Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swans v Palace - Ninian Park - 70's. 18:37 - Dec 30 with 9762 viewsporschejack

At the time , who in their right mind at the FA decided that a neutral ground to stage this replay should be in Cardiff ?
It was a disaster waiting to happen - and as it turned out - it was .
Anyone remember the carnage on the Bob Bank ?
There would be questions asked if it happened today .
Swans v Palace - Ninian Park - 70's. on 18:43 - Dec 30 with 5263 views34dfgdf54

Didn't a Swans fan die outside the ground?

Terrible planning, god only knows what was going through their heads planning that.
Swans v Palace - Ninian Park - 70's. on 18:44 - Dec 30 with 5250 viewsporschejack

Swans v Palace - Ninian Park - 70's. on 18:43 - Dec 30 by 34dfgdf54

Didn't a Swans fan die outside the ground?

Terrible planning, god only knows what was going through their heads planning that.

Palace fan I think it was .
Swans v Palace - Ninian Park - 70's. on 18:46 - Dec 30 with 5238 viewsmorningstar

Nothing to do with the FA. A coin was tossed to decide which team could choose the neutral venue, we won and it was Toshack who chose Cardiff! How it was allowed too happen? Fvck knows!

Great night tho, apart from the tragedy of course.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Swans v Palace - Ninian Park - 70's. on 18:46 - Dec 30 with 5238 viewssomersetsimon

I must have been too young to notice any trouble! I can remember David Giles dribbling the entire length of the pitch, beating every Palace at least twice, before scoring the winner.

Swans v Palace - Ninian Park - 70's. on 18:50 - Dec 30 with 5210 viewsBorojack

Yes I have wondered why myself.
It was decided on the road of a coin as well.
If Palace had won the toss the game would have been
played at Ashton Gate.
I do remember travelling to the game on a football special train and an announcement being put out to duck under the table as we approached Cardiff station.
Which gives an idea how disorganised the police were at the time.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

Swans v Palace - Ninian Park - 70's. on 18:51 - Dec 30 with 5198 viewsporschejack

Swans v Palace - Ninian Park - 70's. on 18:46 - Dec 30 by somersetsimon

I must have been too young to notice any trouble! I can remember David Giles dribbling the entire length of the pitch, beating every Palace at least twice, before scoring the winner.

It was like last man standing where I was , no old bill - nothing . Didnt see much of the game , just watching my back !
Swans v Palace - Ninian Park - 70's. on 18:52 - Dec 30 with 5189 viewsAl_Bundy

It was a Swans fan you died that night. Got attacked by Palace fans who jumped out of a mini bus.

The Palace fan was caught and prisoned in Cardiff I think but then went to Swansea where I think he took his own life.
Swans v Palace - Ninian Park - 70's. on 18:52 - Dec 30 with 5187 viewsFlashberryjack

Swans v Palace - Ninian Park - 70's. on 18:44 - Dec 30 by porschejack

Swans Fan

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Login to get fewer ads

Swans v Palace - Ninian Park - 70's. on 18:52 - Dec 30 with 5186 viewsSwanjaxs

Swans v Palace - Ninian Park - 70's. on 18:44 - Dec 30 by porschejack

No it was a Swans fan who died, the Palace fan went down for life and hung himself in prison two years later...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Swans v Palace - Ninian Park - 70's. on 19:13 - Dec 30 with 5082 viewsOldjack

Swans v Palace - Ninian Park - 70's. on 18:52 - Dec 30 by Al_Bundy

It was a Swans fan you died that night. Got attacked by Palace fans who jumped out of a mini bus.

The Palace fan was caught and prisoned in Cardiff I think but then went to Swansea where I think he took his own life.

Correct ,great footy night turned into a tragedy by the murder of a fellow Jack .The walk to the ground was horrendous ,scum on every street corner looking for Jacks,not a copper in sight . God knows how but ended up on the Bob bank along with loads of other Jacks,five mins after kick off all hell broke loose when the scum decided they wanted their Bob back ,we managed to get back behind the goals but scuffles were breaking out everywhere

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Swans v Palace - Ninian Park - 70's. on 20:01 - Dec 30 with 4935 viewsAnotherJohn

I was there standing behind one of the goals. I have vague recollections of a rather intimidating walk from the railway station to Ninian Park, but I kept right in the middle of a large group of Jacks and had no trouble. What sticks in the mind are a couple of very close shaves with Palace shots whizzing past the post, and our goal, which in truth came against the run of play. I also remember the Palace team singing 'Whose that team they call the Palace'. Didn't hear about the tragic death until the next day.
Swans v Palace - Ninian Park - 70's. on 20:20 - Dec 30 with 4880 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

My old man took me , I was only a kid , what was he thinking 😂

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Swans v Palace - Ninian Park - 70's. on 20:23 - Dec 30 with 4864 viewsKilkennyjack

Swans v Palace - Ninian Park - 70's. on 19:13 - Dec 30 by Oldjack

Correct ,great footy night turned into a tragedy by the murder of a fellow Jack .The walk to the ground was horrendous ,scum on every street corner looking for Jacks,not a copper in sight . God knows how but ended up on the Bob bank along with loads of other Jacks,five mins after kick off all hell broke loose when the scum decided they wanted their Bob back ,we managed to get back behind the goals but scuffles were breaking out everywhere

We stayed on the Bob bank despite a couple of hundred Cardiff fans doing their best to cause a problem or two. I think it took the wind out of their sales a little when 9/10's of the Bob bank jumped in the air as one and celebrated the Swans goals. Heard announcements during the game about a serious incident near the ground, but did not realise the extent until later. RIP.

Beware of the Risen People

Swans v Palace - Ninian Park - 70's. on 20:25 - Dec 30 with 4858 viewsStarsky

I was living in Newport at the time. Took the Train to Cardiff.
It was very scared but one of the greatest nights of watching the Swans

It's just the internet, init.

Swans v Palace - Ninian Park - 70's. on 20:29 - Dec 30 with 4842 viewsporschejack

I also remember one well known Swans fan being carried away by his mates , out cold he was , no old bill or medics , it was carnage.
Swans v Palace - Ninian Park - 70's. on 20:32 - Dec 30 with 4831 viewsfishman

Was also there ,as already said the walk to the ground was a little hairy to say the least ,if i remember the playing surface looked like it had a thin layer of ice on it and i remember [ i think ] that Tosh said it would help with our passing game .
Pretty sure that current pundit and ex Swan Ian Walsh was sent off near the end
Swans v Palace - Ninian Park - 70's. on 20:34 - Dec 30 with 4817 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Looks like this happened in January 1980 actually, in the midst of the club's 1st rise into the First Division. No mention of the tragedy though in this "Blast From The Past."

http://www.swanseacity.net/news/article/blast-from-the-past-swans-v-crystal-pala

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Swans v Palace - Ninian Park - 70's. on 20:35 - Dec 30 with 4810 viewsAl_Bundy

I was in a car that was stopped by Police near the severn bridge after the match .

They were looking for the stabbing culprit..

When we told them we was Swans fans they told us we were going the wrong way ..

Obviously global Swans fans was not the norm then !!
Swans v Palace - Ninian Park - 70's. on 20:41 - Dec 30 with 4783 viewsporschejack

So who was the unfortunate Swans fan ? Shame he's forgotten , something should be done .
Swans v Palace - Ninian Park - 70's. on 20:42 - Dec 30 with 4778 views34dfgdf54

Swans v Palace - Ninian Park - 70's. on 20:41 - Dec 30 by porschejack

So who was the unfortunate Swans fan ? Shame he's forgotten , something should be done .

Always wondered that, no one mentions him. Sad really.
Swans v Palace - Ninian Park - 70's. on 20:44 - Dec 30 with 4762 viewsDarran

Cold night too there was snow everywhere.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swans v Palace - Ninian Park - 70's. on 20:46 - Dec 30 with 4751 viewsTummer_from_Texas

His name was David Williams, no age given by this account. His murderer was Barry Rondeau, 20.

http://theswanseaway.blogspot.com/2013/09/cold-weather-boots-braces-and-smiley.h

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Swans v Palace - Ninian Park - 70's. on 20:47 - Dec 30 with 4748 viewsSwanjaxs

Im sure the poor mans name was David Williams

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Swans v Palace - Ninian Park - 70's. on 20:49 - Dec 30 with 4734 viewsraynor94

Swans v Palace - Ninian Park - 70's. on 18:46 - Dec 30 by somersetsimon

Memory playing tricks through ball played set off just inside Palace half straight run rounded the keeper ground erupts

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swans v Palace - Ninian Park - 70's. on 20:52 - Dec 30 with 4718 viewsoldcob

Swans v Palace - Ninian Park - 70's. on 18:52 - Dec 30 by Al_Bundy

You are right Al.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024