Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matters money 17:00 - Jan 26 with 3065 viewssully49

IMHO we need to put aside, for now at least, our dogmatic approach in the bottom line and all things financial. The financially more astute amongst us will probably say I'm talking nonsence, but here I go.
We all know that our premier league status is vital, to say the least, and our personal holy grail, which will define us this season. I don't want to be one who look's at the all lower divisions pointing out who used to be in premier league.
We will have our share of the obcene money coming our way at the end of this season. I am only taking about increasing our budgetary, and player wage figure here.
Therefore, why can't we consider going into a "manageable" debt solution to help us set our sights higher in our desperate need for a striker. The addition of a proven goal scoring stricker is a MUST and will more than help us in our struggle going forward, thus allowing us our rightly deserved seat at the top table of arguably the best leage in the world.
If the rumours, doing the rounds currently, are to be believed then the available money isn't great so I think uping that figure would be in the region of £15-25M.(open to debate) Not huge amount in the grand scheme of things.
Speculate to accumulate in regards our additional ground capacity, thus increasing our ST's and bums on seats at every game paying its way very quickly is another issue all together.
We will have continuing faith with HJ to bring in a rough diamond for peanuts, as usual, but with the clock ticking ever closer, I don't believe we have the time to wait.
It is with this money that I would reimburse that managed debt.
Of course the next obvious question will be, God forbid, what will happen should we go down then I suggest the parachute payment and players wage savings, as they will all leave as soon as the season is over, would amply suffice.
I could be completely wrong in my ranting's but one thing I am not, and that a new stricker is desperate and the clock is clicking as loud as the one closing that window.
It's only my opinion but one given honestly.
[Post edited 27 Jan 2016 16:33]

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

Matters money on 17:09 - Jan 26 with 1905 viewsdobjack2

As has been said a lot of times recently it's not just a matter of a transfer fee. Add in signing on fees agents fees and what we are paying them.

The contract is a big issue - not every player fecks off when a team are relegated. Sign someone on a four year contract no relegation clause and watch them pick up the pay check. Another club won't give them the same wages so they run the contract down. There have been plenty of examples of that happening.

Where we are in the league a lot of players won't want a relegation type clause in their contracts and the board believe we need them as a relegation safety net. Not as easy to spend the money as it looks.
Matters money on 17:12 - Jan 26 with 1876 viewsOldjack

Do you think we'll stay up without adding to the squad ? I think we will if we don't get an injury crisis

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Matters money on 17:19 - Jan 26 with 1825 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Matters money on 17:09 - Jan 26 by dobjack2

As has been said a lot of times recently it's not just a matter of a transfer fee. Add in signing on fees agents fees and what we are paying them.

The contract is a big issue - not every player fecks off when a team are relegated. Sign someone on a four year contract no relegation clause and watch them pick up the pay check. Another club won't give them the same wages so they run the contract down. There have been plenty of examples of that happening.

Where we are in the league a lot of players won't want a relegation type clause in their contracts and the board believe we need them as a relegation safety net. Not as easy to spend the money as it looks.

"The contract is a big issue - not every player fecks off when a team are relegated. Sign someone on a four year contract no relegation clause and watch them pick up the pay check. Another club won't give them the same wages so they run the contract down. There have been plenty of examples of that happening. "

Can you provide those examples, or is this another urban myth?
I can't see any ambituous young player wanted his career stalled by spending a Year in the Championship after getting on to the Premiership gravy train.
I can see older players like Gomis possibly doing it to run down their career, but not youngsters, especially if they are also Internationals as well.
Matters money on 17:26 - Jan 26 with 1783 viewsmonmouth

Ah splendid, it must be late January again. Spring's on its way.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Matters money on 17:28 - Jan 26 with 1772 viewsdobjack2

Where we are in the league a lot of players won't want a relegation type clause in their contracts and the board believe we need them as a relegation safety net. Not as easy to buy players as it looks.
Matters money on 17:51 - Jan 26 with 1724 viewsClinton

Even if prepared to spend, Its getting the quality that's the problem. Not seen many available thats guaranteed better than Ayew.

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Matters money on 17:56 - Jan 26 with 1712 viewslondonlisa2001

I can't think of a single player (other than someone completely out of our league) that could 'guarantee' survival.

Isn't that actually the point? All the clubs around us are buying players to do that, and by definition, three of them will be wrong in their assumption.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't strengthen - we absolutely should, but the premise of getting someone in to guarantee us staying up is just wrong.
Matters money on 17:59 - Jan 26 with 1695 viewsunion_jack

Matters money on 17:12 - Jan 26 by Oldjack

Do you think we'll stay up without adding to the squad ? I think we will if we don't get an injury crisis

Maybe. But injuries are more likely as the season goes on so I'd like some back up.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Login to get fewer ads

Matters money on 18:01 - Jan 26 with 1679 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Matters money on 17:56 - Jan 26 by londonlisa2001

I can't think of a single player (other than someone completely out of our league) that could 'guarantee' survival.

Isn't that actually the point? All the clubs around us are buying players to do that, and by definition, three of them will be wrong in their assumption.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't strengthen - we absolutely should, but the premise of getting someone in to guarantee us staying up is just wrong.

Not to "guarantee" but to "improve the likelyhood" is what we need.
We are curently too thin on the ground in Goal scorers, unless Gomis goes on another 9 goals in 10 games we need someone to cover Ayew and add firepower as well.
Matters money on 18:32 - Jan 26 with 1616 viewssherpajacob

a manageable debt situation would become unmanageable if we went down anyway.

The board quite rightly will not take that gamble.

i personally think " the extra money next season" is a misnomer.
three teams will go down and three teams will come up.

The extra money for staying in tbe pl guarantees nothing because all the teams will get it next season and three of them will still go down.

Finally, our current squad is 4 points above the drop zone and would be higher but for attrocious officiating.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Matters money on 18:37 - Jan 26 with 1592 viewstomdickharry

With the money rolling into the coffers of the club, Managing its finances incorporating modern business accounting practices should be a piece of cake.
Matters money on 18:39 - Jan 26 with 1580 viewsjack247

Matters money on 17:51 - Jan 26 by Clinton

Even if prepared to spend, Its getting the quality that's the problem. Not seen many available thats guaranteed better than Ayew.

We don't need someone better than Ayew, we need someone better than Gomis and Eder. Ayew is just as threatening drifting in from wide with a centre forward distracting defenders. If we managed to bring a goal threat in and had Siggy and Ayew in the team as well, we would be a lot harder to defend against.
Matters money on 18:56 - Jan 26 with 1541 viewsmonmouth

Matters money on 18:37 - Jan 26 by tomdickharry

With the money rolling into the coffers of the club, Managing its finances incorporating modern business accounting practices should be a piece of cake.

There you go again. What modern business accounting practices are missing?

Matters money on 19:04 - Jan 26 with 1516 viewsDr_Winston

Matters money on 18:56 - Jan 26 by monmouth

Tuned him out a long time ago.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Matters money on 19:13 - Jan 26 with 1494 viewsmonmouth

Matters money on 19:04 - Jan 26 by Dr_Winston

Tuned him out a long time ago.

Ta

Matters money on 19:34 - Jan 26 with 1457 viewsvetchonian

But how do we know that change in approach will get us the result?
Newcastle,Sunderland ,Norwich and Bournemouth have all shelled out money already this window but have you seen their results turn?
That does not mean we do not need strengthening but with the right player at the right price and right deal.
We all talk about next years money .....my thoughts on this are that though the rewards are higher the "extra" funds will just get lost as players and agents expectations will rise knowing the additional funds clubs will have available.
Maybe we need to find that rough diamond or hope someone like Mcburnie can come
Through.Its a difficult time to be dabbling in the market all we need to get behind team Swansea and believe .

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Matters money on 19:42 - Jan 26 with 1440 viewstomdickharry

Matters money on 18:56 - Jan 26 by monmouth

No idea.
Matters money on 20:48 - Jan 26 with 1368 viewssully49

Matters money on 19:34 - Jan 26 by vetchonian

But how do we know that change in approach will get us the result?
Newcastle,Sunderland ,Norwich and Bournemouth have all shelled out money already this window but have you seen their results turn?
That does not mean we do not need strengthening but with the right player at the right price and right deal.
We all talk about next years money .....my thoughts on this are that though the rewards are higher the "extra" funds will just get lost as players and agents expectations will rise knowing the additional funds clubs will have available.
Maybe we need to find that rough diamond or hope someone like Mcburnie can come
Through.Its a difficult time to be dabbling in the market all we need to get behind team Swansea and believe .

I agree what you're saying I was expressing the urgency of bringing in a stricker that was a proven goal scorer and that has to addressed now!!
Our problem isn't creating sufficient chances, it's converting them in to goals. Of course there are no cast iron guarantee's, but the only way is to definitely sort ourselves out is to score more goals than your opponent, we aren't doing it now.
IMHO we won't go down but we must capatalise on our current form to get ourselves out of danger.
Our part in this is we, in ALL parts are ground, is to totally get the boys 101% every game.
[Post edited 26 Jan 2016 21:02]

Matters money on 21:07 - Jan 26 with 1324 viewsvetchonian

Matters money on 20:48 - Jan 26 by sully49

I agree what you're saying I was expressing the urgency of bringing in a stricker that was a proven goal scorer and that has to addressed now!!
Our problem isn't creating sufficient chances, it's converting them in to goals. Of course there are no cast iron guarantee's, but the only way is to definitely sort ourselves out is to score more goals than your opponent, we aren't doing it now.
IMHO we won't go down but we must capatalise on our current form to get ourselves out of danger.
Our part in this is we, in ALL parts are ground, is to totally get the boys 101% every game.

The issue is where do we find that proven goal scorer? Most are already at other
Premier clubs and any wishing for "sideways" moves will demand a high fee and wages with no guarantee of doing the biz as and when they arrive. Bony and Gomis had been "prolific" goal scorers at their clubs prior to joining us ......maybe we just need Gomis switched back on.
But I can't see us splashing out a huge wedge currently and hope that HJ has an ace (hopefully not a joker) up his sleeve?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Matters money on 21:24 - Jan 26 with 1295 viewsGh0st

If Ayew gets injured we are pretty much f*cked.
Matters money on 21:39 - Jan 26 with 1258 viewssully49

Matters money on 21:07 - Jan 26 by vetchonian

The issue is where do we find that proven goal scorer? Most are already at other
Premier clubs and any wishing for "sideways" moves will demand a high fee and wages with no guarantee of doing the biz as and when they arrive. Bony and Gomis had been "prolific" goal scorers at their clubs prior to joining us ......maybe we just need Gomis switched back on.
But I can't see us splashing out a huge wedge currently and hope that HJ has an ace (hopefully not a joker) up his sleeve?

If we can get Gomis scoring that would be a brilliant senario. But he has to reclaim his mojo now, perhaps becoming a father will be sufficiently motivating for him we call for, hope another but coming I'm sorry, but it had the opposite effect on JJS.

Matters money on 21:46 - Jan 26 with 1250 viewsmonmouth

Matters money on 20:48 - Jan 26 by sully49

I don't know, I think our problem is exactly that. Creating enough chances I mean.

Matters money on 22:01 - Jan 26 with 1227 viewssully49

Matters money on 21:46 - Jan 26 by monmouth

I don't know, I think our problem is exactly that. Creating enough chances I mean.

That would sorted if we have the right man up front, we haven't seen that style since Bony left. We need an attacking centre forward coupled with our midfielder players scoring more .
[Post edited 26 Jan 2016 22:05]

Matters money on 22:09 - Jan 26 with 1201 viewssherpajacob

Some seem to be deriding the fact that our rivals are spending money and we aren't.

Be honest, would you want us spending £12m on the likes of Andros Townsend?

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Matters money on 22:26 - Jan 26 with 1171 viewssully49

Matters money on 22:09 - Jan 26 by sherpajacob

Some seem to be deriding the fact that our rivals are spending money and we aren't.

Be honest, would you want us spending £12m on the likes of Andros Townsend?

Absolutely not, but need someone to stand up be counted or bring in. someone that can.
I couldn't give a monkeys what other clubs do, my only concerned what we require.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024