remember calling them a failure. That's not something I feel I'm qualified to answer, as I don't give a flying fuk about them.
Got further in the tournament than teams who have more people to choose from. Got further in the tournament than quite a few other teams.
Struggling to remember reading/ hearing about them coming last in the 6 nations either.

Are you implying the Swans are a failure?
I really think you don't understand the word failure if that's your position.

Try looking at Cardiff City FC/ Portsmouth/ Leeds/ Hereford (under their last knob owner) etc to see failure.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

The Welsh Rugby Team on 12:20 - Jan 3 with 2278 viewsjack247

The Welsh Rugby Team on 12:09 - Jan 3 by Dewi1jack

Are they Welsh rugby team a failure?
I don't remember calling them a failure. That's not something I feel I'm qualified to answer, as I don't give a flying fuk about them.
Got further in the tournament than teams who have more people to choose from. Got further in the tournament than quite a few other teams.
Struggling to remember reading/ hearing about them coming last in the 6 nations either.

Are you implying the Swans are a failure?
I really think you don't understand the word failure if that's your position.

Try looking at Cardiff City FC/ Portsmouth/ Leeds/ Hereford (under their last knob owner) etc to see failure.

I'm talking about the original post. I quoted you as your post pretty much backed up my point.
The Welsh Rugby Team on 12:50 - Jan 3 with 2239 viewsDewi1jack

The Welsh Rugby Team on 12:20 - Jan 3 by jack247

I'm talking about the original post. I quoted you as your post pretty much backed up my point.

Maybe I'm daft and misreading your post.
I mind us losing any game, top 3 clubs or not.
I wouldn't be happy if Real Madrid/ Barcelona/ Bayern Munich turned us over (even though I'd expect them to beat us and would happily take a draw before the game!!.)
It just doesn't wreck my whole weekend nowadays when we lose.
It used to when I was teens to mid thirties

Most Welsh rugby fans who watch the Internationals, have
1/ no understanding of the game;
2/ daft daffodils around their faces;
3/ Are only there to say "I wuz there" and get p1ssed

Wales Rugby are in the best 6 out of say 12 - 15 professional world wide teams.
Football has well over 150 professional International teams.
Wales football are around 17th best out of over 200.
And had a much, much harder period of qualification for a major tournament than Wales Rugby did

Swansea are in the top 20 out of over 100 professional teams in the English FA system alone.
Swansea are in the top 30 highest earning clubs in the World (over 6 million registered league clubs in the World.)
Figures show what a bad analogy it is.
Some minority sport (in World terms) used as a comparison to the World's number 1 watched sport.
Fishing is far closer in numbers of participants and spectators to football.
Should have used that

The Welsh Rugby Team on 12:57 - Jan 3 with 2230 viewsjack247

The Welsh Rugby Team on 12:50 - Jan 3 by Dewi1jack

Maybe I'm daft and misreading your post.
I mind us losing any game, top 3 clubs or not.
I wouldn't be happy if Real Madrid/ Barcelona/ Bayern Munich turned us over (even though I'd expect them to beat us and would happily take a draw before the game!!.)
It just doesn't wreck my whole weekend nowadays when we lose.
It used to when I was teens to mid thirties

Most Welsh rugby fans who watch the Internationals, have
1/ no understanding of the game;
2/ daft daffodils around their faces;
3/ Are only there to say "I wuz there" and get p1ssed

Wales Rugby are in the best 6 out of say 12 - 15 professional world wide teams.
Football has well over 150 professional International teams.
Wales football are around 17th best out of over 200.
And had a much, much harder period of qualification for a major tournament than Wales Rugby did

Swansea are in the top 20 out of over 100 professional teams in the English FA system alone.
Swansea are in the top 30 highest earning clubs in the World (over 6 million registered league clubs in the World.)
Figures show what a bad analogy it is.
Some minority sport (in World terms) used as a comparison to the World's number 1 watched sport.
Fishing is far closer in numbers of participants and spectators to football.
Should have used that

Yeah, I think you are reading too much into it. The original post implied that the Swans were heroic losers (failures) just like the Welsh rugby team. I class both as successes.

I'm not saying I'd be happy to lose to the top three every time, but would take it if it meant having the recent record Wales do against everyone outside of SA, AUS, NZ.

As an aside, when you compare player pools and money spent on rugby in England and France to Wales, the Welsh rugby team are a resounding success.

Agree with your point about Welsh rugby fans, I firmly believe that football is our national sport and rugby is a national event as much as a sporting one, like Beajolais day with sport on in the background, but that isn't the players fault.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024