Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loudest Away Supporters 09:28 - Feb 21 with 6455 viewsJackanapes

Stoke circa 1979. League cup. Few hundred of them in the section next to the Centre Stand and they sounded like thousands. Maybe it was because we were in the double decker, but that was the first time Id heard anything like it.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2016 9:58]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Scariest Volume of Away Supporters on 09:29 - Feb 21 with 4392 viewsJackfath

Crystal Palarse, recently and that Russian (?) team who visited when we were in the Europa Cup.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Scariest Volume of Away Supporters on 09:33 - Feb 21 with 4375 viewsmonmouth

Was that the Stoke game when they just kept 'Alan Durbans barmy army' going for about 40 minutes non stop?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Scariest Volume of Away Supporters on 09:33 - Feb 21 with 4375 viewsJackanapes

I guess the proximity has a bearing on how we percieve it. Palace were certainly loud but the Stoke fans put the fear into me that night.( Maybe being 10 had something to do with it as well)
[Post edited 21 Feb 2016 9:35]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Scariest Volume of Away Supporters on 09:34 - Feb 21 with 4373 viewsJackanapes

Scariest Volume of Away Supporters on 09:33 - Feb 21 by monmouth

Was that the Stoke game when they just kept 'Alan Durbans barmy army' going for about 40 minutes non stop?

Yup. That game is the only reason I know who he was. I felt a little aggrieved that a Welshman could inflict such misery on us. I didnt really understand at that age.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2016 9:39]

Scariest Volume of Away Supporters on 09:34 - Feb 21 with 4369 viewsJackfath

Scariest Volume of Away Supporters on 09:33 - Feb 21 by Jackanapes

I guess the proximity has a bearing on how we percieve it. Palace were certainly loud but the Stoke fans put the fear into me that night.( Maybe being 10 had something to do with it as well)
[Post edited 21 Feb 2016 9:35]

I don't really get scared when hearing the noise created by opposition fans. Or at least I've never heard it to that sort of volume to be scared.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Scariest Volume of Away Supporters on 09:36 - Feb 21 with 4364 viewsJackanapes

Scariest Volume of Away Supporters on 09:34 - Feb 21 by Jackfath

I don't really get scared when hearing the noise created by opposition fans. Or at least I've never heard it to that sort of volume to be scared.

like I said I was 10 years old at the time.

Scariest Volume of Away Supporters on 09:38 - Feb 21 with 4350 viewsJackfath

Scariest Volume of Away Supporters on 09:36 - Feb 21 by Jackanapes

like I said I was 10 years old at the time.

Oh yes, I've just read you've edited that in.

I was scared of my uncle David when I was 10.

Scariest Volume of Away Supporters on 09:41 - Feb 21 with 4335 views1983

Scariest Volume of Away Supporters on 09:38 - Feb 21 by Jackfath

Oh yes, I've just read you've edited that in.

I was scared of my uncle David when I was 10.

Operation Yew tree?

Login to get fewer ads

Scariest Volume of Away Supporters on 09:43 - Feb 21 with 4328 viewsJackfath

Scariest Volume of Away Supporters on 09:41 - Feb 21 by 1983

Operation Yew tree?

No. He could pop his eye out with a dessert spoon.

Scariest Volume of Away Supporters on 09:45 - Feb 21 with 4317 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Reading the thread title I was going to answer the 1654 metres cubed of villa fans that came down the Vetch in 1981

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Scariest Volume of Away Supporters on 10:02 - Feb 21 with 4275 viewsmonmouth

Scariest Volume of Away Supporters on 09:45 - Feb 21 by Brynmill_Jack

Reading the thread title I was going to answer the 1654 metres cubed of villa fans that came down the Vetch in 1981

Oh yeah. I was 11 then and I'd never seen anything like that. I just gawped at them. 24000 plus in the ground wasn't there?

Scariest Volume of Away Supporters on 10:08 - Feb 21 with 4254 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Scariest Volume of Away Supporters on 10:02 - Feb 21 by monmouth

Oh yeah. I was 11 then and I'd never seen anything like that. I just gawped at them. 24000 plus in the ground wasn't there?

Hell of an occasion! That was real scary football, a proper crew trying to genuinely "take the north bank" rather than those pretenders up the road.

I notice the OP has changed the thread title. Shame, everyone knew what he meant . My interjection was for humours sake not sarcasm

Scariest Volume of Away Supporters on 10:16 - Feb 21 with 4230 viewsLoyal

Scariest Volume of Away Supporters on 09:43 - Feb 21 by Jackfath

No. He could pop his eye out with a dessert spoon.

I can bend my cock fully backwards and piss in my eye.
I'm going round to see the family this afternoon for some Sunday dinner, any thoughts on a post dinner party trick ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Scariest Volume of Away Supporters on 10:25 - Feb 21 with 4212 viewsmonmouth

Scariest Volume of Away Supporters on 10:16 - Feb 21 by Loyal

I can bend my cock fully backwards and piss in my eye.
I'm going round to see the family this afternoon for some Sunday dinner, any thoughts on a post dinner party trick ?

Toad in the hole?

Scariest Volume of Away Supporters on 11:41 - Feb 21 with 4113 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Scariest Volume of Away Supporters on 09:45 - Feb 21 by Brynmill_Jack

In a giant water bottle

Loudest Away Supporters on 12:20 - Feb 21 with 4063 viewsLoyal

Swansea have been the loudest away supporters many times, but not many on here would admit it.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Scariest Volume of Away Supporters on 12:43 - Feb 21 with 4034 viewsWarwickHunt

Scariest Volume of Away Supporters on 10:08 - Feb 21 by Brynmill_Jack

Hell of an occasion! That was real scary football, a proper crew trying to genuinely "take the north bank" rather than those pretenders up the road.

I notice the OP has changed the thread title. Shame, everyone knew what he meant . My interjection was for humours sake not sarcasm

They tried and failed miserably in 70s too...
Scariest Volume of Away Supporters on 13:00 - Feb 21 with 4004 viewsmonmouth

Scariest Volume of Away Supporters on 12:43 - Feb 21 by WarwickHunt

They tried and failed miserably in 70s too...

I actually thought he was talking about 1971 or 1972. Thats the one thatstuck inmy mind as it was the biggest crowd I'd ever seen at the time.

Loudest Away Supporters on 13:28 - Feb 21 with 3967 viewscimlajack

Loudest Away Supporters on 12:20 - Feb 21 by Loyal

Swansea have been the loudest away supporters many times, but not many on here would admit it.

Not many would know
Scariest Volume of Away Supporters on 14:18 - Feb 21 with 3917 viewsraynor94

Scariest Volume of Away Supporters on 13:00 - Feb 21 by monmouth

I actually thought he was talking about 1971 or 1972. Thats the one thatstuck inmy mind as it was the biggest crowd I'd ever seen at the time.

That was the two occasions, first one was in the August, Villa on the east terrace came across and battered quite a few, including Hank who was carried away across the pitch.Following season Boxing day never seen fighting like it Villa were on the bank early but were forced off, still fetches shivers to the spine after all these years

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Loudest Away Supporters on 14:27 - Feb 21 with 3902 viewsLoyal

Loudest Away Supporters on 13:28 - Feb 21 by cimlajack

Not many would know

We have an extraordinary away support for the fiscal capability of persons in the area and distances travelled mind ...

Loudest Away Supporters on 14:39 - Feb 21 with 3884 viewsSwanseaTID

Napoli in our Europa league game at the Liberty is the loudest I've personally ever experienced. They were all in the ground an hour before kick off, madest thing I've ever seen
Scariest Volume of Away Supporters on 14:41 - Feb 21 with 3877 viewsWarwickHunt

Scariest Volume of Away Supporters on 14:18 - Feb 21 by raynor94

That was the two occasions, first one was in the August, Villa on the east terrace came across and battered quite a few, including Hank who was carried away across the pitch.Following season Boxing day never seen fighting like it Villa were on the bank early but were forced off, still fetches shivers to the spine after all these years

Started about 1 o'clock inside the ground. Police were overwhelmed and powerless.

Think the infamous "axe inside the Crombie" episode was the August fixture though.
Loudest Away Supporters on 15:01 - Feb 21 with 3841 viewsbuilthjack

Loudest Away Supporters on 14:39 - Feb 21 by SwanseaTID

Napoli in our Europa league game at the Liberty is the loudest I've personally ever experienced. They were all in the ground an hour before kick off, madest thing I've ever seen

All dressed in black with a couple of choirmasters with their backs to the pitch all game.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Loudest Away Supporters on 15:03 - Feb 21 with 3835 viewsJackfath

Loudest Away Supporters on 15:01 - Feb 21 by builthjack

All dressed in black with a couple of choirmasters with their backs to the pitch all game.

A role that a few in the East stand would love. That sort of thing would help us no end in the final push. I am surprised nobody has tried it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024