Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Amazon firestick 15:03 - Aug 16 with 5862 viewsmagicdaps10

Just bought one and installed Kodi on it, thoroughly impressed with it and was easy to install kodi following a link on youtube.

Any other good installs that i can put on it for the footy and films?
A link to your suggestions would be nice.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Amazon firestick on 15:09 - Aug 16 with 5844 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

Have you got that youtube link there mate?

I couldn't find any football on mine on the weekend but I think it needs updating, haven't used it since the end of last season.
Amazon firestick on 15:22 - Aug 16 with 5810 viewsWxmJax

Exodus for films, tv

Google seo Michael for help loading them

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Amazon firestick on 15:34 - Aug 16 with 5777 viewsmagicdaps10

https://seo-michael.co.uk/how-to-install-phoenix-for-xbmc/

That is not the exact one i used but will check later on my laptop history and post the link if i can find it.

Amazon firestick on 15:50 - Aug 16 with 5740 viewsReturn_of_the_Jack

Cheers I'll have a look
Amazon firestick on 17:07 - Aug 16 with 5611 viewsHugeEnkins

Install the hub wizard from the fusion repository and it will install all the best add-ons for you.

Use the Maintenance tool in the program menu to 'enable zero cache from the system tweaks menu - it will help with streaming. You might get hassled for it running out of space after a while. If and when that happens and you've used the hub wizard you can do the programs menu then the maintenance tool > General maintenance and 'clear cache'
Amazon firestick on 17:34 - Aug 16 with 5578 viewsjedijack

Amazon firestick on 17:07 - Aug 16 by HugeEnkins

Install the hub wizard from the fusion repository and it will install all the best add-ons for you.

Use the Maintenance tool in the program menu to 'enable zero cache from the system tweaks menu - it will help with streaming. You might get hassled for it running out of space after a while. If and when that happens and you've used the hub wizard you can do the programs menu then the maintenance tool > General maintenance and 'clear cache'

I would suggest not using zero cache, shouldn't be any need to these days
Amazon firestick on 17:37 - Aug 16 with 5567 viewsHugeEnkins

Amazon firestick on 17:34 - Aug 16 by jedijack

I would suggest not using zero cache, shouldn't be any need to these days

Each to their own I guess. I've got shyte internet where I live and it's a life saver..
Amazon firestick on 17:56 - Aug 16 with 5540 viewsmonmouth

I have the aqua build on the firestick as I don't care about security on the stick and don't have linked connectivity with other devices. That works pretty well for the common add ons.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Amazon firestick on 18:55 - Aug 16 with 5468 viewsMattG

The Castaway add-on is usually pretty good for footy - not sure what repo it is in but a quick Google should sort you out.
Amazon firestick on 18:57 - Aug 16 with 5463 viewsmagicdaps10

Found the tutorial i used as promised.

Amazon firestick on 19:19 - Aug 16 with 5425 viewsswan65split

Amazon firestick on 18:57 - Aug 16 by magicdaps10

Found the tutorial i used as promised.

no workie wookie
Amazon firestick on 01:42 - Aug 17 with 5237 viewsFatherJack

Amazon firestick on 18:55 - Aug 16 by MattG

The Castaway add-on is usually pretty good for footy - not sure what repo it is in but a quick Google should sort you out.

Follow the guide at https://seo-michael.co.uk/tutorial-how-to-install-castaway-kodi

I can usually find a watchable and (mostly) buffer-free stream under the Dimsports section in Castaway.

Poll: Who will be our first choice centre back pairing by the end of the season?

Amazon firestick on 07:01 - Aug 17 with 5200 viewsSwaneeRiver

Download Modbro through the Apps ( not through Kodi) - all Sky and many other channels available free. Only drawback you need to use the ES App to load it on.
I would also suggest getting a Bluetooth keyboard - much easier for managing ES / Kodi etc
Amazon firestick on 07:06 - Aug 17 with 5193 viewsMattG

Amazon firestick on 07:01 - Aug 17 by SwaneeRiver

Download Modbro through the Apps ( not through Kodi) - all Sky and many other channels available free. Only drawback you need to use the ES App to load it on.
I would also suggest getting a Bluetooth keyboard - much easier for managing ES / Kodi etc

Is there a good keyboard / touchpad combo you can recommend? I've installed the BT Sports app on my Firestick but that can only be controlled by a mouse / touchpad and not by the standard Firestick controller.
Amazon firestick on 07:53 - Aug 17 with 5153 viewsSwaneeRiver

Amazon firestick on 07:06 - Aug 17 by MattG

Is there a good keyboard / touchpad combo you can recommend? I've installed the BT Sports app on my Firestick but that can only be controlled by a mouse / touchpad and not by the standard Firestick controller.

This is the one I bought which does the job for me. (hope link will show it)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B018I3KBTK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=
It's called a Rii i8BT Multifunction Bluetooth Portable Mini Wireless Keyboard with Touchpad Mouse , KODI XBMC Rechargable Keyboard and cost £12.99 - free delivery with Prime.
I believe it has potential to operate lots of other devices but I haven't had time to try it out yet.
Amazon firestick on 08:59 - Aug 17 with 5108 viewsmagicdaps10

Amazon firestick on 07:01 - Aug 17 by SwaneeRiver

I downloaded Modbro(not through kodi) and all working well, just cant seem to find where the streaming for the football(non sky/bt) is.
Any advice where i might find it?

I find the remote pretty good that comes with the fire stick. a bit tedious/long winded when typing but i can live with it.

Amazon firestick on 11:14 - Aug 17 with 5027 viewsSwaneeRiver

Amazon firestick on 08:59 - Aug 17 by magicdaps10

I downloaded Modbro(not through kodi) and all working well, just cant seem to find where the streaming for the football(non sky/bt) is.
Any advice where i might find it?

I find the remote pretty good that comes with the fire stick. a bit tedious/long winded when typing but i can live with it.

I don't believe it offers you the option to select anything other than what the broadcaster is showing at that time (e.g. whatever is on Sky Sports 1, etc)
However on the category page click on the sports sign then go down through the channels and you may find the channel that has our game on.
I haven't tried it out when Swans are playing yet, but guess you need a Europe wide channel guide of who's showing what ?
If I find any more out I'll let you know.
I like using a keyboard, but I'm just lazy I guess !
Amazon firestick on 11:53 - Aug 17 with 4985 viewsmagicdaps10

Amazon firestick on 11:14 - Aug 17 by SwaneeRiver

I don't believe it offers you the option to select anything other than what the broadcaster is showing at that time (e.g. whatever is on Sky Sports 1, etc)
However on the category page click on the sports sign then go down through the channels and you may find the channel that has our game on.
I haven't tried it out when Swans are playing yet, but guess you need a Europe wide channel guide of who's showing what ?
If I find any more out I'll let you know.
I like using a keyboard, but I'm just lazy I guess !

Good man.

Amazon firestick on 13:30 - Aug 17 with 4909 viewsmalagajack

Bookmark this page or download the app from playstore

http://www.livesoccertv.com/teams/wales/swansea-city/
Amazon firestick on 16:52 - Aug 17 with 4824 viewssketty_jack

Download the fire tv app on your iPad/iPhone if you want a controller with keyboard.
Amazon firestick on 17:30 - Aug 17 with 4792 viewsjedijack

Amazon firestick on 17:37 - Aug 16 by HugeEnkins

Each to their own I guess. I've got shyte internet where I live and it's a life saver..

You'd probably be better off tweaking the buffer value, if your device has enough free memory to cope with it. Zero cache isn't good for the nand storage lifespan and therefore should be avoided, if at all possible.
Amazon firestick on 19:22 - Aug 17 with 4750 viewsMattG

Amazon firestick on 16:52 - Aug 17 by sketty_jack

Download the fire tv app on your iPad/iPhone if you want a controller with keyboard.

I have been using Wukong Remote on my Android phone but it's not the best.

Might give your suggestion a try on the iPad tho - cheers.
Amazon firestick on 20:08 - Aug 17 with 4713 viewsmonmouth

Amazon firestick on 16:52 - Aug 17 by sketty_jack

Bloody brilliant. Ta.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024