Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? 14:01 - Aug 8 with 16503 viewsTom1912

We seem to currently be negotiating:

Clucas to Wolves
Fernandez to Newcastle
Fulton to Reading
Ayew to Fulham/Palace

And there seems to be a possibility of Naughton going too.

We also seem to be trying to sign

Ryan Woods
Carl Jenkinson

And will obviously need to see a replacement CB if Fernandez goes. And really, we need another striker.

That is a lot of business to wrap up in 27 hours. Most likely we'll sell most the top list and have to fall back on the loan back. Concerning what shape the squad will look like by the end of the window tomorrow.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2018 14:01]
9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 14:51 - Aug 8 with 2868 viewsjasper_T

9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 14:46 - Aug 8 by Swansea93

Wage deductions, parachute money?

TV money last season was ~£100m. Parachute payment is ~50% of that in the first year. Championship TV income is a relative pittance.
9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 14:51 - Aug 8 with 2858 viewsHeadmaster

"Unlikely" to get Woods even if we sell. What's the excuse this time?

9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 14:53 - Aug 8 with 2837 viewsjasper_T

Stuart James thought Carroll had a bad game on Saturday. His opinion's not to be trusted.
9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 14:55 - Aug 8 with 2811 viewsLeonWasGod

9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 14:22 - Aug 8 by Landore_Jack

Surprisingly Nixon hasn't mentioned Carl Jenkinson.

Nor Declan John, but the beeb have:

13:19
John to head back to Wales?
Ex-Cardiff defender linked with Swansea

Rob Phillips

BBC Wales Football Correspondent

Swansea City are understood to be facing competition from Championship rivals Ipswich Town for Welsh international Declan John.

BBC Sport has learned Rangers are prepared to allow the 23-year-old to leave on loan.

John joined Rangers last summer from Cardiff City on loan, before a agreeing a permanent deal in December.

He made 25 League starts for the Scottish Premier Division club but is on the radar of Swansea manager Graham Potter, with Ipswich also keen.

Edit - Ipswich are rumoured to be selling their left back Knudsen to Stoke, so this could well have legs.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2018 14:57]
9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 14:57 - Aug 8 with 2793 viewsSwansea93

Funny a week ago we was all buzzing with the new signings and rumours, now it looks absolute shite for us.

We're going into Saturday with potentially 1 senior CB and 1 striker.

We can't even compete in the market in the Championship, what a joke.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 14:57 - Aug 8 with 2769 viewsHeadmaster

9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 14:53 - Aug 8 by jasper_T

Stuart James thought Carroll had a bad game on Saturday. His opinion's not to be trusted.

He has sources within the club. There's a difference between having a personal opinion about a player's performance and reporting what sources are telling him about transfer activity.

Plus, Nixon has also said the likelihood of us signing Woods is "a bit rich", whatever that means.
9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 15:04 - Aug 8 with 2706 viewsWingstandwood

9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 14:37 - Aug 8 by omarjack

In reality..the window for Championship clubs lasts for extra 3 weeks..we can sign players with "fake loans"..a loan for now with obligation to buy in January..We can even pay in advance..I expect many of that sort of deals to happen.

Anyway for that Nixon tweet..HOLY MARY MOTHER OF F*CK..shambles if half of it is true.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2018 14:38]

Like I've mentioned on this forum previously?... The club is comedy-surreal with real life Kamikaze-self destruction/standards from a club becoming football equivalent to 'This Is Spinal Tap'....'Brass Eye'......'Alan Partridge' or 'The Producers'.

I mean stuff like having an amateur (standard!) ex roofing supplier as D.o.F in the Premier League of all places along with?.... A fan taunting PR-own goal JVZ running a dubious travel club with Martin Morgan..... Jenkins shenanigans in the Penny and Keefe court case.......Not paying up in the Penny and Keefe case...... The Trust deal that has yet to be honoured..... Doing a double cross on Rodgers and not having him..... Having an ex-Neath Town non-entity and U21 coaching failure to coach Premier League international players......SIgning Clucas etc, etc, etc...........All black comedy classics!

Argus!

9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 15:05 - Aug 8 with 2698 viewssP7qupUf

Have a look at Huw's programme notes for the Stoke game that he did not attend. He talks about a season of disappointment and a lot of work to be done before pre season and then writes (his words).... "We have to be ready, we will be ready" Alarming to say the least if we lose all these in the next day and they are not replaced by realistic signings.
Login to get fewer ads

9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 15:08 - Aug 8 with 2658 viewsjasper_T

9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 14:57 - Aug 8 by Headmaster

He has sources within the club. There's a difference between having a personal opinion about a player's performance and reporting what sources are telling him about transfer activity.

Plus, Nixon has also said the likelihood of us signing Woods is "a bit rich", whatever that means.

"Woods bit rich" means the deal is too expensive, because we're fcked for cashflow right now.

Last week Stuart James was throwing a strop about all the cash he was convinced we must have lying about but haven't spent. Sources or not I put little faith in the conclusions he draws.
9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 15:09 - Aug 8 with 2643 viewsWingstandwood

9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 15:05 - Aug 8 by sP7qupUf

Have a look at Huw's programme notes for the Stoke game that he did not attend. He talks about a season of disappointment and a lot of work to be done before pre season and then writes (his words).... "We have to be ready, we will be ready" Alarming to say the least if we lose all these in the next day and they are not replaced by realistic signings.

Yeah, devious absolute bullsh1t is his forte! Who can remember the way he deliberately mislead many to believe that he would resign (blatant subterfuge during critical season ticket renewal period) in Xmas programme notes.

Argus!

9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 15:11 - Aug 8 with 2630 views34dfgdf54

9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 14:57 - Aug 8 by Headmaster

"Bit rich" for him means too expensive from his previous tweets regarding other clubs, I know I'm stating the obvious, just thought I would mention it.

Completely understand the need for cutting costs, cutting wages, but I agree with Stuart James when he said the proof will be in the pudding regarding the Woods deal, if they want it, they'll back him, if not, the white flag is up. It looks to be the latter unfortunately. I must admit, I still find it crazy Potter took this job on because he would have known the score prior to joining.
9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 15:21 - Aug 8 with 2538 viewsAngelRangelQS

9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 15:11 - Aug 8 by 34dfgdf54

"Bit rich" for him means too expensive from his previous tweets regarding other clubs, I know I'm stating the obvious, just thought I would mention it.

Completely understand the need for cutting costs, cutting wages, but I agree with Stuart James when he said the proof will be in the pudding regarding the Woods deal, if they want it, they'll back him, if not, the white flag is up. It looks to be the latter unfortunately. I must admit, I still find it crazy Potter took this job on because he would have known the score prior to joining.

They can't back him if they don't have the money, can they?

I think people are probably over-estimating how much being relegated has cost us.
9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 15:21 - Aug 8 with 2530 viewsHip

It's more of a numbers thing than a lot of you guy realize. We've got 23 players in the squad with no backup LB, a replace Mawson at CB and no backup CF until Bony comes back from injury. So it would be unlikely to move for anyone until others are sold.
9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 15:23 - Aug 8 with 2508 views34dfgdf54

9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 15:21 - Aug 8 by AngelRangelQS

They can't back him if they don't have the money, can they?

I think people are probably over-estimating how much being relegated has cost us.

Possibly.

I would have thought with Clucas and Ayew going, which I think they will, then we could have backed Potter with that particular signing.
9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 15:26 - Aug 8 with 2474 viewsJango

I’m very surprised we haven’t heard anything about Dyer, Routledge and Narsingh going. It’s pretty clear that they won’t be in first team plans so you think their agents would be trying to get their availability out there. We could do with free wages and space
9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 15:28 - Aug 8 with 2455 viewsjasper_T

9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 15:21 - Aug 8 by Hip

It's more of a numbers thing than a lot of you guy realize. We've got 23 players in the squad with no backup LB, a replace Mawson at CB and no backup CF until Bony comes back from injury. So it would be unlikely to move for anyone until others are sold.

What's your cutoff point for 23 players in the squad?

There's 6/7/8 players in and around the first team that have played left back before.
9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 15:30 - Aug 8 with 2427 viewsBadlands

If we don't know what is happening with Clucas, Ayew and Fernandez it would make sense to wait for the window to close and go into the loans and free market.
Better that than rush to bring players in who are too expensive or not really what we need.

I am surprised Amat is still with us.
Two seasons have passed when he's not been happy and to be left out last Saturday will surely have hacked him off.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 15:35 - Aug 8 with 2366 viewsAngelRangelQS

9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 15:23 - Aug 8 by 34dfgdf54

Possibly.

I would have thought with Clucas and Ayew going, which I think they will, then we could have backed Potter with that particular signing.

Agreed but as things stand there is just over 25 hours of the window left and they are not only still here but moves appear to be some way off.

It would be madness to commit to a big deal like Woods without knowing for sure that Clucas/Ayew were going?
9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 15:37 - Aug 8 with 2336 viewstrinityann

No need to get worked up, just save it for 5pm tomorrow.
9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 15:39 - Aug 8 with 2310 viewsTheResurrection

9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 15:08 - Aug 8 by jasper_T

"Woods bit rich" means the deal is too expensive, because we're fcked for cashflow right now.

Last week Stuart James was throwing a strop about all the cash he was convinced we must have lying about but haven't spent. Sources or not I put little faith in the conclusions he draws.

He's a complete fackwit.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 15:43 - Aug 8 with 2259 viewsTheResurrection

9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 15:23 - Aug 8 by 34dfgdf54

Possibly.

Possibly? How about facking definitely.

Why doesn't everyone just wait and see what happens before all this second guessing bollocks and chipping in with the usual load of nonsense.

According to Nixon Nmecha was on his way to us last week. Told his mates the lot, now it's unlikely. That should say it all, but no, off some of you go again the first chance you get with your misery dictionary guff.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 15:45 - Aug 8 with 2236 viewsCaptain_Sham

If we get rid of both Amat and Fernandez, I'm struggling to see how we go forward (bad choice of words with them both being defenders) figuratively speaking.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2018 15:48]

Its just a ride.

9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 16:02 - Aug 8 with 2096 viewssnork44

9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 15:11 - Aug 8 by 34dfgdf54

How about Jenkins lied to Potter, I mean the tvvat has form for doing that in the past! Things will be different my arse , it's the same every year we get our hopes up, one or two players are signed then when we need the important players through the door , the cretins at board level dither ! So we'll have the same outcome we will get rid of a lot of players, pay over the odds for one and miss out on three either by Jenkins haggling over a couple of quid and eventually we fail to get the paperwork through by the cut off time and our squad is down to the bare bones. How Statler and Waldorf have faith in that idiot from Alltwen is beyond all of us, but as long as they get their dividends from the Swansea City franchise then they'll be happy.

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 16:03 - Aug 8 with 2077 viewsHip

9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 15:28 - Aug 8 by jasper_T

What's your cutoff point for 23 players in the squad?

There's 6/7/8 players in and around the first team that have played left back before.

Forward
(1) Oliver McBurnie
(2) Jordan Ayew - could leave
(3) Wilfried Bony - Injured
--> another CF

Wings
(4) Barrie McKay
(5) Jefferson Montero
(6) Luciano Narsingh
(7) Wayne Routledge
(8) Nathan Dyer

Midfield
(9) Bersant Celina
(10) Leroy Fer - Injured
(11) Sam Clucas - could leave
(12) Tom Carroll
(13) Matt Grimes
(14) Jay Fulton - could leave

Defense
(15) Martin Olsson
(16) Connor Roberts
(17) Kyle Naughton - could leave
--> another LB

(18) Federico Fernández - could leave
(19) Mike van der Hoorn
(20) Jordi Amat - could leave
--> another CB

GK
(21) Kristoffer Nordfeldt
(22) Erwin Mulder

< First team but do not count on the 25 man >

Joel Asoro - Under 23
Yan Dhanda - Under 23
9 deals by 5pm tomorrow? on 16:06 - Aug 8 with 2054 viewsMorfa_Same

There's increased positivity around after last week. If we follow it up by offloading Fede and Amat, being stuck with Clucas and Ayew and bringing in Tom James and Declan John it's going to be a bit of a dampener.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024