Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Carlos' press conference 13:28 - May 11 with 5078 viewsMrSwerve

Doing a bit of a Mourinho/Van Gaal getting the stats out to show he's done better than it seems. Touting himself out or wanting to stay? He said he's talking with Huw after the Stoke match.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Carlos' press conference on 13:59 - May 11 with 3507 views34dfgdf54

Thanks for trying Carlos, you did better than what PC could have done ten fold, but you sh*t yourself as soon as the impossible looked possible.

I would rather it if we parted company on good terms.
Carlos' press conference on 14:02 - May 11 with 3481 viewsWatchman

Carlos' press conference on 13:59 - May 11 by 34dfgdf54

Thanks for trying Carlos, you did better than what PC could have done ten fold, but you sh*t yourself as soon as the impossible looked possible.

I would rather it if we parted company on good terms.

that is the bit i simply cannot fathom! did the hard work then completely shrivelled instead of gaining confidence

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Carlos' press conference on 14:09 - May 11 with 3449 viewsLoyal

He still believes we can stay up ...

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Carlos' press conference on 14:10 - May 11 with 3437 views34dfgdf54

Carlos' press conference on 14:02 - May 11 by Watchman

that is the bit i simply cannot fathom! did the hard work then completely shrivelled instead of gaining confidence

There was nothing to lose at the start, as soon as he thought to himself “sh*t we can do this”, he bottled it. Getting over the winning line is the hardest part, which is why Leicester’s title winning season was all the more spectacular in my opinion.
Carlos' press conference on 14:14 - May 11 with 3390 viewsTheResurrection

Did he lie then or make the stats up? As if we win on Sunday he'd have taken 23 points from a half season.

Carlos has been in charge for 16 EPL games and got 20 points

Imagine being on 20 points after the first 16 games??

We'd have been 10th.

If he wins Sunday that will be 23 points and after the first 17 games we'd have been 9th.

They are the facts.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Carlos' press conference on 14:14 - May 11 with 3400 viewsCaptain_Sham

Ayew doesn't get sent off at Hudds, we stay up. That floored us. We have got 2 points since.

Its just a ride.

Carlos' press conference on 14:19 - May 11 with 3353 viewslondonlisa2001

Carlos' press conference on 14:09 - May 11 by Loyal

He still believes we can stay up ...

No he doesn't.
Carlos' press conference on 14:19 - May 11 with 3348 viewsSmellyplumz

He said Huw knows about football... Warra tw@t

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Login to get fewer ads

Carlos' press conference on 14:20 - May 11 with 3340 viewsmajorraglan

Carlos' press conference on 14:14 - May 11 by Captain_Sham

Ayew doesn't get sent off at Hudds, we stay up. That floored us. We have got 2 points since.

Nail head.

Losing Bony and Fer for the rest of the season were blows and that was compounded by losing Jordan Ayew who was by far and away the biggest threat to the opposition. I think it hit the teams confidence and that was it.
Carlos' press conference on 14:37 - May 11 with 3232 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Carlos' press conference on 14:14 - May 11 by Captain_Sham

Does the 2 points include the 1 at Huddersfield?
I agree losing our highest scorer at that point left us in a precarious state.
Carlos' press conference on 14:48 - May 11 with 3180 viewsJinxy

Carlos' press conference on 14:14 - May 11 by TheResurrection

Did he lie then or make the stats up? As if we win on Sunday he'd have taken 23 points from a half season.

We'd have been 10th.

If he wins Sunday that will be 23 points and after the first 17 games we'd have been 9th.

They are the facts.

That's very true. However, in my view he initially fixed what was broken (confidence, morale, belief) and then could not seem to maintain those fixes. In his conference he constantly refers to "the path", i.e. all games under his management, even when repeatedly being asked about the most recent eight games. He's either being dishonest with himself, to the press, or both. It's always about the here and now, and not about history. Nothing wrong with glancing backwards, to recognise achievements and see trends, but don't dwell on it! Setting a defensive formation, even against very winnable targets (e.g. Bournemouth) implies to the players that they are not good enough - not great subliminal messages! One last point, it is embarrassing that the club appear to have communicated that he's leaving without having communicated that to CC. If so, that's bad form and disrespectful.
Carlos' press conference on 14:51 - May 11 with 3135 viewsWatchman

Carlos' press conference on 14:48 - May 11 by Jinxy

That's very true. However, in my view he initially fixed what was broken (confidence, morale, belief) and then could not seem to maintain those fixes. In his conference he constantly refers to "the path", i.e. all games under his management, even when repeatedly being asked about the most recent eight games. He's either being dishonest with himself, to the press, or both. It's always about the here and now, and not about history. Nothing wrong with glancing backwards, to recognise achievements and see trends, but don't dwell on it! Setting a defensive formation, even against very winnable targets (e.g. Bournemouth) implies to the players that they are not good enough - not great subliminal messages! One last point, it is embarrassing that the club appear to have communicated that he's leaving without having communicated that to CC. If so, that's bad form and disrespectful.

do you expect anything less/more from the utter shambles they are . They are not disrespectful they simple do not care or concern themselves with anyone but their bank accounts

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Carlos' press conference on 14:56 - May 11 with 3094 viewsTheResurrection

Carlos' press conference on 14:48 - May 11 by Jinxy

We had a blip we could not afford after our first half of the season.

I honestly don't think we were any different in the beginning of Carlos ' time to the end.

We could go through all games and there would be similarities and fine margins.

Every blip needs a correction and ours came just at the wrong time.

It's all too easy for fans to just demand this, that or the other, in fact, that's a whole lot of hot air and nothing.

I have said he's made mistakes, I thought the biggest was going too early with changes last Tuesday, but again, just my opinion and I wasn't responsible for that mistake.

Carlos has taken 20 points from just 16 games. That's a top ten finish. He's as unlucky as Marco Silva was last season.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Carlos' press conference on 15:04 - May 11 with 3053 viewsJinxy

Carlos' press conference on 14:51 - May 11 by Watchman

do you expect anything less/more from the utter shambles they are . They are not disrespectful they simple do not care or concern themselves with anyone but their bank accounts

No, I don't, sadly. They did something similar to Guidolin I seem to recall, and he came across as a gentleman too. It is disrespectful in my view.

There's so much that needs to be fixed at the club I love, including (but not exclusively to) players, wage structure, nepotism (everyone seems related to someone!), the Trust, the sellers, the board, the buyers (please sell to a real investor...pretty please?!) etc. etc. - we could go on for weeks. Relegation feels awful, very painful, but I am clinging onto it hopefully accelerating these desperately needed changes. I think if we had (or still will of course) scraped survival, then round and round we go again. Relegation = regeneration hopefully.
Carlos' press conference on 15:12 - May 11 with 2981 viewsJinxy

Carlos' press conference on 14:56 - May 11 by TheResurrection

We had a blip we could not afford after our first half of the season.

I honestly don't think we were any different in the beginning of Carlos ' time to the end.

We could go through all games and there would be similarities and fine margins.

Every blip needs a correction and ours came just at the wrong time.

It's all too easy for fans to just demand this, that or the other, in fact, that's a whole lot of hot air and nothing.

I have said he's made mistakes, I thought the biggest was going too early with changes last Tuesday, but again, just my opinion and I wasn't responsible for that mistake.

Carlos has taken 20 points from just 16 games. That's a top ten finish. He's as unlucky as Marco Silva was last season.

Yes, when we had the initial bounce, or rich vein of form when he came in I predicted a dip. I didn't think it would be as lengthy as it turned out though. My point was that under PC no-one could pass, cross etc.. When one player has an issue, that's form - when the whole team has problems that's mindset. No-one wanted the ball, no-one moved into space, no-one made a run. PC's body language was negative - Gawd knows what he was saying to them. CC fixed that, and then all those traits came back - that's what I find odd. Clearly, we had enough quality to stay up and do OK actually (in my view), but "we" couldn't optimise that potential for any sustained period of time. That's where the Cloughs, Shanklies and Feargies of this world show us how it's done I suppose.
Carlos' press conference on 15:14 - May 11 with 2963 viewsFireboy2

We got warned by the wednesday fans that the honeymoon period would end and it did

Shame he couldnt keep the positivity going a bit longer as we would have probably stayed up

The injuries to fer,bony and the suspension to ayew didnt help but all teams bave injuries

Hes gone down in my estimation by using stats as an excuse
Carlos' press conference on 15:15 - May 11 with 2955 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Carlos' press conference on 14:14 - May 11 by TheResurrection

We'd have been 10th.

They are the facts.

Here’s a fact , we’ve been absolutely dreadful the last 8 games and could finish bottom of the league on Sunday .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Carlos' press conference on 15:16 - May 11 with 2930 viewsTheKirkyLife

Shouldn't have sacked Laudrup? Maybe. Shouldn't have sacked Guidolin? Most definitely.

Until the top goes we shall remain like this. We may get lucky.
Carlos' press conference on 15:20 - May 11 with 2914 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Carlos' press conference on 15:12 - May 11 by Jinxy

Yes, when we had the initial bounce, or rich vein of form when he came in I predicted a dip. I didn't think it would be as lengthy as it turned out though. My point was that under PC no-one could pass, cross etc.. When one player has an issue, that's form - when the whole team has problems that's mindset. No-one wanted the ball, no-one moved into space, no-one made a run. PC's body language was negative - Gawd knows what he was saying to them. CC fixed that, and then all those traits came back - that's what I find odd. Clearly, we had enough quality to stay up and do OK actually (in my view), but "we" couldn't optimise that potential for any sustained period of time. That's where the Cloughs, Shanklies and Feargies of this world show us how it's done I suppose.

That's because Carlos is a motivational manger and at some point it wears off. It normally takes much longer than it did though.

What Carlos clearly is not is a tactical genius. He keeps making mistakes and other managers get the better of him. To be fair, he had very poor tools to work with.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Carlos' press conference on 15:26 - May 11 with 2884 viewslondonlisa2001

Carlos' press conference on 15:20 - May 11 by Joe_bradshaw

That's because Carlos is a motivational manger and at some point it wears off. It normally takes much longer than it did though.

What Carlos clearly is not is a tactical genius. He keeps making mistakes and other managers get the better of him. To be fair, he had very poor tools to work with.

He said in his press conference that the element of surprise wore off and we were not good enough to pick up the points without it.

I thought that was a perfectly reasonable comment. As was his comment that we simply had too much ground to make up.

He seems like a nice guy. I do wish we wouldn't treat managers with such disrespect as a club. He said nothing has been said to him about him going. Now he may be lying, but he didn't seem as though he was. These press leaks about changes are a poor way to behave.

I don't think, for me at least, he's the right person for a root and branch job which is what we have in front of us, but he's done as well as he could really in the circumstances. I wish him well.
[Post edited 11 May 2018 15:38]
Carlos' press conference on 15:30 - May 11 with 2844 viewsjacksfullaces

people really want someone to blame don't they? Carlos did hist best, can't understand the vitriol.

perhaps because the real villains are so rarely seen that people want to kick out at the one in the firing line. the turnover of managers/last ditch player recruitment represents such short term thinking by our club that to be honest the best you can ever expect is new manager bounce/occasional players having a blinder.

and that is all we have seen for the last 3 years ever since the template was ripped up. the template may not have worked for much longer anyway as maybe we were losing the right players, and the pathetic noises emanating via the media that we are returning to that now smacks of even further desperation as we still don't have the right players. we needed something new, something different, something innovative. it may have worked, it may not have worked, but no - we went into standard premier league club freefall, overpriced journeymen players and hoofball.
Carlos' press conference on 15:33 - May 11 with 2807 viewsTheResurrection

Carlos' press conference on 15:26 - May 11 by londonlisa2001

He said in his press conference that the element of surprise wore off and we were not good enough to pick up the points without it.

I thought that was a perfectly reasonable comment. As was his comment that we simply had too much ground to make up.

He seems like a nice guy. I do wish we wouldn't treat managers with such disrespect as a club. He said nothing has been said to him about him going. Now he may be lying, but he didn't seem as though he was. These press leaks about changes are a poor way to behave.

I don't think, for me at least, he's the right person for a root and branch job which is what we have in front of us, but he's done as well as he could really in the circumstances. I wish him well.
[Post edited 11 May 2018 15:38]

A more than fair summary.,

Carlos' press conference on 15:45 - May 11 with 2758 viewsAngelRangelQS

At the end of the day if we’d been given the chance of still being in with an excellent chance of staying up heading into the final 7 days of the season, we’d have all taken that back in December.

Carlos has done a good job all things considered. Had his points been more evenly spread out we may have even appointed him next season. However because of the way they panned our, it really does feel like he saved us in March then relegated us in May.
Carlos' press conference on 16:00 - May 11 with 2677 viewsA_Fans_Dad

It just went to show how fragile our return to form was when the loss of J Ayew for a few games was enough to push us back to where were under PC.
Having withstood the loss of Fer & Bony, the loss of ayew was the straw that broke the camel's back.
Carlos' press conference on 16:01 - May 11 with 2671 viewsCaptain_Sham

Press may be agitating again. Lets not forget the press may have got Guidolin a job with their stirring. They kept hounding him about his future until he snapped at them. I'm convinced that guilted Jenkins into keeping him on.

Its just a ride.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024