Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Out of Contract Players 10:58 - Nov 22 with 4457 viewsTom1912

With McBurnie, Fulton, Grimes, Rodon and now Roberts signed up for the next few years, the club have done well in locking down our younger talent.

By my reckoning we're left with contracts expiring on more experienced players only:

Fer
Bony
VDH
Olsson
Narsingh
Routledge

I wouldn't be surprised if all these left next summer. I can't imagine we'll offer Routledge and Narsingh new deals and the club have an option on Bony for another year but I can't see a scenario they'd take it without some serious wage re-negotiation. And that's if he's even here after January. I'd like to see Fer and Olsson stay but their age and higher wages will probably see them move on as they seek to get what will likely be the final big deal of their career.

VDH is probably the one most would like to see stay but I suspect he will have some decent offers on the table.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2018 10:58]
Out of Contract Players on 00:38 - Nov 23 with 775 viewsjackrmee

Out of Contract Players on 11:22 - Nov 22 by jasper_T

Only if he stays fit and bangs in 20 goals before the end of the season. Minimum expectation for that sort of money.

If he does that, Shirley we'd be back in the prem anyway

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Out of Contract Players on 01:28 - Nov 23 with 762 viewsSwan91

Out of Contract Players on 11:16 - Nov 22 by _

Would we all accept Bony on 30k a week for another year?

Didn't Michael Owen have a contract towards the end of his playing career where it was mainly appearance bonus and goal bonus. So if he got injured the club wouldn't lose too much on him.

If I was Swansea... I would either let him go to another team or sign him on a base pay (I.e 10k a week) with the money jumping up if Bony makes an appearance and also gets assists and goals.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024