Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player transfers 06:41 - Jul 29 with 1470 viewsJack1

Seeing as people tend to get worked-up on the rumours surrounding the club, I was wondering at what point do people believe a transfer will take place. For me, I usually wait for official confirmation when the player holds up the shirt.

Other people I know tend to believe every link/connection they see in the media and tend to get annoyed when a transfer doesn't take place. I've never quite understood this but some people take the word "gullible" to new levels.

Anyhow, discuss......
Player transfers on 06:56 - Jul 29 with 1459 viewsSTID2017

I do get excited when we get linked with certain players, but overall most of them are unknown quantities to me anyway, so until they are confirmed on the official site, I take it all as paper talk.
In Tosh's day I used to get excited at reports we were looking at signing players, probably because by the time the press got hold of the news, the deals were probably all but done, so they always seemed to go through
[Post edited 29 Jul 2017 6:58]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Player transfers on 08:13 - Jul 29 with 1391 viewsJack1

Player transfers on 06:56 - Jul 29 by STID2017

I do get excited when we get linked with certain players, but overall most of them are unknown quantities to me anyway, so until they are confirmed on the official site, I take it all as paper talk.
In Tosh's day I used to get excited at reports we were looking at signing players, probably because by the time the press got hold of the news, the deals were probably all but done, so they always seemed to go through
[Post edited 29 Jul 2017 6:58]

I agree with what you say about Tosh's era. The last few years though have been bonkers in terms of media speculation. I just find it staggering the amount of people who believe or get worked-up about any link they see. I know every club has their fair share of gullible idiots but some people on here really need to get out more!
Player transfers on 09:52 - Jul 29 with 1304 viewsunion_jack

I remember the news of Latchfird signing for us. It was in the back of the Evening Post and that was the first any of us had heard about it. No internet then of course.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024