Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lampard 13:04 - May 27 with 6237 viewslatchford

Lampard is apparently speaking to Derby about becoming their manager. Can’t understand why we wouldn’t be interested. Young manager, Good contacts, seems very intelligent. Perfect for us in my opinion
Lampard on 13:06 - May 27 with 4661 viewsomarjack

It's his first job,has zero experience. We can't afford to experiment (although Potter is also somehow an experiment but he has a good record).

I'd love to have Xabi Alonso as manager though ha.
[Post edited 27 May 2018 13:07]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

Lampard on 13:07 - May 27 with 4657 viewstrampie

I cant understand why there has been no talk of it that I have heard, strange, you would think he would be a candidate.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Lampard on 13:19 - May 27 with 4599 viewsDarran

On what planet is Lampard perfect for us then?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Lampard on 13:23 - May 27 with 4584 viewsjasper_T

Lampard on 13:19 - May 27 by Darran

He got his GCSE's, mun, he's a certified genius.
Lampard on 15:35 - May 27 with 4392 viewstrampie

I don't know if you can say someone is perfect to be their manager as managers are like player transfers nothing certain but some bets are better than other bets and Lamps is a very good shout for the Swans just like Gerrard is for Glasgow Rangers.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

Lampard on 15:57 - May 27 with 4329 viewsJackfath

Him and Christine own half of that big tower down the marina.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Lampard on 16:07 - May 27 with 4289 viewsgiantstoneater

Tosh got his first job with us so did Molby, Martinez and Monk and all had a reasonable amount of success. I am reasonably happy with Potter but we should have at least spoken to Lampard. Who would you like to see in the role Darren?
Lampard on 16:10 - May 27 with 4268 viewsDarran

Lampard on 16:07 - May 27 by giantstoneater

Tosh got his first job with us so did Molby, Martinez and Monk and all had a reasonable amount of success. I am reasonably happy with Potter but we should have at least spoken to Lampard. Who would you like to see in the role Darren?

I’m reasonably happy with Potter but for anyone to say Lampard is perfect is just wrong.
He could in time become the greatest manager of all time but he’s certainly not the perfect choice.

Login to get fewer ads

Lampard on 16:16 - May 27 with 4240 viewsTheKirkyLife

Derby makes sense for Lampard. Team went "go up or bust" and they'll pay the price this year. No play off aspirations so worth bedding in a new guy with lots of potential.

We're looking to bounce straight back up so bringing in someone who has, you know, managerial experience is good.
Lampard on 16:19 - May 27 with 4230 viewsDarran

Anyway just for the record I’m not completely against Lampard especially as Christine and I go back a long way.

Lampard on 16:19 - May 27 with 4232 viewsBadlands

Lampard on 16:07 - May 27 by giantstoneater

All in the lower leagues except Monk who started the process of taking us back to the lower leagues.

Potter (who I really like) might have the same problem we saw with players.
He took time to develop the club and take it up.
Leon, Tate, Monk, Williams, Rangel started lower down and developed alongside our promotions. None could have succeeded in the Championship and Premier League if they'd gone directly to the top two divisions.

No for me on Lampard - less experience than Giggs and no indication he could do the job.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Lampard on 16:19 - May 27 with 4231 viewstrampie

Lampard on 16:10 - May 27 by Darran

I’m reasonably happy with Potter but for anyone to say Lampard is perfect is just wrong.
He could in time become the greatest manager of all time but he’s certainly not the perfect choice.

I cant see why anyone would think that a manager of a small Swedish team would be better than somebody who was a star player on the biggest stages who has been there and done it all in football up to this point, Potter has managed and Lamps hasn't but Potter has only managed a small Swedish team, Lamps has worked with some of the top managers in World football.

Lampard on 16:24 - May 27 with 4210 viewsjasper_T

Lampard on 16:19 - May 27 by trampie

I cant see why anyone would think that a manager of a small Swedish team would be better than somebody who was a star player on the biggest stages who has been there and done it all in football up to this point, Potter has managed and Lamps hasn't but Potter has only managed a small Swedish team, Lamps has worked with some of the top managers in World football.

Managing is not the same as being managed. Potter has proven ability, Lampard has none.
Lampard on 16:24 - May 27 with 4210 viewsPegojack

Lampard on 16:19 - May 27 by Darran

Anyway just for the record I’m not completely against Lampard especially as Christine and I go back a long way.

Which one's Christine?
Lampard on 16:25 - May 27 with 4206 viewsbermudajack

Wonder if uncle Harry will form a great double act?

Now that would be very interesting... 😳

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Lampard on 16:27 - May 27 with 4195 viewsDarran

Lampard on 16:24 - May 27 by Pegojack

Which one's Christine?

I hope you burn your head Michael.

Lampard on 16:43 - May 27 with 4159 viewsgiantstoneater

Lampard on 16:10 - May 27 by Darran

True but it`s worked in the past for us albeit at a lower level. Given that he spent time in the shirt it would be reasonable to assume we would talk to him at least.
Lampard on 16:48 - May 27 with 4134 viewsgiantstoneater

Lampard on 16:19 - May 27 by Darran

She makes a rubbish breakfast!!
Lampard on 16:56 - May 27 with 4110 viewsgiantstoneater

Lampard on 16:19 - May 27 by trampie

It might be what he did with that small Swedish team now lets see what he can do with this small Welsh club!!
Lampard on 16:57 - May 27 with 4105 viewstrampie

Lampard on 16:24 - May 27 by jasper_T

Managing is not the same as being managed. Potter has proven ability, Lampard has none.

That is debatable as Potter record in the top division in Sweden is not outstanding, not to warrant a top job over here [top championship team and above].

Oh as I type something has just come to me, Bob Bradley would have had a better managerial CV than Potter at the juncture when they get taken on by Swansea, assuming Potter gets the job that is.

Lampard on 17:05 - May 27 with 4079 viewsjasper_T

Lampard on 16:57 - May 27 by trampie

That is debatable as Potter record in the top division in Sweden is not outstanding, not to warrant a top job over here [top championship team and above].

Oh as I type something has just come to me, Bob Bradley would have had a better managerial CV than Potter at the juncture when they get taken on by Swansea, assuming Potter gets the job that is.

His record in taking Ostersunds to the top division is fantastic. They're not a Molde with the resources to guarantee some level of success.

He's had time to learn his trade and has impressed so far. His highlights already compare with Bob Bradley, whose career spans a far longer period. Bob was proven in his mediocrity, Lampard is entirely unproven, Potter has displayed ability and promise.
Lampard on 17:11 - May 27 with 4056 viewsgiantstoneater

Lampard on 16:57 - May 27 by trampie

The last bit about Bob Bradley just proves what a minefield it is when appointing a new manager. I`d love to know who has actually applied but not too many top names I suppose. If he steadies the ship it would be a step in the right direction the right backing from the board is crucial but that's where most of our problems lie.
Lampard on 17:21 - May 27 with 4024 viewstrampie

Lampard on 17:05 - May 27 by jasper_T

His record in taking Ostersunds to the top division is fantastic. They're not a Molde with the resources to guarantee some level of success.

He's had time to learn his trade and has impressed so far. His highlights already compare with Bob Bradley, whose career spans a far longer period. Bob was proven in his mediocrity, Lampard is entirely unproven, Potter has displayed ability and promise.

Potter has done well but he is so far down the food chain, could it be a case of saying a point to pointer who has a good record could compete against group quality horses ?....im not saying that he could not be a success, but to go as low down as appointing a manager from a mid table team in the Swedish league with limited experience to a team that would be regarded as a top Championship team is a long way down for a team to go and look for a manager.

Lampard on 21:32 - May 27 with 3777 viewslatchford

Oh I do apologise Darren. Not your suggestion so it must be wrong. Why would Lampard not fit? Roberto had no experience and succeeded. Toshack. Monk kept us up. Be interested to have your expert opinion
Lampard on 21:50 - May 27 with 3731 viewsDarran

Lampard on 21:32 - May 27 by latchford

Oh I do apologise Darren. Not your suggestion so it must be wrong. Why would Lampard not fit? Roberto had no experience and succeeded. Toshack. Monk kept us up. Be interested to have your expert opinion

I think we need more than someone with absolutely no experience whatsoever.
Roberto,Toshack and Monk were all different scenarios.

I didn’t say it was wrong I just questioned why he was perfect for us.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024