Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ToysRUs 21:39 - Mar 21 with 2767 viewsjack_lord

Aldi is going to open in the old ToysRUs unit. Is that a decent brand to help the struggling parc tawe concept? Footfall will improve by a big margin but is it the right brand for the future?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

ToysRUs on 21:48 - Mar 21 with 2048 viewsbritferry

Cant see why not, the top half of the parc, nearest to the stadium always seems to be busier, as it has supermarkets and a gym, so hopefully this will help fill the other half too

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

ToysRUs on 21:51 - Mar 21 with 2042 viewsBoundy

ToysRUs on 21:48 - Mar 21 by britferry

Cant see why not, the top half of the parc, nearest to the stadium always seems to be busier, as it has supermarkets and a gym, so hopefully this will help fill the other half too

An occupied store has to be better than a boarded vacant one ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

ToysRUs on 21:57 - Mar 21 with 2032 viewsjack_lord

ToysRUs on 21:48 - Mar 21 by britferry

The other half of Parc Tawe has certainly been boosted with the newer Lidl.

ToysRUs on 21:59 - Mar 21 with 2029 viewsbritferry

ToysRUs on 21:51 - Mar 21 by Boundy

An occupied store has to be better than a boarded vacant one ?

oh yes, its depressing going thru town and seeing stores empty all over the place

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

ToysRUs on 08:44 - Mar 22 with 1935 viewsonehunglow

Aldi is growing exponentially or so it seems.
German firm maybe but one that offers decent product at low prices with no frill.Check outs are fast with good reason.They take more money quickly and customers queue less.
It' s a winning brand and the big boys are well aware and are trying to fight back.

I see Aldi and Lidl becoming pre eminent within 10 years.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

ToysRUs on 09:14 - Mar 22 with 1917 viewsBoundy

ToysRUs on 08:44 - Mar 22 by onehunglow

Aldi is growing exponentially or so it seems.
German firm maybe but one that offers decent product at low prices with no frill.Check outs are fast with good reason.They take more money quickly and customers queue less.
It' s a winning brand and the big boys are well aware and are trying to fight back.

I see Aldi and Lidl becoming pre eminent within 10 years.

I quite like the quirkiness of Lidls', random shopping at its best , go in there for a bunch of bananas, leave with them and a portable compressor you never knew you needed

ToysRUs on 09:21 - Mar 22 with 1909 viewsonehunglow

ToysRUs on 09:14 - Mar 22 by Boundy

I quite like the quirkiness of Lidls', random shopping at its best , go in there for a bunch of bananas, leave with them and a portable compressor you never knew you needed

Morn Boundy
I quit hopping there after ripping into the manager over a couple of Plebs who were shopping minus masks and chatting to the staff there.
I now shop M@.A little dearer but a better class of punter.It mut be as I see John Digger Branes in there. We're on nodding term too,even with me being a vile racist. He's put on some timber I can tell ya

ToysRUs on 09:30 - Mar 22 with 1906 viewsraynor94

What's a decent brand? I think Aldi will be a great addition to Parc Tawe

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

ToysRUs on 09:33 - Mar 22 with 1903 viewsonehunglow

Nothing down beat brand about Aldi.
If there were,then Wilmslow would not have a branch and a busy one at that.

ToysRUs on 09:34 - Mar 22 with 1905 viewsProfessor

ToysRUs on 09:21 - Mar 22 by onehunglow

Morn Boundy
I quit hopping there after ripping into the manager over a couple of Plebs who were shopping minus masks and chatting to the staff there.
I now shop M@.A little dearer but a better class of punter.It mut be as I see John Digger Branes in there. We're on nodding term too,even with me being a vile racist. He's put on some timber I can tell ya

Not keen on the one in West Kirby, or the Aldi. Neston Aldi is far too busy for me! The newer Lidl stores with the full in store bakery are smashing. Lovely Goat's Cheese Focaccia, Pretzels and Pastel De Nata. Great fruit and veg too. Was in the one in Chester after my vaccination on Wednesday at the racecourse. They also sell Ritter Sport, which is not good for me, but can't resist a bar of rum, raisin and hazelnuts.
ToysRUs on 09:40 - Mar 22 with 1898 viewsonehunglow

ToysRUs on 09:34 - Mar 22 by Professor

Not keen on the one in West Kirby, or the Aldi. Neston Aldi is far too busy for me! The newer Lidl stores with the full in store bakery are smashing. Lovely Goat's Cheese Focaccia, Pretzels and Pastel De Nata. Great fruit and veg too. Was in the one in Chester after my vaccination on Wednesday at the racecourse. They also sell Ritter Sport, which is not good for me, but can't resist a bar of rum, raisin and hazelnuts.

Which one in West Kirby Paul.
I was referring to the Lidl on Leasowe Rd Wallasey Village.
By the way,come summer,park up near there and take the footpath by Tranmere Rovers Academy/The now defunct car showroom site and that will take you directly to the best swimming spot.

Forget the dogging site area. Its 200 yards to the west of that

ToysRUs on 09:44 - Mar 22 with 1898 viewsProfessor

ToysRUs on 09:40 - Mar 22 by onehunglow

Which one in West Kirby Paul.
I was referring to the Lidl on Leasowe Rd Wallasey Village.
By the way,come summer,park up near there and take the footpath by Tranmere Rovers Academy/The now defunct car showroom site and that will take you directly to the best swimming spot.

Forget the dogging site area. Its 200 yards to the west of that

Thought you meant Morrison's sorry!

Sainsbury's in Neston is OK- fairly quiet after 7pm, but we are online with top ups from our local shop-who have been excellent over the last year supporting the community with deliveries to the elderly and no price gouging.
ToysRUs on 09:49 - Mar 22 with 1890 viewsonehunglow

ToysRUs on 09:44 - Mar 22 by Professor

Thought you meant Morrison's sorry!

Sainsbury's in Neston is OK- fairly quiet after 7pm, but we are online with top ups from our local shop-who have been excellent over the last year supporting the community with deliveries to the elderly and no price gouging.

No need to be sorry mun .
Morrison has very friendly staff and good check out staff.

Sainburys in Upton the worst ,anywhere.One could read Epictetus cover to cover whilst waiting to complete transaction .

Anyway,you don't fool me ;you are Waitrose home delivery-and rightly so.

ToysRUs on 10:07 - Mar 22 with 1881 viewsProfessor

ToysRUs on 09:49 - Mar 22 by onehunglow

No need to be sorry mun .
Morrison has very friendly staff and good check out staff.

Sainburys in Upton the worst ,anywhere.One could read Epictetus cover to cover whilst waiting to complete transaction .

Anyway,you don't fool me ;you are Waitrose home delivery-and rightly so.

Ocado rather than Waitrose. Struggle to get slots for Waitrose!

Have Asda once a month for basics (beans, tomatoes, cleaning stuff).
ToysRUs on 13:58 - Mar 22 with 1838 viewsBoundy

ToysRUs on 09:21 - Mar 22 by onehunglow

Morn Boundy

Good day sir . I'm resigned to the fact that some out of sheer lack social awareness refuse to mask up and then there are those who can't and to be honest if I had a medical reason not to I wouldn't wear the bloody thing either.
Mr Barnes is a lump but a hero of mine , but if its size you hanker for then look no further than Big Nev , he and Razor Ruddock used to do "gentlemans" evenings as double act , to see how large they both had become was painful to watch but funny to listen to .

ToysRUs on 14:08 - Mar 22 with 1834 viewsonehunglow

ToysRUs on 13:58 - Mar 22 by Boundy

Good day sir . I'm resigned to the fact that some out of sheer lack social awareness refuse to mask up and then there are those who can't and to be honest if I had a medical reason not to I wouldn't wear the bloody thing either.
Mr Barnes is a lump but a hero of mine , but if its size you hanker for then look no further than Big Nev , he and Razor Ruddock used to do "gentlemans" evenings as double act , to see how large they both had become was painful to watch but funny to listen to .

Ive spoken to Digger several times and he is ok ,totally different to the angry chap who opines on racist white people.
He has lived for many years in very affluent area with the only people of colour being Consultant Surgeons,Barristers or Drug Barons.

ToysRUs on 21:58 - Mar 22 with 1757 viewsjack_lord

Anyway, Aldi in Parc Tawe Swansea

ToysRUs on 22:04 - Mar 22 with 1755 viewsraynor94

ToysRUs on 21:58 - Mar 22 by jack_lord

Anyway, Aldi in Parc Tawe Swansea

What is wrong with the brand?

ToysRUs on 22:09 - Mar 22 with 1753 viewsjack_lord

ToysRUs on 22:04 - Mar 22 by raynor94

What is wrong with the brand?

Did I say there is anything wrong with it?

ToysRUs on 22:17 - Mar 22 with 1750 viewsraynor94

ToysRUs on 22:09 - Mar 22 by jack_lord

Did I say there is anything wrong with it?

You used the words is it a decent brand, in my opinion Aldi is an excellent anchor tenant for Parc Tawe.

ToysRUs on 22:34 - Mar 22 with 1747 viewsjack_lord

ToysRUs on 22:17 - Mar 22 by raynor94

You used the words is it a decent brand, in my opinion Aldi is an excellent anchor tenant for Parc Tawe.

I did use the words "is it a decent brand". I am asking other people. I have a very long affiliation with Aldi and I am curious how perceptions are changing. It is the entrance to the city and wonder which way this development will sway.

ToysRUs on 22:45 - Mar 22 with 1741 viewsraynor94

ToysRUs on 22:34 - Mar 22 by jack_lord

I did use the words "is it a decent brand". I am asking other people. I have a very long affiliation with Aldi and I am curious how perceptions are changing. It is the entrance to the city and wonder which way this development will sway.

I think Sainsbury price matching Aldi tells you a lot.

With Lidl on the one side and Aldi on the other is great news, I think the days of snobbery are long gone with these two

ToysRUs on 23:08 - Mar 22 with 1726 viewscontroversial_jack

ToysRUs on 22:45 - Mar 22 by raynor94

I think Sainsbury price matching Aldi tells you a lot.

With Lidl on the one side and Aldi on the other is great news, I think the days of snobbery are long gone with these two

i'm surprised that you shop at these lower end discount supermarkets. I thought you would be upmarket especially with your penchant for posh dining out.
ToysRUs on 23:20 - Mar 22 with 1727 viewsraynor94

ToysRUs on 23:08 - Mar 22 by controversial_jack

i'm surprised that you shop at these lower end discount supermarkets. I thought you would be upmarket especially with your penchant for posh dining out.

Aldi is far from low end, as Sainsbury have admitted, if you haven't tried them you should.

I still buy my eggs and fruit from M and S mind.

ToysRUs on 10:17 - Mar 23 with 1657 viewsonehunglow

ToysRUs on 23:20 - Mar 22 by raynor94

Aldi is far from low end, as Sainsbury have admitted, if you haven't tried them you should.

I still buy my eggs and fruit from M and S mind.

Aldi fruit is shyte though.
M and S worth the extra

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024