Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The morning after the night before 07:36 - Apr 6 with 3176 viewsmagicdaps10

Emotions have calmed a little. We can still get out if it but my personal view is we wont.

Hull are playing to win and we are playing not to lose. Hull get 6 points against boro and the hammers, we get a point against boro and I fear we will face the backlash against the hammers.

Bitter pill to swallow last night but I think that pill contained a taste of reality to many of us, some seemed to have washed it down with red wine or a can of bow and did not get that taste

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The morning after the night before on 07:48 - Apr 6 with 2772 views34dfgdf54

That one hit me hard yesterday, I don't remember feeling that bad after a game for a long time.

In a weird sort of way, I would have preferred us to have lost a one sided game 2-0 or something like what we was expeting. This will take some getting over for the players, West Ham and Watford coming up next, anything less than four points and we have had it I think.
The morning after the night before on 07:49 - Apr 6 with 2769 viewsSTID2017

We have to go into all he remaining games with a mixture of self-belief and gung ho.
If we win great, if we don't it's better than the lack of spirit shown at times in recent games.
Last night was great to see the team battling for everything against a far superior opposition

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The morning after the night before on 07:52 - Apr 6 with 2738 viewsmagicdaps10

100% Have to go out with the attitude to go at opposition for 3 points.
We cant defend that is for sure!

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The morning after the night before on 08:11 - Apr 6 with 2682 viewsSTID2017

The morning after the night before on 07:52 - Apr 6 by magicdaps10

100% Have to go out with the attitude to go at opposition for 3 points.
We cant defend that is for sure!

If we win three or four out of the seven it will be enough.
No reason it can't happen

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The morning after the night before on 08:23 - Apr 6 with 2615 viewsBorojack

The morning after the night before on 07:48 - Apr 6 by 34dfgdf54

That one hit me hard yesterday, I don't remember feeling that bad after a game for a long time.

In a weird sort of way, I would have preferred us to have lost a one sided game 2-0 or something like what we was expeting. This will take some getting over for the players, West Ham and Watford coming up next, anything less than four points and we have had it I think.

Me to definitely the worse for me since we were in the PL.
The most gut wrenching since the Barnsley loss in the play off final.
But it's not over yet I would compare it to the great escape season when we lost at home to Exeter and it looked like we were gone.
Not over till it's over even if we can just get a point at West Ham if Hull get smashed at City things could turn around again.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

The morning after the night before on 08:30 - Apr 6 with 2568 viewsstevethejack

The morning after the night before on 08:23 - Apr 6 by Borojack

But it's not over yet I would compare it to the great escape season when we lost at home to Exeter and it looked like we were gone.
Not over till it's over even if we can just get a point at West Ham if Hull get smashed at City things could turn around again.

I said exactly the same to my Mrs this morningabout the Barnsley game. Hurts big style!
The morning after the night before on 08:30 - Apr 6 with 2568 viewsThornburyswan

The morning after the night before on 08:23 - Apr 6 by Borojack

In the situation we are in & when you go into the 88th minute @ home leading 1-0 you expect to get something out of the game so it hurt massively last night & have to say my immediate reaction was that's it we are down - slightly more balanced this morning & willing to see an unlikely but possible route to stay up but that, I think, needs us getting something @ the Hammers - obviously a win would be fantastic as that would fully suck them into the mix & pull others back into it depending on other results - primarily to get some degree of belief/confidence back in the players.

We've shown all season we cannot defend our way to a result so whilst I'm, not yet, suggesting a gong ho approach we do need a striker (not Ayew) & two wide men on the pitch plus Siggy more central. That will mean dropping one of Cork, Fer or Carroll.
The morning after the night before on 08:38 - Apr 6 with 2514 viewsSwansNZ

The morning after the night before on 08:11 - Apr 6 by STID2017

If we win three or four out of the seven it will be enough.
No reason it can't happen

There are plenty of reasons it might not happen, but we've certainly come to the point where we need to win games, not draw them.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Login to get fewer ads

The morning after the night before on 08:41 - Apr 6 with 2508 viewsBloodyhills

It's the hope that's killing and last night it looked very possible that we could get three points or at least a point.

The way I see it now we are in direct competition with Hull and they are looking a lot better than us.

It's not over yet though but we really need to go out and try and grab games by the scruff of the neck. The last 4 games we have been too tentative.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

The morning after the night before on 08:56 - Apr 6 with 2451 viewsLoyal

We either win at the almost six pointer on Saturday at wet spam or it is certainly over.
Last time I felt like this was the season we played Hull at the Vetch after Exeter beat us at Easter.
Wet Spam is our Rochdale away.
I think.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

The morning after the night before on 09:08 - Apr 6 with 2413 viewsBorojack

The morning after the night before on 08:56 - Apr 6 by Loyal

We either win at the almost six pointer on Saturday at wet spam or it is certainly over.
Last time I felt like this was the season we played Hull at the Vetch after Exeter beat us at Easter.
I think.

Similar to Rochdale the difference though is there are 6 games after West Ham Rochdale was last by one.
Like I said in my earlier post a draw at West Ham isn't that bad if Hull get stuffed.
We need to be above them going into the final game though can see Spurs putting the stiffs out if 2nd spot is guaranteed and Chelsea will have it won by then.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins be sacked

The morning after the night before on 09:16 - Apr 6 with 2373 viewsPegojack

I'm still a bit shell shocked, but immensely proud of the fight and the organization the boys showed against vastly superior opposition. If we can carry that through to the remaining games, we still have quarter of a chance.
Nit-picking maybe, but I feel Clement once again made a tactical boo boo in not bringing Kingsley on for the injured Naughton. We needed to keep Fer's physical presence in midfield, not ship him out to right back. I know Kingsley is left footed, but he's also a defender by trade, and surely he could have managed ten minutes on the 'wrong' side of the field?
Absolutely gutted about the two half chances we missed which would have taken us to 2-0, but that's the way things go when you're at the wrong end of the table.

Oh yes, and I feckin hate Spurs and Deli Alli, the cheating kaaant.
The morning after the night before on 09:21 - Apr 6 with 2339 viewssherpajacob

The morning after the night before on 08:56 - Apr 6 by Loyal

I think.

That Easter we lost at orient on the Saturday and home to Exeter on the Monday.

It looked all over then.

We have 3 must wins in stoke, Sunderland and Albion, and need to pick up some odd points elsewhere, and trust that either palace or hull stop winning.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

The morning after the night before on 13:21 - Apr 6 with 2118 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The morning after the night before on 09:16 - Apr 6 by Pegojack

I'm still a bit shell shocked, but immensely proud of the fight and the organization the boys showed against vastly superior opposition. If we can carry that through to the remaining games, we still have quarter of a chance.
Nit-picking maybe, but I feel Clement once again made a tactical boo boo in not bringing Kingsley on for the injured Naughton. We needed to keep Fer's physical presence in midfield, not ship him out to right back. I know Kingsley is left footed, but he's also a defender by trade, and surely he could have managed ten minutes on the 'wrong' side of the field?
Absolutely gutted about the two half chances we missed which would have taken us to 2-0, but that's the way things go when you're at the wrong end of the table.

Last sentence couldn't agree more. Really, really dislike spurs and their c*ntish fanbase.
We could have switched Olsson to RB if we brought Kingsley on couldn't we? I bet he would have adapted to RB easily. A terrible decision to push Fer back there.
And I would have left Ayew on. Had a good game. MOM for me was Fernandez. Sheer class last night.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The morning after the night before on 13:26 - Apr 6 with 2078 viewsSmellyplumz

The morning after the night before on 09:16 - Apr 6 by Pegojack

Yeah but this is the problem isn't it... Can they carry that through the remaining games, history says no and the way our luck is going is frightening.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

The morning after the night before on 14:12 - Apr 6 with 1997 viewsJackupnorth

The morning after the night before on 08:41 - Apr 6 by Bloodyhills

It's the hope that's killing and last night it looked very possible that we could get three points or at least a point.

The way I see it now we are in direct competition with Hull and they are looking a lot better than us.

It's not over yet though but we really need to go out and try and grab games by the scruff of the neck. The last 4 games we have been too tentative.

I don't think we're in direct competition with Hull at all. We made spectacular progress out of the bottom three in Jan/Feb, and they made slower but more consistent progress out. We've stuttered but they continue to make their consistent progress. I think they'll end up well clear so in my mind our competition is Palace, and they have the tougher run in.

We finish above Palace and we're OK. Hull will finish above both of us.
The morning after the night before on 14:16 - Apr 6 with 1980 viewsperchrockjack

We can't sit back .

We also can't rely on others

We clearly ,consistently have shown we can't defend a lead ,not until the end of the game

Last night was sickening but it matters not when goals are scored

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The morning after the night before on 14:17 - Apr 6 with 1977 viewsTheKirkyLife

If there is any chance of survival it will have to be 6 points from the Hammers and Watford truthfully.

With the lack of depth in the squad and consistently poor managerial errors from Clement I just don't see us doing it.

Emotional or not last night was the sort of defeat that relegates teams. I've seen nothing in this Swansea team to suggest we're different.
The morning after the night before on 14:26 - Apr 6 with 1944 viewsperchrockjack

Fernandez MOM .Class.

Dear Lord

Speechless

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The morning after the night before on 14:43 - Apr 6 with 1904 viewssketty_jack

The morning after the night before on 14:12 - Apr 6 by Jackupnorth

I don't think we're in direct competition with Hull at all. We made spectacular progress out of the bottom three in Jan/Feb, and they made slower but more consistent progress out. We've stuttered but they continue to make their consistent progress. I think they'll end up well clear so in my mind our competition is Palace, and they have the tougher run in.

I agree. After the boro game, I put a tenner on a palace/boro/Sunderland relegation treble and my feelings haven't changed. Palace have an awful run in and have lots of injuries I believe? If we get Llorente and Naughton back then I think we'll get the wins we need.
The morning after the night before on 15:58 - Apr 6 with 1782 viewsLeonWasGod

The morning after the night before on 14:16 - Apr 6 by perchrockjack

We can't sit back .

We also can't rely on others

We clearly ,consistently have shown we can't defend a lead ,not until the end of the game

Last night was sickening but it matters not when goals are scored

We have to sit back against teams of Spurs' quality. We're not good enough to take the game to them, as shown when we went looking for a winner after they scored. Individually were inferior all over the park so we rely on the solid base to keep us in games.
The morning after the night before on 16:09 - Apr 6 with 1755 viewsPegojack

I've had a good long look at all the remaining fixtures today and it's certainly not hopeless by a long chalk, but of course we've got to get at least three wins from somewhere and a couple of draws.

Hull's next two games are away at City then Stoke, and I'm hoping they'll get a couple of beatings to take the wind out of their sails. They've also got to go to Soton, no pushovers, and Palace, who'll be fighting for their lives. They end with Spurs at home. Let's hope Chelsea falter and Spurs still have a chance of the title on the last day.

Palace have to face Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, City and United in five of their remaining eight games, so they are not out of the woods either.

All ifs and buts, and all meaningless unless we can pull our socks up.
The morning after the night before on 16:09 - Apr 6 with 1749 viewsLegend83

The morning after the night before on 14:26 - Apr 6 by perchrockjack

Fernandez MOM .Class.

Dear Lord

Speechless

To be fair, he was solid if not spectacular for 88 minutes last night.
The morning after the night before on 19:35 - Apr 6 with 1546 viewshammy

The morning after the night before on 14:12 - Apr 6 by Jackupnorth

Not sure about this. 'ull have lost their last 3 away games as follows:-

Everton 4-0
Leicester 3-1
Arsenal 2-0

So the Man City game on Saturday should be a very tough test for them. Assuming they lose this as well then a win for us at WHU will put them back in the bottom three.

They have Stoke, Soton and Palace away and Watford, Sunderland and Spurs at home. Possibly only a couple of wins at most in that lot; surely they can't keep winning all their home games !

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

The morning after the night before on 23:47 - Apr 6 with 1383 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The morning after the night before on 14:26 - Apr 6 by perchrockjack

Fernandez MOM .Class.

Dear Lord

Speechless

How would you know? You weren't even f*cking there!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024