Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? 16:58 - Mar 11 with 9148 viewsSwanseaman

I've checked the video footage and it seems to show clearly that the ball was Ayew's. He had the ball at the start. He was going with the ball that was his. It was Jonathan Hogg who decided to charge in and make the dangerous challenge.

Is it right that when a player is running with the ball as Ayew was, that a defender can charge into him with his studs up? Hogg must have realized it would be a dangerous tackle, but he went in there. Ayew was just going with the ball, no intent on any type of foul at all..

here are the video grabs: You can open the images up in a new window for full size..

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 19:02 - Mar 11 with 1454 viewsshenleymun

I agree with what’s said about Hogg jumping in, but Ayew had lost control of the ball and was lunging after it pretty wildly, it certainly wasn’t “his ball” any more.
Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 19:02 - Mar 11 with 1453 viewsJack_Kass

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 18:45 - Mar 11 by Swanseaman

It was Ayew's ball as in the pic below.

I agree he lost possession, but only slightly. He was running with the ball and went to kick it, that's my interpretation of it, that's what I can see has happened.

He didn't go 'lunging in with a straight leg' where did you get that one from? He went to kick the ball, that's for sure.

I don't think any other footballer in his position would not have done the same. There was no intent to make a reckless dangerous tackle from Ayew. Does 'no intent' count for anything?

[Post edited 11 Mar 2018 18:47]

You're confusing yourself with this 'Ayew's ball' stuff, the ball is not a fixed possession of anyone at any point of live play in the game. It is never 'Ayew's ball'

Maybe the definition of the offence will help

Law 12 - Serious Foul Play

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play

Intent counts for nothing, actions count for everything, nobody is arguing he intended to do anything but play the ball, but while doing so he came into problems of Serious Foul Play, explained above. 'Going to kick the ball' is irrelevant if it endangers the safety of the opponent..
[Post edited 11 Mar 2018 19:03]

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 19:10 - Mar 11 with 1429 viewsJack_Kass

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 18:38 - Mar 11 by Ambergambler

I don't see much intelligence and understanding in your comment I'm afraid, which I found very patronising.

I can apologise for that, I'm simply trying to explain it from the perspective of an official, and the process of appealing 'wrongful dismissal'.

The referee report will outline the incident, and the commitee will judge on the basis of the report, whether the referees wording is accurate and fair to what he dismissed the player for, in line with the LOTG.

Don't forget for every dismissal overturned, they make themselves look rather stupid, so it's not in their interest to side with clubs on marginal decisions, but on the flip side, they don't have a particularly great record in backing officials either..
[Post edited 11 Mar 2018 19:11]

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 19:20 - Mar 11 with 1397 viewsItchySphincter

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 19:22 - Mar 11 with 1393 viewsAl_Bundy

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 19:20 - Mar 11 by ItchySphincter

This.

Red all day long. Move on
Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 19:24 - Mar 11 with 1383 viewsmax936

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 18:35 - Mar 11 by Jack_Kass

Well I guess your interpretation is different to mine, as Ayew has lost control and most certainly not in possession, he then leaves the ground at speed, and from distance, to regain possession of the ball, lunging in with a straight leg, this is what he has been sent off for, the contact is irrelevant, he could have broken Hogg in half, he could have missed him completely, it doesn't change anything.

Sadly the 'if he didn't do x, then y wouldn't have happened' argument doesn't stand up in a game where two teams are permitted to challenge for possession.

They both went in with straight legs Hogg stretching forward and makes contact with Ayew with a downward motion and not the ball which in my eyes is worse, not only that but that challenge didn't teach him anything as he went on to clatter Ki which Oliver clearly bottled his decision, Ayew was unlucky very unlucky it won't get overturned though has Moss will say he had a clear view, but his view was blighted by the fact he concentrated on Ayew.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2018 19:28]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 19:26 - Mar 11 with 1372 viewsplasjack

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 19:20 - Mar 11 by ItchySphincter

How many straws can we clutch, don't appeal only lose him for two prem games.
Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 19:35 - Mar 11 with 1343 viewsjack2jack

FWIW, Fabs punts the ball out, JA seems to chest it down,the ball goes loose,which is equidistant between the two players Involved, both go in at the same time feet high,problem is JA boot catches the opponent's knee,Hogg catches JA shin on the ground.The ref sees this and sends Jordan off for an over the top of the ball, high challenge, and I believe the linesman has confirmed this to the ref.
Now if/when we appeal, it will be interesting to see what the experts make of it.
Login to get fewer ads

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 19:47 - Mar 11 with 1316 viewssherpajacob

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 17:11 - Mar 11 by airedale

George Davis is innocent.

It was Bill Stickers.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 19:56 - Mar 11 with 1290 viewsmonmouth

Got to keep your studs down. Yo are in control of where your feet are and you have to take due care. He raised his studs. I’d love him to get out of this, but it is desperation stuff. He raised his studs, he made contact, the ref saw it. No way is it a clear or obvious mistake. Not sending the other two dirty terrier bastards off might be, but that won’t help Ayew.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 20:02 - Mar 11 with 1275 viewsSwanseaman

Some good info. Looks like there probably is no point in appealing, if our own fans are seeing it as a clear red the FA most probably would too.

I can see what your saying Jack_Kass that 'the ball is not a fixed possession of anyone at any point of live play in the game. It is never 'Ayew's ball'. There are times during a game when a player has the ball and it is said to be 'his ball' though. But I do agree that he had lost the ball at the time, so wasn't his when they collided.

[Post edited 11 Mar 2018 20:02]

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 20:05 - Mar 11 with 1265 viewsOldjack

What the op doesn't show is why he got sent off, both feet left the ground prior to the tackle,so did his victim ,If VAR was used both would have been red carded ,don't appeal and move on
[Post edited 11 Mar 2018 21:35]

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 20:21 - Mar 11 with 1231 viewsSwanseaman

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 20:05 - Mar 11 by Oldjack

What the op doesn't show is why he got sent off, both feet left the ground prior to the tackle,so did his victim ,If VAR was used both would have been red carded ,don't appeal and move on

Where he jumps a bit then lands on the floor in the 2nd pic..

[Post edited 11 Mar 2018 20:30]

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 20:35 - Mar 11 with 1204 viewsOldjack

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 20:21 - Mar 11 by Swanseaman

Where he jumps a bit then lands on the floor in the 2nd pic..

[Post edited 11 Mar 2018 20:30]

there you go then ?no more to be said

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 20:36 - Mar 11 with 1200 viewsDarran

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 20:05 - Mar 11 by Oldjack

Who wrote this post?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 20:59 - Mar 11 with 1164 viewsOldjack

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 20:36 - Mar 11 by Darran

Who wrote this post?

oldjack

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 21:08 - Mar 11 with 1146 viewsE20Jack

Doesn't matter who's ball it was.

His follow through was studs up and caught hogg below the knee studs up. It's red.

All you are doing is highlighting there should have been two reds. But that is not basis for defence against the one given correctly and of course not grounds for appeal either.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 21:09 - Mar 11 with 1145 viewsBrynCartwright

Jordan deserved a red...and so did Hogg...

even Frank Lampard said so on MOTD..

becoming a good pundit is ol' Frankie

JB

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 21:59 - Mar 11 with 1100 viewsBytholWyn

I've posted this on another thread - but for the hard of reading:

THE ONLY REASON AYEW MADE CONTACT WITH HOGG'S KNEE IS BECAUSE HOGG'S OUTSTRETCHED FOOT SLID ALONG AYEW'S INNER THIGH KNOCKING HIS LEG TO THE RIGHT AND ONTO HOGG'S LEFT KNEE.

Anyone arguing in favour of a red for Ayew without considering the above is just being plain ignorant or perverse.
Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 22:00 - Mar 11 with 1098 viewsOldjack

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 21:59 - Mar 11 by BytholWyn

THE ONLY REASON AYEW MADE CONTACT WITH HOGG'S KNEE IS BECAUSE HOGG'S OUTSTRETCHED FOOT SLID ALONG AYEW'S INNER THIGH KNOCKING HIS LEG TO THE RIGHT AND ONTO HOGG'S LEFT KNEE.

Anyone arguing in favour of a red for Ayew without considering the above is just being plain ignorant or perverse.

but he still took off mun =red card

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 22:11 - Mar 11 with 1091 viewsBytholWyn

Taking off isn't an offence, it's taking off and making contact. He only made contact because of Hogg's action - therefore he has a strong case to argue. It's also worth bearing in mind that at the point of contact his trailing left leg was on the floor, and his left hand was also touching the floor - so his action wasn't completely uncontrolled. He may not succeed in the appeal, but it certainly wouldn't be a frivolous one. What's more if the FA were to uphold the decision they would have to ban Hogg for three games too to be consistent. We'd be forcing their hand.

Huddersfield's next three games are against relegation rivals before facing three of the top six plus Everton in their last four games. Anything that weakens a genuine relegation rival has got to be good for us.
Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 22:14 - Mar 11 with 1076 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 22:11 - Mar 11 by BytholWyn

Taking off isn't an offence, it's taking off and making contact. He only made contact because of Hogg's action - therefore he has a strong case to argue. It's also worth bearing in mind that at the point of contact his trailing left leg was on the floor, and his left hand was also touching the floor - so his action wasn't completely uncontrolled. He may not succeed in the appeal, but it certainly wouldn't be a frivolous one. What's more if the FA were to uphold the decision they would have to ban Hogg for three games too to be consistent. We'd be forcing their hand.

Huddersfield's next three games are against relegation rivals before facing three of the top six plus Everton in their last four games. Anything that weakens a genuine relegation rival has got to be good for us.

Sense at last. Why the f*k should Hogg (and Huddersfield) go unpunished?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 22:24 - Mar 11 with 1059 viewsjasper_T

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 21:59 - Mar 11 by BytholWyn

People aren't considering what you've capitalised because it's irrelevant. The specific nature and circumstance of the resultant contact doesn't matter once Ayew leaves the ground with studs raised. He's out of control and it's a stonewall red card according to the actual rules of the game.
Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 22:25 - Mar 11 with 1056 viewsE20Jack

Unfortunate. But Ayew went into the challenge with his studs up, that can happen. Hence why it is not allowed in the game... hence why it wannabees and will never be overturned in a million years.

Are there any straws left in South Wales? Must need another delivery soon.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 22:26 - Mar 11 with 1054 viewsJack_Kass

Jordan Ayew's Red Card - Could this be evidence he is innocent, or not??? on 22:11 - Mar 11 by BytholWyn

Wrong.

You don't have to physically touch, or be touched for a foul to be awarded.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024