Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bob's first interview 19:02 - Oct 5 with 18548 viewsJonnyTheJack

Bob's first interview on 19:14 - Oct 5 with 8589 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Well briefed, positive answers to not too stretching questions, overplay on supporters?Maybe they realise the PR gaps are not in their interest?

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Bob's first interview on 19:14 - Oct 5 with 8589 viewsShonky

Speaks well. A bit spoon-fed but that's not a surprise.

Its just a ride...

Bob's first interview on 19:15 - Oct 5 with 8576 viewsMurph75

Nice little dig at the fans by the fella asking questions. 7.11minutes in.
Bob's first interview on 19:15 - Oct 5 with 8564 viewsjackjackjackjack

Go Bob!

He gets my backing.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Bob's first interview on 19:17 - Oct 5 with 8545 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Bob's first interview on 19:15 - Oct 5 by Murph75

Nice little dig at the fans by the fella asking questions. 7.11minutes in.

He did turn it round to say its about players doing the right things, rather than pick up on the fans.

Bob's first interview on 19:18 - Oct 5 with 8522 viewsMurph75

Bob's first interview on 19:17 - Oct 5 by JACKMANANDBOY

He did turn it round to say its about players doing the right things, rather than pick up on the fans.

I thought it was a little unfair by asking him a loaded question like that.

Bob seems ok to me.
Bob's first interview on 19:18 - Oct 5 with 8522 viewsPrivate_Partz

Nothing wrong there for me. No Billy Big Balls although the players will be challenged it seems. He has obviously been fed the line that players lack confidence and all is not well.
He talks the talk, let's see if he can walk the walk. There are many coaches that can talk a good game but they have to deliver at the end of the day.
I hope he does it and he and the team will get my support despite my severe misgivings over his appointment, his abilities and the actions of the Board above him.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Bob's first interview on 19:19 - Oct 5 with 8504 viewseddie71

Mine too, much as would have given Franco more time and the board showed a lack of class it's done. Actually reading a bit more about Bob I feel a bit reassured. So time to get behind the new guy.
Login to get fewer ads

Bob's first interview on 19:24 - Oct 5 with 8467 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Bob's first interview on 19:18 - Oct 5 by Murph75

I thought it was a little unfair by asking him a loaded question like that.

Bob seems ok to me.

It's an in house interview, they could have gone for something more challenging and taken the 'bull by the horns' but in the circumstances playing it safe was a reasonable call.

Bob's first interview on 19:26 - Oct 5 with 8430 viewsMurph75

Bob's first interview on 19:24 - Oct 5 by JACKMANANDBOY

It's an in house interview, they could have gone for something more challenging and taken the 'bull by the horns' but in the circumstances playing it safe was a reasonable call.

Why did he feel the need to make suggestions like that about the fans? There was no need for him to mention us in my opinion.
Bob's first interview on 19:29 - Oct 5 with 8394 viewssnork44

Bob's first interview on 19:19 - Oct 5 by eddie71

Mine too, much as would have given Franco more time and the board showed a lack of class it's done. Actually reading a bit more about Bob I feel a bit reassured. So time to get behind the new guy.

Said the rights things, he also said he liked our style of play, he was accused of playing hoofball no way would the fans in Norway and France would have accepted that style of play. He has been around the various top clubs around Europe studying their styles of play. Somehow he reminds me of Rodgers, unknown, fans querying his appointment and he is student of the game. My anger is toward the board and especially Jenkins, not to Bradley. I hope he succeeds and takes Swansea onwards and upwards.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2016 19:31]

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Bob's first interview on 19:30 - Oct 5 with 8389 viewsJethroJack

Go Bob...whoop! whoop!
Top 8...here we come 👌
Bob's first interview on 19:32 - Oct 5 with 8355 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Bob's first interview on 19:26 - Oct 5 by Murph75

Why did he feel the need to make suggestions like that about the fans? There was no need for him to mention us in my opinion.

These things are usually pre-planned and managed to some degree.

I presume someone thought it a good idea to give Bob the chance to ask for support from the fans, wisely he said the team need to do the right things.

But as you say, maybe not the best question following Levien's don't judge him by his nationality and accent statement.

Bob's first interview on 19:33 - Oct 5 with 8349 viewsmacthejack

For someone who's supposed to be highly educated he sounds a bit thick. Says errrr an awful f*cking lot. Got nothing personal against Bob, hope he does well, I fear he wont but am ready and waiting to eat the biggest slice of humble pie you can cut!
Bob's first interview on 19:36 - Oct 5 with 8325 viewsMurph75

Bob's first interview on 19:32 - Oct 5 by JACKMANANDBOY

I presume someone thought it a good idea to give Bob the chance to ask for support from the fans, wisely he said the team need to do the right things.

But as you say, maybe not the best question following Levien's don't judge him by his nationality and accent statement.

That's what I was thinking. In fairness to him he handled it well.
Bob's first interview on 19:37 - Oct 5 with 8308 viewsmonmouth

Good start. Now then, Bobber...

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Bob's first interview on 19:39 - Oct 5 with 8289 viewsmarchamjack

Bob's first interview on 19:30 - Oct 5 by JethroJack

Go Bob...whoop! whoop!
Top 8...here we come 👌

Tell you what struck me, was watching the body language on some of the players when he was doing the rounds introducing himself. Most got up and shook his hand properly...Fede could barely look at him let alone get off his ars to stand up and shake his hand properly. Poor manners marketh the man (or something like that).

PR puff otherwise.

I'll judge him on results and style of play in due course. Hope he succeeds on both (but not holding breath on either).

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Bob's first interview on 19:41 - Oct 5 with 8261 viewsMurph75

Bob's first interview on 19:39 - Oct 5 by marchamjack

Tell you what struck me, was watching the body language on some of the players when he was doing the rounds introducing himself. Most got up and shook his hand properly...Fede could barely look at him let alone get off his ars to stand up and shake his hand properly. Poor manners marketh the man (or something like that).

PR puff otherwise.

I'll judge him on results and style of play in due course. Hope he succeeds on both (but not holding breath on either).

I noticed that as well. Compare his reaction to that of Leon's.
Bob's first interview on 19:41 - Oct 5 with 8250 views3swan

Bob's first interview on 19:18 - Oct 5 by Private_Partz

Nothing wrong there for me. No Billy Big Balls although the players will be challenged it seems. He has obviously been fed the line that players lack confidence and all is not well.
He talks the talk, let's see if he can walk the walk. There are many coaches that can talk a good game but they have to deliver at the end of the day.
I hope he does it and he and the team will get my support despite my severe misgivings over his appointment, his abilities and the actions of the Board above him.

Agree nothing wrong in his first interview and his motivational skills. He now needs to win over seasoned professionals.

Still a sour taste in how things are done, but good luck to him, if he succeeds than so do we
Bob's first interview on 19:43 - Oct 5 with 8236 viewsjackjackjackjack

Yes, Leon, and Rangel. You can tell they're on a different level to the others. Top pros.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Bob's first interview on 19:44 - Oct 5 with 8213 viewsPrivate_Partz

Bob's first interview on 19:32 - Oct 5 by JACKMANANDBOY

In his defence the interviewer has that annoying way of asking a question leaving them only one answer. On the supporters one he could have done a Darren and and said 'eff them' them but he is not going to do that.
Bit unfair to say he is sounding thick. Not sure who said that. Books and covers etc.
Such a shame our DOF remains well out of the way and the Yanks only communicate through Wathan and Talksh!te.
He has a tough enough job to do without being PR and Fans Liason Officer as well.....

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Bob's first interview on 19:44 - Oct 5 with 8209 viewsMattG

Lots of fine words in that interview - hopefully he means them more than Levien and Kaplan did when they spoke so positively about the Trust.

As others have said, it's not Bob's fault he's here so we just have to get behind him. Can't say I'm confident but here's hoping he knocks it out of the park. Good luck Bob!
Bob's first interview on 19:47 - Oct 5 with 8175 viewsJethroJack

PR puff otherwise.

Standing up to shake hands should be a reflex action. Bob will have made a note of that, he'll only pick those that stood up. So, that's Mo & Jeff out of the equation already, forget a quick return to a wide attacking game.
Bob's first interview on 19:48 - Oct 5 with 8160 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

PR puff otherwise.

"It's not about big speeches, it's about shaking hands and looking people in the eyes"

That's Fede and Montero sold in January...

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Bob's first interview on 19:50 - Oct 5 with 8141 viewsjack247

Bob's first interview on 19:44 - Oct 5 by MattG

Lots of fine words in that interview - hopefully he means them more than Levien and Kaplan did when they spoke so positively about the Trust.

As others have said, it's not Bob's fault he's here so we just have to get behind him. Can't say I'm confident but here's hoping he knocks it out of the park. Good luck Bob!

I share that view. This is far from ideal and he certainly wouldn't have been my choice, but he isn't at fault here. No point cutting off our noses to spite our faces, let's just hope he does well
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024