Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! 22:26 - May 26 with 7244 viewsThornburyswan

From looking at the bookies odds tonight!
Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 13:10 - May 27 with 1649 viewsAngelRangelQS

Tranmere defender Ritchie Sutton is relishing the new brand of football Micky Mellon has brought to Prenton Park and believes it has added another dimension to his game.

The manager spoke about how the fans have recognised the style of football he has brought to the club after the side’s 1-0 win over York City in the National League.

Sutton is now a regular fixture alongside Steve McNulty in the heart of defence and is an integral part of the new passing style which has seen so much league success in the last two months.

“I’ve played in more direct sides rather than playing out from the back, so I’ve picked it up pretty well and the manager seems to be happy with me.
Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 13:11 - May 27 with 1646 viewssg1912

Welcome to the next level..

European football was overrated anyway.
Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 13:42 - May 27 with 1535 viewsPentyrchJack

Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 12:55 - May 27 by AngelRangelQS

He’s only three years older than Potter

He has 5 promotions on his CV, albeit at a lower level.

Knowledge of the lower leagues where we can pick up some gems

His teams play decent football

He’s had experience working with youngsters

Since when as a club were we only interested in “names”?

....Laudrup didn’t do too badly!

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 13:44 - May 27 with 1529 viewsAngelRangelQS

Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 13:42 - May 27 by PentyrchJack

....Laudrup didn’t do too badly!

No he didn’t.

Neither did Potter, Rodgers and Martinez.

I guess though you’ve only been watching us for a couple of years
Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 13:59 - May 27 with 1500 viewsPentyrchJack

Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 13:44 - May 27 by AngelRangelQS

No he didn’t.

Neither did Potter, Rodgers and Martinez.

I guess though you’ve only been watching us for a couple of years

....yes, only a few years give or take 45 years since age of 5 in Enclosure.

If you think Micky Mellons track record (below) is worthy of being a Swansea manager then you obviously know jack all about football:

Fleetwood Town:
Conference Premier Champions (1): 2011—12[18]
Conference North Play-offs Winners (1): 2009—10[15]
Shrewsbury Town:
League Two Runners-Up (1): 2014—15[49]
Tranmere Rovers:
National League Play-off Winners (1): 2017—18
League Two Play-off Winners (1): 2018—19

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 14:38 - May 27 with 1440 viewsAngelRangelQS

Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 13:59 - May 27 by PentyrchJack

....yes, only a few years give or take 45 years since age of 5 in Enclosure.

If you think Micky Mellons track record (below) is worthy of being a Swansea manager then you obviously know jack all about football:

Fleetwood Town:
Conference Premier Champions (1): 2011—12[18]
Conference North Play-offs Winners (1): 2009—10[15]
Shrewsbury Town:
League Two Runners-Up (1): 2014—15[49]
Tranmere Rovers:
National League Play-off Winners (1): 2017—18
League Two Play-off Winners (1): 2018—19

I’m not sure what you expect tbh mate.

We are either going to go for someone with success in a lower league, whether that’s here or abroad (I.e Potter/Mellon)

Or we are going to go for someone who has a mixed record at this level, here or abroad (Sousa/Rodgers/Poyet)

Or we are going to go for a bit of a rookie either with experience of the club (Martinez/Monk/Toshack/Tate) or someone with no experience at the club but a bit of a name (Batistuta)

All are going to come with their upside and all are going to come with downsides

I don’t know what about Mellon’s successful career to date makes him unworthy of managing the Swans (i.e a cash strapped mid table Championship side)
Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 15:00 - May 27 with 1375 viewsSwanseaman

No one can know for sure if he is: 'worthy of being a Swansea manager'.

Martinez managerial record before us was zero, Mellon could be great for us, or he could be no good.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 15:16 - May 27 with 1331 viewsdickythorpe

Give the guy a chance! Even I gave Potter a chance.......
Login to get fewer ads

Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 15:23 - May 27 with 1314 viewsmajorraglan

Someone has put a £10 on Micky Mellon! on 14:38 - May 27 by AngelRangelQS

I’m not sure what you expect tbh mate.

We are either going to go for someone with success in a lower league, whether that’s here or abroad (I.e Potter/Mellon)

Or we are going to go for someone who has a mixed record at this level, here or abroad (Sousa/Rodgers/Poyet)

Or we are going to go for a bit of a rookie either with experience of the club (Martinez/Monk/Toshack/Tate) or someone with no experience at the club but a bit of a name (Batistuta)

All are going to come with their upside and all are going to come with downsides

I don’t know what about Mellon’s successful career to date makes him unworthy of managing the Swans (i.e a cash strapped mid table Championship side)

I don’t know a great deal about Mellon, but when you just look at his tats in terms of promotions play offs etc it looks decent, however there needs to be context around that. If he’s gone to clubs who’ve been the big spenders in their Division splashing the cash on players etc it puts a different spin on things.

Personally, I would discount the no experience of managing but knows the club option, I would also discount the experienced high profile pro who’s never managed before, which leaves lower league option or the mixed record option. If it were me, I would be looking outside the U.K. at options with proven track records in Spain, Germany or the Netherlands including reserve team managers who’ve shown they can cut it. As things stand, I think Norwich would be a club to emulate.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024